PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:49 am      Post subject: John Tylutki Kolbuszowa/Domatków Galicia

I'm trying to find my ancestors who lived near Kolbuszowa. Piotr Tylutki born about 1860, children Ludwig Tylutki and Jan Tylutki who migrated to America in 1905 and 1911.

I have the passenger list for Ludwig, which reports that he sailed to the US aboard the SS Bremen, leaving Bremen, Germany and arriving in New York on 23 May 1905. He was born in Domatków, near Kolbuszowa, then part of Austria.

I have the passenger list for Jan/John, which reports he sailed to the US aboard the SS Amerika, arriving in New York City on 16 May 1911. John was also born in Domatków and passenger list confirms that his father's name is Piotr. According to the manifest, John was on his way to meet his brother Ludwig in Bayonne, New Jersey.

John married a Julia in 1913 and they had the following children:

Edward, born in Bayonne, New Jersey on 11 Jul 1919;
Jennie, born in Rochelle Park, New Jersey on 12 Mar 1920;
Josephine, born in Rochelle Park, New Jersey on 13 Sep 1922;
Teddy, born in Rochelle Park, New Jersey on 30 Apr 1926;
Wanda, born in Rochelle Park, New Jersey on 26 May 1929; and
George, born in Rochelle Park, New Jersey on 14 Nov 1931

Julia died in 1934. I have John's naturalization papers from 1937, which confirm that he was from the Kolbuszowa, but do not disclose any ancestry information.

I'm not sure what to do now. I believe that John was Catholic. Any help is appreciated.
gbarbara

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:03 pm      Post subject:

I received a document from Dzikowiec, Poland showing that my great, great, great grandmother was Katarzyna Tylutka and that the maiden name of her mother StanislawaTylutka was Twardowski.
Katarzyna Tylutka married Stanislaw Zawadzki (dob. 24.01.1826). Their son Szymon (Simion) dob. 11.10.1852 was my great great grandfather. It seems that Katarzyna had a brother Thomasa (dob. 08.10.1826). Dzikowiec is 17 miles from Domatkow.
gbarbara

gbarbara
justmejtg

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:07 pm      Post subject: John Tylutki Kolbuszowa/Domatkow

I am the daughter of Edward Tylutki, my name is Justine.
I believe your records are 1 year off as my dad was born July 11, 1918 and he died May 14, 1992.
According to the 1940 Census records attached you are also missing a child, her name was Frida, census records have it recorded as Rita but that is not correct, Frida was my Godmother.
Edward 22 July 11, 1918
Jeanette 21
Josephine 17
Frida 15
Theodore 12
Wanda 10
George 08

Attached is the 1940 census document, see lines 59-66.
My Grandfather John Tylutki was a Catholic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: