PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:34 am      Post subject: Zawidowice Grodek Jagiellonski

Hello Fellow Members,
I have a hit a "brick wall" and look for guidance as to where to search next. My gggg grandparents Jan Zabierzewski and wife Anna Wasylkowska, had two sons born in Zawidowice, Grodek Jagiellonski (Lwow), Austria-Galicia in 1781, 1783 roughly...then I think they moved elsewhere, as no more mentioned of them....I know they had more children including my ggg grandfather Jan Zabierzewski....born about 1793.....would anyone have any suggestions as how I can look for maybe a possible next village or town to look in??...I already went thru the churches in Lwow....do you think I should stick to this geographical area to keep searching for more birth records? I would appreciate your help. I thank you. Marcia
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 868

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:41 pm      Post subject:

Hi Marcia,

Welcome to the forum!

So, do you actually have copies of the birth records you mention? And, when you say you have gone through the churches, do you mean you actually searched all of the parish books for all of the churches in Lwow? I guess I am asking for a little more detail on what research you have already done, and what you mean when you say “no more mention of them”….

More details might be helpful…

All the best,
Cynthia
Send e-mail
MarciaFeinberg

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:19 pm      Post subject: Zawidowice Grodek Jagiellonski

Hello Cynthia,
Thank you for answering. Yes, I found on AGAD collection a 1781 and 1786 Zabierzewski birth/baptism records in Zawidowice, Grodek, but that was all...Since this region so close to Lwow I tried looking through RC church records close to those years, as my ggg grandfather born about 1793 and I am looking for his birth record. I looked in Lwow RC church records for what was available to me. My next step was to go to Mormon Family History Center to search again, once they open...they are closed until Late September in the U.S.....I hope I answered your questions and Thank you again. Marcia
Piotr Zelny
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 68

Post Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:09 pm      Post subject:

Hi Marcia,

There is massage for you on the blog. The response is late but better later then never.
https://polishorigins.com/blog/where-to-find-inventories/#comment-642

All the best
Piotr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: