PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:08 pm      Post subject: Jacob Filip - 1854-1861

I’m looking for information on my Great Great Grandfather Jacob Filip who I believe left Galicia in 1913 to Detroit Michigan. I believe that he was born in either 1854 or 1861 in Lancut or Zolynia. The Ellis Island records shows Zolynia as the place he left in 1913 but I believe that he may have been born in Lancut.
I believe that he had 3 sons that went to Detroit as well, Jacob, John (Johannes?) and Frank (Frantisek?). All of them left Zolynia for Detroit before their father.
Jacob Sr. was married to a Katarzyna Mlynek who went with him to Detroit in 1913 and a 17yr ok’d daughter named Katarzyna as well.
Any information of Jacob Sr or Katarzyna Mlynek would be much appreciated.
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 172

Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:22 am      Post subject: Re: Jacob Filip - 1854-1861

czech_pivo wrote:
I’m looking for information on my Great Great Grandfather Jacob Filip who I believe left Galicia in 1913 to Detroit Michigan. I believe that he was born in either 1854 or 1861 in Lancut or Zolynia. The Ellis Island records shows Zolynia as the place he left in 1913 but I believe that he may have been born in Lancut.
I believe that he had 3 sons that went to Detroit as well, Jacob, John (Johannes?) and Frank (Frantisek?). All of them left Zolynia for Detroit before their father.
Jacob Sr. was married to a Katarzyna Mlynek who went with him to Detroit in 1913 and a 17yr ok’d daughter named Katarzyna as well.
Any information of Jacob Sr or Katarzyna Mlynek would be much appreciated.

There are many parochial books relating to the parishes of Zolynia and nearby
Bialobrzegi that are available online. One of them, from Bialobrzegi, covers
the time period of 1856 - 1908 and is written in Latin. It contains birth certificates.

https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/jednostka/-/jednostka/19962092

You may also try to check the below parochial books for the years 1890-1911.
They relate to Zolynia, Brzoza and Bialobrzegi.

https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/zespol?p_p_id=Zespol&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&_Zespol_javax.portlet.action=zmienWidok&_Zespol_nameofjsp=skany&_Zespol_id_zespolu=136715
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: