PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:26 pm      Post subject: Nurczyk Brick Wall

Hello -

I have a Jacob Nurczyk that was born 7/25/1884. He came to the US in 1901 and had listed Wyk, Poland as his original residence. Per the immigration record he wrote that he was going to Pittsburgh, PA where he would stay with his brother "Vitold" (maybe spelling incorrectly and could be Victor)?

On a similar note - I have tracked down a Victor and Jacob Nurczyk that are buried in the same cemetery in Illinois.

Would love to connect as I've hit a brick wall with Jacob the past few years
Send e-mail
JLNorskey

Replies: 12

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:13 pm      Post subject: Nurczyk Brick Wall

Hi, I came across this information while searching for my own family roots. My father's family name is also Nurczyk(changed to Norskey), and they are from Wyk and surrounding villages. Is this the Jacob you are looking for? https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/GDP5-5XM
I have not found that we have a common ancestor yet, but this is my family:https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/G8GT-KZ1. Victor Norskey is my grandfather. He followed his 2 uncles to Massachusetts in 1913. My father is 93 nd still living in Gardner, MA. I hope this helps.
Joanne Norskey
Send e-mail
nurz19

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:43 pm      Post subject:

Hi JL Norseky -

Yes, this is the Jacob who I have tracked down and am trying to find his siblings. He is as far as I can go up the tree as I've hit a brick wall with his siblings/parents. No living relatives/any of Jacob's grandkids know the names of any of his siblings/parents. The only thing I know is that he is buried in the same cemetery as Victor Nurczyk in Illinois (assuming that could be a brother?).

I have seen the Nurczyk name pop up on the east coast in the MA area, but have yet to find a way to connect the dots.
Send e-mail
JLNorskey

Replies: 12

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:56 pm      Post subject:

On 2 trees on Ancestry, Jacob's parents are listed as Joseph Nurczyk born in 1867 and Eleanor born in 1868. Both born in Warsaw although I can't find them on Geneteka. This screen shot is from the Miller family tree.

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 10.53.01 PM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  92.97 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 10.53.01 PM.png

Send e-mail
nurz19

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:36 pm      Post subject:

Yes, I have seen these names but there is no supporting info to back this up unfortunately.
Send e-mail
sirdan
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 304

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:55 am      Post subject:

Hello,
Actually, there is a place Wyk. In Podlasie area which was under Russian partition at that time.

Nurczyk surname is usually in Nowogród parish. Just look here https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=eng&bdm=B&w=10pl&rid=B&search_lastname=nurczyk&search_name=&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=&exac=1

Those records are up to 1870 so, for more it need to be looked in Archives or other Podlaskie records.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: