PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 459, 460, 461 ... 579, 580, 581  Next
Author

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:00 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation Request

nshefler wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
nshefler wrote:
I have a few birth records that I'd really appreciate some help with translating. I tried to pick out the names, but as I don't speak Polish, I cannot actually read the records. Thank you!

I am working on it.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your offer to help. I've been struggling with them for a while.

marchelproust have you managed to translate any of the records I asked about? I don't mean to rush you since I know that translations can be very time consuming- I'm just very curious to find out what the records say!
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4203

Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:22 am      Post subject: Re: Translation Request

nshefler wrote:
nshefler wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
nshefler wrote:
I have a few birth records that I'd really appreciate some help with translating. I tried to pick out the names, but as I don't speak Polish, I cannot actually read the records. Thank you!

I am working on it.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your offer to help. I've been struggling with them for a while.

marchelproust have you managed to translate any of the records I asked about? I don't mean to rush you since I know that translations can be very time consuming- I'm just very curious to find out what the records say!

I remember and i will do it today Smile

PAYPAL: [email protected]
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:03 am      Post subject: Re: marriage Antoni Samelko translation

adamsam wrote:
Lets try this again, the documents do not have a direct link as best as I can determine as they have to be viewed at a LDS center. I have been doing this as third party and copies of the documents are sent to me. Attached are the two parts of the Samelko - Trzonkowska marriage 1823 and also found the document of his son Kazmierz Samelko - Skrodzka Act 24 dated 1853. Please translate the documents.

A donation has been sent to your e mail address thru paypal. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ciemianka
and
Ławsk

It happened on the 26th day of January 1823.
In front of Us, priest Ignacy Rakowski, Grabowo parish parson, serving as Civil Registrar for Grabowo commune located in Biebrza county in Augustów district and voivodeship, appeared:

peasant Antoni Samełka, a young man, according to the birth certificate extracted from Wąsosz parish church book: 27 years old, living in the village Ławsk, son of late Sylwester and Marianna nee Arciszewska, spouses Samełka who lived in Ławsk

and

Marianna Trzonkowska, a miss, 18 years old, daughter of Wojciech Trzonkowski and late Anna Trzonkowska nee Żebrowska who lived in Ciemianka. She appeared in the presence of her father, mentioned above.

Both parties demand Us to began arranged between them marriage, whose announcements came out in front of the main door of our commune house, it is: the first on the 12th day of January and the second on the 20th day of January of the current year, at 12 o'clock at noon. There were no obstacles to this marriage and newlyweds' parents and cousins allowed for this marriage. We read all the aforementioned papers and the 6th chapter of the Napoleonic Civil Code, titled: "About Marriage", we asked the future spouse [him] and a future spouse [her] if they want to marry with each other. When each of them separately responded that this is their will, we declare in the name of law that:

peasant Antoni Samełka, a young man and Marianna Trzonkowska, a miss are joined in the marriage union. We wrote down the act of marriage in the presence of peasants:

Wawrzyniec Samełka, 30 years old, living in the village Ławsk, groom's first cousin, Stanisław Tarnacki, 23 years old living in Ławsk, groom's first cousin (groom mother sister's son), Józef Trzonkowski, 37 years old and Maciej Trzonkowski, 60 years old, bride's uncles, both living in the village Ciemianka.

This act was read to the newlyweds and signed by Us because people mentioned in this act are illiterate.

Priest Ignacy Rakowski, Grabowo parish parson, serving as Civil Registrar for Grabowo commune.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Nr 24
Gnatowo
and
Grabowskie

It happened in the village Grabowo on the 2nd/14th day of November 1853, at 3 p.m.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses:
Maciej Skrodzki, 30 years old, bride's brother and Gabriel Grabowski, 31 years old living in Grabowskie, both farmers
a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Kazimierz Samełka, a young man, living in Grabowskie with his parents, born in the village Grabowskie, son of Antoni and Marianna nee Trząkowska, spouses Samełka, 19 years old

and

Rozalia Skrodzka, daughter of spouses: late Stanisław and Petronela Skrodzka nee Pożarowska, 23 years old, born in Żebrki, living in Grabowskie, farmer.

This marriage was preceded by the 3 banns of marriage announced on Sundays: 18/30 October, 25 October/6 November and 1/13 November of the current year in Grabowskie and Romany parishes.

Groom's father, present at writing this marriage act, gave oral permission for this marriage.

There were no obstacles to this marriage.
Newlyweds declared they did not make prenuptial agreement.

This act was read to the illiterate newlyweds and witnesses.

Signed by the parish's parson.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:47 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation Request

nshefler wrote:

It happened in the town Horodło on the 5th day of September 1843, at 5 p.m.
Appeared Jakub Bromirski, weaver, living in Horodło, 30 years old, in the presence of Daniel Haczkiewicz, 54 years old and Paweł Koczyński, weaver, 40 years old, both living in Horodło and presented Us a male child, born in Horodło on the 4th day of September of the current year, at 6 a.m. with his wife Tekla nee Demuszewska, 28 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Ignacy and the godparents were: aforementioned Daniel Haczkiewicz and Katarzyna Kuzikowska.
This act was read to the declarant and witnesses and signed by the witness Haśkiewicz, child's father and witness Koczyński are illiterate.
Priest Jan Piskorski, Horodło parish parson, Lublin canon.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

It happened in the town Horodło on the 11th day of October 1840, at 5 p.m.
Appeared Jakub Bromirski, weaver, living in Horodło, 29 years old, in the presence of Maciej Szymański, painter 50 years old and Maciej Urbaniak, locksmith, 24 years old, both living in Horodło and presented Us a male child, born in Horodło on the 10th day of October of the current year, at 9 p.m. with his wife Tekla nee Demuszewska, 27 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Feliks and the godparents were: aforementioned Maciej Szymański and Julianna Kulikowa.
This act was read to the declarant and witnesses and signed by the witness Szymański, child's father and witness Urbaniak are illiterate.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

nshefler

Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:56 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation Request

marcelproust wrote:
nshefler wrote:

It happened in the town Horodło on the 5th day of September 1843, at 5 p.m.
Appeared Jakub Bromirski, weaver, living in Horodło, 30 years old, in the presence of Daniel Haczkiewicz, 54 years old and Paweł Koczyński, weaver, 40 years old, both living in Horodło and presented Us a male child, born in Horodło on the 4th day of September of the current year, at 6 a.m. with his wife Tekla nee Demuszewska, 28 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Ignacy and the godparents were: aforementioned Daniel Haczkiewicz and Katarzyna Kuzikowska.
This act was read to the declarant and witnesses and signed by the witness Haśkiewicz, child's father and witness Koczyński are illiterate.

It happened in the town Horodło on the 11th day of October 1840, at 5 p.m.
Appeared Jakub Bromirski, weaver, living in Horodło, 29 years old, in the presence of Maciej Szymański, painter 50 years old and Maciej Urbaniak, locksmith, 24 years old, both living in Horodło and presented Us a male child, born in Horodło on the 10th day of October of the current year, at 9 p.m. with his wife Tekla nee Demuszewska, 27 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Feliks and the godparents were: aforementioned Maciej Szymański and Julianna Kulikowa.
This act was read to the declarant and witnesses and signed by the witness Szymański, child's father and witness Urbaniak are illiterate.

Thank you so much for translating the first couple records! It's provided a lot of information for my continued family research. I really appreciate it.
adamsam

Replies: 73

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:53 am      Post subject: Re: marriage Antoni Samelko translation

marcelproust wrote:
adamsam wrote:
Lets try this again, the documents do not have a direct link as best as I can determine as they have to be viewed at a LDS center. I have been doing this as third party and copies of the documents are sent to me. Attached are the two parts of the Samelko - Trzonkowska marriage 1823 and also found the document of his son Kazmierz Samelko - Skrodzka Act 24 dated 1853. Please translate the documents.

A donation has been sent to your e mail address thru paypal. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ciemianka
and
Ławsk

It happened on the 26th day of January 1823.
In front of Us, priest Ignacy Rakowski, Grabowo parish parson, serving as Civil Registrar for Grabowo commune located in Biebrza county in Augustów district and voivodeship, appeared:

peasant Antoni Samełka, a young man, according to the birth certificate extracted from Wąsosz parish church book: 27 years old, living in the village Ławsk, son of late Sylwester and Marianna nee Arciszewska, spouses Samełka who lived in Ławsk

and

Marianna Trzonkowska, a miss, 18 years old, daughter of Wojciech Trzonkowski and late Anna Trzonkowska nee Żebrowska who lived in Ciemianka. She appeared in the presence of her father, mentioned above.

Both parties demand Us to began arranged between them marriage, whose announcements came out in front of the main door of our commune house, it is: the first on the 12th day of January and the second on the 20th day of January of the current year, at 12 o'clock at noon. There were no obstacles to this marriage and newlyweds' parents and cousins allowed for this marriage. We read all the aforementioned papers and the 6th chapter of the Napoleonic Civil Code, titled: "About Marriage", we asked the future spouse [him] and a future spouse [her] if they want to marry with each other. When each of them separately responded that this is their will, we declare in the name of law that:

peasant Antoni Samełka, a young man and Marianna Trzonkowska, a miss are joined in the marriage union. We wrote down the act of marriage in the presence of peasants:

Wawrzyniec Samełka, 30 years old, living in the village Ławsk, groom's first cousin, Stanisław Tarnacki, 23 years old living in Ławsk, groom's first cousin (groom mother sister's son), Józef Trzonkowski, 37 years old and Maciej Trzonkowski, 60 years old, bride's uncles, both living in the village Ciemianka.

This act was read to the newlyweds and signed by Us because people mentioned in this act are illiterate.

Priest Ignacy Rakowski, Grabowo parish parson, serving as Civil Registrar for Grabowo commune.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Nr 24
Gnatowo
and
Grabowskie

It happened in the village Grabowo on the 2nd/14th day of November 1853, at 3 p.m.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses:
Maciej Skrodzki, 30 years old, bride's brother and Gabriel Grabowski, 31 years old living in Grabowskie, both farmers
a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Kazimierz Samełka, a young man, living in Grabowskie with his parents, born in the village Grabowskie, son of Antoni and Marianna nee Trząkowska, spouses Samełka, 19 years old

and

Rozalia Skrodzka, daughter of spouses: late Stanisław and Petronela Skrodzka nee Pożarowska, 23 years old, born in Żebrki, living in Grabowskie, farmer.

This marriage was preceded by the 3 banns of marriage announced on Sundays: 18/30 October, 25 October/6 November and 1/13 November of the current year in Grabowskie and Romany parishes.

Groom's father, present at writing this marriage act, gave oral permission for this marriage.

There were no obstacles to this marriage.
Newlyweds declared they did not make prenuptial agreement.

This act was read to the illiterate newlyweds and witnesses.

Signed by the parish's parson.

thank you for the translations. I now have a link between the Samelko family in Romany and the Samelko family in the Wasosz area. It has been a long time coming but worth the wait; I have much research to do. Again, thanks so much!!!
a4u2fear

Replies: 230

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:27 pm      Post subject:

Marcel,

please visit this scan https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSMZ-B74D-S?i=45&cat=736853

It does not matter which you look at, but im trying to look through these records, but I can't read them. Usually I can spot a name that is underlined to show the name of the baptised child.

I have been looking at the very end of each entry at the names/signatures to see if they are the one I'm looking for. Can you tell me if the father's names are always listed at the bottom? Or not?

Is there a better way to look for the names ?
Bchs0079

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:12 pm      Post subject: City

Hi, I’m trying to find my Great Grandmother’s birth place. I received her vessel record from the Canadian Government. I am wondering if anyone can tell me where this place in Poland, or what the more recent city name is.
Thank you

66218101-633B-48BF-BE1E-D6F34E1FCE30.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  67.12 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

66218101-633B-48BF-BE1E-D6F34E1FCE30.jpeg

David2019

Replies: 35

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:28 pm      Post subject: Byczyna Parish Death Translation

Hi,

Can you assist me with the finer details in my 4G grandfather's death record from Byczyna parish 1838?

Thanks,

Dave

Duplicate Radziejow (Byczyna) Death 1838 Ignacy Dabrowski.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.85 MB

Duplicate Radziejow (Byczyna) Death 1838 Ignacy Dabrowski.png

crispm28
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 133

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:14 pm      Post subject: Marriage record Zych Marianna & Kowal Roch

Hello, Could I please get a translation of marriage record of Zych Marianna & Kowal Roch. Thank you in advance.
Christine

Zych Marianna_Kowal Roch m. 11-17-1810 #5 pg1 httpmetryki.genealodzy.plmetryka.phpar=3&zs=1468d&sy=1810b&kt=1&plik=005..JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  186.42 KB

Zych Marianna_Kowal Roch m. 11-17-1810 #5 pg1 httpmetryki.genealodzy.plmetryka.phpar=3&zs=1468d&sy=1810b&kt=1&plik=005..JPG

Zych Marianna_Kowal Roch m.11-17-1810 #5 pg2 httpmetryki.genealodzy.plmetryka.phpar=3&zs=1468d&sy=1810b&kt=1&plik=006..JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  180.98 KB

Zych Marianna_Kowal Roch m.11-17-1810 #5 pg2 httpmetryki.genealodzy.plmetryka.phpar=3&zs=1468d&sy=1810b&kt=1&plik=006..JPG

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:52 am      Post subject:

a4u2fear wrote:
Marcel,

please visit this scan https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSMZ-B74D-S?i=45&cat=736853

It does not matter which you look at, but im trying to look through these records, but I can't read them. Usually I can spot a name that is underlined to show the name of the baptised child.

I have been looking at the very end of each entry at the names/signatures to see if they are the one I'm looking for. Can you tell me if the father's names are always listed at the bottom? Or not?

Is there a better way to look for the names ?

I am working on it.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:52 am      Post subject: Re: Byczyna Parish Death Translation

David2019 wrote:
Hi,

Can you assist me with the finer details in my 4G grandfather's death record from Byczyna parish 1838?

Thanks,

Dave

I am working on it.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:52 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage record Zych Marianna & Kowal Roch

crispm28 wrote:
Hello, Could I please get a translation of marriage record of Zych Marianna & Kowal Roch. Thank you in advance.
Christine

I am working on it.

Halkamm

Replies: 9

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:40 pm      Post subject: Polish record translations

Thanks for this translation!

Romata_Zebrowska_B_Lipno_1841.jpg (1).jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.02 MB

Romata_Zebrowska_B_Lipno_1841.jpg (1).jpeg

Jan_Zebroski_Baptism.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  72.97 KB

Jan_Zebroski_Baptism.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:23 pm      Post subject: Re: Polish record translations

Halkamm wrote:
Thanks for this translation!

Kikół

It happened in Lipno on the 9th/21st day of February 1841, at 1 p.m.
Appeared Jan Zebrowski, carpenter, 25 years old, living in Kikół, in the presence of Gotlib Banzemer, miller, 38 years old, living in Nietrzeba and August Fryderyk, tenant, 38 years old, living in Ostrowite and presented a female child, born in Kikół on the 26th day of January/7th day of February of the current year, at 9 a.m., with his wife Zuzanna nee Szmyt, 24 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the names: Romualda Emma, in the presence of Maria Szmyt and Eleonora Szmyt.
This act was read to the declarant and witnesses who informed they are illiterate.

priest's signature: Karol Pastenacy
August Frydrych (in the contents of this act there is written Fryderyk)

________________________________________________________________________________

Nr 110
Kikół

It happened in Lipno on the 16th/28th day of May 1855, at 4 p.m.
Appeared Jan Zebrowski, carpenter, 43 years old, living in Kikół, in the presence of the witnesses Gotlyb Bandzemer, miller, 52 years old, living in Nietrzeba and Ferdynand Blok, miller living in Wola, 23 years old and presented a male child, born in Kikół on the 23rd day of April/5th day of May of the current year, at 7 a.m., with his wife Zuzanna nee Szmit, 41 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the names: Jan Rudolf, and the godparents of this child were: Ferdynand Blok and Wilhelmina Bandzemer.
This act was read to the declarant and witnesses who informed they are illiterate and signed by Us only.

priest's signature: Karol Pastenacy
Banzemer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 459, 460, 461 ... 579, 580, 581  Next Page 460 of 581

Jump to: