PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 498, 499, 500 ... 506, 507, 508  Next
Author

Replies: 15

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:17 pm      Post subject:

Moving to the proper thread.

Last edited by td85 on Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2852

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:01 pm      Post subject:

td85 wrote:
Hi everyone, I hope 2021 is off to a good start for all of you. After taking a break I'm back to doing family research, specifically on my Machura ancestors, Iand I could use a little help reading some of the writing on these documents.

These documents are written in latin, so i suggest You to send your request here:

https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=1759

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:24 pm      Post subject: Re: Marriage certificate

YHB wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
YHB wrote:
There are 2 different Danziger families claiming that the marriage certificate is from their family.
Can you please translate it?

We hope to find some clues and clarify the truth.

Kromołów

It happened in the town of Kromołów, on September 18th/30th 1853, at 7 p.m.
Appeared orthodox jew, Marek Józef Tenenholtz, rabbi, 68 years old, living in the town of Kromołów and

orthodox jew Berek Monszajn, widower, 31 years old, speculator, living in the town of Kromołów, son of Józef and Cyrla nee Hutner, spouses Monszajn, who live in the town of Pilicka

and

orthodox jew Ryfka Dancygier, a miss, 27 years old, daughter of Izrael and Sora nee Łęczna, spouses Dancygier, who live in the town of Kromołów,

in the presence of the witnesses, orthodox jews: Berek Gold, synagogue supervisor, 40 years old and Zelik Markiewicz, teacher, 31 years old, who live in the town of Kromołów

and her declared, that today, in front of Him, at 1 p.m., a religious marriage was concluded, between: orthodox jew Berek Monszajn, widower with orthodox jew Ryfka Dancygier, a miss

and that this marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced in the Kromołów synagogue, on Shabbat days: August 15th/27th, August 22nd/September 3rd and August 29th/September 10th of the current year.

Bride's father gave permission for this marriage.
There were no objections for this marriage.
Newlyweds declared that they did not enter into any prenuptial agreement.

After conviced myself about the identity of the newlyweds and the witnesses, this act was read to the rabbi, newlyweds and the bride's father and the witnesses and was signed by them and Us.

M. Józef Tenenholtz
Berek Monszajn
Ryfka Dancygier
Izrael Dancyger
Gerek Gold
Zelik Markiewicz

Civil Registrar's signature.

Thanks you Marcel for the Translation and Transcript.

We are trying to deduce (squeeze out) the most information we can from this document. I have few questions, can you please help me clarify.

1) The words "ojca nowo zaślubionej" you translated it to "The Brides father, and you excluded the grooms father. Why?

2) The words "nowo zaślubionym, rodzicom" you translated to "The Newlyweds and their father". You excluded the mother. Why?

3) What is the last word on the paper (after the registrars signature Stanu Cywilnego)?

4) Must it be that the signatures written on the bottom were written by the persons themselves, or can it be that they had someone else sign their names? Some look as they would be written with the same handwriting?

What about the Hebrew Signatures all three look somewhat different, must they be authentic signatures or can they have been written by some writer?

I have more questions I do not want to abuse you before I manage to arrange the donation Very Happy

Thanks,
Isaac

1. I did not exclude anything. This is word for word translation.
Bride's father was present at the religious marriage ceremony. It seems that groom's parents were not present.

2. My mistake. It should be: nowo zaślubionym, rodzicowi: to the newlyweds and the father. Only the bride's father was present. The document was read to those who were present.

3. The last word is the Civil Registrar's signature. I can't read his surname. It is illegible for me.

4. The document says that they signed themselves. Whether it was really so, I do not know.
When it comes to signatures in Hebrew, unfortunately I do not know who made them.

TedMack

Replies: 95

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:32 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

marcelproust wrote:
TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

There was one which I missed.

Nr 48
Pamięcin

It happened in the village of Pamięcin, on October 10th 1824, at 1 p.m., in front of the parson of the Pamięcin parish, serving as Civil Registrar for the commune of Pamięcin, in the district and the voivodeship of Kalisz, appeared: Marcin Maćkowski, 31 years old, serving as a farmhand in the village of Pamięcin and presented Us a female child, who was born in Pamięcin, on 6th day of the current month and year, at 7 a.m., in the house number 2, and declared that the child is born of him and his wife: Franciszka nee Chalkowska, 21 years old and that his wish is to name the child: Marianna.
After making the above statement and presenting the child, in the presence of Marcin Pietrasik, 55 years old and Franciszek Cierniak, 45 years old, both farmers, who live in the village of Pamięcin, this act was written down. This act was read to the child's father anf the witnesses, who werew all illiterate, and was signed by Us.

Priest Jan Borzych, parson of the Pamięcin parish, serving as Civil Registrar for the commune of Pamięcin.

Chorzeń

It happened in Morzysław, on March 24th 1850, at 10 a.m.
Appeared Szymon Sobczak, tenant from Chorzeń, 44 years old, in the presence of Wojciech Frankowski, innkeeper from Chorzeń, 30 years old and Stanisław Ciepły, tenant from Chorzeń, 32 years old and presented Us a male child, who was born on 18th day of the current month, at 11 a.m., of his wife: Katarzyna nee Majeska, 33 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Wojciech and the godparents were: Józef Sobczak and Barbara Mikulska.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses and was not signed by them, because they were illiterate.

Maciej Gruberski, administrator of the Morzysław parish.

Thanks Marcel

Please note the second record for Wojciech Sobczak, is for Nick3371, request on Jan 5 at 9:56pm.
YHB

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:28 am      Post subject:

[quote="Elzbieta Porteneuve"]
arielvfu wrote:

Ariel,

Here is the first, Zelda Rozengart.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/lds809131_1861m9_124.jpg
NOTE: (old words or terminology) faktor
http://genealodzy.pl/PNphpBB2-printview-t-6182-start-0.phtml
faktor dawn. pośrednik, stręczyciel; plenipotent, pełnomocnik // broker
faktorne dawn. prowizja za pośrednictwo // brokerage commission

DATE-of-ACT: 21 May 1861, 9 am, in Klimontów
WITNESS-RABBI-declaring-religious-marriage: [Starozakonny] old religious Nauchman Gorzyczanok, the caretaker of the synagogue and deputy Rabbi of the synagogue in Klimontów
MARRIAGE: 20 May 1861, 7 pm, in Klimontów
GROOM: [Starozakonny] old religious Cherszla Brauner, young man, 28 years old, residing in the city Klimontów, making his living from [faktorstwo = brokerage commission],
GROOM-PARENTS: son of Tojzep? Herszkowicz /: deceased: / and Rywka born Ichowricz? /: also deceased: /, spouses Brauner,
BRIDE: [Starozakonna] old religious Zelda Rozengart, Miss, 25 years old, residing in the city Klimontów, at his brother’s Izrael Rozengart, laborer;
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of Szaja and Perla /: already deceased: /, spouses Rozengart,
WITNESSES: [Starozakonny] old religious Mosiek Agato, teacher, 46 years old and Ejzyk Kimet, teacher, 47 years old, residing in the city Klimontów

Dzialo sie w miescie Klimontowie dnia / dziewiatego / dwudziestego pierwszego / maja tysiac osiemset szescdziesiatego pierwszego roku o godzinie dziewiatej z rana. Stawil sie Starozakonny Nauchman Gorzyczanok, dozorca Buznicy zastepca Rabina synagogi Klimontów, wraz z Starozakonnym Cherszla Brauner, kawalerem lat dwadziescia osiem majacym, synem Tojzepa? Herszkowicza /: niezyjacego :/ i Rywki z Ichowriczow? /:takze niezyjacej :/, malzonkow Brauner, w miescie Klimontowie zamieszkalych, z faktorstwa sie utrzymujacym, i z Starozakonna Zelda Rozengartowna [suffix –owna, daugher of], panna lat dwadziescia piec majaca, corka Szai i Perly /: juz niezyjacych :/ malzonkow Rozengart, w miescie Klimontowie przy swym bracie Izraelu Rozengart z wyrobku sie utrzymujacym zamieszkala;

Translated:

It did happen in the city Klimontów, in the day / ninth / twenty-first / May, year one thousand eight hundred and sixty-one, at nine o'clock in the morning. Appeared in [Starozakonny] old religious Nauchman Gorzyczanok, the caretaker of the synagogue and deputy Rabbi of the synagogue in Klimontów, along with [Starozakonny] old religious Cherszla Brauner, young man, twenty-eight years old, son of Tojzep? Herszkowicz /: deceased: / and Rywka born Ichowricz? /: also deceased: /, spouses Brauner, residing in the city Klimontów, making his living from [faktorstwo = brokerage commission], and [Starozakonna] old religious Zelda Rozengart, Miss, twenty-five years old, daughter of Szaja and Perla /: already deceased: /, spouses Rozengart, residing in the city Klimontów, at his brother’s Izrael Rozengart, laborer;
==

Can someone explain to me the meaning of Spouses Brauner?
If the grooms father's family name was Herszkowicz and his mothers family name was Ichowricz, what is the name (spouses) Brauner?

Thanks in advance,
Isaac Bronner
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:49 am      Post subject:

[quote="YHB"]
Elzbieta Porteneuve wrote:
arielvfu wrote:

Ariel,

Here is the first, Zelda Rozengart.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/lds809131_1861m9_124.jpg
NOTE: (old words or terminology) faktor
http://genealodzy.pl/PNphpBB2-printview-t-6182-start-0.phtml
faktor dawn. pośrednik, stręczyciel; plenipotent, pełnomocnik // broker
faktorne dawn. prowizja za pośrednictwo // brokerage commission

DATE-of-ACT: 21 May 1861, 9 am, in Klimontów
WITNESS-RABBI-declaring-religious-marriage: [Starozakonny] old religious Nauchman Gorzyczanok, the caretaker of the synagogue and deputy Rabbi of the synagogue in Klimontów
MARRIAGE: 20 May 1861, 7 pm, in Klimontów
GROOM: [Starozakonny] old religious Cherszla Brauner, young man, 28 years old, residing in the city Klimontów, making his living from [faktorstwo = brokerage commission],
GROOM-PARENTS: son of Tojzep? Herszkowicz /: deceased: / and Rywka born Ichowricz? /: also deceased: /, spouses Brauner,
BRIDE: [Starozakonna] old religious Zelda Rozengart, Miss, 25 years old, residing in the city Klimontów, at his brother’s Izrael Rozengart, laborer;
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of Szaja and Perla /: already deceased: /, spouses Rozengart,
WITNESSES: [Starozakonny] old religious Mosiek Agato, teacher, 46 years old and Ejzyk Kimet, teacher, 47 years old, residing in the city Klimontów

Dzialo sie w miescie Klimontowie dnia / dziewiatego / dwudziestego pierwszego / maja tysiac osiemset szescdziesiatego pierwszego roku o godzinie dziewiatej z rana. Stawil sie Starozakonny Nauchman Gorzyczanok, dozorca Buznicy zastepca Rabina synagogi Klimontów, wraz z Starozakonnym Cherszla Brauner, kawalerem lat dwadziescia osiem majacym, synem Tojzepa? Herszkowicza /: niezyjacego :/ i Rywki z Ichowriczow? /:takze niezyjacej :/, malzonkow Brauner, w miescie Klimontowie zamieszkalych, z faktorstwa sie utrzymujacym, i z Starozakonna Zelda Rozengartowna [suffix –owna, daugher of], panna lat dwadziescia piec majaca, corka Szai i Perly /: juz niezyjacych :/ malzonkow Rozengart, w miescie Klimontowie przy swym bracie Izraelu Rozengart z wyrobku sie utrzymujacym zamieszkala;

Translated:

It did happen in the city Klimontów, in the day / ninth / twenty-first / May, year one thousand eight hundred and sixty-one, at nine o'clock in the morning. Appeared in [Starozakonny] old religious Nauchman Gorzyczanok, the caretaker of the synagogue and deputy Rabbi of the synagogue in Klimontów, along with [Starozakonny] old religious Cherszla Brauner, young man, twenty-eight years old, son of Tojzep? Herszkowicz /: deceased: / and Rywka born Ichowricz? /: also deceased: /, spouses Brauner, residing in the city Klimontów, making his living from [faktorstwo = brokerage commission], and [Starozakonna] old religious Zelda Rozengart, Miss, twenty-five years old, daughter of Szaja and Perla /: already deceased: /, spouses Rozengart, residing in the city Klimontów, at his brother’s Izrael Rozengart, laborer;
==

Can someone explain to me the meaning of Spouses Brauner?
If the grooms father's family name was Herszkowicz and his mothers family name was Ichowricz, what is the name (spouses) Brauner?

Thanks in advance,
Isaac Bronner

Groom: Cherszla Brauner
Groom's parents:

father: Tojzep Brauner, son of Herszko
mother: Rywka Brauner, daughter of Icek

so Herszko and Icek were groom's grandfathers.

nick3371

Replies: 81

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:59 am      Post subject:

Hello,

Could you translate this death record for Jadwiga Strezelczyk in 1827?

No rush! Thank you!

Nick

Strzelczyk, Jadwiga Death 1827.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  233.4 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Strzelczyk, Jadwiga Death 1827.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:14 pm      Post subject:

nick3371 wrote:
Hello,

Could you translate this death record for Jadwiga Strezelczyk in 1827?

No rush! Thank you!

Nick

Dankowo

It happened in Złotków, on September 17th 1827, at 11 a.m.
Appeared Szymon Kubacki, tenant, 40 years old and Wojciech Targosz, laborer, 30 years old, both living in Dankowo and they declared, that on 15th day of the current month and year, at 12 o'clock at noon, died Jadwiga Strzelczyk, widow, beggar, who lived in Dankowo, 70 years old, daughter of Mateusz and Marianna, spouses Nowak from Jabłonka.
After convinced myself about the death od Strzelczyk this act was read to the declarants, of which the first one was deceased's son-in-law, and was signed by Us. The declarants informed they were illiterate.

Priest Franciszek Gronicki, administrator of the parish.

mevieira1984

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:56 am      Post subject: searching from Brazil

Hello folks! I'm from Brazil, studying my genealogy from galician polands.

Demetrio Iwankiw and Catharian Iwankiw (Penkal original surname).
They came to Brazil in 1894 and 1896 respectively and married in 1899.
They are my great -great-grandparents.
I'm willing to find out their birth registrations but I dont know where to start looking.

At this document (attached) he declares himself from Wosniczyn -Austria ( cant figure it out if it is Woźnice or Wośniki, I tend to believe it's Wośniki because it was Austrian Empire in late 1879, And Woznice was Prussia, am I right?)

While she declares herself from Mont vielcky, Austria (I believe Mosty Wielkie, now Lviv in Ukraine)

PHOTO-2021-01-08-20-56-05.jpg
 Description:
The city where DEMETRIO IWANKIW was born, cant figure it out if it is Woźnice or Wośniki, I tend to believe it's Wośniki because it was Austrian Empire in late 1879, And Woznice was Prussia, am I right?
 Filesize:  368.36 KB

PHOTO-2021-01-08-20-56-05.jpg

jmcenaney

Replies: 27

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:36 pm      Post subject: Wladyslaw Zynda funeral card translation

Hi, I'm looking for assistance translating the attached funeral card. Many thanks! -Jaime

WladyslawZyndaFuneralCard.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  223.24 KB

WladyslawZyndaFuneralCard.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:35 am      Post subject: Re: Wladyslaw Zynda funeral card translation

jmcenaney wrote:
Hi, I'm looking for assistance translating the attached funeral card. Many thanks! -Jaime

The late Władysław Żynda, died on May 4th 1927.
Funeral on May 7th, from the mourning house located at north? 362 Katherine street to the church of Saint Valentine.
The body was burried in the Saint Stanislaus the Martyr cemetery.

Lord's Prayer
Hail Mary
Eternal rest* ...

*Eternal rest: This is a fragment of a Catholic prayer for the dead: Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul rest in peace. Amen.

Tel. Jeff. 7100
Frank E. Orlowski
Mort

TedMack

Replies: 95

Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:09 am      Post subject: Polish Record Translations

G'day Marcel

Can you please translate these two death records.

Death Piotr Grala - record 58 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  125.09 KB

Death Piotr Grala - record 58 (2).jpg

Death Felix Mackowski - record 28 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.72 KB

Death Felix Mackowski - record 28 (2).jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:26 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translations

TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

Can you please translate these two death records.

Nr 58
Tłokinia

It happened in the village of Tłokinia, on June 2nd 1848, at 6 p.m.
Appeared Kusa Jan, 31 years old, deceased's son-in-law and Banach Wojciech, 56 years old, both farmers living in the village of Tłokinia and they declared, that on May 31st of the current year, at 4 p.m., died Piotr Grala alias Babak, tenant, who was born and lived in Tłokinia, 69 years old, son of Antoni and Elżbieta, the late spouses Grala. He left his widowed wife Petronella.
After convinced myself about the death of Grala this act was read to the declarants, of which none was literate and was signed by Us.

Priest Gruczyński Stanisław.

Broniewo

It happened in Broniewo, on September 18th 1852, at 2 p.m.
Appeared Trzmielewski Bartłomiej, tenant, 25 years old and Lewandowski Maciej, farmhand, 50 years old, both living in Broniewo and they declared, that on 18th day of the current month and year, at 4 a.m., died in Broniewo Maćkowski Felix, shepherd, 45 years old, son of the unknown parents, who left his widowed wife Magdalena and two children: Józefa and Marianna.
After convinced myself about the death of Felix this act was read to the illiterate declarants and was signed by Us.

Priest's signature.

mevieira1984

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:55 pm      Post subject: translate birth certificate

can anyone translate this birth certificate?
I'm not sure if its in polish or in latin

martin_birth.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  146.79 KB

martin_birth.PNG

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:15 pm      Post subject: Re: translate birth certificate

mevieira1984 wrote:
can anyone translate this birth certificate?
I'm not sure if its in polish or in latin

it is written in latin

https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=1759

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 498, 499, 500 ... 506, 507, 508  Next Page 499 of 508

Jump to: