PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Latin records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 272, 273, 274  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:00 am      Post subject: Re: Latin Record Translation

jjjhoppe wrote:
I would sincerely appreciate translating this marriage record of Valentine Kamyszek and Magdelena Zychlinska.

Thank You;

Julian J. Hoppe

Julian,

The same for this one. I do hope Dave will complete and correct.
Elzbieta

==

DEDUCED MARRIAGE RECORD:
26 January 1848, celebrated by priest [cannot decipher]. Blessed marriage between laborer Walenty [Valentine] Kamyczek, young man from Milawa and Magdalena Zychlińska young woman from Słowikowo, before [cannot decipher] mother; no objection to marriage occurred.
[in next column] Both children were under the authority [powers] of the mother Spunza?

STEP-BY-STEP:
26 January 1848
(nomen sacerdotti copulantis – name of priest who celebrate marriages)

Benedixit matrimonium inter labor. Valentinum Kamyczek juvenis de Milawa et Magdalenam Zychlińska virginum of Słowikowo
Benedixit matrimonium = blessed marriage

prae = before
?
matterdis?; materris = mère
nullo
qiu
impediements
detectis

labor. = laborer
juvenis = young man
virginum; virginis = young woman, single
ambo liberi spunza sub potestates matrio = both children were under the powers of the mother Spunza ?

==
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:33 am      Post subject:

Gilberto,

The death record you posted is only for Antoni Cieslinski. The priest who recorded his death and burial was sloppy in the way he recorded the information. He started to write, changed his mind, crossed out what he had written and changed the entry. I can read the normal Latin text but am not sure of the all the names of the individuals and one location. The Latin text in typewritten form follows:
Trzciniec 1857 die 1 Octobris (he crossed out 30 Septembris) hora 12 mer(idiem) sepul(tus) est Antonius Cieslinski oper(arius) ann(orum) 62 qui obijt die 29 Septembris hora 8 mane. Relinquit uxorem Catharinam Cieslinska et liberos Mariannam Michala....(the last name is written above her name & I'm not sure of the spelling), Franciscam Konapliska (not sure of spelling) in Posada Rynisk (again not sure of spelling) et Rosaliam in Trzciniec. Testes Petrus Nejn...or Wejn..an(norum) 50 et Laur(entius) Magroski oper(arius) an(norum) 50 de Trzciniec
Translation:
Trzciniec 1857 On the 1st day of October at 12:00 noon Antoni Cieslinski, a worker, age 62 was buried who died on the 29th day of September at the hour of 8:00 a.m. He left behind his wife Katarzyna Cieslinska and the adult children Maryanna Michala..., Franciszka Konapliska (?) in Posada Rynisk (?) and Rozalia in Trzciniec. The witnesses were Piotr (not sure of last name) age 50 and Wawrzyniec Magroski, a worker age 50 from Trzciniec.

I do not believe the numbers on the left have anything to do with the record unless they may represent payment for the grave and an offering for the parish.

Hope this helps.
Dave
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:40 am      Post subject: Latin Baptism & Marriage Records

Julian,

I will translate the two records you posted later today. I do not have sufficient free time at the present.

Dave
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:58 pm      Post subject: Birth Record for Valentine Kamyszek

Latin text in typewritten form:
1828 2 Februarii: Anno 1820 Die 2 Februarii Ego qui supra (from record above: Andreas Bocianski C.R. praepositus loci) baptizavi infantem Die 30 Januarii hora 2da (secunda) post meridiem natum filium laboriosorum Mathiae et Mariannae Sieszerk Kamyskow colinorum Conj. Leg. cui imposui nomen Valentinum. Patrini fuere laboriosus Felix Kamyszek et laboriosa Marianna Selniczkowa uterque de Milawa coloni.

Translation: February 2, 1828: On the second day of February in the year 1828 I as above (ie. Andrzej Bocianski, C.R. the ecclesiastical superior of this place) baptised an infant (who was) born on January 30 at the second hour after mid day (2:00p.m.), the son of the legal marriage of the workers Maciej and Maryanna nee Sieszerk Kamyszek, inhabitants (tenants), to whom I gave the name Walenty. The sponsors were the worker Felix Kamyszek and the worker Maryanna Selniczek, both inhabitants/tenants from Milawa.

Note: The priest in charge of the parish belonged to a religious order (The Congregation of the Resurrection) instead of calling himself the pastor (parochus) of the parish he uses a term favored by religious order clerics praepositus (superior).
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:04 pm      Post subject:

Julian,
In the baptismal record and translation the year should read 1820 in all instances, not 1828. It was a long day planting in the garden and I didn't check what I had typed until it had been submitted. My apologies,
Dave
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:53 pm      Post subject: Marriage record for Valentine Kamyszek

The record is in the columnar format adopted in parishes in German Poland (Province of Posen) beginning about 1820. The scan cuts off some of the top of the page which indicates what is to be entered in each column. I will not guess at the exact Latin headings but will give an English equivalent from many similar records from that area.

Column 1: The number of the marriage in the current year: #2
Column 2: Day, month and year of the Marriage: 26 Januarii 1848 = January 26, 1848
Column 3: Name of the priest who blessed the marriage: Idem = the same as above I am not able to read the priest's signature
Column 4: Names of the couple joined in marriage, residence, condition or profession and whether the marriage was blessed in the church or in a private location: The Latin is: benedixt matrimonium inter laboriosum Valentinum Kamyszek juvenem de Milawa et Magdalenam Zychlinska virginem de Slowikowo, praemissis praenuntiationibus, nulloque impedimento detecto.
Translation: (The same priest as above) blessed the marriage between the worker Walenty Kamyszek, a single young man from Milawa and Magdalena Zychlinska, a maiden (unmarried young woman) from Slowikowo, after the banns (of marriage) had been announced and no (canonical) impediment had been discovered.
Column 5: Whether either party had been married previously or whether either had been living under the tutelage of parents or guardians: Latin is: Ambo liberi; Sponsa sub potestate matris.
Translation: Both are adults; the bride (is living) under the guardianship of her mother.
Column 6: Age of the groom; Age of the bride: The entry for the groom is 27 and for the bride the entry is 17
Column 7: Religion of the groom and of the bride: Both are Catholic
Column 8: With the consent of the parents or guardians: Latin is: Ambo liberi; sponsus cum consensu parentum; sponsa cum consensu judici tutela. Translation: Both are full grown (adults); The groom (is marrying) with the consent of his parents; The bride (is marrying) with the consent of (her) judicial guardian.
Column 9: Dates of the publication of the banns. Latin is: 1. Dominica post Festivam Circumcisionis
2. Festiva Epiphaniae
3. Dominica 1 post Epiphaniam
Translation is: 1. The Sunday after the Feast of the Circumcision (The Sunday after January 1)
2. The Feast of the Epiphany (January 6)
3. The First Sunday after Epihpany
Column 10: Whether there were any dispensations granted: Blank
Column 11: Witnesses: Latin is: Ignatius Kubiak, Michael Kamyszek Polish names would be Ignacy Kubiak, Michal Kamyszek
Column 12: Notations: Blank

Note: The bride needed the consent of her guardianship by law because of her age (17)
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:57 am      Post subject:

dnowicki wrote:
Gilberto,

Trzciniec 1857 On the 1st day of October at 12:00 noon Antoni Cieslinski, a worker, age 62 was buried who died on the 29th day of September at the hour of 8:00 a.m. He left behind his wife Katarzyna Cieslinska and the adult children Maryanna Michala..., Franciszka Konapliska (?) in Posada Rynisk (?) and Rozalia in Trzciniec. The witnesses were Piotr (not sure of last name) age 50 and Wawrzyniec Magroski, a worker age 50 from Trzciniec.

Hope this helps.
Dave

Thanks, David.
At least I know Wawrzyniec was still alive by then, and this information certainly helps me narrow my search.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
carolt71

Replies: 63

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:03 am      Post subject: Latin

Can anyone or does anyone know of someone that can translate latin to English? Its a certificate of marrige.
Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:32 am      Post subject:

If you post the document I will be happy to translate it for you. Click on the Help in Latin Translations and post it on that page of the forum.

Dave
dshizak

Replies: 36

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:49 pm      Post subject: Help with a translation

Greetings

I am attaching 2 images from an LDS film. One is the index from the end of the year, and the other is the details for items 45-48 based on the index. I am interested in item #45, but I am having a hard time believing these 2 items go together. Can someone check them out, and translate them?

thanks/Dave

Details.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  842.07 KB
 Viewed:  25649 Time(s)

Details.JPG

Index.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  895.46 KB
 Viewed:  25649 Time(s)

Index.JPG

carolt71

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:50 pm      Post subject: Latin translation

I am disabled and have to use the word recognition system . I am speaking to my tablet. someone to help me wrote a post. thank you very much for answering an offering to help. I am hoping to get some information from this marriage certificate . this is my grandmother As it isher mtdna what matchesCopernicus. I am very shocked and proud there are many people trying to solve this mystery.

I will post it as soon as I can get some help. thanks again carol please excuse my typo graphical errors Very Happy
Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:52 pm      Post subject:

Dave,
You are quite correct. The two do not match. I presume that you are interested in the death of Stanislaw (Stanislaus) and #45 on the other page you posted is the record of the death of an infant named Maryanna. The reason for the confusion lies in the method the parish priest used in entering the names in the index. He entered them in alphabetical order using the first name of each deceased. The numbers in ascending order in columns 1 and 4 is simply his way of keeping track of the number of deaths in the year 1817. Columns 3 and 6 indicate the page where the record for each individual is to be found in the entries for that year. If Stanislaw (Stanislaus) is the individual you are interested in, the record of his death is located on page 1 for the year 1817. If you look at the very top of the second column of the record you posted you will see "Pagina 4ta" which means Page 4 (literally: "Page the Fourth"). 4ta is a form of shorthand for "quarta" or "fourth. The page you need should have something like "Pagina 1ma" which means Page 1 or literally "Page the First. Again, 1ma is shorthand for "prima" or "first". Also it appears that you only posted half of the record. The records begin on the left hand page and continue on the right hand page. If you look at the record you posted for entry 46 you will see a dark line at the left of the post followed by the number 40. The dark line indicates the place where the two pages are attached to the spine of the register and the number 40 is the age of Andreas (Andrzej/Andrew). In the heading of the column where 40 is entered appears the Latin word "Aetas" which means "Age". If you are able to copy the entire record of the death of Stanislaw/Stanislaus and post it I will be happy to translate it for you.
Dave
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:56 pm      Post subject:

Whenever you are able to post the record I'll translate it for you.
Dave
carolt71

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:20 pm      Post subject:

Are you related toany nowakowskis? There are some in my family tree . Carol
Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:29 am      Post subject:

Carol,
The maiden name of the wife of a maternal uncle was Nowakowski and she was the only Nowakowski among my relatives.
Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 272, 273, 274  Next Page 3 of 274

Jump to: