PolishOrigins Forum

 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Latin records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 241, 242, 243 ... 246, 247, 248  Next
Author
Message
Blue



Joined: 15 Jul 2022
Replies: 49

Back to top
Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:13 pm      Post subject: Robert Szar - occupation?
Reply with quote

Hi Dave.
Just hoping you can help me work out the occupation for Robert Szar on this birth and baptism record?



Robert Szaar occupation.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  44.55 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Robert Szaar occupation.png


View user's profile
Send private message
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Replies: 2592
Location: Michigan City, Indiana

Back to top
Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:33 pm      Post subject: Re: Latin Record Translation
Reply with quote

TedMack wrote:
G'day Dave

I'll start with an apology for attaching so many at once, it's just that they were in the same parish and for the same family. If you could translate these at your leisure or as time permits that would be appreciated.

They are from Rychnow Parish for the Halka family (aka. Chalka or Chalcynski). Parents are Marcin and Jadwiga for the 1770's and his son Ignacy and Katarzyna (nee Cebulska) for those in the early 1800's.

Norbert & Jakob appear to be records for twins (second pair in 3 years) these records are hard to read due to the poor quality of the scans and folded page.

For Jan I think I may have the wrong one noted as record 8 - while I was cropping this I noticed that maybe I should be doing record 6, can you have a look and only translate the record for the Halka birth.

I've only sent the cropped records - if you require the full page let me know.

There are 3 more that I'll leave until you finish with these.

Cheers
Ted


Hi Ted,

Obviously there were two couples with the names of Marcin and Jadwiga who were having children during the 1770s. One consistently was recorded as Chalka whereas the other was recorded with the Chalka surname but also without a surname.

Record 8 (1777) corresponds to your Norbert record so I translated both #6 and #8.

Good luck sorting it all out.

The translations follow.

Dave

1777 Józef Chalka

6. Rychnów
In the Same year on the 20th day of April the same who is above baptized an infant born on the 18th day from the legal marriage of the industrious Marcin Chalka and Jadwiga of this parish to whom the name Józef was given; the sponsors were Tomasz (illegible surname), a self-sufficient farmer from the village of Kurza, and Maryanna, the female head of the household of the vicar from Rychnów.

1777 Jan Nepomucyn

8. Wyganki
In the same year on the 18th(?) day of May, the same who is above baptized an infant by the name of Jan Nepomucyn (born) of the legitimate marriage of Marcin and Jadwiga, semi-self-sustaining farmers of this parish; the sponsors were Kazimierz Staszak from Rychnów and Małgorzata Muchowna from Wyganki.

1803 Tekla

27. Rychnów. In the same year I, the same as above, baptized an infant by the name of Tekla born this day, the daughter of the legitimate marriage of Ignacy Chalanski(?), a driver, and of Katarzyna. The sponsors were the well-born Teresa Raciącka, a maiden, with the well-born Walenty, centurion/commander of the army of illegible.
Note* Fabrissa = the wife of a faber, i.e. of a craftsman.


Norbert & Jakub

Norbert:
3. Wyganki
In the same year on the 3rd day of June, the same who is above baptized an infant born on the 2nd day (of June) from the legitimate Marriage of the industrious Marcin, a semi-self-sustaining farmer, and Jadwiga to whom the name was given Norbert; the sponsors were Sebastian, a self-sustaining farmer from Wyganki and Jadwiga Fabrissa* from Rychnów.

Jakub
4 (cut off). Rychnów
In the same year on the 12th day of July, the same who is above baptized an infant born on the 11th day from the legitimate marriage of the industrious Marcin Chalka and Jadwiga to whom the mane was given Jakub; the sponsors were Jakub(?) Mielcaret(?) an d Maryanna (illegible), both from Rychnów.
View user's profile
Send private message
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Replies: 2592
Location: Michigan City, Indiana

Back to top
Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:38 pm      Post subject: Re: Gottlieb Schaar and Elisabeth Zimoch - marriage 1871
Reply with quote

Blue wrote:
Hi Dave.
Can you please help me to transcribe and translate the Latin marriage record for Gottlieb and Elisabeth? I read it as follows:

Col. 1: Nu currens = Number (for the year): 21

Col. 2: Annus Mensis et Dies = The Year, Month & Day [of the Marriage]: 16 Oct 1871

Col. 3: Nomen et Cognomen Copulantis = Given and Surname of the One Joining (them in Marriage): idem qui supra = same as above; ie Joannes Korylkowski ___, curatus

Col. 4: Nomen, Cognomen et conditio = The Given and Surnames, place of residence and status of the newlyweds:

Col. 4a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: Deogratus [???] (Gottlieb) Schaar, filius Friedirici et Agathae Schaar, ____, hortulanorium = gardener, de Trzcinica, juvenis

Col. 4b: Sponsæ = Of the Bride: Elisabeth Zimoch, filia Josephi et Joannae Zimoch ___, hortulanorium, de Laski, virgi

Col. 5: Utrum liberi out vider [?] = Widow & Widower or Single: both single

Col. 6: Aetas = Age
Col. 6a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: 29
Col. 6b: Sponsæ = Of the Bride: 28

Col. 7: Religio = Religion
Col. 7a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: Cath[olic]
Col. 7b: Sponsæ = Of the Bride: Cath[olic]

Col. 8: Dies Proclamationus Bannorum = Day of the Announcement of the Banns: D___ XXII, XXIII, is XIX ____ = 22nd, 23rd, 19th

Col. 9: Utrum Dispensatio erat = Whether a Dispensation May Have Been (Granted): Nulli = no

Col. 10: Nomen, Cognomen et Condiito Testium = The Given and Surname of the Witnesses: Michael Olynik, hortulan., de Snurclzy [?]; Simon Zimoch, hortulan., de Laski

Col. 11: Consensius parentum Vel Tutorum = On the part of the parents (who were) present gave consent: ____ consensus ____ = parents gave consent [?]


Hi blue,

Here is the 1871 marriage of Gottlieb & Elizabeth.

Dave

Col. 1: Nu(merus) currens = Number in order (for the year): 21

Col. 2: Annus Mensis et Dies = The Year, Month & Day [of the Marriage]: 16 Oct 1871

Col. 3: Nomen et Cognomen Copulantis = Given and Surname of the One Joining (them in Marriage): idem qui supra = same as above; ie Joannes Korylkowski ___, curatus = i.e. Jan Korylkowski (can’t fill in the blank without seeing the first entry on the page), the curate

Col. 4: Nomen, Cognomen et conditio = The Given and Surnames, place of residence and status of the newlyweds:

Col. 4a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: Deogratus = beloved by God/Gottlieb (which means beloved by God in German) Schaar, filius Friedirici et Agathae Schaar Co.ll.*, hortulanorum = gardener, de Trzcinica, juvenis = Gottlieb Scharr, the son of the legitimate marriage of Frederick and Agatha Scharr, gardeners from Trzcinica, a bachelor (refers to the groom)

Col. 4b: Sponsæ = Of the Bride: Elisabeth Zimoch, filia Josephi et Joannae Zimoch Co.ll.*, hortulanorum, de Laski, virgo = Elizabeth Zimoch, the daughter of the legitimate marriage of Joseph and Joanna Zimoch, gardeners from Laski, a maiden

Col. 5: Utrum liberi aut vidui = Whether single of widowed : Juvenis cum virgine = a bachelor with a maiden

Col. 6: Aetas = Age
Col. 6a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: 29
Col. 6b: Sponsæ = Of the Bride: 28

Col. 7: Religio = Religion
Col. 7a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: Cath[olic]
Col. 7b: Sponsæ = Of the Bride: Cath[olic]

Col. 8: Dies** Proclamationus Bannorum = Days** of the Announcement of the Banns: D(ominici) XVII, XVIII, et XIX post Pentec(ostes) = 17th, 18th and 19th Sundays after Pentecost***

Col. 9: Utrum Dispensatio erat = Whether a Dispensation May Have Been (Granted): Nulla = None

Col. 10: Nomen, Cognomen et Condiito Testium = The Given and Surname of the Witnesses: Michael Olejnik, hortulan., de Snurclzy [?]; Simon Zimoch, hortulan(us) de Laski

Col. 11: Consensus parentum Vel Tutorum = Consent of the parents or guardians: Pro sponsa cunsensus parentum = For the bride, the consent of (her) parents

Notes: *Co.ll.: an abbreviation for Conjuges legitimi = legally married spouses/legitimate marriage/legitimate marital union.

**Dies is a 5th Declension noun. Both the Nominative Singular and the Nominative Plural have the same form, dies. Whether the form is singular of plural is determined from the context.

***The dates of the banns is given according to the liturgical calendar in force at the time (and until after the reforms of the Second Vatican Council (11 October, 1962—8 December, 1965). It took several years after the close of the Council for the liturgical reforms to be fully implemented. To determine the dates according to the Gregorian Calendar one would need to find the date of Pentecost in 1871 (May 28, 1871) and then count the number of Sundays after that date using the Gregorian Calendar.
View user's profile
Send private message
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Replies: 2592
Location: Michigan City, Indiana

Back to top
Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:40 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

td85 wrote:
Hello, I hope everyone here's doing well! I could use a little help reading this death document for one of my great-grandmothers. I think the cause of death is something to do with freezing? Thank you!


Hi,

Please post the name of the parish from which the record came. It is important to get a handle on the geography in order to correctly read the entry.

Thanks.

Dave
View user's profile
Send private message
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Replies: 2592
Location: Michigan City, Indiana

Back to top
Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:43 pm      Post subject: Re: Robert Szar - occupation?
Reply with quote

Blue wrote:
Hi Dave.
Just hoping you can help me work out the occupation for Robert Szar on this birth and baptism record?


Hi blue,

It looks like inquilinus, which means a tenant, lodger, border, inhabitant.

It is difficult to be certain of the letters without seeing more words from the page. To resolve doubts regarding handwritten letters the preferred method is to compare letters with those of known words in the text. It is sort of like how the Rosetta Stone was used to make it possible to read ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs. The Rosetta Stone was the key because the text on the stone was written in three scripts: Egyptian hieroglyphs, Demotic script and ancient Greek script. The first two were unknown but the ancient Greek script was known to linguists. By comparing the known Greek to the two unknown Egyptian writings those two languages were able to be understood and thus other texts in those two languages were able to be understood and translated.

Dave
View user's profile
Send private message
td85



Joined: 27 Oct 2020
Replies: 18
Location: Michigan, USA

Back to top
Post Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:08 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

dnowicki wrote:
td85 wrote:
Hello, I hope everyone here's doing well! I could use a little help reading this death document for one of my great-grandmothers. I think the cause of death is something to do with freezing? Thank you!


Hi,

Please post the name of the parish from which the record came. It is important to get a handle on the geography in order to correctly read the entry.

Thanks.

Dave


Hi Dave, I'm sorry about that. The record comes from the Boyko village of Daszowka. I've attached the full record.

Just in case it's not clear enough, I've also uploaded it to imgur: https://i.imgur.com/iNHOTs8.jpg



60_499_0__1_45486297_144.jpg
 Description:
Domus 15
 Filesize:  1.59 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

60_499_0__1_45486297_144.jpg


View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
MPolanski



Joined: 26 Nov 2021
Replies: 9

Back to top
Post Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:48 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

Hope your garden is overflowing with bounty.

Could you lend your keen eye to birth record #6. What I can’t make out is the last column which seems to say something additional about America. Marcianna went back to Poland for 4 years from 1908 - 1912 and had at least one child, this Jozef. I don’t know if Jan went back. He disappears from the 1910 US census, but her passage record back says returning to husband.

Josephuś (Jozef) Polański born February 20, died February 29, father Joanneś (Jan) Polański lives in America, Mother Marcianna Hotloś daughter of Math ? (from birth record Mathais) and Margari? (Margaritha, Malgorzta) nata Baron born 1880 (1882 from birth record) married in America 1900.

As always thanks so much,

Malu



Jozef Polanski Baptism No. 6 & Death, Kruzlowa Nizna, of , Micr. 004665976 Image 46 of Item 3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.11 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Jozef Polanski Baptism No. 6 & Death, Kruzlowa Nizna, of , Micr. 004665976 Image 46 of Item 3.jpg


View user's profile
Send private message
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Replies: 2592
Location: Michigan City, Indiana

Back to top
Post Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:22 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

td85 wrote:
dnowicki wrote:
td85 wrote:
Hello, I hope everyone here's doing well! I could use a little help reading this death document for one of my great-grandmothers. I think the cause of death is something to do with freezing? Thank you!


Hi,

Please post the name of the parish from which the record came. It is important to get a handle on the geography in order to correctly read the entry.

Thanks.

Dave


Hi Dave, I'm sorry about that. The record comes from the Boyko village of Daszowka. I've attached the full record.

Just in case it's not clear enough, I've also uploaded it to imgur: https://i.imgur.com/iNHOTs8.jpg


Hi,

Thanks for the name of the parish. It allowed me find the correct area on maps. Unfortunately, it didn’t help with the name I wanted to locate.

Here are a few comments about the entire page in general and about the death record of your great grandmother in particular. Most of the deaths were those of children and the most frequent cause of death was “unknown”. Of all the entries on the page only two had medical certification of death. (Your great grandmother’s death occurred without the presence of a physician and thus no medical certificate number was listed. The entries in the cause of death column are cryptic The entry for Anastazja reads in Latin: “frigida nunc in Ziekow monte.” When her husband was alive they were farmers in Daszówka but that is not where she died. The adjective frigida refers to/modifies Anastazja and it does mea cold (but not freezing). However, it also means lifeless. The name on which I wanted (without success) to understand in term of geography is Ziekow/Zieków. The final word, monte, is the Ablative Singular of the noun mons, montis, which means mountain.
I would translate the entry as “cold/lifeless now in Ziekow/Zieków mountain/góra.” I understand the cryptic entry as recording her place of death rather than as the cause of her death. A more free translation would be something like "Now deceased in Ziekow/Zieków mountain/góra.

If you have questions about any of the other columns don’t hesitate to ask.

I’m sure that the explanation is not very satisfying but it is an accurate translation of the Latin.

Dave


Last edited by dnowicki on Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile
Send private message
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Replies: 2592
Location: Michigan City, Indiana

Back to top
Post Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:26 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

MPolanski wrote:
Hi Dave,

Hope your garden is overflowing with bounty.

Could you lend your keen eye to birth record #6. What I can’t make out is the last column which seems to say something additional about America. Marcianna went back to Poland for 4 years from 1908 - 1912 and had at least one child, this Jozef. I don’t know if Jan went back. He disappears from the 1910 US census, but her passage record back says returning to husband.

Josephuś (Jozef) Polański born February 20, died February 29, father Joanneś (Jan) Polański lives in America, Mother Marcianna Hotloś daughter of Math ? (from birth record Mathais) and Margari? (Margaritha, Malgorzta) nata Baron born 1880 (1882 from birth record) married in America 1900.

As always thanks so much,

Malu


Hi Malu,

The harvest thus far this year has been good but not great.

The entry in the column about which you asked is in Polish rather than in Latin. I cannot determine the letters of the first two words but the rest are metrykę ślubu z Ameriki (a marriage certificate from America). Evidently when she left America she took along their marriage certificate so that there would be no hassles when the baby was born.

The name of her father is Maciej in Polish. The name appears as Mathiae, the Genitive Singular, in the entry. Maciej is Mathias both in Latin and in Polish. Her mother’s name is entered as Margarithae, again a Genitive Singular. The Polish form is Małgorzata and the English is Margaret. Your translation of other data is correct. You might consider adding the following information: The date of birth was 20 February and the date of baptism was 22 February. Marcjanna was living in house #83 whene she gave birth.

I hope that you are enjoying your summer.

Dave
View user's profile
Send private message
Sophia
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 05 Oct 2014
Replies: 844

Back to top
Post Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:51 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

dnowicki wrote:


The entry in the column about which you asked is in Polish rather than in Latin. I cannot determine the letters of the first two words but the rest are metrykę ślubu z Ameriki (a marriage certificate from America).


Hi Dave,
To my eye, the second of the two words preceding "metrykę ślubu z Ameriki" is "dostarcza". So, she or he is delivering. The word before that could be "nie" but I cannot claim to see a dot over the i so perhaps it is some other word. Not sure what else would fit.
What do you think?
Sophia
View user's profile
Send private message
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Replies: 2592
Location: Michigan City, Indiana

Back to top
Post Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:31 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

Sophia wrote:
dnowicki wrote:


The entry in the column about which you asked is in Polish rather than in Latin. I cannot determine the letters of the first two words but the rest are metrykę ślubu z Ameriki (a marriage certificate from America).


Hi Dave,
To my eye, the second of the two words preceding "metrykę ślubu z Ameriki" is "dostarcza". So, she or he is delivering. The word before that could be "nie" but I cannot claim to see a dot over the i so perhaps it is some other word. Not sure what else would fit.
What do you think?
Sophia


Hi Sophia,

Thanks for the input.
+
I can see the dostarczaa but still have a difficult time with the first word. Translating from dostarcza to the end would read “furnishes a marriage certificate from America” butt nie obviously turns the statement into a negative. Not sure how that would square with the final statement in the mother’s column: c(opulata) in America 900 which translates as “married in America i9n 1900.” To my mind if she knew that she would give birth in Europe it would have made sense to take along a marriage certificate. In theory, beginning in the 3rd quarter of the 19th Century RC priests were supposed to send notification of marriage to the parish where the individual had been baptized and the pastor of the parish of baptism was supposed to enter that info into the baptismal register. For the most part that happened when the baptism and the marriage took place in the same country but often did not happen when a person immigrated to the USA from Poland. For example my parents married in Chi-town in 1940. My mom was born and baptized on this side of the pond and the pastor of our parish noted the marriage in my mother’s baptismal entry. My dad was born and baptized in Russian Poland but came to the USA at age 5 and no notification of the marriage was sent to Europe. In the early to mid 20th Century mail between America and Europe took a long time and so many priests didn’t bother to send notifications. I always find it a bit odd when one encounters a notation in a baptismal register in Europe which states that the person married “in America”. The notification should have been much more detailed, giving the date, the name of the spouse, the city and state and the name of the parish where the marriage took place.

Bottom line is that I don’t know about the nie.

Dave
View user's profile
Send private message
td85



Joined: 27 Oct 2020
Replies: 18
Location: Michigan, USA

Back to top
Post Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:37 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

dnowicki wrote:
td85 wrote:
dnowicki wrote:
td85 wrote:
Hello, I hope everyone here's doing well! I could use a little help reading this death document for one of my great-grandmothers. I think the cause of death is something to do with freezing? Thank you!


Hi,

Please post the name of the parish from which the record came. It is important to get a handle on the geography in order to correctly read the entry.

Thanks.

Dave


Hi Dave, I'm sorry about that. The record comes from the Boyko village of Daszowka. I've attached the full record.

Just in case it's not clear enough, I've also uploaded it to imgur: https://i.imgur.com/iNHOTs8.jpg


Hi,

Thanks for the name of the parish. It allowed me find the correct area on maps. Unfortunately, it didn’t help with the name I wanted to locate.

Here are a few comments about the entire page in general and about the death record of your great grandmother in particular. Most of the deaths were those of children and the most frequent cause of death was “unknown”. Of all the entries on the page only two had medical certification of death. (Your great grandmother’s death occurred without the presence of a physician and thus no medical certificate number was listed. The entries in the cause of death column are cryptic The entry for Anastazja reads in Latin: “frigida nunc in Ziekow monte.” When her husband was alive they were farmers in Daszówka but that is not where she died. The adjective frigida refers to/modifies Anastazja and it does mea cold (but not freezing). However, it also means lifeless. The name on which I wanted (without success) to understand in term of geography is Ziekow/Zieków. The final word, monte, is the Ablative Singular of the noun mons, montis, which means mountain.
I would translate the entry as “cold/lifeless now in Ziekow/Zieków mountain/góra.” I understand the cryptic entry as recording her place of death rather than as the cause of her death. A more free translation would be something like "Now deceased in Ziekow/Zieków mountain/góra.

If you have questions about any of the other columns don’t hesitate to ask.

I’m sure that the explanation is not very satisfying but it is an accurate translation of the Latin.

Dave


Thank you so much, this is definitely very interesting. So I should take it, then, that my great-grandfather was deceased by this time in 1891 as well?

The only location I've found so far that comes remotely close to Ziekow/Zieków is Siechów, which is now Sikhiv in Ukraine.
View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Replies: 2592
Location: Michigan City, Indiana

Back to top
Post Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:37 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

/quote]

Thank you so much, this is definitely very interesting. So I should take it, then, that my great-grandfather was deceased by this time in 1891 as well?
[/quote]

Absolutely. The column Nomen Mortui (Name of the Deceased) describes her "vidua post defunctum Michaelem,,,"(a widow after the late Michael/Michał...

Unfortunately, there is no clue about when he died.

Dave
View user's profile
Send private message
TedMack



Joined: 12 Jun 2020
Replies: 404
Location: Sydney, Australia

Back to top
Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:20 am      Post subject: Re: Latin Record Translation
Reply with quote

dnowicki wrote:
TedMack wrote:
G'day Dave

I'll start with an apology for attaching so many at once, it's just that they were in the same parish and for the same family. If you could translate these at your leisure or as time permits that would be appreciated.

They are from Rychnow Parish for the Halka family (aka. Chalka or Chalcynski). Parents are Marcin and Jadwiga for the 1770's and his son Ignacy and Katarzyna (nee Cebulska) for those in the early 1800's.

Norbert & Jakob appear to be records for twins (second pair in 3 years) these records are hard to read due to the poor quality of the scans and folded page.

For Jan I think I may have the wrong one noted as record 8 - while I was cropping this I noticed that maybe I should be doing record 6, can you have a look and only translate the record for the Halka birth.

I've only sent the cropped records - if you require the full page let me know.

There are 3 more that I'll leave until you finish with these.

Cheers
Ted


Hi Ted,

Obviously there were two couples with the names of Marcin and Jadwiga who were having children during the 1770s. One consistently was recorded as Chalka whereas the other was recorded with the Chalka surname but also without a surname.

Record 8 (1777) corresponds to your Norbert record so I translated both #6 and #8.

Good luck sorting it all out.

The translations follow.

Dave

1777 Józef Chalka

6. Rychnów
In the Same year on the 20th day of April the same who is above baptized an infant born on the 18th day from the legal marriage of the industrious Marcin Chalka and Jadwiga of this parish to whom the name Józef was given; the sponsors were Tomasz (illegible surname), a self-sufficient farmer from the village of Kurza, and Maryanna, the female head of the household of the vicar from Rychnów.

1777 Jan Nepomucyn

8. Wyganki
In the same year on the 18th(?) day of May, the same who is above baptized an infant by the name of Jan Nepomucyn (born) of the legitimate marriage of Marcin and Jadwiga, semi-self-sustaining farmers of this parish; the sponsors were Kazimierz Staszak from Rychnów and Małgorzata Muchowna from Wyganki.

1803 Tekla

27. Rychnów. In the same year I, the same as above, baptized an infant by the name of Tekla born this day, the daughter of the legitimate marriage of Ignacy Chalanski(?), a driver, and of Katarzyna. The sponsors were the well-born Teresa Raciącka, a maiden, with the well-born Walenty, centurion/commander of the army of illegible.
Note* Fabrissa = the wife of a faber, i.e. of a craftsman.


Norbert & Jakub

Norbert:
3. Wyganki
In the same year on the 3rd day of June, the same who is above baptized an infant born on the 2nd day (of June) from the legitimate Marriage of the industrious Marcin, a semi-self-sustaining farmer, and Jadwiga to whom the name was given Norbert; the sponsors were Sebastian, a self-sustaining farmer from Wyganki and Jadwiga Fabrissa* from Rychnów.

Jakub
4 (cut off). Rychnów
In the same year on the 12th day of July, the same who is above baptized an infant born on the 11th day from the legitimate marriage of the industrious Marcin Chalka and Jadwiga to whom the mane was given Jakub; the sponsors were Jakub(?) Mielcaret(?) an d Maryanna (illegible), both from Rychnów.


Thanks Dave - excellent work.

I can confirm the illegible surname in Jozef's baptism is Okon (I see this a lot in this parish and there must have been a very large family in Kurza).

It appears that the Halka's were from Rychnow and not Wyganki - so that also helps.

Attached are the other 3 records for translation for Ignacy's children ( I'm searching for his marriage record and I've narrowed it down to before Tekla was born).

Cheers
Ted



Birth Franciszek Halka 1811 - record 1 (crop).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  144.65 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Birth Franciszek Halka 1811 - record 1 (crop).jpg



Birth Wiktor Halka 1808 - record 17 (crop).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  149.67 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Birth Wiktor Halka 1808 - record 17 (crop).jpg



Birth Karol Halka 1807 - record 25 (crop).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  112.62 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Birth Karol Halka 1807 - record 25 (crop).jpg


View user's profile
Send private message
Blue



Joined: 15 Jul 2022
Replies: 49

Back to top
Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:26 pm      Post subject: Joseph Chalupa and Marianna Grzonka
Reply with quote

Hi Dave.
Can you please help me fill in the gaps and fix up my interpretation of this marriage record?

Col. 1: No. = Number (for the year): 20

Col. 2: Annus Mensis et Dies = The Year, Month & Day [of the Marriage]: 10 November 1861

Col. 3: Nomen et Cognomen Copulantis = Given and Surname of the One Joining (them in Marriage): Joannes ______ ______

Col. 4a: Nomen, Cognomen et conditio sponsi = The Given and Surnames, and status of the groom: Josephus Chałupka filius Francisci et Cunegundis Chalupkow, Co.ll., inquilinorus de Laski, juvenile = Joseph Chalupka, son of Franciscus Chalupka and his legally married wife Cunegundis, [both]? lodgers from Laski, [Joseph is a] bachelor

Col. 4b: Nomen, Cognomen et conditio sponsae = The Given and Surnames, and status of the bride: Marianna Grzonka, filia Adalberti et Rosaliae Grzonkow, Co.ll., inquilius, de Trzcinica, virgi = Marianna Grzonka, daughter of Adalbert Gronzka and his legally married wife Rosaliae, [both]? lodgers from Trzcinica, [Marianna is a] maiden

Col. 5: ___ liberi ____ vidui = Widow & Widower or Single: juvi cum virgi = bachelor and maiden

Col. 6: Aetas = Age
Col. 6a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: 23
Col. 6b: Sponsæ = Of the Bride: 28

Col. 7: Religio = Religion
Col. 7a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: Catholi[c]
Col. 7b: Sponsæ = Of the Bride: Cathol[ic]

Col. 8: Dies Proclamationus Bannorum = Days of the Announcement of the Banns: D(ominici) 22, 23 et 24 ___ Pentec(ostes) = 22nd, 23rd, and 24th Sundays after Pentecost

Col. 9: Utrum Dispensatio erat? = Whether a Dispensation May Have Been Granted: [blank]

Col. 10: Nomen, Cognomen et Conditio Testium = The Given and Surname, and status of the Witnesses: Mathaeus Oles, juvenis de Laski = Mathias Oles, bachelor from Laski; Franciscus ____, inquil. de Laski = Francis ___, lodger from Laski.

Col. 11: Consentus Parentum Vel Tutorum = Consent of parents: ____ Kempen 31 Oct _____ 34?



Joseph Chalupka and Maria Grzonka - marriage.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  378.19 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Joseph Chalupka and Maria Grzonka - marriage.png


View user's profile
Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 241, 242, 243 ... 246, 247, 248  Next Page 242 of 248

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB ©

© 2009-2022 COPYRIGHTS BY THE OWNER OF POLISHORIGINS.COM