PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 390, 391, 392 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author

Replies: 111

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:59 am      Post subject: Thank you

Dave,

Thank you very much for the translations. I agree with you that the dates present a question, but genealogy tends to be about interpretation of the documents we find, not necessarily evidence of what factually happened. Just what people wrote or said happened. Anna's death has been troubling my family since we started connecting the documents, as we suspected it was related to childbirth, which was a tragedy.

Thanks for the screenshots. I actually use the site and have obtained quite a few records that we wouldn't have found otherwise. Thank you for taking the initiative and all your hard work. I really appreciate it. These records will give us a chance to put what we've gathered into perspective and build a timeline for the family.

Hannah
starkey76

Replies: 164

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:30 am      Post subject: Jagaczewski translation

Hello,
I was wondering if I could get a translation of this death certificate. I think it is my 4x GG, Marcin Jagaczewski, and I saw it in Poczekalnia section in Geneteka. It's #52. He was married to Marianna Matuszewska. His parents were Jakub and Monika.

http://poczekalnia.genealodzy.pl/pliki/AP-M%C5%82awa/0177_Dzierzgowo-1826-1911-FChD-temp/1828_UMZ-1828_s03/_134.jpg

Thanks
John

Marcin Jagaczewski 1828 #52.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  494.4 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Marcin Jagaczewski 1828 #52.jpg

sophiekrolski

Replies: 54

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:29 pm      Post subject: Translation

deleted

Last edited by sophiekrolski on Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
cmasiak

Replies: 41

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:59 pm      Post subject: Petykiewicz/Karpinski

Hello,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me translate the birth record of my Great-Great -Grandmother, Maryanna PetyKiewicz. The index provides me with her mother's name, but has NN for the name of the father. Her marriage record states she is Karpinski, however it appears her mother married after her birth. I tried translating it, but using the translation tools, but between the quality of the copy, and the handwriting I have been unable to. Maryanna's birth record is number 4 and her twin sister is number 5 if that is helpful. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! The link to the index for the births and marriage is :

http://www.geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=eng&bdm=B&w=07mz&rid=B&search_lastname=Petykiewicz&search_name=&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=1838&to_date=1845&rpp1=&ordertable=

Polish Birth Record Marianna Petykawiecz.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.43 MB

Polish Birth Record Marianna Petykawiecz.jpg

Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:30 pm      Post subject: Re: Petykiewicz/Karpinski

cmasiak wrote:
Hello,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me translate the birth record of my Great-Great -Grandmother, Maryanna PetyKiewicz. The index provides me with her mother's name, but has NN for the name of the father. Her marriage record states she is Karpinski, however it appears her mother married after her birth. I tried translating it, but using the translation tools, but between the quality of the copy, and the handwriting I have been unable to. Maryanna's birth record is number 4 and her twin sister is number 5 if that is helpful. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! The link to the index for the births and marriage is :

http://www.geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=eng&bdm=B&w=07mz&rid=B&search_lastname=Petykiewicz&search_name=&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=1838&to_date=1845&rpp1=&ordertable=

Hello,
the record (terrible penmanship!) reads "Jadwiga Petykiewicz, panny" so she was not married by then. She married Wojciech Karpinski on Feb 15, 1841 (they had a son, Adam, later that year). On their marriage record I don't see any mention to Maryana and her sister, so it is hard to say if Wojciech was their biological father or not.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
cmasiak

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:43 pm      Post subject: RE: Petykiewicz/Karpinski

Thank you for your quick response Gilberto, it is much appreciated! I was hoping it might have made some reference. It's funny her marriage record is listed as Petykiewicz but in her son's marriage record they have her maiden name as Karpinski. The mysteries of genealogical research. Thanks again!!
Magroski49

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:57 pm      Post subject: Re: RE: Petykiewicz/Karpinski

cmasiak wrote:
Thank you for your quick response Gilberto, it is much appreciated! I was hoping it might have made some reference. It's funny her marriage record is listed as Petykiewicz but in her son's marriage record they have her maiden name as Karpinski. The mysteries of genealogical research. Thanks again!!

You are welcome. What I could get:
Zeleznia.
Glinojek 29 december / 9 january 1838 12 o’clock
Szymon Petykiewicz, a worker, from Zeleznia, 63?
Witnesses Boguslaw Briman?, a worker, 30 y.o.? and Jan Grab…?, a mechanic in Glinojeck
Yesterday at 1 p.m.
Miss Jadwiga Petykowicz, 25
Child named Maryanna
Godparents Jozef Zbrowski? And Wiktorya Skowronska?

Gilberto
Send e-mail
cmasiak

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:13 pm      Post subject: Re: RE: Petykiewicz/Karpinski

Hello Gilberto,

Thank you again it is much appreciated.

Charles
Magroski49

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:18 pm      Post subject: Re: Jagaczewski translation

starkey76 wrote:
Hello,
I was wondering if I could get a translation of this death certificate. I think it is my 4x GG, Marcin Jagaczewski, and I saw it in Poczekalnia section in Geneteka. It's #52. He was married to Marianna Matuszewska. His parents were Jakub and Monika.

http://poczekalnia.genealodzy.pl/pliki/AP-M%C5%82awa/0177_Dzierzgowo-1826-1911-FChD-temp/1828_UMZ-1828_s03/_134.jpg

Thanks
John

John,
Nr. 52 Pobodze village
It happened in Koscielne Dzierzgowo, on August 28, 1828, at 12 o’clock.
Presented wloscianin Karol Matysiak, 40 years old, from village Pobodze, and Jan Matusiak, 47 years old, from Krzynowloga Mala, both farmers, and declared that on the day 26 of the current month and year, at 12 o’ clock, died MARCIN JAGUSZEWSKI, a farmer, 50 years old, residing in Pobodze, son of wloscianin Jakub and Monika, the Jaguszewski couple, from village Loje. He was survived by his wife Maryanna Matusiak (written Matusiaczk). The exam of the eyes confirmed the death of Jaguszewski. The act was read to the presents…..
Father Wojciech Bugienski, rector of Dzierzgowo
Must be this Loje
Łoje
woj. mazowieckie
pow. przasnyski
gmina Krzynowłoga Mała
50 osób
kod: 06-316

włościanin = those who lived in rural area

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Magroski49

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:41 am      Post subject: Re: Sidor

sophiekrolski wrote:
Hello. I have three records for the Lawrence/Maryanna Sidor family (my 3x-great-grandparents) from the Roman Catholic Parish of Sejny. My family is trying to put together their family story and we thank you in advance for help with the translations.

1820 - Lawrence Sidor and Maryanna Winikaytis marriage (record spans two pages)
1836 - Their son Frank's birth
1837 - Lawrence's Death

Thank you very much

Sophie,
Frank's birth record:
143. Klejwy. It happened in the town of Sejny on September 26? 24? 1836, at 5 p.m.
Presented himself Wawrzyniec Sidor, 40 years old, and in the presence of Karol Milak, 25 years old, and Mateusz Matolewicz/Malolewicz, 50 years old, both farmers from Klejwy, showed us a child of the masculine sex, declaring it was born on 19?, at 7 a.m., of his legitimate wife Maryanna, nee Winikaycz?, 30 years old. On the same day the child was baptized and was given the name FRANCISZEK. Godparents were Karol Milak and Rozalia (cannot read her surname). The act was read to the presents, who could not write.
Father Leonard?

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Magroski49

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:54 am      Post subject: Re: Sidor

sophiekrolski wrote:
Hello. I have three records for the Lawrence/Maryanna Sidor family (my 3x-great-grandparents) from the Roman Catholic Parish of Sejny. My family is trying to put together their family story and we thank you in advance for help with the translations.

1820 - Lawrence Sidor and Maryanna Winikaytis marriage (record spans two pages)
1836 - Their son Frank's birth
1837 - Lawrence's Death

Thank you very much

64. Klejwy. It happened in the town of Sejny on July 11 1837, at 7 p.m.
Presented Antoni Malinowski, a farmer from Zerzyn?, 40 years old, and also Jan Matulewicz?, a farmer from Klejwy, 50 years old, declared that on 10 of the current month and year, at 9 or 10 (not clear) a.m., died in Klejwy Wawrzyniec Sidor, a farmer, 50 years old, son of Dominik and Katarzyna Sidor, residing in Klejwy. He was survived by his wife Maryanna nee Winikajcz? The exam of the eyes confirmed the death. The act was read to the presents, who could not write.
Father ? Katyl (WK, no idea) Civil Register Office
Send e-mail
techman

Replies: 14

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:29 pm      Post subject: 3x GreatGrandparents Marriage

I would greatly appreciate anyone's help in translating Latkowo #2 on the scan.
Thank you in advance.

Franciszek Walesinski Marriage Witowo 1847.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  453.07 KB

Franciszek Walesinski Marriage Witowo 1847.jpg

sophiekrolski

Replies: 54

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:03 am      Post subject: Thanks

Thank you Gilberto for Frank Sidor's birth and death. It will be interesting to see how the ages compare with the marriage record. Thanks for you help with the translations!
Magroski49

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:08 pm      Post subject: Re: Thanks

sophiekrolski wrote:
Thank you Gilberto for Frank Sidor's birth and death. It will be interesting to see how the ages compare with the marriage record. Thanks for you help with the translations!

You are welcome. It seems to me Wawrzyniec was 27 at his marriage.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
vbstar2010

Replies: 291

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:44 pm      Post subject: Re: 3x GreatGrandparents Marriage

techman wrote:
I would greatly appreciate anyone's help in translating Latkowo #2 on the scan.
Thank you in advance.

==

https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=37635#37635

Date of record: Witowo, 20 January 1847, 10 a.m.

Witnesses: Józef Janowicz, miller, age 31, and Antoni Bączkowski, blacksmith, age 26, both residing in Latkowo

Groom: Franciszek Walesiński, bachelor, age 25, born in Kościelna Wieś [son] of Wojciech and Urszula the spouses Walesiński, still living, and now a shepherd (groom) residing in Płowce

Bride: Miss Teodora Rosińska, age 20, born in Broniewek [daughter] of Łukasz and Anna the spouses Rosiński, still living, and now a young lady/maiden (bride) residing in Latkowo

Banns: on 3, 10 & 17 this month and year in the parish church of Witowo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 390, 391, 392 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 391 of 580

Jump to: