PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 25

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:19 pm      Post subject: Pictures of Jaslo area

My grandparents come from the villages of Szebnie(Peter Mysliwy) and Budzisz(Katherine Lubas), municipality of Jaslo, county of Przemysl and province of Podparckie.
We're looking for some pictures of these areas (with area identified) and any people connected with with either family name (with connection identified).
The descendents of Peter and Katherine would like to see the area where our grandparents grew up and hopefully some relatives.
I hope someone can help us. Thanks...klizzy
brianminnie

Replies: 51

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:26 pm      Post subject:

Hi klizzy,

there were some links to photos in this earlier forum post: http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=8096. Did any of those help?

Brian
klizzy

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:04 pm      Post subject:

Hi Brian
Thank you for directing me to the pictures. I like the one of the Church very much. I was hoping to get some of the houses or stores, post office, etc. I'd like to get a feel for the village and the surrounding area.
I do need to get a translator on my machine....I am not very good at guessing the translations;
Another job to get done again....I just had the machine cleaned up and I haven't gotten the translator installed
Thanks again.....Karen
brianminnie

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:23 pm      Post subject:

You're welcome Karen. If any other members can help with the photos of house, stores, post office, etc. you ask for, I'd also like to see. I am planning on going to Szebnie/Jaszczew next year (with Zenon & Polish Origins tours) so I will definitely take photos then.
klizzy

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:09 am      Post subject:

I'm already looking at your photos in my mind. Now, I'm looking forward to your trip as well....Karen
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:08 am      Post subject:

Hi Klizzy,

Google is your friend, you can use translate.google.com for circa 50 languages, Polish included. It helps a lot.

Kind regards,
Elzbieta
klizzy

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:04 am      Post subject:

Elzbieta
My middle name is Elizabeth..,small world. Thanks for the translate goolge suggestion....it works well.
Karen
klizzy

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:09 am      Post subject:

Brian
I saw that Szebnie is one of the villages you listed as being of interest to you. In that same area is another village, Budzisz, that I am also interested in. When you go to visit should you run into anyone with the names Mysliwy or Lubas would you be kind enough to direct them to me at this web site. I would be most grateful to possibly make a connection in Poland.
Thanks in advance.....Karen
brianminnie

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:43 pm      Post subject:

Hi Karen,
I've made a note about your family names and will keep them in mind. Be warned though, I don't plan to travel until spring of 2014 (yes, I do plan way ahead!). My family is from Jaszczew, which is in the parish of Szebnie. I have had zero success with finding records remotely so I am really hoping to have better luck when I'm there.
klizzy

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:27 pm      Post subject:

Hi Brian
You have to plan ahead for a trip like this..I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find information about your family...then I'll add some prayers while you're on the trip. Remind me when your getting ready to leave. Where do you live, I'm in Massachusetts.
Karen
brianminnie

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:38 pm      Post subject:

Hi Karen - I sent you a private message.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Other topics related to Poland and Polish roots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: