PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 31

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:02 pm      Post subject: Looking for Baptismal records

My 3rd Gr. Grandparents were Jakob Kokott (b. Jul 6 1840 in Adamopwitz?) and Apolonia Pauline Niewrzoll (b. Feb 6 1832 in Adamowitz, Upper Silesia) and also Johann Christiansorind Swienty (b. Jan 24 1838 in Adamowitz?) and Apolonia Pauline Kordula (b. Nov 10 1837 in Adamowitz). I found Apolonia Pauline Kordula's baptism record at Upper Silesia Genealogical Society - siliusradicum.pl - in the Markowitz (Markowice) parish.
I could use help locating the other three records at the same place.
Send e-mail
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:37 pm      Post subject:

Hi,

If your ancestors were Roman Catholic, the records you are looking for are available online through Family Search. However, they are locked. That means you can only view them if you go to a Family Research Center near you or to a Library affiliate. Do you have a Family Research center near you, or do you know someone who does? Alternately, is there a Library near you that has an arrangement with Family Search allowing them access to the records online?

Here is the link in Family Search for the parish books you need:
https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/303492?availability=Family%20History%20Library

Best,
Cynthia
Send e-mail
briankaess

Replies: 31

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:37 pm      Post subject: Looking for Info on Georg Kokot

Jakob Kokott's parents were likely Georg Kokot (b. abt 1799) and Francisca Piela (b. abt 1802) and they were married in 1832 in Markowitz. I can only find one more sibling for Jakob named Ignatz Kokot (b. 1835). Anybody with info on Georg's siblings, spouse, parents, or vital info is welcome to reply or contact at [email protected]
I am trying to build the line bit by bit.
Thanks again,
Brian
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: