PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:29 am      Post subject: Ksiazko family search looking for grandparents.

HI I'm looking to find out what happened to my grandparents and anyone who is related to my family tree
I have very little information and only 1 photo of my grandfather.

My father was Edwin Julian Ksiazko
His father was Julian /Julias Ksiazko
My grandmother was Carolina Forba

My father was born in Bialystok. HE said that his father or grandfather was a shoemaker.
One of grandfathers or great grandfathers was married twice and travelled to the US.
They were at the DP Marienthal which is where i think my grandfather died.
I have tried lots of avenues with not much luck. And i have no living relatives that can help me.

Our cousins are Kuczynski.
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:24 am      Post subject: Re: Ksiazko family search looking for grandparents.

Ksiazko wrote:
HI I'm looking to find out what happened to my grandparents and anyone who is related to my family tree
I have very little information and only 1 photo of my grandfather.

My father was Edwin Julian Ksiazko
His father was Julian /Julias Ksiazko
My grandmother was Carolina Forba

My father was born in Bialystok. HE said that his father or grandfather was a shoemaker.
One of grandfathers or great grandfathers was married twice and travelled to the US.
They were at the DP Marienthal which is where i think my grandfather died.
I have tried lots of avenues with not much luck. And i have no living relatives that can help me.

Our cousins are Kuczynski.

Please provide your father's date of birth. Do you have any documents regarding the birth of your father?

PAYPAL: [email protected]
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 960

Post Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:42 pm      Post subject:

Hello,

I am sure you have this document, but I am posting in case it is of help to Marcelproust.

Edwin immigrated with his siblings: Helena, Henryk, and Fryderyk in 1950 to Australia. Edwin was born
20 Aug 1933 in Szurpily. The family’s religion is listed as “Prot” Protestant. So, his birth record may be in the Evangelical Church parish. Not sure, but the nearest Evangelical parish may be in Suwalki.

Note the birthplace of his sister, Helena, is spelled incorrectly on the manifest. I think it is most likely the nearby village of Łopuchowo.

Hopefully this helps provide some clues as to what parish may have the family records in Poland.

Best,
Cynthia

29B8F9BD-E0F9-4E48-ABCB-F1D060E0FF60.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  312.57 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

29B8F9BD-E0F9-4E48-ABCB-F1D060E0FF60.jpeg

Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: