PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:32 am      Post subject: Ignacy Paderewski accompanyment performance

Friends,

I am not sure if this subject fits here, but here goes.

In 1910, my grand parents, Bruno Raykiewicz, and Anna Siska, had the honor to sing accompanyment to the famous Polish concert pianist Paderewski, in the Paterson, NJ. Armory Hall. This was two years before my grand parents were married. (they were married in 1912).

When I was a younger person, I actually saw the program from the concert. With my grand mother's maiden name on it. That was many, many years ago. Since then, my sisters and a I have no idea what became of that program. What a shame!

If anyone has more information about the performances of Ignacy Paderewski during the year 1910, in the North Jersey area, I would like to hear from you.

Bruce F. Raykiewicz
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:54 pm      Post subject: Re: Ignacy Paderewski accompanyment performance

ErieAtalntic7597 wrote:
Friends,

I am not sure if this subject fits here, but here goes.

In 1910, my grand parents, Bruno Raykiewicz, and Anna Siska, had the honor to sing accompanyment to the famous Polish concert pianist Paderewski, in the Paterson, NJ. Armory Hall. This was two years before my grand parents were married. (they were married in 1912).

When I was a younger person, I actually saw the program from the concert. With my grand mother's maiden name on it. That was many, many years ago. Since then, my sisters and a I have no idea what became of that program. What a shame!

If anyone has more information about the performances of Ignacy Paderewski during the year 1910, in the North Jersey area, I would like to hear from you.

Bruce F. Raykiewicz

Hi Bruce,
It has been a few years since you posted this question. I was wondering if you ever found the program you were seeking.

Paderewski was a very interesting man. Did you know that when Paderewski died, he was interred at Arlington National Cemetery? The cemetery posted more information here: http://www.arlingtoncemetery.mil/History/ProminentFigs/HF_Paderewski.aspx

I had the opportunity to see a great display of Paderewski - related items at the Polish Museum in Chicago..... including his wonderful fur-trimmed overcoat. Perhaps the same one as in this photo?

See the original photo at the Library of Congress: www.loc.gov/pictures/resource/hec.06571

I wonder if there are any PolishOrigins members who have Ignacy Paderewski in their family tree?

Paderwski - Library of Congress.jpg
 Description:
Click to see larger image. Original at the Library of Congress: www.loc.gov/pictures/resource/hec.06571
 Filesize:  739.48 KB
 Viewed:  6880 Time(s)

Paderwski - Library of Congress.jpg

Heath

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:09 pm      Post subject:

I see that this post is fairly old, but Ignace Paderewski is in my tree, and this post is how I found this website. Though information on Ignace is plentiful, genealogical information on his relatives is not. I can trace my tree back to him and beyond. I am not direct to Ignace, his father Jan had a brother Maciej Paderewski, which is the line I am from. I am able and willing to help anyone with any of the information that I have. To my knowledge, there are very few descendants of Ignace in the United States, which is where I am at. There seems to be, or should definitely be a lot more in Poland, which I would Love to connect or communicate with. Please anyone with any information respond here or contact me!
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:57 pm      Post subject:

Hi Heath,
I think that any post is never too old to add a comment. It is great that our discussion led you here! I have no relation to Ignace, but I found him to be very interesting. I hope that you can connect with some cousins soon!

Also, I hope that you enjoy this website. I have learned so much from the connections I've made here. Welcome!

Shellie
Heath

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:40 am      Post subject:

Shellie wrote:
Hi Heath,
I think that any post is never too old to add a comment. It is great that our discussion led you here! I have no relation to Ignace, but I found him to be very interesting. I hope that you can connect with some cousins soon!

Also, I hope that you enjoy this website. I have learned so much from the connections I've made here. Welcome!

Shellie

Thanks so much for the welcome! After I joined and started poking around more, I realized that my post wasn't exactly in the right spot, but figured I would post here first anyways, and then post with more material or information in the proper spot when I get a chance. I am excited at the possibilities that might come out of this, even though the surname Paderewski doesn't appear to be one that anyone on here is researching as well. I have already found some great links and information that may help me.
One story that has been passed down is that at some point, an "unknown" relative/cousin of his had attended a concert of Ignace in the United States. That relative then went backstage to try to speak with Ignace. A member of Ignaces' entourage relayed the message to Ignace that a relative wished to speak with him. Ignace replied that he would only speak to this person if he spoke Polish, which he did not, so they never spoke. I am left to wonder if Ignace chose not to speak because of disbelief that it was truly a relative, or because of some other reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: