PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 409, 410, 411 ... 579, 580, 581  Next
Author

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:40 pm      Post subject: Polish to English translation

Would someone be so kind to translate the second entry on this record for me? I'm looking to identify my ancestors from Poland and I believe this document has direct relation to the Pokrzywnicki family. Thanks

Screenshot_20181019-143750_Chrome.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  805.9 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Screenshot_20181019-143750_Chrome.jpg

starshadow
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 305

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:31 am      Post subject: translation

Please help me transate this 1854 death record from Slupia parish.

piotr-1854.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  232.3 KB

piotr-1854.jpg

JoeSchroeder

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:52 pm      Post subject: Translation, please, of my great x 3 grandfather's birth

Hello

Jan Zielinski is my great x 3 grandfather and he was born in Radzanow. I would appreciate knowing what his birth record is saying. Could someone please translate the attached document for me? Thank you.

Joe

Jan Zielinski born 1833 in Radzanow, Mazowieckie, Poland.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  267.11 KB

Jan Zielinski born 1833 in Radzanow, Mazowieckie, Poland.jpg

Niziol23

Replies: 30

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:40 am      Post subject: Wincenty Niziul death translation

May I please have the translation of Wincenty Niziul's death record at your convience,

Thank you,

James Niziol

WincentyNiziuł_died_1864_B.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  690.17 KB

WincentyNiziuł_died_1864_B.png

WincentyNiziuł_died_1864_A.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  788.34 KB

WincentyNiziuł_died_1864_A.png

sophiekrolski

Replies: 54

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:19 am      Post subject: Marriage

This was deleted

Last edited by sophiekrolski on Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dawn K

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:03 pm      Post subject: Requesting Help with Translation - Julian Gulanowski

The following is the baptismal record from Poryte parish for Julian Gulanowski, son of Kazimierz. I have attempted to decipher it but need some help. I would really appreciate corrections. Thanks.
- Dawn

Korzeniste. Działo się we wsi Kożciolnej Porytem dnia dziewiętnastego Lutego tysiąc
ozmset [osiemset?] sześćdziesiatego piątego roku o godzinie drugiej po południa. Stawił
się Kazimierz Gulanowski włościanin parobek w Korzenistem zamieszkały
lat trzydzieści mający, w obecności Leona Proninskiego lat dwadzieścia ozm [osiem]
Andziez Ludwika ? lat dwadzieścia siedem mających - obydwach
? zagrodników w Korzenistem zamieszkałych i okazał nam dziecię
płci męskiej ? iż ? urodzone jest w Korzenistem na
dnia szesnastym bieżącego miesiąca roku o godzinie ozmej [osiemej?] rano z ?
i jego małżonki Maryanny Wronakowskich lat dwadzieścia ózm mającej.
Dziecięcin ? na Chrzcie swiętym w dniu dzisiejsym --- przezemmie
--- podpisanego odbytym nadane zostało imię Julian a Rodzicami
jego Chrzestnemi byli Leon Proziscki i Karolina Stanislawska
Akt ten ...

My rough translation is:
Korzeniste. It happened in the Poryte Church on the 19th of February 1865 at 2:00 in the afternoon. Appeared before us, Kazimierz Gulanowski, peasant farmer residing in Korzeniste, age 30 years, in the presence of witnesses Leon Prozinski, 28 years old, and Andziez Ludwika ?, 27 years old, both peasant farmers residing in Korzeniste and showed us a baby boy born in Korzeniste on the 16th of the current month and year at 8:00? in the morning with his wife, Maryann Wronakowski, 28 years old. At the holy baptism performed this day, the child was given the name Julian. The godparents were Leon Prozinski and Koralina Stanislawska.

Poryte_Baptism_1865_Gulanowski_Julian_a.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.01 MB

Poryte_Baptism_1865_Gulanowski_Julian_a.jpg

czaplicki

Replies: 49

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:42 pm      Post subject: Birth Record of Wojciech Czaplicki,the son of my 3GGfather

Could someone please translate this birth record no. 39?
Thanks in advance,
Conrad Czaplicki
http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0130d&sy=1831&kt=1&plik=039-042.jpg#zoom=1&x=20&y=430

B- Wojciech CZ Anzelm Teresa CZ KM 1831-39.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  735.34 KB

B- Wojciech CZ Anzelm Teresa CZ KM 1831-39.jpg

Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
sophiekrolski

Replies: 54

Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:21 pm      Post subject: Marriage

Deleted

Last edited by sophiekrolski on Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2782

Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:42 pm      Post subject: Re: Requesting Help with Translation - Julian Gulanowski

Dawn K wrote:
The following is the baptismal record from Poryte parish for Julian Gulanowski, son of Kazimierz. I have attempted to decipher it but need some help. I would really appreciate corrections. Thanks.
- Dawn

Korzeniste. Działo się we wsi Kożciolnej Porytem dnia dziewiętnastego Lutego tysiąc
ozmset [osiemset?] sześćdziesiatego piątego roku o godzinie drugiej po południa. Stawił
się Kazimierz Gulanowski włościanin parobek w Korzenistem zamieszkały
lat trzydzieści mający, w obecności Leona Proninskiego lat dwadzieścia ozm [osiem]
Andziez Ludwika ? lat dwadzieścia siedem mających - obydwach
? zagrodników w Korzenistem zamieszkałych i okazał nam dziecię
płci męskiej ? iż ? urodzone jest w Korzenistem na
dnia szesnastym bieżącego miesiąca roku o godzinie ozmej [osiemej?] rano z ?
i jego małżonki Maryanny Wronakowskich lat dwadzieścia ózm mającej.
Dziecięcin ? na Chrzcie swiętym w dniu dzisiejsym --- przezemmie
--- podpisanego odbytym nadane zostało imię Julian a Rodzicami
jego Chrzestnemi byli Leon Proziscki i Karolina Stanislawska
Akt ten ...

My rough translation is:
Korzeniste. It happened in the Poryte Church on the 19th of February 1865 at 2:00 in the afternoon. Appeared before us, Kazimierz Gulanowski, peasant farmer residing in Korzeniste, age 30 years, in the presence of witnesses Leon Prozinski, 28 years old, and Andziez Ludwika ?, 27 years old, both peasant farmers residing in Korzeniste and showed us a baby boy born in Korzeniste on the 16th of the current month and year at 8:00? in the morning with his wife, Maryann Wronakowski, 28 years old. At the holy baptism performed this day, the child was given the name Julian. The godparents were Leon Prozinski and Koralina Stanislawska.

Hi Dawn,

You did a very fine job deciphering the script in the record and your translation is fine with a few minor adjustments.

Frankly, it is extremely refreshing to find someone (especially a new member of this forum) who actually follows the guidelines published by Zenon and Aga regarding the steps to be followed before posting a request for help with a translation---especially the step of taking the time to try to understand the record before asking for help. After all, the intention here is not to provide a free translation service, but to offer help for members to work out documents for themselves. You are certainly to be commended for your efforts.

I’m attaching a PDF document which describes the terms used to give the social and economic status of those named in the record. The terminology was often used with a particular meaning intended for such records. Perhaps it may prove useful to you and/or to others. I designed it mainly for Latin terminology with the Polish and English meanings included. It is in PDF form because it was first composed quite a few years ago for a presentation I gave to a local genealogical society and PDF was the form preferred by the attendees.

Although some individuals are paranoid about opening documents they did not solicit, I’ve posted this particular document numerous times in the Latin Records section of the forum and many members have downloaded it in the past. I can assure you that it is perfectly safe and offer it for your use. Whether or not you choose to use it is, of course, entirely your decision.

The adjustments to your fine work follow.

Wishing you continued success in your research,

Dave

Adjustments:

Line 1: we wsi kościelnej Porytem = in the ecclesiastical village (of) Poryte (the village where the parish church was located)
Line 3: włościanin parobek = the peasant farmhand
Line 5: tudzież Ludwika Wieczorka = likewise Ludwik Wieczorek (tudzież is an adverb meaning, likewise, also, etc.
Lines 5 & 6: obydwuch włoscian zagrodników = both peasant gardeners (in contemporary spelling obybwuch would be obydwóch). A zagrodnik was not employed as a gardener. The term described the individual as the owner a cottage and sufficient land for a garden and perhaps some animals but no farm fields for crop production.)
Lines 7 & 8 9: oświadczając iż temu urodzone… z niego i z jego małżonki Maryanny z Wronakowskich = declaring that this (child) is born of him and of his wife Maryanna nee Wronakowska
Lines 10 &11: Dziecięciu temu...przezemnie niżej podpisanego odbytym… = To this child at the Holy Baptism performed this day by me, the undersigned…
Akt ten… = concludes with the usual formula.

Vocabulary Distinguishing Classes of Peasants, Nobles, & Clergy.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Vocabulary Distinguishing Classes of Peasants, Nobles, & Clergy.pdf
 Filesize:  18.35 KB
 Downloaded:  331 Time(s)

Dawn K

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:47 am      Post subject: Thank You

Thank you, Dave, for reviewing and correcting the baptismal record. I am so happy that I found this forum and the incredible resources that this group has provided. The vocabulary list has already answered some questions that I had with other records. THANK YOU!
- Dawn
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:31 pm      Post subject: Please translate Zolnierzak death record

Hello,

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could please translate this death record for Mateusz Zolnierzak. From what I can make out, he died January 22, 1812, age 55. Also, it looks like his death was reported by his brother, Mikolaj Zolnierzak, age 57? I am having trouble deciphering the rest. This is an important record because if I am reading it correctly, and it does say Mikolaj was his brother, then I have found a document that links me to living relatives I have recently discovered!

I don't want to get my hopes up too much until I get an expert to actually translate this record.

Many Thanks for your help,
Cynthia

1812 Mateusz Z. death.jpg
 Description:
1812 Mateusz Zolnierzak death record
 Filesize:  250.57 KB

1812 Mateusz Z. death.jpg

Send e-mail
sarahf3667

Replies: 22

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:17 am      Post subject: Translation request

Hi, I wondered if anyone could possibly help me translate the attached birth record for my grandfather? I am struggling with the handwriting. Many thanks,

Sarah Smile

10.2.129.26_SMTP_via_LDAP_10-31-2018_08-19-34.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  10.2.129.26_SMTP_via_LDAP_10-31-2018_08-19-34.pdf
 Filesize:  149.49 KB
 Downloaded:  535 Time(s)

Send e-mail
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:12 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation request

sarahf3667 wrote:
Hi, I wondered if anyone could possibly help me translate the attached birth record for my grandfather? I am struggling with the handwriting. Many thanks,

Sarah Smile

Sarah,
I am not a full polish reader. This is what I've got:
Warsaw. Pelcowina neighborhood. St. Jadwiga parish.
August 31, 1924 at 1 p.m.
Waclaw 'can't read his surname', a locksmith, 25 years old, residing at Torunska street nr. 42 in Pelcowina.
In the presence of (the witnesses) Maksymilyan Fijalkiewicz, a mason, and Stefan Tobelski (?), a locksmith, both of age, residing in Pelcowina, presented us a child of the masculine sex, declaring it was born in Pelcowina, on August 7 of the current year, at 3 a.m., son of his legitimate wife Janina, nee Brejwo(?), 22 years old.
On the same day the child was baptized and was given the name Ryszard Kazimierz.
Godparents were the forementioned Maksymilyan Fijalkiewicz and Bronislawa Dabrowski.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Dawn K

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:26 pm      Post subject: Request Help with Marriage Record of Jacob Kotowski

I would appreciate some help with transcribing and translating the marriage record of Jacob Kotowski and Salomea Łada. The record is from the Puchały parish. This is as far as I can get after comparing it to some of the other translations on the forum.

Działo się w Puchałach dnia dwadziestego piątego listopada tysiąc osiemset trzydziestego roku, o godzinie trzeciej po południa. Wiadomo czyniemy że w przytomnosći swiadkow Szlachty, Stanislawa Buczynskiego, lat trzydzieści trzy, i Franciszka Buczynskiego, lat trzydzieści maiących, obydwu we wsi Szeligach zamieszkały z rolniktwa żyiących na, dniu dzisiejszym zawarłe zostało religijnie małżenstwo między Jakobem Kotowskim wdowum lat pięćdziesiat siedem mającym urodzoną i z roku żyiącysn we wsi rzeszewy synem Szlachty niegdy Jana i Ewy Kotowskich, a panna Salomea, corka Szlachty Piotra i niegdy Rozalii ŁLadan urodzona i żyiącą prży ___ we wsi Gronostaiach lat dwadziescia ośm liczącą Małżenstow to poprzedziły dwie dyspensy z Konsystorza Łomzysiskcigo wydane, tudzież dwci zapowiedzie w dniach ozternastym i dwadziestym pierwszym miesiąca roku idących w Parafii Puchalskiej, jako też zezwolenie ustne obyea zaślubioney było swiadkwo. Tamowanie małżenstwa nie zaszło. Małzonkowie nowi oświadczaią zi umowy przedslubny nie zawarli urządownie.

Rough translation:
It happened in Puchały on the day on the twenty-fifth of November one thousand eight hundred and thirty, at three o'clock in the afternoon. We make it known that in consciousness of witnesses, noble, Stanisław Buczynski thirty-three years old, and Franciszka Buczynski, thirty years old, both of them lived in the village of Szeligi from farmers living, today a religious marriage was conducted between Jakob Kotowski, widow fifty-seven years old, born and living in the village of Rzeszów, the son of the noble, deceased Jan and Ewa Kotowski, and Miss Salomea, daughter of nobles Piotr and deceased Rozalia Ładan born and living ___ in the village Gronostai, twenty-eight years old. The marriage was preceded by two dispensations from Consistory Łomza issued, or two will announce on the thirteenth and the twenty-first of the month of the year in Puchalska Parish, as well oral permission ?___ to be married was given by witnesses?. No opposition to the marriage had happened. The new spouses declare that they have not entered into any prenuptial agreement.

I'd also be interested to know the significance of the dispensations.

Thanks in advance.
- Dawn

Puchaly_Baptism_1830_Kotowski_Jakub-Lada_Salomea_a.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.68 MB

Puchaly_Baptism_1830_Kotowski_Jakub-Lada_Salomea_a.jpg

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2782

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:03 pm      Post subject: Re: Request Help with Marriage Record of Jacob Kotowski

Dawn K wrote:
I would appreciate some help with transcribing and translating the marriage record of Jacob Kotowski and Salomea Łada. The record is from the Puchały parish. This is as far as I can get after comparing it to some of the other translations on the forum.

Działo się w Puchałach dnia dwadziestego piątego listopada tysiąc osiemset trzydziestego roku, o godzinie trzeciej po południa. Wiadomo czyniemy że w przytomnosći swiadkow Szlachty, Stanislawa Buczynskiego, lat trzydzieści trzy, i Franciszka Buczynskiego, lat trzydzieści maiących, obydwu we wsi Szeligach zamieszkały z rolniktwa żyiących na, dniu dzisiejszym zawarłe zostało religijnie małżenstwo między Jakobem Kotowskim wdowum lat pięćdziesiat siedem mającym urodzoną i z roku żyiącysn we wsi rzeszewy synem Szlachty niegdy Jana i Ewy Kotowskich, a panna Salomea, corka Szlachty Piotra i niegdy Rozalii ŁLadan urodzona i żyiącą prży ___ we wsi Gronostaiach lat dwadziescia ośm liczącą Małżenstow to poprzedziły dwie dyspensy z Konsystorza Łomzysiskcigo wydane, tudzież dwci zapowiedzie w dniach ozternastym i dwadziestym pierwszym miesiąca roku idących w Parafii Puchalskiej, jako też zezwolenie ustne obyea zaślubioney było swiadkwo. Tamowanie małżenstwa nie zaszło. Małzonkowie nowi oświadczaią zi umowy przedslubny nie zawarli urządownie.

Rough translation:
It happened in Puchały on the day on the twenty-fifth of November one thousand eight hundred and thirty, at three o'clock in the afternoon. We make it known that in consciousness of witnesses, noble, Stanisław Buczynski thirty-three years old, and Franciszka Buczynski, thirty years old, both of them lived in the village of Szeligi from farmers living, today a religious marriage was conducted between Jakob Kotowski, widow fifty-seven years old, born and living in the village of Rzeszów, the son of the noble, deceased Jan and Ewa Kotowski, and Miss Salomea, daughter of nobles Piotr and deceased Rozalia Ładan born and living ___ in the village Gronostai, twenty-eight years old. The marriage was preceded by two dispensations from Consistory Łomza issued, or two will announce on the thirteenth and the twenty-first of the month of the year in Puchalska Parish, as well oral permission ?___ to be married was given by witnesses?. No opposition to the marriage had happened. The new spouses declare that they have not entered into any prenuptial agreement.

I'd also be interested to know the significance of the dispensations.

Thanks in advance.
- Dawn

Hi Dawn,

Once again you did a good job of reading & translating the document. The word you could not decipher in line 6 is oycu (in contemporary Polish: ojcu) and it means “with (her) father”. In others words, she was living in the home of her father under his tutelage.

Here are some changes I would make to the translation:

It happened in Puchały on the twenty-fifth day of November one thousand eight hundred and thirty, at three o'clock in the afternoon. We make it known that in consciousness* of witnesses, the noble Stanisław Buczynski thirty-three years old, and (the noble) Franciszek Buczynski, thirty years old, both of them living in the village of Szeligi and earning their living from farming/agriculture today a religious marriage was conducted between Jakob Kotowski, a widower, fifty-seven years old, born and living in the village of Rzeszów**, the son of the noble, the deceased Jan and Ewa Kotowski, and Miss Salomea, daughter of nobles Piotr and the deceased Rozalia Ładan*** born and living with her father in the village of Gronostaje, twenty-eight years old. The marriage was preceded by two dispensations granted from/by the Consistory**** of Łomza, and also by two announcements of the banns on the thirteenth and the twenty-first of the current month and year in the Parish of Puchały, as well as the witnessed oral permission given to the bride by her father. No opposition to the marriage had happened. The new spouses declare that they have not entered into any prenuptial agreement.

Notes: *In simple English it means “in the presence of”. W przytomności implies that the witnesses were aware of what was taking place.
**I don’t see the village name as Rzeszów
***I see the name as Łada. The Polish reads Ładów, the Genitive Plural. The Nominative Singular most likely is Łada.
****An unusual word choice. A consistory in R.C. Church lingo usually refers to a gathering of prelates---usually to give advice. Papal consistories are frequently gatherings in which new cardinals are elevated. The word one would expect would be “Chancery”. This all refers to the two dispensations granted. The document does not specify what the dispensations were from. From the text it appears that there was a dispensation from one announcement of the banns---something the local pastor was able to grant on his own. Thus it is most unlikely either of the 2 dispensations were from the banns. There were a fairly large number of impediments which could require a dispensation. The most likely culprits would be from either consanguinity or from affinity. Consanguinity, of course, would be from some form of blood relationship. Affinity arises from relationships formed by/through law. More degrees of affinity required a dispensation during the 19th Century than today. A good example of affinity would involve King Henry VIII of England and Catherine of Aragon. Catherine had been married to Henry’s brother which made her Henry’s sister-in-law (that’s affinity). His brother died and for reasons of state a dispensation from affinity was granted so that Henry could marry his brother’s widow. Of course, the whole plan unraveled years later when Henry was fixated on having a male heir and Catherine was getting long in the tooth. Suffice it to say that the whole deal led to five more wives for good old Henry.

It is likely that the ecclesiastical marriage register (in Latin) would specify the nature of the 2 dispensations. From this civil transcript it is all speculative.

Hope this helps.

Dave

P.S. The specific meaning of szlachty is found in the earlier attached PDF.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 409, 410, 411 ... 579, 580, 581  Next Page 410 of 581

Jump to: