PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 380, 381, 382 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:28 pm      Post subject: Help deciphering handwriting

Hello all! Its been years since I used this forum but my interest has recently been renewed. I finally followed some links and found an image with a location. I can't tell what the lower three lines are though. Hoping someone more familiar with Polish location names might help. Thank you so much!!

Best,
Susanne

6770 120 crop.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  70.32 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

6770 120 crop.jpg

Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:31 pm      Post subject: Re: Help deciphering handwriting

Squirrel6s wrote:
Hello all! Its been years since I used this forum but my interest has recently been renewed. I finally followed some links and found an image with a location. I can't tell what the lower three lines are though. Hoping someone more familiar with Polish location names might help. Thank you so much!!

Best,
Susanne

Susanne,
Wies Turza Wielka
Poczta Dobrzyn nad Wisla
Powiat Lipno
Plock gubernia

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Squirrel6s

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:36 pm      Post subject: Re: Help deciphering handwriting

Quote:

Susanne,
Wies Turza Wielka
Poczta Dobrzyn nad Wisla
Powiat Lipno
Plock gubernia

Gilberto
[/quote]

Gilberto, that was SO quick. Thank you! ANd thank you for expanding some of those abbreviations as well! I so appreciate your help!
hannahdudek

Replies: 111

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:49 pm      Post subject: Translation

I'm trying to translate the following birth record for my great-great-great-grandmother Anna Malek from the Brdow Parish in 1820.

Thank you.

malek.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  584.27 KB

malek.jpg

Alixkubicki

Replies: 7

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:48 pm      Post subject: Help with translation

Hello Smile I was going through an old footlocker and found photos in polish. I’ve tried using google translate but I’m having a hard time reading the cursive writing. If anyone could help, that would be great. Smile
So I tried adding the photos but they were too big :/
If anyone is able to translate, could you email me at [email protected] and I could email the pictures?
Thank you Smile
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:23 am      Post subject: Re: Help with translation

Alixkubicki wrote:
Hello Smile I was going through an old footlocker and found photos in polish. I’ve tried using google translate but I’m having a hard time reading the cursive writing. If anyone could help, that would be great. Smile
So I tried adding the photos but they were too big :/
If anyone is able to translate, could you email me at [email protected] and I could email the pictures?
Thank you Smile

i will do it. Check Your email box

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 172

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:03 am      Post subject: Re: Translation

hannahdudek wrote:
I'm trying to translate the following birth record for my great-great-great-grandmother Anna Malek from the Brdow Parish in 1820.

Thank you.

No. 39. It came to pass on the tenth day of the month of July in the year of one thousand eight hundred and twenty, at the hour of four in the afternoon. Before me, Parish Priest in Brdow, performing the duties of a Civil Registrar of Brdow Commune in Brzesc* County in the Masovian Voivodeship, personally appeared Woyciech Malkowski, thirty-eight years of age, a farmer** residing in Swietoslawice, and presented to us a baby of the female sex who had been born on the eighth day of the month of July of the current year, at the hour of two in the afternoon, in his house, at number five, declaring that she had been born from him and Agnieszka nee Pawelkiewicz, his thirty-eight-year-old spouse, and that he wished to give her the name Anna Malgorzata. The above statement was made and the baby was presented in the presence of Tomasz Malachowski, thirty-eight years of age, and Jan Pieczatkiewicz, who at that time was already sixty-nine years of age, both farmers residing in Brdow. After that the present birth certificate was read aloud to the appearers and subsequently signed by myself, the father and the witnesses.

Priest Andrzej Czechowicz (signed), Parish Priest in Brdow, performing the duties of a Civil Registrar

Woyciech Malkowski (signed with 3 X’s)

Tomasz Malachowski (signed with 3 X’s)

Jan Pieczatkiewicz (signed with 3 X’s)

NOTES:
*The town referred to as Brzesc is probably the modern-day Brzesc Kujawski.
**The father’s occupation is literally quoted as ‘wloscian gospodarz rolnik’.
hannahdudek

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:22 am      Post subject: Thank you

Thank you for the translation of Anna Malek's birth. It contained useful information. Thanks.
sophiekrolski

Replies: 54

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:23 pm      Post subject: Translation

removed by user

Last edited by sophiekrolski on Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
hannahdudek

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:53 pm      Post subject: Death Records

Bykowski

Last edited by hannahdudek on Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hoodooedd

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:31 am      Post subject: Polish Translation Request

Hello, i hope someone on this forum is able to help. My Father and all my Uncles were Polish who came over to England during and after the War. Unfortunately they have all passed away. We are at the moment trying to find out more about the Polish side of the family/tracing relatives etc. Sorting through my Uncle's papers who came from Lodz we came across 2 old letters which look like they may be from an old girlfriend or relative. Unfortunately i do not speak Polish (though i would love to learn), i would be incredibly grateful if anybody on this forum could be able to translate these 2 letters into English for me as i hope they may hold some information that may help the family. thankyou, Edd

1669.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  257.44 KB

1669.jpg

1668.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  300.09 KB

1668.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:34 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Translation Request

Hoodooedd wrote:
Hello, i hope someone on this forum is able to help. My Father and all my Uncles were Polish who came over to England during and after the War. Unfortunately they have all passed away. We are at the moment trying to find out more about the Polish side of the family/tracing relatives etc. Sorting through my Uncle's papers who came from Lodz we came across 2 old letters which look like they may be from an old girlfriend or relative. Unfortunately i do not speak Polish (though i would love to learn), i would be incredibly grateful if anybody on this forum could be able to translate these 2 letters into English for me as i hope they may hold some information that may help the family. thankyou, Edd

on the first page there is a lyric to Wojciech Dzieduszycki song titled: Puchowy deszczu śnieg

Puchowy śniegu tren W krąg roztoczył lśnień czary Dźwięczą sanek janczary Miasto spowił już sen A przez ulicy cieśń Zdobną w śniegowe szaty Jedzie panicz bogaty Nucąc wesołą pieśń A wtem do sań podbiega Dziewczyna niosąc bzy Do jej łachmanów brzega Przymarzły śnieżne skry Wyciąga drżące dłonie W śniegowych płatków rój I cichy szept jej wionie ”Kup kwiaty, panie mój ” Pan wstrzymał sani pęd Z wolna spojrzał w jejoczy A w tych oczu roztoczy Dostrzegł piękno i smęt Wziął bzu zamarznięty kwiat I rzekł — „Siadaj tu przy mnie... Już skostniałaś na zimnie, Ja ogrzeję cię rad” I zawiózł ją do siebie Gdzie było ciepło tak Gdzie świecił jak na niebie Pająków gwiezdny szlak Posadził u kominka I szepnął jak we śnie ”A teraz niech dziewczynka Całuje mocno mnie” Gdy u sypialni wrót Już z niej spadły łachmany Blask jej ciała różany Zalśnił przed nim jak cud W ramiona porwał ją Odurzyły go zmysły Na jej ustach zawisły Jego usta, co drżą Lecz gdy zabłysnął ranek I ścichła burza krwi Znudzony już kochanek Dziewczynie wskazał drzwi Odziała swe łachmany Jak kazał pan, jej kat I niby pies wygnany Szlochając poszła w świat Aż raz po paru dniach Panicz siadał w swe sanie Wtem usłyszał szeptanie Za krtań chwycił go strach Śród białych śnieżnych pól Ona cicho leżała Na pół żywa zsiniała A w jej oczach lśnił ból Pan spojrzał na nią z góry Zrobiło mu się żal Zły trochę i ponury Pojechał w siną dal A gdy mrok nieobjęty Na ciche miasto legł Dziewczyny trup zmarznięty Przysypał miękki śnieg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APc24m9ECGA
Hoodooedd

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:19 am      Post subject:

Thank you Marcel, i wonder if this was a favourite poem of my Uncle. Thank you for the quick reply, it's very much appreciated. Smile Edd
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:45 am      Post subject:

Hoodooedd wrote:
Thank you Marcel, i wonder if this was a favourite poem of my Uncle. Thank you for the quick reply, it's very much appreciated. Smile Edd

on the second page there is some kind of poem or song titled: Pensjonarka. i have tried to find what it is but there were no results on the Internet

PAYPAL: [email protected]
PolishStrong

Replies: 20

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:36 pm      Post subject: Need Help Translating Death Record

Hello Everyone,
I am brand new to PolishOrigins. I am extremely happy to have just found today, the names of my Dziadzi's parents.
Unfortunately, I can't read Polish. Hopefully someone can help translate this paragraph, that contains the record of my great-grandmother's death. Her name was Katarzyna Zawislak.
Thank you very much in advance.
-Brian

Katarzyna (Omiatek) Zawislak Death Record 1944.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  770.76 KB

Katarzyna (Omiatek) Zawislak Death Record 1944.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 380, 381, 382 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 381 of 580

Jump to: