PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 463, 464, 465 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4187

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:37 am      Post subject: Re: Please translate Krygier Marriage record

mcdonald0517 wrote:
Hello,

When you have the opportunity, I would appreciate a translation of this marriage record for Bronislaw Jan Krygier. Please also translate the note in the margin.

Thank you so much,
Cynthia

Nr 260

Krygier Bronisław Jan-Andaszek Kazimiera

It happened in Łódź town in the church office of Saint Joseph's parish on the 27th September 1924.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses:

Adam Szypiowski, teacher and Henryk Krygier, office worker, both of age, living in Łódź,

a reigious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Bronisław Jan Krygier, a single man, book-keeper, 23 years old, born in Łódź in parish of Holy Cross, living in Łódź at Targowa street number 16, son of Bronisław and Józefa nee Hirż, spouses Krygier

and

Kazimiera Andaszek, a miss, dependant of her family, 24 years old, born in Łódź in Parish of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, living in Łódź at Szkolna street number 19, daughter of Walenty and Marianna nee Kaczmarkiewicz, spouses Andaszek.

This marriage was preceded by the 3 banns of marriage announced in local and Holy Cross parishes i Łódź, on: 17th, 24th and 31st day of August of the current year.
Religious marriage ceremony was celebrated by the priest Leon Dębicki, local vicar.
This act was read to the newlyweds and witnesses and signed by Us and them.

Left marigin note: On the basis of head of the Łódź-Śródmieście district, dated 11th March 1980, number IV. USC II 623306/27/80 a clerical error is corrected in this act as follows:
groom mother's maiden name instead of "Hirż" should be "Hierże".
Łódź, 11th March 1980.

Rubber stamp: Deputy of Registry Office's head: Halina Grabska.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
cbuckord

Replies: 30

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:49 pm      Post subject: 1863 Baptism Frank Zielinski

Please help translate this baptism record of my great-grandfather Frank Zielinski. I really appreciate your help. Thank you, Dena

1863 Frank Zielinski Baptism.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  434.63 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1863 Frank Zielinski Baptism.jpg

Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 172

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:49 am      Post subject: Re: 1863 Baptism Frank Zielinski

cbuckord wrote:
Please help translate this baptism record of my great-grandfather Frank Zielinski. I really appreciate your help. Thank you, Dena

170. Rusinowo. It came to pass on the fifteenth day of November in the year of eighteen sixty-three, at the hour of one in the afternoon, in the Town of Rypin. Appeared personally Jan Zielinski, a manorial servant from Rusinowo, thirty-eight years of age, companioned by Franciszek Wesolowski, a servant from Rusinowo, thirty-seven years of age, and Jan Tuchalski, a church servant from prebend, seventy-eight years of age, and presented to us a child of the male sex, born on the twelfth day of November of the current year, at the hour of six in the evening, in Rusinowo, from his spouse Karolina nee Konarski, thirty years of age. The said child, during the holy baptism, which earlier that day had been performed by priest Marcell Pela Grange, had been given the name Franciszek and his godparents had been the aforementioned Franciszek Wesolowski and Justyna Rogozinski. The present certificate was read aloud to the appearer and the witnesses, who did not know how to write, and subsequently signed by us.
Gwhizjudy

Replies: 19

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:52 pm      Post subject: Translate please - death record of Jakub Osypiuk

Death record of Jakub Osypiuk.

954506A5-4D1C-4F90-846C-A91A9E566A0D.jpeg
 Description:
Translate death record from Polish to English.
 Filesize:  493.8 KB

954506A5-4D1C-4F90-846C-A91A9E566A0D.jpeg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:47 am      Post subject: Re: Translate please - death record of Jakub Osypiuk

Gwhizjudy wrote:
Death record of Jakub Osypiuk.

Nr 5
Jakub Osypiuk
from Przedmieście
64 years old

It happened in Pratulin on the 16th January 1836, at 5 p.m.
Appeared: Wasyl Osypniuk, 37 years old and Łukasz Tomaszuk, 42 years old, both peasants living on the farm in the village Bohukały and they declared that on the 14th day of the current month and year, at 7 a.m. died Jakub Osypniuk, 64 years old, farmer. He left his widowed wife Katarzyna Osypiak nee Wasyluk. He was a son of spouses: Józef Lewczuk and Tekla nee Niczyporuk from Przedmieście.
After eye-belief about Osypiuk's death this act was read to the declarants, of which the first one is a son of the deceased, and signed by Us only, because the aforementioned declarants are illiterate.

Priest Mazanowski, parson of the parish.

MikeBayko

Replies: 16

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:36 pm      Post subject: Akta zejścia for Wasielewski family of Augustów

My great great grandfather is Josef Wasielewski, born around 1851 in the Russian partition of Poland, near Suwalki.

I have been able to find out through a DNA test that he was in fact from the Suwalki region, and I may be able to narrow it down to Augustów.

I was looking at the online scans available on suwalki.ap.gov.pl, and I viewed the contents of the available records from the roman catholic parish of Augustów. The category "Akta zejścia" stood out to me, because I have never seen the word "zejścia" before. Google translates it to "Files of descent", but I am not sure what that means exactly regarding the content of the records.

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/63/148/0/1/2#tabSkany

So, I go to the first page of actual content, scan #6, and literally the second record has numerous mentions of the name Wasielewski (spelled Wasilewski in the record), and Wasielewski family members, as well as a Josef Zielinski.

However I do not know how to read this record, what information I should be looking for, if anything; nor do I know what the actual purpose of the record is.

I would really appreciate if anyone could help explain what this record is documenting, and what exactly an "Akta zejścia" is, as well as its purpose.

Thank you.

(I apologize if this should be in the Polish records translations category. I was uncertain in posting it there though because I have a lot of underlying questions about what the record actually is, as opposed to only needing help with translation.)

sc6.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.97 MB

sc6.png

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2780

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:57 pm      Post subject: Re: Akta zejścia for Wasielewski family of Augustów

MikeBayko wrote:
My great great grandfather is Josef Wasielewski, born around 1851 in the Russian partition of Poland, near Suwalki.

I have been able to find out through a DNA test that he was in fact from the Suwalki region, and I may be able to narrow it down to Augustów.

I was looking at the online scans available on suwalki.ap.gov.pl, and I viewed the contents of the available records from the roman catholic parish of Augustów. The category "Akta zejścia" stood out to me, because I have never seen the word "zejścia" before. Google translates it to "Files of descent", but I am not sure what that means exactly regarding the content of the records.

So, I go to the first page of actual content, scan #6, and literally the second record has numerous mentions of the name Wasielewski (spelled Wasilewski in the record), and Wasielewski family members, as well as a Josef Zielinski.

However I do not know how to read this record, what information I should be looking for, if anything; nor do I know what the actual purpose of the record is.

I would really appreciate if anyone could help explain what this record is documenting, and what exactly an "Akta zejścia" is, as well as its purpose.

Thank you.

(I apologize if this should be in the Polish records translations category. I was uncertain in posting it there though because I have a lot of underlying questions about what the record actually is, as opposed to only needing help with translation.)

Hi Mike,

This is an example of Google Translate failing to get it right. It is not that it is totally wrong—zejścia can and does mean “descent” but not in this context.

Akta zejścia aka Akta zgonów are Records of Death. Akta (Acts) means “records” and zejścia (or zgonów) mean “of deaths”.

The record you posted is the record of the death of Anna Wasielewska, the daughter of Dominik Wasielewski.
If this is the record of a person of interest to you, by all means you should request a translation in the Polish records translations thread. If she is not of current interest to you then you can file the record away for future consideration. These records usually follow a set format: 1. Date & place of report, 2. Names of informants/witnesses and info about them, 3. Date, time & place of death, 4. Name of the deceased, 5. Other significant info, and 6. Concluding set formula. In this record some info is repeated (date & time of death). The image is not the complete record. It continues on the next page, but the continuation most likely only includes the usual formula. Of note is that she died of what was known as dropsy, currently edema.

I hope that this answers most of your questions,

Wishing you successful research,

Dave

Last edited by dnowicki on Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:26 am      Post subject: Re: Akta zejścia for Wasielewski family of Augustów

MikeBayko wrote:

Thank you.

Here is the translation but please, as it was said above, try to put Your requests in the right place.

Nr 2
Augustów

it happened on 19th January 1825, at 9 a.m.

In front of Us, Civil Registrar for Augustów commune, located in Augustowskie voivodeship in Dąbrowa county, appeared sławetni*: Dominik Wasilewski, father of the deceased and Józef Zieliński, grandfather of the deceased, both farmers living in Augustów town and they declared that on the 8th January of the current year, at 7 a.m. died underaged Anna Wasilewska, 3 years old, daughter of spouses: Dominik Wasilewski, the declarant and his wife Marta nee Zielińska.
She died on the 8th January of the current year, t 7 a.m. in Augustów town, in the house number 149.....
the end of the act is on the next page. Probobly it iforms that the act was read to the declarant and witnesses and signed.

*sławetni, plural form of the word: sławetny. In parish books this term had a wide and varied use. I think here it was a polite form to describe townsman.

MikeBayko

Replies: 16

Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:55 pm      Post subject:

@marcelproust Here is the document mentioning Krystyna Wasielewski. It is the second half of the document, as she is not mentioned in the first half. Thank you very much for your translation help.

@dnowicki Thank you for clarifying that. I was very confused to see the word "zejścia", I am so used to looking for urodzen, malzenstwa, and zgony.

sc16.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.22 MB

sc16.png

Surekha124

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:14 am      Post subject: thank you

thank you very much for your help.
Visit poster's website
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:16 am      Post subject:

MikeBayko wrote:
@marcelproust Here is the document mentioning Krystyna Wasielewski. It is the second half of the document, as she is not mentioned in the first half. Thank you very much for your translation help.

@dnowicki Thank you for clarifying that. I was very confused to see the word "zejścia", I am so used to looking for urodzen, malzenstwa, and zgony.

I am working on it.

Poucinette

Replies: 41

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:31 am      Post subject: Naissance Marianna FALENTARSKA

http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=3&zs=1464d&sy=1863&kt=1&plik=200-207.jpg#zoom=1.75&x=1624&y=1051

Bonjour,

Je vous remercie pour la traduction de cet acte de naissance qui doit être celui de Marianna FALENTARSKA.

Bonne journée

Patricia
Poucinette

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:04 am      Post subject: Mariage POKRZYWINSKI et BAROCHOWNA

http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=3&zs=1702d&sy=1808a&kt=2&plik=010-011.jpg#zoom=2&x=1208&y=124

Bonsoir,

Je vous remercie pour la traduction de l'acte de mariage de Augustin POKRZYWINSKA et de Anna BAROCH de 1809

Acte 10

Merci pour votre aide.

Cordialement

Patricia
Poucinette

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:36 am      Post subject: Décès Kartarzyna Nc (Katarzyna Trzmielowska)

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/54/779/0/6.1/16/skan/full/_vBcWIMUk3IdJcn80fU6RA

Acte 10

Tout d'abord merci pour votre aide, précieuse lorsque l'on ne comprend pas la langue.

Karazyna MAJCHER ou KORZENIEWSKI, épouse de Joseph TRZMIELEWSKI est décédée le 2 juin 1819 à Boguslawice.

Deux noms car toutes les deux ont pour époux Joseph TRZMIELEWSKI. Il est rarement indiqué leur nom de famille et pour l'instant je n'ai as encore réussi à trouver si c'est une même personne ou un homonyme.
Peut-êre que cet acte me donnera des informations utiles.

Bonne soirée

Patricia
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:56 am      Post subject: Re: Naissance Marianna FALENTARSKA

Poucinette wrote:
http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=3&zs=1464d&sy=1863&kt=1&plik=200-207.jpg#zoom=1.75&x=1624&y=1051

Bonjour,

Je vous remercie pour la traduction de cet acte de naissance qui doit être celui de Marianna FALENTARSKA.

Bonne journée

Patricia

Działoszyn

It happened in Działoszyn town on the 22nd November 1863, at 2 p.m.
Appeared Adam Folentarski, 20 years old, townsman living in Działoszyn, in the presence of Michał Adrianowicz, 30 years old and Kacper Drabowicz, 40 years old, townsmans from Działoszyn town and presented a female child, born yesterday in Działoszyn, at 1 p.m. with his wife Wiktoria nee kempińska, 22 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Marianna and the godparents were: Michał Adrianowicz and Jadwiga Kempińska from Działoszyn.
This act was read to the declarant and witnesses, all illiterate, and was signed by Us only.

Priest J. Cabański, parson of Działoszyn parish.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 463, 464, 465 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 464 of 580

Jump to: