PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 381, 382, 383 ... 579, 580, 581  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4190

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:13 am      Post subject: Re: Need Help Translating Death Record

PolishStrong wrote:
Hello Everyone,
I am brand new to PolishOrigins. I am extremely happy to have just found today, the names of my Dziadzi's parents.
Unfortunately, I can't read Polish. Hopefully someone can help translate this paragraph, that contains the record of my great-grandmother's death. Her name was Katarzyna Zawislak.
Thank you very much in advance.
-Brian

Nr 16
Czernięcin
Katarzyna Zawiślak

It happened in the village Czernięcin on 24 April 1944 at noon. Appeared Jan Jonasz, 51 years old and Jan Kozyra, 42 years old, both farmers living in Czarnięcin and they informed Us that yesterday died at 6 (no info p.m. or a.m.) in Czernięcin Katarzyna Zawiślak maiden name Jonasz, 54 years old, farmer, born in Wólka Czernięcińska, living in Czernięcin, daughter of Romuald Jonasz and Katarzyna Jonasz maiden name Żur. She widowed her husband Wojciech Zawiślak.
After eye-belief about Katarzyna Zawiślak death his act was read aloud to witnesses and signed only by Us.
priest Wincenty Feliks Pawelec, Turobin deanery dean, serving as Civil Registrar.
mous1123

Replies: 27

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:43 pm      Post subject: Translation

Mous1123 Hello to all,
Have not been on for a while a lot of personal things to deal with. Found a record if someone can help me.
Mickey

20180302_134709.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.19 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

20180302_134709.jpg

Send e-mail
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:41 am      Post subject: Re: Translation

mous1123 wrote:
Mous1123 Hello to all,
Have not been on for a while a lot of personal things to deal with. Found a record if someone can help me.
Mickey

Janowo. It happened in the town Świedziebnia, on November 17/29, 1847, at 9 a.m. Presented himself Konstanty Cymanski, a carpenter, 25 years old, residing in Janowo, and in the presence of the witnesses Andrzej Truszczynski (can’t read his profession, maybe taylor), 21 years old, and Andrzej Budaczewski, a farmer, 50 years old, both residing in Janowo, showed us a child of the feminine sex, declaring it was born in Janowo, on November 14/26 of the current year, at 10 a.m., of his legitimate wife Maryanna nee Stanczewski (not sure), 25 years old. On the same day the child was baptized and was given the name Balbina. Godparents were the forementioned Andrzej Truszczynski and Agnieszka Gawronska. The act was read to the presents and witnesses, who could not write.
Send e-mail
mous1123

Replies: 27

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:45 am      Post subject: Translation problems

Hello
I have 2 records that I have been trying to translate. Found like 3 apps that said they could translate. One said no polish found. One said forbidden. The other one just wouldn't do anything. Any other ideas. The letters to me are hard to figure out. I feel horrible asking all the time to translate
Mickey

Send e-mail
Magroski49

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:50 am      Post subject: Re: Translation problems

mous1123 wrote:
Hello
I have 2 records that I have been trying to translate. Found like 3 apps that said they could translate. One said no polish found. One said forbidden. The other one just wouldn't do anything. Any other ideas. The letters to me are hard to figure out. I feel horrible asking all the time to translate
Mickey

Mickey,
a good tool for learning (topic 5.3) https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/Poland_Civil_Registration

Gilberto
Send e-mail
december2014

Replies: 9

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:59 am      Post subject: Help reading the names

Greetings...This request will probably be really easy for most of you...but not for me since I'm new to researching Polish Roots. I need help with the names of parents and the town...I simply have tried guessing everything for the parents names but have come up with nothing. So...figured I'd ask some experts! Thanking you in advance!

Name ID.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  74.54 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Name ID.jpg

Magroski49

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:11 pm      Post subject: Re: Help reading the names

december2014 wrote:
Greetings...This request will probably be really easy for most of you...but not for me since I'm new to researching Polish Roots. I need help with the names of parents and the town...I simply have tried guessing everything for the parents names but have come up with nothing. So...figured I'd ask some experts! Thanking you in advance!

Parish Wolka
county Przasnysz
province Plock
father Ludwik
mother Rozary (actually Rozalia)
maiden name Erma?

Gilberto
Send e-mail
december2014

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:36 pm      Post subject:

I was going horribly wrong on my guess of the mothers name. I was thinking Kataryn Eisman? That's why I needed help. Thanks for giving it a try, Magroski49! If anyone else wants to toss in their suggestions... I'd appreciate it.
Magroski49

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:03 pm      Post subject:

december2014 wrote:
I was going horribly wrong on my guess of the mothers name. I was thinking Kataryn Eisman? That's why I needed help. Thanks for giving it a try, Magroski49! If anyone else wants to toss in their suggestions... I'd appreciate it.

What is father's surname? Bolskier? Were they lutherans?

Gilberto
Send e-mail
december2014

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:30 pm      Post subject:

Surname can't be confirmed for this woman aside from what's on the marriage record. It appears to show her name is Stanislawa Betkier. Father: Ludwik Betkier. Mother: Can't read it. This marriage took place in Catholic church.
Magroski49

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:08 pm      Post subject:

december2014 wrote:
Surname can't be confirmed for this woman aside from what's on the marriage record. It appears to show her name is Stanislawa Betkier. Father: Ludwik Betkier. Mother: Can't read it. This marriage took place in Catholic church.

On a second look at mother's name I noticed it is, indeed, Katarzyna. My fault. Her surname could be Eism or Ejsm or Esm*. His surname, Betkier, does exist in that area, though I could not find any Ludwik or Stanislawa here:
http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=B&w=07mz&rid=B&search_lastname=betkier&search_name=&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=&exac=1

About the parish name: Wolka is a pretty much common name. There are tons of places with that name, so I have tried to narrow the search to the ones in or around Przanysz. I suspect it is Kobylaki-Wólka
woj. mazowieckie
pow. przasnyski
gmina Jednorożec
89 osób
kod: 06-323
about 9 miles north of Przasnyz.

I have tried to find Stanislawa's birth record in Przanysz, Jednorozec (RC, lutheran and jewish records), with no luck. However, I only tried the year 1895.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
december2014

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:27 pm      Post subject:

Thank you so much! You've provided some great leads for me to follow up with. Didn't even know Eism was a last name!

Magroski49 wrote:
december2014 wrote:

On a second look at mother's name I noticed it is, indeed, Katarzyna. My fault. Her surname could be Eism or Ejsm or Esm*. His surname, Betkier, does exist in that area, though I could not find any Ludwik or Stanislawa here:
http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=B&w=07mz&rid=B&search_lastname=betkier&search_name=&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=&exac=1

About the parish name: Wolka is a pretty much common name. There are tons of places with that name, so I have tried to narrow the search to the ones in or around Przanysz. I suspect it is Kobylaki-Wólka
woj. mazowieckie
pow. przasnyski
gmina Jednorożec
89 osób
kod: 06-323
about 9 miles north of Przasnyz.

I have tried to find Stanislawa's birth record in Przanysz, Jednorozec (RC, lutheran and jewish records), with no luck. However, I only tried the year 1895.

Gilberto
Magroski49

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:53 pm      Post subject:

december2014 wrote:
Thank you so much! You've provided some great leads for me to follow up with. Didn't even know Eism was a last name!

Found it! Not in 1895, but in 1894. Record in russian, so you can post it in Russian Records Translation p2. topic
http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0104d&sy=1894&kt=1&plik=382-387.jpg#zoom=1.75&x=1812&y=861

Gilberto
Send e-mail
december2014

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:54 pm      Post subject:

Thank you so much! THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Magroski49

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:28 pm      Post subject:

december2014 wrote:
Thank you so much! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

You're welcome! As an extrabonus, Ludwik married in the same year. Record nr. 6

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 381, 382, 383 ... 579, 580, 581  Next Page 382 of 581

Jump to: