PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:38 pm      Post subject: Assistance in finding information abroad.

My Babcia passed away recently and with that, all hope of finding any information regarding her family. In looking through her belongings I found a letter, written in Polish, which is roughly translated. It gives hints on names etc though I cannot make heads or tails of it. I am also from Australia and am having issues finding any records, or hints which lead me in the right direction. I was wondering if anybody could offer assistance in nudging me in the right direction. Much help would be greatly appreciated. Below is the letter (google translated so may be rough). Thank you

Beloved Hel, beloved your loved ones! When writing this letter, I would like to convey my thoughts as simply as possible, so that the translation from my computer would be as understandable as possible for — and her family. Beloved, for four years I have been trying to learn about the life history of the Fabianski grandparents, their parents and their children (there was a lot of it). The most interesting thing about this topic is that I cannot find the cause of the emigration of my grandparents' parents, i.e. They came from central Poland to the areas of the former Eastern Borderlands (today's Ukraine, and at that time tsarist Russia), at a distance of over a thousand kilometers. There could be two reasons: the first for bread, and the second, more likely, was a punitive deportation for insurgent activities ((Poland was under the partitions of Russia, Austria and Prussia). I also lack basic data on Przybyłów's grandparents: I cannot find the name, maiden name great-grandmother, place and date of her birth. I also do not know the place and date of birth of grandmother Józefa Fabiańska. I rely on guesses and what my mother, uncle Kazik and uncle Mietek told me. and even Wenia Piekarska. I started this search at the request of my uncle Mietek, who asked me for it in a telephone conversation because the children wanted to know the fate of him and his family. in Warsaw, after installing a computer and the Internet, I have easier access to these materials. and mine are not susceptible to learning), I changed my view on these matters and came to the conclusion that it is necessary to collect data primarily from living family members. Please, Hel, describe to me (if you can) the most important data about your family (kinship, names, dates and place of birth), maybe one day someone will need it very much. The second very important request I have to you, Hel, is that you, Hel, find wars. I think, I'm even convinced that your mother played a very important role for us Poles and there was little she could tell you about it. Mama Your's statement that Uncle Szerszeń warned her not to show up in Poland - he gives examples, but not by post. I am convinced that you, Helu and your family, can be proud of Tola's activities. Certainly there will be difficulties in accessing documents because in England they may be covered by the confidentiality clause. Not everything is confidential and it is only up to you, Hel, whether your efforts will confirm my assumptions. Finally, together with my wife, Hel, and your family, I would like to offer you my best Christmas wishes and all the best for the New Year. 2.-Internet print of the area where grandma Józefa Fabiańska was born. 3.-Internet print of the area where grandfather Michał Fabiański was born. Uncle Józef. 5.-Prints of our winter in Warsaw from last year - a Christmas tree in the patio with a satellite dish, thanks to which I can even watch you (here, too, a poorly successful copy of your town). Thanks to Google Earth, I have you underneath. ! 6.-A copy of the instructions Map of Poland via the Internet. I am sure that you are the owners of the Internet, and thus viewing the maps of Poland will be on request. With memory)? Already quite finished, is this translation digestible? Staszek and Sew, who love and respect you, require progress. From the death of my uncle and Mietek diwas plowing detailed data on the activities of her mother during the period of a lot of guesswork.
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:18 am      Post subject: Re: Assistance in finding information abroad.

BradleyJerzy wrote:
My Babcia passed away recently and with that, all hope of finding any information regarding her family. In looking through her belongings I found a letter, written in Polish, which is roughly translated. It gives hints on names etc though I cannot make heads or tails of it. I am also from Australia and am having issues finding any records, or hints which lead me in the right direction. I was wondering if anybody could offer assistance in nudging me in the right direction. Much help would be greatly appreciated. Below is the letter (google translated so may be rough). Thank you

Beloved Hel, beloved your loved ones! When writing this letter, I would like to convey my thoughts as simply as possible, so that the translation from my computer would be as understandable as possible for — and her family. Beloved, for four years I have been trying to learn about the life history of the Fabianski grandparents, their parents and their children (there was a lot of it). The most interesting thing about this topic is that I cannot find the cause of the emigration of my grandparents' parents, i.e. They came from central Poland to the areas of the former Eastern Borderlands (today's Ukraine, and at that time tsarist Russia), at a distance of over a thousand kilometers. There could be two reasons: the first for bread, and the second, more likely, was a punitive deportation for insurgent activities ((Poland was under the partitions of Russia, Austria and Prussia). I also lack basic data on Przybyłów's grandparents: I cannot find the name, maiden name great-grandmother, place and date of her birth. I also do not know the place and date of birth of grandmother Józefa Fabiańska. I rely on guesses and what my mother, uncle Kazik and uncle Mietek told me. and even Wenia Piekarska. I started this search at the request of my uncle Mietek, who asked me for it in a telephone conversation because the children wanted to know the fate of him and his family. in Warsaw, after installing a computer and the Internet, I have easier access to these materials. and mine are not susceptible to learning), I changed my view on these matters and came to the conclusion that it is necessary to collect data primarily from living family members. Please, Hel, describe to me (if you can) the most important data about your family (kinship, names, dates and place of birth), maybe one day someone will need it very much. The second very important request I have to you, Hel, is that you, Hel, find wars. I think, I'm even convinced that your mother played a very important role for us Poles and there was little she could tell you about it. Mama Your's statement that Uncle Szerszeń warned her not to show up in Poland - he gives examples, but not by post. I am convinced that you, Helu and your family, can be proud of Tola's activities. Certainly there will be difficulties in accessing documents because in England they may be covered by the confidentiality clause. Not everything is confidential and it is only up to you, Hel, whether your efforts will confirm my assumptions. Finally, together with my wife, Hel, and your family, I would like to offer you my best Christmas wishes and all the best for the New Year. 2.-Internet print of the area where grandma Józefa Fabiańska was born. 3.-Internet print of the area where grandfather Michał Fabiański was born. Uncle Józef. 5.-Prints of our winter in Warsaw from last year - a Christmas tree in the patio with a satellite dish, thanks to which I can even watch you (here, too, a poorly successful copy of your town). Thanks to Google Earth, I have you underneath. ! 6.-A copy of the instructions Map of Poland via the Internet. I am sure that you are the owners of the Internet, and thus viewing the maps of Poland will be on request. With memory)? Already quite finished, is this translation digestible? Staszek and Sew, who love and respect you, require progress. From the death of my uncle and Mietek diwas plowing detailed data on the activities of her mother during the period of a lot of guesswork.

Would it be possible to attach the original letter?

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research Resources, Tools & Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: