PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:40 pm      Post subject: Andreas Kowalski - civil registration of death record

To whom it may concern,

I wish to obtain an actual transcript of the German text and related translation into English of Andreas Kowalski’s (my 2nd great grandfather) civil registration of death record (please see the attached image).

I believe the informant is Justine Turk, born Buczewski, a resident of Zelgniewo and the sister-in-law to the deceased, Andreas Kowalski.

According to the church records I reviewed recently along with other research, Andreas Kowalski was born on 5 December 1819 in Zelgniewo (Selgenau), baptised on 11 December 1819 in Smilowo (Schmilau), died on 23 July 1886 in Zelgniewo (Selgenau), and buried on 27 July 1886 in Smilowo (Schmilau) His parents were Joseph Kowalski (1780-1859) and Catharina Wielmowski (1777/1782 – 1842). Andreas was married to Eva Rosina Buczewski (1826-1908).

Any assistance or suggestions are much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Rick Kowalski

55_550_0_3_38_19239756_01.jpg
 Description:
Civil registration of death record - Andreas Kowalski
 Filesize:  786.03 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

55_550_0_3_38_19239756_01.jpg

mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 912

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:41 pm      Post subject:

Hello,
I suggest you post this request in the German Translation forum if this site. Otherwise, the translator may not see this.
Best,
Cynthia
Send e-mail
rkowalski

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:06 pm      Post subject:

Cynthia,

Thank you for the heads up. I am new to the site and I thought I had after clicking into the German Translation Forum. Is there a way to redirect my post or do I need start over?

Rick Kowalski
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 912

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:15 pm      Post subject:

Hi Rick,

Go to "Forums". You will see a list of recent posts. Scroll down and click on the topic "German Records Translations". Now you are in the German Records Translation thread. The default view is oldest post to newest post. Select "Reply" and a new post window will open up so you can write your post and attach your record. Then select "Submit".

I hope I got those instructions right. Good luck!
Cynthia
Send e-mail
rkowalski

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:47 pm      Post subject:

Thanks again Cynthia.

I now realize that I selected the "new topic" button, rather than the "post reply" button while in the German Record Translations forum thread, which sent my original post to its' own location within the "Research in Poland" general group.

I think I have successfully re-posted my original inquiry to the German Record Translations forum thread. Keeping my fingers crossed that I didn't screw it up again!!

All the best,
Rick Kowalski
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: