PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 403, 404, 405 ... 579, 580, 581  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4190

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:59 am      Post subject: Re: Translation

hannahdudek wrote:
I would appreciate a translation of the 1830 marriage for Ewa Bykowski. Thanks in advance.

Nr 5
Korzecznik

It happened in the village Modzerowo on th 21st day of November 1830 at 9 a.m.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses: Stanisław Mazurek, farmer from Modzerowo, 38 years old, groom's uncle and Piotr Kaczmarek from Kęcerzyn, shepherd, 23 years old, bride's brother there was concluded on this day religious marriage between:

Stanisław Ziółkoski, a young man, living with his parents, farmhand in Kęcerzyn, born in Korzecznik, son of spouses: Józef Ziółkoski and Magdalena Ziółkoska - both living in the farm in Kęcerzyn, 29 years old

and

Ewa Bykoska, a miss, Korzecznik manor house servant, born in bogusławice, daughter of legal spouses: Kacper Bykoski and Małgorzata Bykoska, both living in Góraj in rented place, 23 years old.

The marriage was preceded by 3 banns on the 1st, 7th and 14th day of November of the current year in Bierzwienna and modzerowo parish churches.

Newlyweds parents, present during making of this marriage act, gave oral permission for this marriage.

There were no obstacles for this marriage.
Newlyweds informed they didnt make premarital agreement.

This marriage act was read aloud to the newlyweds and witnesses, signed only by Us, because mentioned above dont know how to write.

priest Piotr Szczerbin signature, Modzerewo parish administrator.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:55 am      Post subject: Re: Translation

hannahdudek wrote:
I was able to locate marriages for my 3x-great-grandfather's Bykowski sisters from Borysławice Kościelne in 1824 and 1827. Assistance with the translations would be greatly appreciated when time permits. Thank you in advance.

Nr 9 Krzykosy Belice

It happened in Borysławice Kościelne on the 4th day of November 1827 at noon. We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses: Jakub Kamiński, farmer from Świętosław, 30 years old and Feliks Zieliński, smolarz (polish word - a man engaged in the production of tar or trading in tar, as well as firing charcoal) from Belice, 40 years old there was concluded on this day religious marriage between:

Stanisław Kamiński, farmhand in Bugaj, living in Bugaj, born in Świętosławice, son of Adam Kamiński and Nepomucena Kamińska, 20 years old, a young man

and

Konstancja Bykowska, a miss, daughter of Kacper Bykowski and Małgorzata Bykowska, both living in Bogusławice, 24 years old, born in Bogusławice, living with her parents.

The marriage was preceded by 3 banns on the 21st day of October, 28th day of October and 4th day of November of the current year in Borysławice and Brdów parishes.
Newlyweds parents, present during making of this marriage act gave oral permission for this marriage. There were no obstacles for this marriage.

Newlyweds informed they did premarital agreement on the 1st day of September of the current year in the face of their parents.

This act was read aloud to the newlyweds and witnesses, all illiterate and signed by us.

priest Antoni Cichocki signature, Borysławice parish parson.

Nr 12 Belice

It happened on the 13th day of March 1824 at 8 a.m. Before Us, Borysławice community Civil Registrar, Łęczyca district, Mazowsze voivodeship appeared

Felicjan Zieliński, smolarz, according to the presented document informing of birth written in the civil court for Konin district 30 years old, widower in the assistance of Roch Świderski, farmer from Belice, uncle, 60 years old

and

Apolonia Bykowska, a miss, 21 years old - according to the birth certificate extracted from the Lubotyń church parish birth records, living at her parental house, in the assistance of her father Kacper Bykowski, 60 years old, komornik (a peasant living in rented house) and her mother Małgorzata, 54 years old.
The parties who presented themselves demand that we begin the arranged between them marriage ceremony which marriage banns were done in front of the doors of community house, it is: on the 15th day of the August of the current year at noon and on the 22nd day of November of the current year at noon.
I wasnt informed about any obstacles for this marriage.
Newlyweds parents allowed for this marriage.
After all the mentioned documents were read aloud as well as chapter 6 of the Civil code about the marriages i asked the future spouses do they want to tie the marriage knot?
After each of them separately replied that this is their will we proclaim in the name of the law that Felicjan Zieliński, widower and Apolonia Bykowska, a miss are joined with each other by the bound of marriage.
this marriage act was written down in the presence of Tomasz Sosnowski, farmer from Belice, 30 years old and Mikołaj Stanikowski, farmer from Belice, 40 years old - Felicjan Zieliński's witnesses and Felicjan Pawłowski, shepherd, 40 years old and Jan Stasiak, farmer from Belice, 50 years old - Apolonia Bykowska's witnesses.

This act was read aloud and signed.

priest Antoni Cichocki, parish parson and Civil Registrar.

djablonka

Replies: 45

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:11 am      Post subject: Re: Jan Grzegorzewska - Jozefata Jackowska Question

marcelproust wrote:
djablonka wrote:
I have this section of the marriage record as this in Polish:

Syn Franciszka Grzegorzewskiego Kowalu
We Wistce zamieszkałego I Agnieszka z Borowicz
Icuigow, wafystencyi tychze Rodzicow dwoch
stawiła się takze Panna Jozefata Jackowska
W Kowalu przy Pudziwich zamieszkały 

and translated to this in English:

The son of Franciszka Grzegorzewskiego a blacksmith
Living in Wistka and Agnieszka maiden name Borowicz
Icuigow, wafystencyi Those from parents two
Also appearing was a young lady Jozefata Jackowska
From Kowal living in Pudziwich 

Can you please read "Icuigow, wafystencyi" and let me know what this really is? I obviously can't read it correctly. Thanks in advance for your help!
Dave Jablonka

Syn Franciszka Grzegorzewskiego, kowala, we Wistce zamieszkałego i Agnieszki z Borowiczów, w asystencji tychże rodziców swoich.
Stawiła się także panna Józefata Jackowska w Kowalu przy rodzicach zamieszkała

son of Franciszek Grzegorzewski, blacksmith, living in Wistka and Agnieszka nee Borowicz, in the assistance those parents.
Also appeared a miss Jozefata Jackowska living with her parents in Kowal.

Thank you so much for translating this. I don't know how you made out the lettering, but you did a fantastic job!
Sincerely, Dave

hannahdudek

Replies: 111

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:37 am      Post subject: Thanks

Marcel, thank you very much for the Bykowski marriage translations. The information was actually quite unexpected. Thanks!
sophiekrolski

Replies: 54

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:42 pm      Post subject: Thanks

Thank you for the Murzyn translations Marcel.
djablonka

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:14 pm      Post subject: Jan Grzegorzewska-Jozefata Jackowska Marriage Translation

I am interpreting the writing as the following in Polish:

Strony stawiające zgdcsia n abyiny do włozonego
miedzy ni cini bbskoda małżenstwa
Przystąpili którego zapowiedźie cuzyerioal

translated to the following in English:

Posing parties ________ __ _______ to dressed
Between __ ____ _________marriage
They joined their announcement _________

Can you please let me know what the words underlined in red are so I can fill in the blanks?
Thanks in advance for your help, Dave Jablonka

IMG-3826.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  694.02 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

IMG-3826.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:05 am      Post subject: Re: Jan Grzegorzewska-Jozefata Jackowska Marriage Translatio

djablonka wrote:

Can you please let me know what the words underlined in red are so I can fill in the blanks?

Strony stawające żądają, abyśmy do ułożonego między nimi obchodu małżeństwa przystąpili, którego zapowiedzi uczynione były przed drzwiami naszego domu gminnego

The parties demand that we begin the arranged between them marriage ceremony which marriage banns were done in front of our community house

underlined words: żądają - demand, abyśmy - grammar conjunction, in this case it means: that we, obchodu - ceremony, uczynione - done

It is difficult for a person who does not know Polish to decipher such documents. There are several reasons for this:

1. polish language has grammatical cases that english language has largely lost it.
2. depending on the situation, the same word may have a different ending
3.these documents are written by hand, often indistinctly
4. documents are written in a language we no longer use on a daily basis

djablonka

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:17 pm      Post subject: Re: Jan Grzegorzewska-Jozefata Jackowska Marriage Translatio

djablonka wrote:

Thank you Marcel for the translation and additional comments! I am trying to learn the language, but I know I still have a lot of work to do. The handwriting certainly adds a challenge as everyone has their own style and some appear to be a little more difficult to read. You are very good at reading this. Thanks again! Sincerely, Dave Jablonka

djablonka

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:00 pm      Post subject: Jan Grzegorzewska - Jozefata Jackowska Marriage Translation

I read the cursive to text as:

O godzinie dwunastej w południe gdy
o zadny w tamowanie rzeczonego małżenstwo
swiadomie sie sne został i inny, a Rodzice
rsiweypyan csa o bcdod małżenstwa zezwalaja
I przy chylaiac sie zatan do ze dawia
Stron, po przeżyła wis soizystkichiej zey
Suspoismiony y naperow I działu bgo w tytułe
Kodezu = o małżeństwa = zapubali iwylia
przyszłego małzonka I przyszłej małżonki
Czyli ckia połączy i się zasoby zwigakieu
Małżeństwa dwa co gdy kazde z nich oddzielnie
odpowiedziało, iz taka ich icob wola
bieriad

Translating it from Polish to English I get:

At twelve o’clock at mid-day ___
for any reason to stop the said marriage
Consciously ____ ____ left _ _____, and parents
__________ ___ _ _____ allow marriage
And at ________ themselves _____ to give away
pages, after she survived ___ ______________ ___
____________ and _______ and department ___ in title
______ = for marriage = ________ ______
Future wife and future husband
_____ ____ connect their resources _________
Marriage two of them separately
answered that their will is ______
______

Can you please help me translate the underlined words? I really struggled with this section.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Dave Jablonka

IMG-3829.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  878.6 KB

IMG-3829.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:20 am      Post subject: Re: Jan Grzegorzewska - Jozefata Jackowska Marriage Translat

djablonka wrote:
I read the cursive to text as:

O godzinie dwunastej w południe gdy
o zadny w tamowanie rzeczonego małżenstwo
swiadomie sie sne został i inny, a Rodzice
rsiweypyan csa o bcdod małżenstwa zezwalaja
I przy chylaiac sie zatan do ze dawia
Stron, po przeżyła wis soizystkichiej zey
Suspoismiony y naperow I działu bgo w tytułe
Kodezu = o małżeństwa = zapubali iwylia
przyszłego małzonka I przyszłej małżonki
Czyli ckia połączy i się zasoby zwigakieu
Małżeństwa dwa co gdy kazde z nich oddzielnie
odpowiedziało, iz taka ich icob wola
bieriad

Translating it from Polish to English I get:

At twelve o’clock at mid-day ___
for any reason to stop the said marriage
Consciously ____ ____ left _ _____, and parents
__________ ___ _ _____ allow marriage
And at ________ themselves _____ to give away
pages, after she survived ___ ______________ ___
____________ and _______ and department ___ in title
______ = for marriage = ________ ______
Future wife and future husband
_____ ____ connect their resources _________
Marriage two of them separately
answered that their will is ______
______

Can you please help me translate the underlined words? I really struggled with this section.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Dave Jablonka

o godzinie dwunastej w południe. gdy o żadnym tamowaniu rzeczonego małżeństwa uwiadomieni nie zostaliśmy, a rodzice niniejszym na odchód małżeństwa zezwalają i przychylając się zatem do żądania stron, po przeczytaniu wszystkich wyżej wspomnianych papierów i działu 6go w tytule Kodeksu - O Małżeństwie - zapytaliśmy się przyszłego małżonka i przyszłej małżonki czyli chcą połączyć się z sobą związkiem małżeństwa, na co gdy każde z nich oddzielnie odpowiedziało, że taka jest ich wola ....

at twelve o'clock at noon. When we were not informed about any objection against said marriage and the parents here and now allow for the marriage ceremony we accede therefore to the demand of parties, after reading all the above papers as well as chapter 6 of the Civil Code titled - About marriages - we asked the future spouse (male) and future spouse (female) do they want to connect with each other by the marriage union and when to it each of them separately answered that this is their will ...

underlined words:

gdy - when
uwiadomieni - informed
nie - no
zostaliśmy - were
niniejszym - hereby
na obchód - for the ceremony
przychylając - acceding
zatem - therefore
po przeczytaniu wszystkich wyżej wspomnianych papierów - after reading all mentioned above papers
6go - 6th
kodeksu - Code
zapytaliśmy się - we asked
czyli chcą - do they want
związkiem - union
jest - is

and at the bottom of this page there is beginning of the word oświad.... the end is on the next page so i really dont understand why you dont show the full record. Its hard to explain words taken out of context.

hannahdudek

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:38 am      Post subject: Hi

I have my 2x-great-grandmother Marcjanna Januszewski's birth record from 1848 (Swierczyn) and her parents marriage from Byton in 1834, that I would appreciate a translation. Thanks.

Last edited by hannahdudek on Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
djablonka

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:52 am      Post subject: Jan Kanty Grzegorzewska and Jozefata Jackowska Marriage

Marcel,
Attached are Pages 3 and 4 of the marriage record. You have helped me to complete pages 1 & 2 of the translation. Thanks for your help!
Sincerely,
Dave Jablonka

Akt małżeństwa Jan Grzegorzewski i Józefata Jankowska 1822 r. Kowal Page 3 of 4.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.28 MB

Akt małżeństwa Jan Grzegorzewski i Józefata Jankowska 1822 r. Kowal Page 3 of 4.JPG

Akt małżeństwa Jan Grzegorzewski i Józefa Jankowska 1822 r. Kowal Page 4 of 4.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.05 MB

Akt małżeństwa Jan Grzegorzewski i Józefa Jankowska 1822 r. Kowal Page 4 of 4.JPG

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:49 am      Post subject: Re: Hi

hannahdudek wrote:
I have my 2x-great-grandmother Marcjanna Januszewski's birth record from 1848 (Swierczyn) and her parents marriage from Byton in 1834, that I would appreciate a translation. Thanks.

Stróżewo

It happened in Bytoń on the 1st day of February 1834 at 9 a.m. We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses: Tomasz Adamowski, komornik (living in rented place), 30 years old and Antoni Foremski, farmer, 38 years old, both romancatholics, not related with newlyweds there was concluded on this day religious marriage between:

Franciszek Januszewski, a young man, romancatholic, farmhand living in Stróżewo, born in the village Grodziczno located in Grodziczno parish in Grand Dutchy of Posen, son of Stefan Januszewski and Marianna Januszewska, 30 years old

and

Zofia Sawieńska, a miss, romancatholic, daughter of Wincenty Sawieński and Małgorzata Sawieńska living in the village Stróżewo, living with her parents in Stróżewo, born in Bytoń parish, 20 years old.

This marriage was preceded by 3 banns on the 12th, 19th and 26th day of January of the current year announced in Bytoń parish.

Bride's parents, present during making of this act gave oral permission for this marriage.

There were no obstacles for this marriage.
newlyweds informed they didnt make premarital agreement.

This act was read aloud to the present, all illiterate and signed only by Us.

priest Kożuchowski signature.

Głuszynek

It happened in Świerczyn on the 6th day of January 1848 at noon. Appeared Franciszek Janiszewski, farmer, 40 years old living in Głuszynek in the presence of Michał Lewandowski and Antoni Lewandowski, both workers, both 40 years old living in Świerczyn and presented us a female child born on the 4th day of the current month and year at noon with his wife Zofia nee Sawińska, 30 years old.
At the Holy Baptism held today the child was given the name Marianna and the godparents were: Kacper Zieliński and Marianna Łu...czowa.
This act was read aloud to the declarants, all illiterate and signed only by us.

priest Hermanowski signature, Świerczyn parish administrator.

sophiekrolski

Replies: 54

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:00 am      Post subject: Church versus Civil

A few months ago I received a partial summarized translation for the 1820 marriage of my 3x-great-grandparents Lawrence Sidor and Maryanna Winikaytys from Sejny. I just discovered that there are two different types of records, religious and civil. I was able to find the civil version from this marriage, and the document is half the length, so it is definitely different. The church record spans two pages, whereas the civil version is only half a page.

I would like to ask if somebody could provide me with a full translation for both documents so I can better understand what makes a difference between religious and civil records. I'm assuming it's like modern day where a couple obtain a marriage license from the government, and afterwards have a ceremony signed by a priest/public official. Thank you very much.

Last edited by sophiekrolski on Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
hannahdudek

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:25 am      Post subject: Thanks

Thank you Marcel for the Januszewski translations. Very helpful with village locations!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 403, 404, 405 ... 579, 580, 581  Next Page 404 of 581

Jump to: