PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 433, 434, 435 ... 579, 580, 581  Next
Author

Replies: 111

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:15 am      Post subject: Byton

I have the 1856 death for Wincety Sawiak (Byton Parish) and would appreciate help with the translation. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by hannahdudek on Thu May 09, 2019 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
poljim

Replies: 7

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:45 pm      Post subject: Request

Hello. I have an 1818 marriage record for my 3x-great grandparents Stanislaw Zaskiewicz and Wiktoria Izbicki at the Wigry Parish. I had originally posted this request on March 14th, and don't know if it just got passed over or something. I deleted that post to avoid any double posting. I actually deleted three prior requests that all seemed to have been skipped over without a response.

If the record is too difficult to translate, that's fine. Just let me know. No worries, I'll find another way. You all do great work here. Thanks, and I apologize for reposting this record. I deleted everything else.

Last edited by poljim on Fri May 10, 2019 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
treich

Replies: 167

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:14 am      Post subject: Transcription Help

Can someone please help me transcribe this passage? I am unable to decipher the first word. Thank you.

Annotation 2019-05-09 071415.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  82.26 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Annotation 2019-05-09 071415.png

Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 172

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:17 am      Post subject: Re: Transcription Help

treich wrote:
Can someone please help me transcribe this passage? I am unable to decipher the first word. Thank you.

The translation of the whole passage is as follows:
“Because the witnesses did not know how to write.“
The first word of the passage in Polish is “gdyz”, literally meaning “because”.
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:14 am      Post subject: Re: Byton

hannahdudek wrote:
I have the 1856 death for Wincety Sawiak (Byton Parish) and would appreciate help with the translation. Thanks in advance.

50. Strozew. It came to pass on the third day of November in the year of one thousand eight hundred and fifty-six, at the hour of one in the afternoon, in the Village of Byton. Appeared personally Michal Lewandoski, a hostler, forty years of age, and Tomasz Golebieski, a tenant farmer, thirty-five years of age, both from Strozew, and jointly testified that Wincenty Sawiak, eighty years of age, born in Strozew, the son of unknown parents, had deceased on the thirty-first day of October of the current year, at the hour of twelve at night, in Strozew, leaving behind him his widowed wife Ewa and his children, {namely} Wincenty, Maryanna, Rozalia, {illegible}. After the departure of Wincenty was visually ascertained, the present certificate was read aloud to the witnesses present, who did not know how to write, and subsequently signed by myself.
hannahdudek

Replies: 111

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:19 am      Post subject: Thanks

Thank you Fantom for the Sawiak translation. I appreciate your help.
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:47 am      Post subject: Re: Request

poljim wrote:
Hello. I have an 1818 marriage record for my 3x-great grandparents Stanislaw Zaskiewicz and Wiktoria Izbicki at the Wigry Parish. I had originally posted this request on March 14th, and don't know if it just got passed over or something. I deleted that post to avoid any double posting. I actually deleted three prior requests that all seemed to have been skipped over without a response.

If the record is too difficult to translate, that's fine. Just let me know. No worries, I'll find another way. You all do great work here. Thanks, and I apologize for reposting this record. I deleted everything else.

No. 9. Village of Nowa. On this, the twenty-ninth day of the month of October in the year of one thousand eight hundred and eighteen, at the hour of one in the afternoon, before me, the Bailiff in Wigry, performing the duties of the Civil Registrar of Wigry Commune in Dabrowa County within Augustow Voivodeship, personally appeared Stanislaw Zaskiewicz, the bachelor who at that time, according to the birth certificate taken out from the books of the church in Suwalki, which was submitted to us, was thirty-three years of age, and residing in the Village of Sobolewo, and the maiden Wiktorya Izbicki who, by means of the birth certificate taken out from the books of the church in Wigry, which she submitted to us, proved that she was twenty-four years of age, and at that time was staying at her parental house, accompanied by her mother Maryanna Izbicki nee Czuprynski. The parties present insisted that we proceed to solemnize the marriage arranged between them for which the banns had been made in front of the door of our communal house as follows: the first ones on the eighteenth and the second ones on the twenty-fifth day of the month of October of the current year, at the hour of twelve, at noon. Since no notification with regard to existing impediments to said marriage had been conveyed to ourselves and the parties hereby consented to solemnizing the marriage, therefore we, acceding to the demands of the parties present, after reading out all the above-mentioned documents and Section Six of the Napoleonic Code treating of marriage, asked the prospective husband and the prospective wife whether they wished to be joined to each other in a lawful wedlock, whereunto each of them, individually, replied that such was their will, and we declared in the name of law that the bachelor Stanislaw Zaskiewicz and the maiden Wiktorya Izbicki were joined to each other in a lawful wedlock, and the certificate of that was drawn up in the presence of Wojciech Nienurtowicz, forty years of age, and Jakub Dudkowski, forty years of age, both of them being farmers residing in the Village of Sobolewo, and also Wojciech Izbicki, thirty years of age, and Jozef Stronowski, thirty-eight years of age, both of them being farmers residing in the Village of Nowa situated within Wigry Commune. The present certificate was read aloud to the appearers and subsequently signed by myself, Civil Registrar, while the herein aforementioned persons did not know how to write.

Priest Felix Naruszewicz (signed), performing the duties of the Civil Registrar
poljim

Replies: 7

Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:25 pm      Post subject: Thank You

Fantom, I really want to thank you for the Zaskiewicz marriage translation. I'll be looking over the details to see where things take me.
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4195

Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:20 am      Post subject: Re: Varniai Lithuania Parish Death Record Translation

David2019 wrote:
Hi Marcel, could you help me translate the attached death record for Aleksandra Giedwillowa (this is the mother of the baby in the Titus birth record that I recently posted on the Russian Forum). I'm particularly interested in whether the husband Alojzy is still alive (and any other info it might say about him). And is it correct that all of the children listed were living at the time (I assume)?

Thank you very much.

Dave

column 1: 53
column 2: 30
column 3: 40
column 4: Anno Domino 1846, 30th April in landed property Polepkalni? died Alensandra Giedwiłło nee Bortkiewicz. She was anointed with the sacrament of the sick.
column 5: nobleman: Alojzy Giedwiłło, former boundary judge of Telsze county(a court that dealt with the settlement of border disputes between neighbors), 40 years old husband, Wornie parishioner. She left her sons: Aleksander, Witold, Bogusław, Tytus and daughters: Kazimiera, Emilia and Konstancja.
column 6: Her body was burried by the Inspector of the Telszew Diocesian Seminary Tadeusz Juzumowicz in company of 7 priests. The funeral took place at Wornie parish cemetery on the 2nd day of May 1846.
column 7: Giedwiłło.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
waipepe

Replies: 31

Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:28 am      Post subject:

Hi Marcel,

could you please translate for me? I believe this to be the birth records for my 3x great grandparents eldest child. Marianna Lasota
Thanks you so much!
Joanna

Marianna Lasota 1826ur.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.03 MB

Marianna Lasota 1826ur.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:17 am      Post subject:

waipepe wrote:
Hi Marcel,

could you please translate for me? I believe this to be the birth records for my 3x great grandparents eldest child. Marianna Lasota
Thanks you so much!
Joanna

Będzin

It happened in the city Będzin on the 7th day of December 1826 at 6 a.m. Appeared Antoni Lasota, 28 years old, shoemaker from Będzin in the presence of Mikołaj Fryślacki, 40 years old and Florian Wróbel, 30 years old, both farmers from Bedzin and presented Us a female child born yesterday in Będzin at 5 a.m. with his wife Katarzyna nee Koźlikiewicz, 20 years old.
At The Holy Baptism held today the child was given the name Marianna and the godparents were: mentioned above Mikołaj Fryślacki and Marianna Wróbel.
This act was read to the declarant and witnesses and signed by Us, child's father. Witnesses are illiterate.

priest Wawrzyniec Hachulski, Bedzin parish parson.

PolishStrong

Replies: 20

Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:13 pm      Post subject: Translation Request

I would love to have what I believe to be my grandmother's birth/baptism record translated. This record comes from the Catholic Parish of Garecko Koscielne. I believe my Babci (Maria Czochra) was born in 1909, in Sochy, Poland, to Jan Czochra and Agnieszka Czochra nee Paweszka.
Thank you very much.
-Brian

Second cropped version possible birth documentation of Maria Czochra to Jan Czochra and Ages Paweska 1909 Sochy Poland! - Edited.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  545.99 KB

Second cropped version  possible birth documentation of Maria Czochra to Jan Czochra and Ages Paweska 1909 Sochy Poland! - Edited.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:23 am      Post subject: Re: Translation Request

PolishStrong wrote:
I would love to have what I believe to be my grandmother's birth/baptism record translated. This record comes from the Catholic Parish of Garecko Koscielne. I believe my Babci (Maria Czochra) was born in 1909, in Sochy, Poland, to Jan Czochra and Agnieszka Czochra nee Paweszka.
Thank you very much.
-Brian

Nr 29
Sochy
Marianna Czochra

It happened in the village Górecko on the 20th day of December 1909/2nd day of January 1910 at 2 p.m. Appeared in person Jan Czochra, 44 years old, peasant, farmer living in the village Sochy in the presence of Jan Ziomka, 28 years old and Łukasz Cielica, 28 years old, peasants, farmers living in the village Sochy and presented Us a female child born in the village Sochy on the 14th/27th day of December 1909 at 2 a.m. with his legal wife Agnieszka nee Pawenzka, 37 years old.
At The Holy baptism held today by the priest Stanisław Soszyński the child was given the name Marianna and the godparents were Jan Ziomka and Anna Psiuk.
This act was read to the illiterate declarant and witnesses and signed only by Us.
priest W. Krawciński signature, serving as Civil Registrar.

PolishStrong

Replies: 20

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:37 pm      Post subject: Thank you

Thank you Marcel. I have found what I believe to be my great-grandmother's birth/baptism record. If possible, may I ask for this to be translated as well? Her name is Agnieszka Paweszka. This means so much. Thank you.

possible birth of Agnieszka Paweszka 1871 - Edited.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  488.74 KB

possible birth of Agnieszka Paweszka 1871 - Edited.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:16 am      Post subject: Re: Thank you

PolishStrong wrote:
Thank you Marcel. I have found what I believe to be my great-grandmother's birth/baptism record. If possible, may I ask for this to be translated as well? Her name is Agnieszka Paweszka. This means so much. Thank you.

Nr 181
Aleksandrów

It happened in the village Gorecko on the 24th day of October/5th day of November 1871 at 1 p.m. Appeared in person Kazimierz Pawęzka, peasant, living in the village Aleksandrów, 35 years old in the presence of Piotr Komada, 26 years old and Jan Gumiela, 24 years old, both peasants living in the village Aleksandrów and presented us a female child informing that the child was born in the village Aleksandrów on the 22nd day of October/3rd day of November of the current year at 1 p.m. with his legal wife Katarzyna nee Gumiela, 42 years old.
At The Holy Baptism held today by the priest Szymon Gałecki the child wa given the name Agnieszka and the godparents were: mentioned above Piotr Komada and Agnieszka Miałkowa.
This act was read to the declarant and witnesses, all illiterate and signed by us.

priest Kliciński sigantutre, Gorecko romancatholic parish parson.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 433, 434, 435 ... 579, 580, 581  Next Page 434 of 581

Jump to: