PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Latin records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 166, 167, 168 ... 171, 172, 173  Next
Author

Replies: 96

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:26 am      Post subject: marriage

Dave

First marriage on the attachment

If i am reading this right, Michael Zok is a widow and both of his parents are alive during this marriage?

Mike Zok Mary Wisnewski 1857 marriage 8018014 pg 868.jpg
 Description:
marriage Mike Zok Mary Wisnewski
 Filesize:  1.3 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Mike Zok Mary Wisnewski 1857 marriage 8018014 pg 868.jpg

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1937

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:21 am      Post subject:

a4u2fear wrote:
Hi Dave

I misled you with my last post and I apologize. While my original question was about Mary, I needed her document translated to find out the status of her parents.

However, the Jaskiewicz family births have eluded me. They appear to all be from Debno. While I am not specifically looking for Mary (~1804), I am looking for her sibling's family and kids who were born in the range of 1808-1820. I still haven't had luck finding them, but by browsing those mogilno films I did find a lot of baptisms in Debno included. Still, maybe I am looking for something that can't be found.

Hi Andrew,

Not looking specifically for the birth of Maryanna does put the search in a different light and searching through the post 1808 records does make sense. If the search of births in Dębno is fruitful that is great; if it is not, perhaps a search through births from the remaining villages of the parish would be warranted.

Wishing you success,

Dave
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:24 am      Post subject: Re: marriage

a4u2fear wrote:
Dave

First marriage on the attachment

If i am reading this right, Michael Zok is a widow and both of his parents are alive during this marriage?

Hi again,

The groom was a widower. Whether or not his parents were living at the time cannot be determined from the entry. The record states that the groom had judicial consent for the marriage but makes no mention of his parents. It does state that the bride had the consent of her father, but no mention is made of her mother. Widowers had no need for parental consent since they had already been emancipated from parental authority by virtue of their first marriage.

I’ve never been able to discover the technicalities of judicial consent in the German Partition. The peasants in that partition had been emancipated from their feudal obligations in 1807. Prior to that year peasants on landed estates needed the permission of the Pan who owned the estate. Although emancipation had taken place in 1807, the relationship between the peasants and the landowners was a bit murky after that date, being bound up by custom as well as by law. Sometimes custom seemed to be more important and influential in defining the relationship between the peasants and the szlachta than the law.

Perhaps the need for judicial consent from the court in the case of widowers may have been related to land holding/ownership, but I’m not sure.

Anyway, the bottom line is that the groom had the consent of the court and there is no indication of whether or not his parents were living at the time.

It may also be worth noting that at the time of the marriage the groom was residing in Kołuda Wielka and the bride had been residing in Ludzisko.

Dave
wavydave

Replies: 16

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:10 pm      Post subject: Re: parishioner records

Wow, thanks so much Dave! I've been struggling to figure out these parishioner lists for over a year and you've now helped me locate the church record locations for some of my immediate family. Very much appreciated.

dnowicki wrote:

Hi Dave,

You’ve extracted most of the information correctly. I’ll just make a few additions and corrections. Wincenty 2 is entirely in Latin. Wincenty 3 is mostly in Latin with a bit of Polish.

Wincenty 2:
House 0 just means there is no house number but gives no indication whether he was the owner or a tenant.
Katarzyna was born on November 25, 1838 (as I read the numbers. Also, it is more in line with the births & ages of the other children. 1832 would not match her age in Wincenty 3.
Kasper (Also spelled Kacper in Polish) was born in 1841 and baptized in Czostków (as I read the letters)
Damianus is Damian rather than Dominik and he was born on October 3, 1844
The next two children are Rafal & Szymon (Polish) Raphael & Simon (Latin & English). They are twins (gemelli—the word you asked about) and were born on October 25 184(not sure of the last number).

Wincenty 3
I don’t see anything to indicate that he is deceased. The first words are vide in (illegible abbreviation). Vide is the Present Imperative Singular (gives a command) of the verb video,videre, vidi, visum, to see and so "vide in..." means “see in...” It directs you to another book/record/place. The rest is correct.
Elżbieta is all correct.
Katarzyna is all correct
Kasper/Kacper is correct except that I see the place as Czostków
Dominik again is Damian. The following words are in Polish “w …orwice ochr.” = baptized in ...orw…
Leo (Polish: Leon) correct age; in Złot??? parish of J (or I) gicka?
Józef correct age; baptized in Licharowo? (ie is the Locative ending (which follows the preposition “w” (“in”). The Nominative ends in o.

It appears that the twins Rafal & Szymon must have died.

I hope that the tweaks help you a bit.

Dave
who

Replies: 64

Post Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:05 am      Post subject:

This record is from Trawy, near Pniewnik, Mazovian Voivodeship. 1806. This is supposed to be a old man, but as far as I understand, it is a "Infant"?

Thanks!

501045_406144deb557egew254dho.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  100.7 KB

501045_406144deb557egew254dho.jpg

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:48 am      Post subject:

who wrote:
This record is from Trawy, near Pniewnik, Mazovian Voivodeship. 1806. This is supposed to be a old man, but as far as I understand, it is a "Infant"?

Thanks!

Hi,

You read the record correctly. The deceased is a three month old child. Here is a translation of the body of the entry.

On the 5th day of March, 1806 a child by the name of Dionizy, the son of the nobles* Tomasz and Agnieszka Swiętochowski, 3 months of age, died of ordinary causes (lit. an ordinary death).

Note:*nobilis/noble: describes the owner or leaseholder of a parcel of land. The Polish version is szlachetny.

Hope this helps you determine who the child is.

Dave
who

Replies: 64

Post Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:09 am      Post subject:

Thanks!! So, I have to find the good one... Smile
Almacwik

Replies: 17

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:10 pm      Post subject: Translate please - Joannes Jasica

Hi
Can anyone help me translate this. I’ve marked the persons in red.
Thank you

0746A2F6-04E4-4BE2-82C3-759541C3FD3F.jpeg
 Description:
Joannes Jasica. Can?t tell type of record it is. Or parents or spouse name.
 Filesize:  1.48 MB

0746A2F6-04E4-4BE2-82C3-759541C3FD3F.jpeg

Almacwik

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:12 pm      Post subject: Translate - record for Andreas Jasica

Can someone help translate this record for Andreas Jasica.
Thank you

C567DDB6-3ADD-4781-A636-7E4993489004.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.01 MB

C567DDB6-3ADD-4781-A636-7E4993489004.jpeg

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:41 pm      Post subject: Re: Translate - record for Andreas Jasica

Almacwik wrote:
Can someone help translate this record for Andreas Jasica.
Thank you

Hi Alma,

I am unable to read the letters in col. 8 which specifies the cause of death. I presume you would like that information. If you could provide a link to the record perhaps I would be able to determine the letters. I am not sure of the spelling of his widow’s maiden name. When one is no longer 20 eyesight is not as good as it once was. Also the text in the headings may not match your copy exactly. There were several versions of column headings over the years. The one I chose seems to match the entries.

Here is the translation. I hope you find it helpful.

Dave

Col. 1: N(ume)rus Serialis = Number in order: 4
Col. 2: Top: Year: (Missing in image but based on data in the final column is 1900)
Col. 2a: Dies et Mensis obitus = Day and Month of death: April 28
Col. 2b: Dies et Mensis sepulturae = Day and Month of burial: April 30
Col. 3: N(ume)rus Domus = House Number: 30
Col. 4: Nomen, cognomen et conditio mortui—penes infantes aut caelibes etiam nomen, cognomen et conditio parentum = The first and the surname and the condition/ status/occupation of the deceased—with infants and bachelors (and bachelorettes) also the first and surname and status/condition/occupation of the parents: Andrzej Jasica, the husband of the surviving Elżbieta née Cimła(?)
Notation in cols. 1-4: The one (i.e. the priest) as above buried him.
Col. 5: Religio = Religion
Col. 5a: Catholica = Catholic: Checked
Col. 5b: Aut alia = Or another: Blank
Col. 6: Sexus = Sex/Gender
Col. 6a: Masculini = Male: Checked
Col. 6b: Foeminini = Female: Blank
Col. 7: Dies Vitae = Days of Life (i.e. age)
Col. 7a: Annorum = Years: 73
Col. 7b: Menses vel Dies = Months or Days: 19(?)
Col. 8: Morbus et qualitas mortis = Disease/Illness and type of death: illegible
Col. 9: Adnotationes = Notations: Strengthened by the Most Holy Sacraments. The next part of the entry give the medical revue (certificate) number which begins with a name. Here is how I see that portion of the entry: Lak??? April 29, 1900 Number 11(?)
Almacwik

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:27 pm      Post subject:

Hi. Thank you. Here is the link. It’s just a bad copy. Thanks.
https://www.ancestry.com/mediaui-viewer/tree/111556919/person/392083090638/media/a6e4b1cd-9ac4-4d53-95c6-db4fee36b3c5?usePUBJs=true

BaldygoR

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:08 pm      Post subject:

Attached is the death record of my great grandfather PIOTR BALDYGA. I am hoping that there may be useful information in this entry beyond his name, the date, and location that could assist me in furthering my search for his history.
Thank you,
Bob Baldygo

Piotr Baldyga Death Record 09 26 1901.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Piotr Baldyga Death Record 09 26 1901.pdf
 Filesize:  126.53 KB
 Downloaded:  38 Time(s)

BaldygoR

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:26 pm      Post subject:

Attached is the death record of my great grandmother EWA LIS BALDYGA, , daughter of FRANCISZKA and MARYANNA (maiden name unavailable) LIS. I am hoping that information in the entry beyond the names, date and locations will aid in furthering my search for her or her parents' histories.
Thank you,
Bob Baldygo

Ewa Lis Baldyga Death Record 07 22 1900.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Ewa Lis Baldyga Death Record 07 22 1900.pdf
 Filesize:  131.47 KB
 Downloaded:  25 Time(s)

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:45 pm      Post subject:

BaldygoR wrote:
Attached is the death record of my great grandmother EWA LIS BALDYGA, , daughter of FRANCISZKA and MARYANNA (maiden name unavailable) LIS. I am hoping that information in the entry beyond the names, date and locations will aid in furthering my search for her or her parents' histories.
Thank you,
Bob Baldygo

Hi Bob,

The records you posted are in Russian (Cyrillic Alphabet) not in Latin, which, like English, uses the Roman Alphabet. Two rules of thumb—1. When you see letters in the image which don’t resemble the letters we use and the record comes from the Russian Partition it most likely is in Russian. 2. In the Russian Partition civil records were kept in Polish from 1808 until 1868 and then in Russian from 1868 until the end of WWI, when they reverted to Polish. In that same partition when you come across a record in Latin it is an Ecclesiastical record rather than a civil transcript.

If you post your request in Russian records translations p. 2 you should get a timely response. Here is the link to the proper thread https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=48182&sid=c6d710a430b84625a70b4be86ac77194#48182

Good luck with your research.

Dave
DMStutzman

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:51 pm      Post subject: Help with Greek Catholic translation-Tarasievich

Hi, Attached is a copy from Greek Catholic records listing various marriages; the records appear to be in Latin. I am interested in the translation of the first record which shows the various names in the Tarasievich family. Thank you for your assitance.

Daniel

Tarasievich_Michael_GC record.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Tarasievich_Michael_GC record.pdf
 Filesize:  2.35 MB
 Downloaded:  33 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 166, 167, 168 ... 171, 172, 173  Next Page 167 of 173

Jump to: