PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Latin records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 245, 246, 247 ... 272, 273, 274  Next
Author

Replies: 479

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:38 am      Post subject: Latin Record Translation

G'day Dave

I have the attached marriage record - the top one - for translation please.

Cheers
Ted

Marriage Augustys Bilinski 1849 - Record 1 - Wielowieś Parish 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  972.43 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Marriage Augustys Bilinski 1849 - Record 1 - Wielowieś Parish 2.jpg

TedMack

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:24 am      Post subject: Latin Record Translation

G'day Dave

A mixed bag of records today.

A marriage from Strzelce Wielkie parish (record 2Cool - hopefully it gives a clue as to whether Augustyn was alive at this time.
A marriage from Pamiecin parish (record 6) - I've been looking for this record for some time.
And a B&B record from Wrząca Wielka parish - unsure if this is a record I am seeking, hopefully the translation will confirm.

As usual, as time permits.

Cheers
Ted

Marriage Anton Bilinski 1886 - record 28(2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1009.92 KB

Marriage Anton Bilinski 1886 - record 28(2).jpg

Marriage Ignacy Halka & Katarzyna Cebulka 1802 - record 6 (crop).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  498.41 KB

Marriage Ignacy Halka & Katarzyna Cebulka 1802 - record 6 (crop).jpg

Birth 1784 - record 56 (crop).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  211.72 KB

Birth 1784 - record 56 (crop).jpg

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:12 am      Post subject: Re: Latin Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
G'day Dave

I was able to locate a couple of more birth records in Rychnow parish and a possible Death record. The death record is only a possibility due to the lack of info contained within, it is possible as it is just before Kacper remarries but the age is out. As I've found with most death records there is some creative license given to the ages of the deceased - on this page there are a couple of centenarians. Most probably Marianna died not long after the birth of Helena but the available death records are only from 1797 so not much chance of confirming.

Anyway, I've also included the Header row for the death records as I'm interested in the last column - does that indicate possibly widow (if so I can discount the record)?

If you can translate when time permits please.

Cheers
Ted

Hi Ted,

There are no gems—hidden or obvious—in these records. In fact, they are very cryptic and there is a dearth of information of value in them.

The translations follow.

Dave

Bapt. Helena

3. Rychnów

I, the same who is above, in the same year on the 4th day of March baptized an infant by the name of Helena, a daughter of the legal marital union of the industrious Kacper and Maryanna. The sponsors were the industrious Andrzej and Katarzyna the wife of (illegible) and all from the same village.

Bapt. Katarzyna

21. Rychnów

In the same year on the 8th(?) day of November the same who is above baptized a daughter by the name of Katarzyna of the legal marital union of Kacper and Maryanna. The sponsors were Wojciech and Lucja, both from Rychnów.

1803 Death

C. 1 Day: 24
C. 2 Month: January 2
C. 3 Rychnów. In the same year Maryanna, 60 years of age, with/by the greatest (illegible & illegible) departed (this) life and was buried towards the west in the Cemetery.
C. 4 Age: 60
C. 5 & 6: Civil Status
C. 5 Male: Blank
C. 6 Female: 1
a4u2fear

Replies: 230

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:06 pm      Post subject:

hi dave

attached is the baptism of Francis John Berizzi in 1808 in Rulzheim Germany.

My question is, the godparents, is John Francis Niedereather and Maria Theresia Berizzi married and living in Bellheim? Is that what it says?

Thanks!

francis john berizzi 1808 8109956 img 339.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.59 MB

francis john berizzi 1808 8109956 img 339.jpg

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am      Post subject: Re: Latin Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
G'day Dave

Cheers
Ted

Hi Ted,

The marriage record of Antoni Bilinski & Katarzyna Frąckowiak contains the same info that Augustyn was alive in 1886 as is found in the civil registration which Michael translated for you. The only additional info is that the fathers of the bride and the groom were the two witnesses (together with the third witness, the parish priest) to the consent expressed by the bride and the groom so Augustyn was most definitely alive and present at the ecclesiastical marriage ceremony. (The Council of Trent had stipulated that for validity the consent had to be expressed by the bride & the groom in the presence of a priest and two other witnesses.) The mother of the groom, Magdalena Szafrańska, as you know, was deceased.

The translations follow.

Dave

Bielinski-Adamiąka marriage.

Col. 1: Numerus = Number (for the year): 1

Col. 2: Annus et Mensis Dies Copulationis = Year and Month (&) Day of the Marriage: 11 February 1849

Col. 3: Nomen Scerdotis Copulantis = Name of the Priest Marrying (the Couple): Maciej (illegible surname)

Col. 4: Nomen et Cognomen Copulatorum, locus habitationis, conditio et professio et utrum copulatio in ecclesia vel in aedibus privatis subsecuta = The first and surnames of those marrying, (their) place of residence, condition/status/occupation and profession and whether the marriage followed in a church or in private building: Augustyn Bielinski. A shepherd from Wielowies, and Magdalena Adamiąka villagers married in the church of (illegible)

Col. 5: Utrum in matrimonio jam vixere nec non utrum sub tutela parentum vel tutorum adhoc existant = Whether they (i.e. the contracting parties) have already lived in marriage (i.e. whether one or both had been married previously) or if not whether to this point they lived under the charge of their parents or guardians: a bachelor and a maiden

Col. 6: Aetas = Age
Col. 6a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: 27
Col. 6b: Sponsae = Of the Bride: 19

Col. 7: Religio = Religion
Col. 7a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: Catholic
Col. 7b: Sponsae = Of the Bride: Catholic

Col. 8: Consensus Parentum vel Tutorum = The Consent of the Parents or the Guardians: Of the parents.

Col. 9: Proclamatio Banorum = Announcement of the Banns: 1st Sunday after Epiphany, 2nd Sunday after Epiphany, 3rd Sunday after Epiphany

Col. 10: Dispensatio a proclamatione = Dispensation from announcement/announcements (of the banns): None

Col. 11: Nomen et Cognomen Status et Conditio Testium: First and Surname, Status and Condition of the Witnesses: Kazimierz (illegible surname), Stanisław (illegible surname), Wojciech Staniek(?)

Col. 12: Adnotationes = Notations: Blank

1802 Pamięcin Marriage:

In the same year on the 31st day of October I, Mikołaj Rożniakowski, the curate of Pamięcin blessed and confirmed the marriage contracted between the upright Ignacy Helak(sp.?), a bachelor, 30 years of age, the son of the late Marcin and Jadwiga Helak(?), residents from Rychnowo, and Katarzyna, a maid servant from the manor of Bogucice, 20 years of age, the daughter of Antoni and Brygida Cybulski, residents of Rybonowo...legalities regarding banns published in both parishes, no impediments, etc….in the presence of the witnesses Wojciech Chabierski from Bogucice, Maciej Łą??kiewicz, Augustyn Witkowski, residents of Rychnowo.
Left Nargin: Bogucice
C. 1: 6th wedding for the year
C. 2: Blank
C. 3: Bachelor with a maiden: Checked
C. 4-10: Blank
C. 11 Age of the Newlyweds: Groom 30; Bride: 20

1784 Baptism

Kiełczewo Smużne On the12th day of December the same whois above baptized an infant by the name of Lucja, the daughter of the legal marriage of the industrious Kazimierz and Ewa Karzmierzczak. The sponsors were Kazimierz Swider from ?? and Barbara ????? from Kiełczewo Smużne .

1886 Marriage of Antoni Bilinski & Wiktoria Frąckowiak

Col. 1: Numerus = Number (for the year): 27
Col. 2: Dies et Mensis Copulationis = The Day and Month of the Marriage: 17 October
Col. 3: Nomen Sacerdotis Benedicentis Matrimonium = The Name of the Priest blessing the Marriage: Wiśniewski
Col. 4: Nomen et Cognomen Copulatorum, demominato domicilii, status artis vel conditionis vitae, et utrum in ecclesia an in privato copulati sint = The First Name and Surname of those marrying, (their) place of residence, status of art or condition of life, and whether they were married in a church or in private: Antoni Bilinski, a bachelor from Dąbrówka and Katarzyna Frąckowiak, a maiden from Dąbrówka, both from the parish of Strzelice
Col. 5: Num copulati vel una pars eorum antea vinculo matrimonii obstricti aut obstricta fuit, num sub potestate parentum (corrected from parentem) vel tutorum existent. = Whether one of them already had been bound by the state of matrimony or if not, whether they remained to this time under the tutelage of (their) parents or guardians: Bachelor with a Maiden
Col. 6: Aetas = Age
Col. 6a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: 26
Col. 6b: Sponsae = Of the Bride: 19
Col. 7: Religio = Religion
Col. 7a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: Catholic
Col. 7b: Sponsae = Of the Bride: Catholic
Col. 8: Nomen et Cognomen Parentum = Given & Surname of the Parents
Col. 8a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: Augustyn Bilinski & the late Magdalena Szafrańska
Col. 8b: Sponsae = Of the Bride: Józef Frąckowiak & Elżbieta Pachurka
Col. 9: Num cum Consensu Parentum vel Tutorum vel Judicii Tutelaris Matrimonium Contractum Sit. = Whether the marriage was contracted with the Consent of the Parents or of the Guardians or of the Court of Guardianship:
Col. 10: Dies Promulgationum = dates of the Proclamation (of the Banns): 14, 15, 16 Sundays after Pentecost
Col. 11: Num cum Dispensatione Aliqua Matrimonium Contraxerunt et de Quo Dato = Whether they contracted marriage with any dispensation and from what it was granted: Without a dispensation
Col. 12: Nomen, Cognomen, ars et conditio vitae adstantium testium = The First Names and Surnames, profession and state of life of the present witnesses: Augustyn Bilinski & Józef Frąckowiak
Col. 13: Adnotatio = Notation:
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:55 am      Post subject:

a4u2fear wrote:
hi dave

attached is the baptism of Francis John Berizzi in 1808 in Rulzheim Germany.

My question is, the godparents, is John Francis Niedereather and Maria Theresia Berizzi married and living in Bellheim? Is that what it says?

Thanks!

Hi Andrew,

You are correct. The sponsors were a married couple and were residing in Bellheim. The text reads “Conjuges cives in Bellheim” (“Spouses, residents in Bellheim.”) The body of the text lists Maria Theresa under her maiden name but in her signature she uses her married name, which is a double confirmation of her status as the wife of John Francis.

I hope that this explanation resolves any doubts.

Dave
Trish
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 295

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:35 pm      Post subject: Help Reading Baptismal Record

Hi Dave,

Is this notation under the parents' names marriage information for the child? It looks like June 8, 1846 to Lu?? Dabrowska.

Your help will greatly be appreciated.
Trish

Marian Marszal Birth 1905.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  50.25 KB

Marian Marszal Birth 1905.jpg

TedMack

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:34 am      Post subject: Re: Latin Record Translation

dnowicki wrote:
TedMack wrote:
G'day Dave

Cheers
Ted

Hi Ted,

The marriage record of Antoni Bilinski & Katarzyna Frąckowiak contains the same info that Augustyn was alive in 1886 as is found in the civil registration which Michael translated for you. The only additional info is that the fathers of the bride and the groom were the two witnesses (together with the third witness, the parish priest) to the consent expressed by the bride and the groom so Augustyn was most definitely alive and present at the ecclesiastical marriage ceremony. (The Council of Trent had stipulated that for validity the consent had to be expressed by the bride & the groom in the presence of a priest and two other witnesses.) The mother of the groom, Magdalena Szafrańska, as you know, was deceased.

The translations follow.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Some valuable info in the translations. Yes, the death of Augustyn has been narrowed down to sometime after October 1886 and before February 1892 (marriage of daughter Jozefa). Augustyn's marriage record confirms that he was married 3 times - this being the first.

The Pamięcin Marriage solves an issue I had in the Rychnow parish looking for the marriage as the surnames are Halka and Cebulska. I have been looking for this record for a long time and even had a notation in my workbook that the marriage was not in Pamięcin - how wrong I was, luckily I do occasionally revisit past searches in case I miss records.

The 1784 Baptism confirms that there was another couple with the same Christian names as the Klimczak's - I also came across in various B&B records earlier this week as I saw Ewa Karzmierzczak as godmother in a number of records. So I now know to disregard these.

Thanks again for the transalations.

Cheers
Ted
TedMack

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:54 am      Post subject: Latin Record Translation

G'day Dave

I was looking for a record in Wrząca Wielka parish without any luck, but did come across these 2 unexpected records.

Can you please translate when time permits.

Cheers
Ted

B & B Marianna Krawczyk 1792 - record 41(crop).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  238.21 KB

B & B Marianna Krawczyk 1792 - record 41(crop).jpg

B & B Wojciech Antczak 1792 - record 22 (crop).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  250.32 KB

B & B Wojciech Antczak 1792 - record 22 (crop).jpg

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:03 am      Post subject: Re: Help Reading Baptismal Record

Trish wrote:
Hi Dave,

Is this notation under the parents' names marriage information for the child? It looks like June 8, 1846 to Lu?? Dabrowska.

Trish

Hi Trish,

The notation is in Latin with the given and surname of the bride in their Polish form with Polish case endings which correspond to the cases in Latin. I’m a bit confused by your statement that the wedding took place in 1846 with the baptismal record being labeled 1905. I would suggest that the year is 1946 rather than 1846. The practice on entering marriage data into baptismal registers did not come into vogue until the third quarter of the 19th Century. Due to societal changes the marriage banns were no longer as effective a guardrail to detect the impediment of a previous marriage and thus the practice of entering marriage data into the baptismal register came to be used. If a person wanted to marry in the Catholic Church they were required to provide a recent baptismal certificate (issued within 6 months) and the marriage notation was supposed to appear on the certificate. I’m not certain of the meaning of the letters r., p., and h. but here follows my best guess.
Text of Notation: “Matrim(onium) iniit cum Lucją Dąbrowską die 8.6.46 r(oku) in p(arochia) ? M???. (He entered into marriage with Lucja Dąbrowska on the 8th day of June in the year (19)46 in the parish of M???).

I hope that the above helps you.

Dave
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:10 am      Post subject: Re: Help Reading Baptismal Record

dnowicki wrote:
Trish wrote:
Hi Dave,

Trish

Hi Trish,

The notation is in Latin with the given and surname of the bride in their Polish form with Polish case endings which correspond to the cases in Latin. I’m a bit confused by your statement that the wedding took place in 1846 with the baptismal record being labeled 1905. I would suggest that the year is 1946 rather than 1846. The practice on entering marriage data into baptismal registers did not come into vogue until the third quarter of the 19th Century. Due to societal changes the marriage banns were no longer as effective a guardrail to detect the impediment of a previous marriage and thus the practice of entering marriage data into the baptismal register came to be used. If a person wanted to marry in the Catholic Church they were required to provide a recent baptismal certificate (issued within 6 months) and the marriage notation was supposed to appear on the certificate. I’m not certain of the meaning of the letters r., p., and h. but here follows my best guess.
Text of Notation: “Matrim(onium) iniit cum Lucją Dąbrowską die 8.6.46 r(oku) in p(arochia) ? M???. (He entered into marriage with Lucja Dąbrowska on the 8th day of June in the year (19)46 in the parish of M???).

Dave

Hi Dave and Trish,
Here is what another set of eyes sees: perhaps it is not an "h" but rather a "sw" making the place of marriage Sw. M???.
All best wishes to you both for a good weekend!
Sophia

P.S. I would like to think it could be Św. Magdalena, but I do not exactly see that. Dave, would the ending change, to Św. Magdaleny in this situation?
Trish
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 295

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:39 pm      Post subject: Re: Help Reading Baptismal Record

Sophia wrote:
dnowicki wrote:
Trish wrote:
Hi Dave,

Trish

Hi Trish,

Dave

Hi Dave and Trish,
Here is what another set of eyes sees: perhaps it is not an "h" but rather a "sw" making the place of marriage Sw. M???.
All best wishes to you both for a good weekend!
Sophia

P.S. I would like to think it could be Św. Magdalena, but I do not exactly see that. Dave, would the ending change, to Św. Magdaleny in this situation?

Hi Dave and Sophia,
An error on my part for typing too fast and not proof reading. The year was 1946, not 1846. The information was listed on a Baptismal record from 1905. I couldn't make out the bride's name, which Dave provided. And yes Sophia, the record was from Sw. Magdalena Parish of Poznan.

Thank you all for your help! Hope you are enjoying the sunshine!
Trish
TedMack

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:27 am      Post subject: Latin Record Translation

G'day Dave

Found another couple of other unexpected records in Wrząca Wielka parish this week. I have no idea what the name of the Antczak child may be?

I presume you are probably in the middle of harvest time, so when time permits can you please translate.

Cheers
Ted

Birth Antczak 1798 - record 202 (crop).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  194.62 KB

Birth Antczak 1798 - record 202 (crop).jpg

Birth Kunegunda Krawczyk 1798 - record 213 (crop).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  300.65 KB

Birth Kunegunda Krawczyk 1798 - record 213 (crop).jpg

TedMack

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:34 am      Post subject: Latin Record Translation

G'day Dave

Found these in Rychnow parish - can you please translate when time permits.

Cheers
Ted

Death Antoni Cybulski 1804 - record 16 (crop).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  170.9 KB

Death Antoni Cybulski 1804 - record 16 (crop).jpg

Death Brygida Cybulska 1802 - record 5 (crop).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  69.55 KB

Death Brygida Cybulska 1802 - record 5 (crop).jpg

Death Karol Halka 1807 - record 12 (crop).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  66.39 KB

Death Karol Halka 1807 - record 12 (crop).jpg

Death Marcin Halka 1797 - record 3 (crop).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  65.17 KB

Death Marcin Halka 1797 - record 3 (crop).jpg

Blue

Replies: 68

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:35 am      Post subject: Re: Krystian Kowalski and Maryanna Kempa - Marriage 1845

dnowicki wrote:
Col. 5: Nomen, Cognomen, et conditio sponse et utrum in facie Ecclesiae = The Given and Surnames, and status of the bride and whether married in the presence of the Congregation:
Maria, viduata Baberoska, filia Mathiæ Kempa quondam Custodis Sylvæ (the usual spelling is Silvæ) Trzcinnicensis, et Maria Kałusianka** = Maria, the widowed Baberoska, daughter of Maciej Kempa, formerly the Custodian of the Forest of Trzcinica, and Maria Kałusianka**

Hi Dave

Thanks again for all your help, knowledge and for the maps. I am amazed at how large the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was back then, especially given what is happening today in Ukraine.

Can I please ask you about Maria's father's occupation as Custodian of the Forest of Trzcinica? How would you describe this job?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 245, 246, 247 ... 272, 273, 274  Next Page 246 of 274

Jump to: