PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 479

Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:50 am      Post subject: Help with Location of Trzebin village

G'day

I was hoping that someone could help me locate Trzebin village in Grand Duchy of Posen [Poznań]. I have a marriage record which notes this as the birth place in the 1870's but I have been unable to locate where it may be. Based on births and marriages from this family line it should be close to Kalisz.

The Słownik geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego i innych krajów słowiańskich notes that it is Trzebein but this is a long way from Kalisz.

Any help with location of the village and parish would be appreciated.

Thanks
TedMack

Replies: 479

Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:54 am      Post subject: Re: Help with Location of Trzebin village

TedMack wrote:
G'day

I was hoping that someone could help me locate Trzebin village in Grand Duchy of Posen [Poznań]. I have a marriage record which notes this as the birth place in the 1870's but I have been unable to locate where it may be. Based on births and marriages from this family line it should be close to Kalisz.

The Słownik geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego i innych krajów słowiańskich notes that it is Trzebein but this is a long way from Kalisz.

Any help with location of the village and parish would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry - spent a couple of hours yesterday looking and couldn't find it - today after I wrote the above went to Google maps and found it nearly straight away - it is

Trzebin is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Dobrzyca, within Pleszew County, Greater Poland Voivodeship, in west-central Poland. It lies approximately 4 kilometres west of Dobrzyca, 17 km west of Pleszew, and 74 km south-east of the regional capital Poznań.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: