PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:02 pm      Post subject: Help needed in Sulwalki-Szezebra-Vilna

Hello All, I have been trying for 30 years to find some relatives no luck at all. I am trying to locate my Mother's family in Poland/Lithuania. Her Father's name was Victor Piotrowskie born in 1886 in Suwalki, Russia and he also mentions Szezebra on one of his documents, and her Mother's name was Marie Urbanowicz born in 1895?. His parents names were Andrew and Anna (Taneska ?) Her parents names were Ignatz and Kazimira Jenczhenska? and on one of her documents she writes Vilna, Russia. I put question marks when I am unsure of the spelling. My Grandfather Victor had at least one brother that I know of, he wrote a post card from Poland/Russia to him with the address suwalki kosciuszki #25, his name was Adam/Albin Piotrowskie and he had 2 daughters Janina and Hedwiga. I hope that my family history is not lost forever. We have only a marriage license from here in the United States, a badly damaged christening document from my Grandfather, a post card from his brother from about 1939 during WWII and his naturalization document which has no good information on it enough to search except for the place Szezebra. Any information would be greatly appreciated, I am hoping to at least find a census for his bother and children. If any one can point me in the right direction for any information I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you! I am attaching the part of the postcard with the address of Adam/Albin Piotrowskie from 1939. Thank you again!

name and address.jpg
 Description:
Last communication received from my Grandfather's brother.
 Filesize:  105.97 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

name and address.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:20 am      Post subject: Re: Help needed in Sulwalki-Szezebra-Vilna

mscafo12 wrote:
Hello All, I have been trying for 30 years to find some relatives no luck at all. I am trying to locate my Mother's family in Poland/Lithuania. Her Father's name was Victor Piotrowskie born in 1886 in Suwalki, Russia and he also mentions Szezebra on one of his documents, and her Mother's name was Marie Urbanowicz born in 1895?. His parents names were Andrew and Anna (Taneska ?) Her parents names were Ignatz and Kazimira Jenczhenska? and on one of her documents she writes Vilna, Russia. I put question marks when I am unsure of the spelling. My Grandfather Victor had at least one brother that I know of, he wrote a post card from Poland/Russia to him with the address suwalki kosciuszki #25, his name was Adam/Albin Piotrowskie and he had 2 daughters Janina and Hedwiga. I hope that my family history is not lost forever. We have only a marriage license from here in the United States, a badly damaged christening document from my Grandfather, a post card from his brother from about 1939 during WWII and his naturalization document which has no good information on it enough to search except for the place Szezebra. Any information would be greatly appreciated, I am hoping to at least find a census for his bother and children. If any one can point me in the right direction for any information I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you! I am attaching the part of the postcard with the address of Adam/Albin Piotrowskie from 1939. Thank you again!

Can You please take a photo of the postcard and attach it? If possible, please upload other mentioned documents too.

The village you mentioned was: Szczebra.
I have found marriage record for Andrzej Piotrowski and Anna Lutostańska.

This is a pre-wedding announcement document for Wiktor's parents.

Translation:

Parish-priest of the Szczebra parish.

Let it be known by this certificate that due to the marriage to take place, between:

Andrzej Piotrowski, a single man, son of Feliks and Rozalia, Piotrowski's spouses, farmers, who was born and lives in Szczebra, located in the parish of Szczerba

and

Anna Lutostańska, daughter of Szymon and Eleonora, Lutostański's spouses, who was born in the Jabłonowo folwark, located in the parish of Kaletnica, who lives in Pijawne Małe, located in the parish of Suwałki

three banns of marriage were announced in the parish of Szczebra, on Sundays, at 12 o'clock at noon:

first on January 13th/25th,
second on January 20th/February 1st
and third on January 27th/February 8th of the current year.

No obstacles to this marriage were discovered.

The groom made a holy confession and received holy communion in the parish of Szczebra.

Szczebra, January 27th/February 8th 1874, priest Franciszek Kozłowski.

marriage banns.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.75 MB

marriage banns.jpg

PAYPAL: [email protected]
mscafo12

Post Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:12 pm      Post subject: Thank you for help needed in Sulwalki-Szezebra-Vilna

Dear Vico11, (is your name marcel proust ?) I can not believe that you actually found proof of my Grandfather's parents, I was beginning to think that all of my polish/Lithuanian ancestors were lost to us forever. I can't wait to show my Mother she just turned 90 years old! You have brought tears to my eyes and a great joy to my soul. I will attach the documents that I have. I appreciate this so very much I can not express this. I will set up a paypal account as I do not have one. Please let me know the gift amount that will help you with your travels and research. My email address is [email protected] if you wish to contact me that way also. I will also pm you since I am have not used this site in a long time just in case. I will look to see what I have on my grandmother Marie Urbanowicz if you can help with that at a later time. Thank you so much, I can not even express how much! You can email anytime, I am in New York, United States. I will be setting up pay pal tonight. Thank you so much again and be safe in this pandemic. Sincerely, Mary Scafo Here is my email address
[email protected]

1 Marr Victor and Maria Urbanowicz.jpg
 Description:
This is my grandfathers marriage license paper which he lists the names of his parents, but you have already solved that, thank you again!
 Filesize:  272.11 KB

1 Marr Victor and Maria Urbanowicz.jpg

post card two.jpg
 Description:
I know this postcard say's something like they are not happy, or something like that. This is the last time my granddfather heard of his brother. I think the building is now a post office which is ironic since my mother said her father told her he was a p
 Filesize:  196.14 KB

post card two.jpg

postcard one.jpg
 Description:
I was mistaken-My grandfather's brother sent 2 postcards
 Filesize:  143.86 KB

postcard one.jpg

viktor birth christen.jpg
 Description:
I think this is my Grandfather Victor's christening certificate
 Filesize:  249.02 KB

viktor birth  christen.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:34 pm      Post subject: Re: Thank you for help needed in Sulwalki-Szezebra-Vilna

mscafo12 wrote:
Dear Vico11, (is your name marcel proust ?) I can not believe that you actually found proof of my Grandfather's parents, I was beginning to think that all of my polish/Lithuanian ancestors were lost to us forever. I can't wait to show my Mother she just turned 90 years old! You have brought tears to my eyes and a great joy to my soul. I will attach the documents that I have. I appreciate this so very much I can not express this. I will set up a paypal account as I do not have one. Please let me know the gift amount that will help you with your travels and research. My email address is [email protected] if you wish to contact me that way also. I will also pm you since I am have not used this site in a long time just in case. I will look to see what I have on my grandmother Marie Urbanowicz if you can help with that at a later time. Thank you so much, I can not even express how much! You can email anytime, I am in New York, United States. I will be setting up pay pal tonight. Thank you so much again and be safe in this pandemic. Sincerely, Mary Scafo Here is my email address
[email protected]

I will answer your message as soon as possible.

mscafo12

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:17 pm      Post subject: Church name in Suwalki

Hi Marcel, Can you tell me the name of the church that the banns took place in? Can you also tell me the name of the register that you found them in - if possible I would like a copy of the book cover for my family history book. Thank you, Mary
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:03 pm      Post subject: Re: Church name in Suwalki

mscafo12 wrote:
Hi Marcel, Can you tell me the name of the church that the banns took place in? Can you also tell me the name of the register that you found them in - if possible I would like a copy of the book cover for my family history book. Thank you, Mary

The church where the banns of marriage took place was located in the village of Szczebra. This church doesn't exist now.

The marriage took place in the town of Suwałki. The information about the banns of marriage was entered as an attachment in the Suwałki church book. You would have to ask for a copy of the marriage record from the Suwałki State Archives, because only the banns of marriage record is available on-line from that year.

The marriage record was entered in the Suwałki romancatholic parish, at number 12, in the year of 1874.

I can ask for a copy of this marriage record from the State Archives.

There was also Andrzej Piotrowski's birth certificate attached to the marriage record.

Andrzej Piotrowski baptism certificate part 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.87 MB

Andrzej Piotrowski baptism certificate part 2.jpg

Andrzej Piotrowski baptism certificate part 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.85 MB

Andrzej Piotrowski baptism certificate part 1.jpg

book cover.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  974.49 KB

book cover.jpg

Last edited by marcelproust on Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
mscafo12

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:53 pm      Post subject: Thank you

Thank you very much! Sending soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: