PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:10 pm      Post subject: Help with Husak/Szoztak in lisko

My brick wall is my paternal grandmother's side of the family. I can literally find nothing on them all, as if they just mysteriously materialized in Chicago. The only information I have to go on is what is on my grandmother's birth certificate. Her father's name was Stefan Husak and he lists his place of birth as Lisko Austria 1/15/1873. Her mothers name was Maria Szostak only listed dob is 1878 and her place of birth was listed as Gwozdzianka, Podkarpackie. I should say I can't find a thing about either of them at all, nothing. I had been speaking with a gentleman over there about helping me and he said he would look and see what he could find and then give me a price for continued help. We had conversations a few times and then I never heard back from him at all. I have managed to track down all my other lines except this one. Any help in what direction I can go in from here? thank you so much in advance for any help.
katarzyna_t
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 82

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:52 am      Post subject: Re: Help with Husak/Szoztak in lisko

ladyjane2021 wrote:
My brick wall is my paternal grandmother's side of the family. I can literally find nothing on them all, as if they just mysteriously materialized in Chicago. The only information I have to go on is what is on my grandmother's birth certificate. Her father's name was Stefan Husak and he lists his place of birth as Lisko Austria 1/15/1873. Her mothers name was Maria Szostak only listed dob is 1878 and her place of birth was listed as Gwozdzianka, Podkarpackie. I should say I can't find a thing about either of them at all, nothing. I had been speaking with a gentleman over there about helping me and he said he would look and see what he could find and then give me a price for continued help. We had conversations a few times and then I never heard back from him at all. I have managed to track down all my other lines except this one. Any help in what direction I can go in from here? thank you so much in advance for any help.

Hello ladyjane2021,
Welcome to PolishOrigins' Forum!
Please find a map of location of your ancestor's birthplaces: https://goo.gl/maps/M6f8SkAYPQsCJk8RA
"Lisko" is a former name (till 1931) of today's Lesko. Gwoździanka belonged to the Roman-Catholic parish in Niebylec (do you know if Stefan and Maria were Roman or Greek-Catholics?)
Indeed it is hard to verify the information you already have because there are no many records available online, visiting the Archives would be needed.

If you are interested in PolishOrigins' assistance, you can read more about our genealogy services here: https://polishorigins.com/genealogy/
and send your request to our team: https://polishorigins.com/genealogy-request.

With greetings,
Katarzyna Tonia
ladyjane2021

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:55 am      Post subject: Help with Husak/Szoztak in lisko

Thank you so much for that information! We believe she was Roman Catholic as her kids were baptized here in Chicago in a Roman Catholic church as they were born. I will look at your options on moving forward.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: