PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:17 pm      Post subject: In search of family - Belowich and Cebrat

I have been told our Cebrat side is from the Galicia region, and our Belowich side (I am sure this is not how you spell it, but I can find nothing on my great grandfather or great-grandmother (last name Romanowska, from Ejszyski, Lido, Poland, that is what her naturalization papers say) I am unable to find any history on either side from before they arrived in America very early 1900's.
laurienor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:30 pm      Post subject: In search of family - Belowich and Cebrat

My 2nd great Grandfather from the Galica area was named Stanislaw Cebrat, and my great grandmother from Ejszyski, Lido, Poland, her name was Kazmira Romanowska and she married Michael Belowich we think in the Vilno area.
Agnieszka Pawlus
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 748

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:32 am      Post subject:

laurienor,

The vital records from Ekszyszki are in the Historical Archive in Vilnius.
The marriages for years 1802-1818 and 1827 are indexed in Geneteka. Indeed the surname Romanowska appears there, but I am afraid thse might be too early documents to include your great-grandparents.

Some later records are also available on FamilySearch.

Do you have any more details regarding Stanisław Cenrat? This surname is the most popular in Żywiec and Bielsko-Biała area. See the distribution map: https://nazwiska-polskie.pl/Cebrat
Visit poster's website
laurienor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:25 am      Post subject: Cebrat Additional Information

Hi Agnieszka,
According to what I have, Stanislaw Cebrat was born approx 1862, and his son Wojciech (Albert) Cebrat was born in 1888 in Żywiec. Albert is my maternal great grandfather. I know there are a lot of Cebrats from Żywiec but I am unable to connect any of them to my line. I do have a marriage certificate for Albert that lists his mother as Annie Michulec/Mullits/Muelits. I was advised that Stanislaw was the son of Woicieck Cebrat, but I am not 100% this is correct.
Agnieszka Pawlus
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 748

Post Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:26 am      Post subject:

Hello,

The problem is that this area is very poorly digitized.
The copies of church records from Żywiec are in the Archdiocesan Archive in Kraków:

Baptisms: 1811 – 1869, 1880 – 1889
Marriages: 1811 – 1851, 1853 – 1869, 1880 – 1889
Deaths: 1811 – 1851, 1853 – 1869, 1880 – 1889

Unfortunately the archive is currently closed due to the pandemic. You have to be aware also that they might have came from some smaller village in the area of Żywiec, as this was larger, administrative, historical center.

Anyway, if you would be interested in genealogy research when the archive will be opened again, feel free to contact us.

Agnieszka
Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: