PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 497, 498, 499 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author

Replies: 25

Post Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:23 pm      Post subject: Marriage certificate

There are 2 different Danziger families claiming that the marriage certificate is from their family.
Can you please translate it?

We hope to find some clues and clarify the truth.

rsz_112_898_2_28_m8_monszajn_dancygier_1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.47 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

rsz_112_898_2_28_m8_monszajn_dancygier_1.jpg

Last edited by YHB on Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:06 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage certificate

YHB wrote:
There are 2 different Danziger families claiming that the marriage certificate if from their family.

I am working on it.
Please provide more information in the future: the name of the parish, source link to the document if possible.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
YHB

Post Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:13 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage certificate

marcelproust wrote:
YHB wrote:
There are 2 different Danziger families claiming that the marriage certificate if from their family.

I am working on it.
Please provide more information in the future: the name of the parish, source link to the document if possible.

Thanks for working on it.
I apologize for not providing more info. This is my first request, and I didn't understand your expectations.

If you can please help me for the future:
Name of Parish: Where can i get it is it part of the info in the document i sent?
Source link: The https://apkatowicetd.nazwa.pl/owncloud/index.php/s/y9A3V5wimzb7oow from the Katowice government expired after download.
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:53 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage certificate

YHB wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
YHB wrote:

I am working on it.

Thanks for working on it.
I apologize for not providing more info. This is my first request, and I didn't understand your expectations.

If you can please help me for the future:
Name of Parish: Where can i get it is it part of the info in the document i sent?
Source link: The https://apkatowicetd.nazwa.pl/owncloud/index.php/s/y9A3V5wimzb7oow from the Katowice government expired after download.

Thank You.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:10 pm      Post subject: Re: Marriage certificate

YHB wrote:
There are 2 different Danziger families claiming that the marriage certificate is from their family.

Kromołów

It happened in the town of Kromołów, on September 18th/30th 1853, at 7 p.m.
Appeared orthodox jew, Marek Józef Tenenholtz, rabbi, 68 years old, living in the town of Kromołów and

orthodox jew Berek Monszajn, widower, 31 years old, speculator, living in the town of Kromołów, son of Józef and Cyrla nee Hutner, spouses Monszajn, who live in the town of Pilicka

and

orthodox jew Ryfka Dancygier, a miss, 27 years old, daughter of Izrael and Sora nee Łęczna, spouses Dancygier, who live in the town of Kromołów,

in the presence of the witnesses, orthodox jews: Berek Gold, synagogue supervisor, 40 years old and Zelik Markiewicz, teacher, 31 years old, who live in the town of Kromołów

and her declared, that today, in front of Him, at 1 p.m., a religious marriage was concluded, between: orthodox jew Berek Monszajn, widower with orthodox jew Ryfka Dancygier, a miss

and that this marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced in the Kromołów synagogue, on Shabbat days: August 15th/27th, August 22nd/September 3rd and August 29th/September 10th of the current year.

Bride's father gave permission for this marriage.
There were no objections for this marriage.
Newlyweds declared that they did not enter into any prenuptial agreement.

After conviced myself about the identity of the newlyweds and the witnesses, this act was read to the rabbi, newlyweds and the bride's father and the witnesses and was signed by them and Us.

M. Józef Tenenholtz
Berek Monszajn
Ryfka Dancygier
Izrael Dancyger
Gerek Gold
Zelik Markiewicz

Civil Registrar's signature.

herb43

Replies: 48

Post Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:23 pm      Post subject: Marriage record translation

Need translation please:

https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=13&zs=0496d&sy=1859&kt=2&plik=01.jpg#zoom=2.042894280762565&x=1249&y=133

Thank you,
herb43
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:27 pm      Post subject: Re: Marriage record translation

herb43 wrote:
Need translation please:

https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=13&zs=0496d&sy=1859&kt=2&plik=01.jpg#zoom=2.042894280762565&x=1249&y=133

Thank you,
herb43

Kraśniewo and Borzewo Kmiece

It happened in Gralewo, on January 9th 1859, at 10 a.m.
We make it known, that in the presence of the witnesses: Tomasz Giżczak, farmer, from Wysochowo, 33 years old and Ignacy Mikołajczyk, kopcarz* from Brzeście, 44 years old, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Franciszek Brzeziński, a single man, son of the late Jan Brzeziński and Józefa Brzezińska nee Dąbroska, millers, who was born in Setropie, located in the parish of Rogotwórsk, servant in Kraśniewo, 28 years old

and

Franciszka Kicińska, a miss, daughter of the late Szymon Kiciński and living Tekla Kicińska nee Mikołajczak, farmers, who was born in Brzeście, located in the parish of Baboszewo, living at her mother's in Borzewo Kmiece, 16 years old.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced on: November 7th, 14th and 21st of the previous year, in the Gralewo parish.

Bride's mother, present at writing this marriage act, gave oral permission for this marriage.
Newlyweds declared that they did not enter into the prenuptial agreement.
This act was read to the newlyweds and the witnesses and was signed by Us only, because the persons mentioned in this act were illiterate.

Priest Pilitowski Adolf, parson of the Gralewo parish, serving as Civil Registrar.

*kopcarz: Term that was used to describe cottager cultivating a garden or a small field who worked a specified number of days in exchange for a specific quantity of grain expressed in units of measurement called kopa.
So the source that writes about it says that the word kopczarz comes from the word kopa.

YHB

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:45 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage certificate

marcelproust wrote:
YHB wrote:

orthodox jew Berek Monszajn, widower, 31 years old, speculator, living in the town of Kromołów, son of Józef and Cyrla nee Hutner, spouses Monszajn, who live in the town of Pilicka

What was the job of a speculant?
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:29 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage certificate

YHB wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
YHB wrote:

What was the job of a speculant?

a person earning on price fluctuations. He buys a given product, hoping that its price will increase in a given period, which in turn gives the opportunity to resell it and earn from the price difference

nick3371

Replies: 104

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:56 pm      Post subject:

Would you be able to translate the following records?

1. Birth of Wojciech Sobczak in 1850
2. Death of Ignacy Nowak in 1827.

Nowak, Ignacy Death 1827.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  274.27 KB

Nowak, Ignacy Death 1827.jpg

Sobczak, Wojciech Birth 1850.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  277.7 KB

Sobczak, Wojciech Birth 1850.jpg

TedMack

Replies: 479

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:32 am      Post subject: Polish Record Translation

G'day, Can you please assist with translation of these records.

Marriage 2 Antoni Szmayda - 1811 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  88.52 KB

Marriage 2 Antoni Szmayda - 1811 (2).jpg

Marriage Kunegunda Szmayda (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  911.91 KB

Marriage Kunegunda Szmayda (2).jpg

TedMack

Replies: 479

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:35 am      Post subject: Polish Record Translation

G'day, can you please assist with translation of these records for Tyburski.

Death Tomasz Tyburski - record 19 Part1 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  266.67 KB

Death Tomasz Tyburski - record 19 Part1 (2).jpg

Death Tomasz Tyburski - record 19 -Part 2 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  149.84 KB

Death Tomasz Tyburski - record 19 -Part 2 (2).jpg

Witness Tomasz Tiburski - record 29 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  228.89 KB

Witness Tomasz Tiburski - record 29 (2).jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:05 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

And finally from my Fathers side some more birth records.

TedMack

Nr 19
Pamięcin

It happened in Pamięcin, on April 15th 1827, at 4 p.m.
Appeared Marcin Maćkowski, tenant, living in the village of Pamięcin, 35 years old, in the presence of Marcin Pietrasik, farmer, living in Pamięcin, 48 years old and Franciszek Czerniak, farmer from Pamięcin, 40 years old and presented Us a female child, who was born in Pamięcin, on April 13th of the current year, at 11 a.m., of his wife: Franciszka nee Chalkowska, 23 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Katarzyna, and the godparents were: Józef Cichocki and Katarzyna Konwerska, Feliks Konwerski and Agata Cichocka.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses, who all were illiterate and was signed by Us.

Priest Jan Borzych, parson of the Pamięcin parish.

It happened in the village of Pamięcin, on June 29th 1829, at 4 p.m.
Appeared Marcin Maćkowski, peasant, farm worker, working on the grounds belonging to the parish, living in Pamięcin, 40 years old, in the presence of Marcin Pietrasik, 50 years old and Franciszek Cierniak, 45 years old, both farmers, living in Pamięcin and presented Us a female child, who was born in Pamięcin, on June 29th of the current year, at 2 p.m., in the house number 2, of his wife: Franciszka nee Halek, 24 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Józefa, and the godparents were: Feliks Konwerski and Katarzyna Konwerska.
This act was read to the declarant Maćkowski and the witnesses: Pietrasik and Cierniak, who all were illiterate and was signed by Us.

Nr 29
Pamięcin

It happened in the village of Pamięcin, on June 30th 1831, at 3 p.m.
Appeared Marcin Maćkowski, tenant, peasant, living in Pamięcin, 35 years old, in the presence of Marcin Pietrasik, 50 years old and Michał Cierniak, 45 years old, both farmers, living in Pamięcin and presented Us a female child, who was born in Pamięcin, on June 28th of the current year, at 4 p.m., in the house number 2, of his wife: Franciszka nee Chalkowska, 30 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Magdalena, and the godparents were: Franciszek Halkowski and Franciszka Pietrasik.
This act was read to the declarant Maćkowski and the witnesses, who all were illiterate and was signed by Us.

Nr 14
Pamięcin

It happened in the village of Pamięcin, on March 20th 1837, at 4 p.m.
Appeared Marcin Maćkowski, farm worker, living in Pamięcin, 40 years old, in the presence of Mateusz Pietrasik, 32 years old and Franciszek Cierniak, 45 years old, both farmers, living in Pamięcin and presented Us a female child, who was born in Pamięcin, on March 10th of the current year, at 11 a.m., in the house number 2, of his wife: Franciszka nee Halek, 30 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Franciszka, and the godparents were: Franciszek Halkowski and Marianna Formańska.
This act was read to the declarant Maćkowski and the witnesses, who all were illiterate and was signed by Us.

It happened in the village of Pamięcin, on May 19th 1835, at 9 a.m.
Appeared Marcin Maćkowski, farm worker, working on the grounds belonging to the parish, living in Pamięcin, 35 years old, in the presence of Mateusz Pietrasik, 30 years old and Franciszek Cierniak, 50 years old, both farmers, living in Pamięcin and presented Us a female child, who was born in Pamięcin, on May 18th of the current year, at 10 p.m., in the house number 2, of his wife: Franciszka nee Halek, 25 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Julia, and the godparents were: Jan Wodkiewicz and Rozalia Pietrasik.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:42 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

There was one which I missed.

Nr 48
Pamięcin

It happened in the village of Pamięcin, on October 10th 1824, at 1 p.m., in front of the parson of the Pamięcin parish, serving as Civil Registrar for the commune of Pamięcin, in the district and the voivodeship of Kalisz, appeared: Marcin Maćkowski, 31 years old, serving as a farmhand in the village of Pamięcin and presented Us a female child, who was born in Pamięcin, on 6th day of the current month and year, at 7 a.m., in the house number 2, and declared that the child is born of him and his wife: Franciszka nee Chalkowska, 21 years old and that his wish is to name the child: Marianna.
After making the above statement and presenting the child, in the presence of Marcin Pietrasik, 55 years old and Franciszek Cierniak, 45 years old, both farmers, who live in the village of Pamięcin, this act was written down. This act was read to the child's father anf the witnesses, who werew all illiterate, and was signed by Us.

Priest Jan Borzych, parson of the Pamięcin parish, serving as Civil Registrar for the commune of Pamięcin.

Chorzeń

It happened in Morzysław, on March 24th 1850, at 10 a.m.
Appeared Szymon Sobczak, tenant from Chorzeń, 44 years old, in the presence of Wojciech Frankowski, innkeeper from Chorzeń, 30 years old and Stanisław Ciepły, tenant from Chorzeń, 32 years old and presented Us a male child, who was born on 18th day of the current month, at 11 a.m., of his wife: Katarzyna nee Majeska, 33 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Wojciech and the godparents were: Józef Sobczak and Barbara Mikulska.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses and was not signed by them, because they were illiterate.

Maciej Gruberski, administrator of the Morzysław parish.

YHB

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:44 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage certificate

marcelproust wrote:
YHB wrote:

Kromołów

It happened in the town of Kromołów, on September 18th/30th 1853, at 7 p.m.
Appeared orthodox jew, Marek Józef Tenenholtz, rabbi, 68 years old, living in the town of Kromołów and

and

orthodox jew Ryfka Dancygier, a miss, 27 years old, daughter of Izrael and Sora nee Łęczna, spouses Dancygier, who live in the town of Kromołów,

in the presence of the witnesses, orthodox jews: Berek Gold, synagogue supervisor, 40 years old and Zelik Markiewicz, teacher, 31 years old, who live in the town of Kromołów

and her declared, that today, in front of Him, at 1 p.m., a religious marriage was concluded, between: orthodox jew Berek Monszajn, widower with orthodox jew Ryfka Dancygier, a miss

and that this marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced in the Kromołów synagogue, on Shabbat days: August 15th/27th, August 22nd/September 3rd and August 29th/September 10th of the current year.

Bride's father gave permission for this marriage.
Newlyweds declared that they did not enter into any prenuptial agreement.

After conviced myself about the identity of the newlyweds and the witnesses, this act was read to the rabbi, newlyweds and the bride's father and the witnesses and was signed by them and Us.

M. Józef Tenenholtz
Berek Monszajn
Ryfka Dancygier
Izrael Dancyger
Gerek Gold
Zelik Markiewicz

Civil Registrar's signature.

Thanks you Marcel for the Translation and Transcript.

We are trying to deduce (squeeze out) the most information we can from this document. I have few questions, can you please help me clarify.

1) The words "ojca nowo zaślubionej" you translated it to "The Brides father, and you excluded the grooms father. Why?

2) The words "nowo zaślubionym, rodzicom" you translated to "The Newlyweds and their father". You excluded the mother. Why?

3) What is the last word on the paper (after the registrars signature Stanu Cywilnego)?

4) Must it be that the signatures written on the bottom were written by the persons themselves, or can it be that they had someone else sign their names? Some look as they would be written with the same handwriting?

What about the Hebrew Signatures all three look somewhat different, must they be authentic signatures or can they have been written by some writer?

I have more questions I do not want to abuse you before I manage to arrange the donation Very Happy

Thanks,
Isaac
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 497, 498, 499 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 498 of 580

Jump to: