PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 5

Post Posted: 4 Days ago at 1:36 pm      Post subject: In search of a birth record in Raczkowo/Wagrowiec

I am new here, don't bite my head off!

I hired someone to find the birth record of my great great great grandfather Maciej/Mathias Nowak. He was born about 1826. I have his two marriage records and some basic info. His parents are not listed in either marriage record. This person who helped me was hard to understand and didn't often get back to me. Finally he just said he couldn't find it. I am reasonably sure it exists but can't access the files from this town in the familysearch catalog.

I was hoping to find someone in Poland who can search the Raczkowo/Wagrowiec files for me again. Thanks.

Allison
Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1654

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:24 am      Post subject: Re: In search of a birth record in Raczkowo/Wagrowiec

MaristKKG wrote:
I am new here, don't bite my head off!

I hired someone to find the birth record of my great great great grandfather Maciej/Mathias Nowak. He was born about 1826. I have his two marriage records and some basic info. His parents are not listed in either marriage record. This person who helped me was hard to understand and didn't often get back to me. Finally he just said he couldn't find it. I am reasonably sure it exists but can't access the files from this town in the familysearch catalog.

I was hoping to find someone in Poland who can search the Raczkowo/Wagrowiec files for me again. Thanks.

Allison

Please provide as much data as You can, we will try to help You.

MaristKKG

Post Posted: Yesterday at 5:53 pm      Post subject:

He was born Maciej/Matthias Nowak in 1826 somewhere in the vicinity of Lubowice. He first married Catharina Blachowiak. I have this record. His parents weren't listed. They had Marianna and Julianne. She passed away in 1859 in Lubowice, it appears from childbirth as their deceased son is listed below her in the records. He then married Marianna Kubiaka in Glebokie in November 1859. On their marriage record it appears as though it may be referencing an act, perhaps his birth, instead of listing his parents and it looks like the act is in Gniezno. I haven't been able to find it. It could also be proof that he is a widower because it does say "59" and that's the year his wife passed. His daughter Anna, my third great grandma was born in Pomarzanki in 1865. Those records are not available on FamilySearch. I also have her birth that I had paid for. That's about all.
Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
MaristKKG

Post Posted: 4 hours ago at 7:45 pm      Post subject:

I believe this will be tricky Laughing
Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: