PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 104

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:01 am      Post subject: Lipinski Family from Siedlimowo?

Hello,

I am looking for information about my ancestor Martianna Lipinska (sometimes written as Marianna, unless I just cant read the handwriting). She married Kazmierz Janiak on 16 January 1830 in Gradowo, Piotrków Kujawski. She was said to be 19 (1811) and living and born in Chrosno, daughter of Michal and Katarzyna Lipinski.

Her child Walenty Janiak was born in 1831 in Gradowo and she was listed as 21 (1810).

She married again in Gradowo in June 1833 to Franciszek Jeżyk. She was shown as the daughter of Michał Lipiński and Katarzyna Lipińska, 25 years old (1808), born in Siedlimowo, living on the farm in Gradowo.

She married once more in September 1843 to Stanislaw Olszewski in Siedlimowo, no age or birth place given?

She died in December 1857 in Wilczygóra. Listed as 48 years old (1809), daughter of the late Franciszek Lipiński and Katarzyna lipińska, peasants from the village of Biskupin.

Any help in locating her birth record would be appreciated! I'm not sure where to look since her birth place is different in records. I did find a Marianna Lipinska born in January 1807 in Siedlimowo parish (Trzcianek) to Michal and Katarzyna. This could be a sister or her depending on the spelling? Attached below.

record-image_ (3).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.03 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

record-image_ (3).jpg

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2782

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:22 am      Post subject: Re: Lipinski Family from Siedlimowo?

nick3371 wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for information about my ancestor Martianna Lipinska (sometimes written as Marianna, unless I just cant read the handwriting). She married Kazmierz Janiak on 16 January 1830 in Gradowo, Piotrków Kujawski. She was said to be 19 (1811) and living and born in Chrosno, daughter of Michal and Katarzyna Lipinski.

Her child Walenty Janiak was born in 1831 in Gradowo and she was listed as 21 (1810).

She married again in Gradowo in June 1833 to Franciszek Jeżyk. She was shown as the daughter of Michał Lipiński and Katarzyna Lipińska, 25 years old (1808), born in Siedlimowo, living on the farm in Gradowo.

She married once more in September 1843 to Stanislaw Olszewski in Siedlimowo, no age or birth place given?

She died in December 1857 in Wilczygóra. Listed as 48 years old (1809), daughter of the late Franciszek Lipiński and Katarzyna lipińska, peasants from the village of Biskupin.

Any help in locating her birth record would be appreciated! I'm not sure where to look since her birth place is different in records. I did find a Marianna Lipinska born in January 1807 in Siedlimowo parish (Trzcianek) to Michal and Katarzyna. This could be a sister or her depending on the spelling? Attached below.

Hi Nick,

Birth, marriage, and death records are primary sources only for the event which they record. Other information contained in the record is considered coming from a secondary source. Usually the only records in which a woman provided information about herself are marriage records. For birth and baptism records the mother was not present for the baptism or for when the information was provided and thus the secondary information is only as reliable as the person who is providing it. The secondary information found in death records is usually the least reliable since it was provided by individuals who often had scant knowledge of the details of the deceased person’s life.

Of the records you mentioned the first marriage record from 1830 would be considered to provide the most reliable information since that information was provided by the bride herself early in her life. According to that information her name was Marianna (written as Maryanna during the 19th Century) and her parents were Michał and Katarzyna Lipinski, who were both deceased. She was 19 years old and was born in Chrosno and was residing in Gradowo and was employed there as a servant. In the birth record you posted the parents of the child were were members of the Szlachta/Gentry (as were the baptismal sponsors AKA godparents). A keyword in that record is generosus/wellborn, an adjective which was used to describe Szlachta/Nobles who are either owners or leaseholders of property. These details render it unlikely that the birth record is that of the bride from the 1830 wedding since there is no indication that she was of noble descent.

The village where the bride was born most likely is the Chrosno in woj. Kujawsko-pomorskie, pow. Inowrocławski, gmina Kruszwica. The place to look for the record of her birth would be in the parish to which that village belonged. The go-to source for that sort of information is the Słownik geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego i innych krajów słowiańskich Link: http://dir.icm.edu.pl/pl/Slownik_geograficzny/ Unfortunately that sources of no help since the entries found there for the village do not list the parish to which it belonged.

Wishing you success in determining the parish and in locating her birth record,

Dave
nick3371

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:30 am      Post subject:

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that info! I think I’ve got a brick wall. Would the details in her second marriage not have also come directly from her?
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 691

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:08 am      Post subject:

Hi Nick
Check this out.
Parish of St. Saint Anna in Kościeszki - a Roman Catholic parish in Kościeszki, belonging to the Kruszwice deanery in the Archdiocese of Gniezno.
The parish includes believers from the following towns: Baranowo (part), Chrosno , Dobsko, Golejewo, Gopło, Kościszki, Krzywe Kolano, Lachmirowice, Lubstówek, Rzeszyn, Rzeszynek, Siemionki, Sierakowo, Sierakówek and Włostowo.

Regards,
-Barb
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 691

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:38 pm      Post subject:

Hello again,
Here are collected all the 3 weddings you mentioned in your first post. It looks like the third one doesn't fit the rest. Marianna's maiden name is different.

-Barb

Lipinska.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  66.52 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Lipinska.jpg

nick3371

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:16 pm      Post subject:

I think it is an indexing error, that was her 2nd married name. I think the last name in her last marriage is just a spelling difference of her 2nd married name. I know this is the same person since in her son Kazimierz Janiak’s marriage entry, it lists his stepfather as Stanislaw Olsewski.

This is a tricky one!
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2782

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:05 pm      Post subject:

BarbOslo wrote:
Hi Nick
Check this out.
Parish of St. Saint Anna in Kościeszki - a Roman Catholic parish in Kościeszki, belonging to the Kruszwice deanery in the Archdiocese of Gniezno.
The parish includes believers from the following towns: Baranowo (part), Chrosno , Dobsko, Golejewo, Gopło, Kościszki, Krzywe Kolano, Lachmirowice, Lubstówek, Rzeszyn, Rzeszynek, Siemionki, Sierakowo, Sierakówek and Włostowo.

Regards,
-Barb

Barb,

That is a good search but here is the bad news: https://parafie.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=pr&pid=3651
And worse...Also,the only records on Family Search are from 1945 to 1952. A slim possibility would be to contact the Archive of the Archdiocese of Gniezno and ask whether the archive has the registers that would be needed:
Contact info:
ul. Kolegiaty 2
62-200 Gniezno
tel. 61/426 19 09
e-mail: [email protected]
www.archiwum.archidiecezja.pl

Life is seldom as easy as one would like.

Nick,

She would have been there to answer questions prior to the marriage but it’s hard to say whether the priest asked the right questions or just depended on what he knew about the parties. Priests were not usually as careful when gathering information about widows and widowers as they were for first marriages.

Good luck.

Dave
nick3371

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:35 am      Post subject:

Thanks Dave and Barb! I appreciate all your help.

Best,

Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: