PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 505, 506, 507 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:41 pm      Post subject:

marcelproust wrote:
hajdasz wrote:
Hello,

Can you please translate this birth record?

I know Wawryzniec is listed as illegitimate. He was my 2X great grandfather. I would just like translation of every bit of info.

His mother is the widow to Antoni Ossolinski. They had 3 children prior to Wawryzniec, but they died young. Antoni passed in 1854, but I don't know the month.

I posted about this situation in another post yesterday. I am DNA matches to other Ossolinskis, who are not descendants of Wawryzniec. We are distant cousins, so the common ancestor is prior to 1800, I believe.

I'm trying to figure out why he is listed as illegitimate, but still takes Antoni's surname.

Thanks,
H

This record is written in latin so i recomment You to send Your request in the latin translations section, here:

http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=1759&sid=7abf879a6819a6a89907c419c6c6b478

Thank you!
Henry Soszynski

Replies: 92

Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:00 am      Post subject: Translation Request - Janina Anna Wdowik

Greetings,
I would appreciate a clarification of some words in the attached scan. Apologies in advance for the small section, but it may otherwise cause some heartburn.
1st line - Is the surname of Janina Anna, spelled Wdowik?
2nd line - is her birthplace really Petrograd in Russia aka St. Petersburg?
3rd line - the surname of Jadwiga, it could be any thing, but seems to end with 'inskich'

Cheers,
Henry
katarzyna_t
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 82

Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:23 am      Post subject: Re: Translation Request

Henry Soszynski wrote:
Greetings,
I would appreciate a clarification of some words in the attached scan. Apologies in advance for the small section, but it may otherwise cause some heartburn.
3rd line - the surname of Jadwiga, it could be any thing, but seems to end with 'inskich'

Cheers,
Henry

Hello Henry,
it seems that you did not attach the scan. Could you please try again?

Best regards,
Katarzyna
Henry Soszynski

Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:40 am      Post subject: Re: Translation Request

katarzyna_t wrote:
Henry Soszynski wrote:
Greetings,

Cheers,
Henry

Hello Henry,

Best regards,
Katarzyna

Hi Katarzyna,
Thanks for the gentle reminder. Silly me.
Now attached.

Cheers,
Henry

wdowik02.jpg
 Description:
Marriage Record
 Filesize:  1.03 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

wdowik02.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:43 am      Post subject: Re: Translation Request

Henry Soszynski wrote:
katarzyna_t wrote:
Henry Soszynski wrote:
Greetings,

Cheers,
Henry

Hello Henry,

Best regards,
Katarzyna

Hi Katarzyna,
Now attached.

Cheers,
Henry

and

Janina Anna Wdowik, 18 years old, a miss, who was born in the town of Piotrogród* in Russia and is living at her parents' in the town of Tomaszów, daughter of living spouses Wdowik: Łukasz and Jadwiga nee Kmiecińska.
This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage....

*Piotrogród: Saint Petersburg

original: a Janiną Anną Wdowik, lat osiemnaście mającą, panną, urodzoną w mieście Pietrogrodzie-Rosji, a zamieszkałą w mieście Tomaszowie przy rodzicach, córką żyjących Łukasza i Jadwigi z Kmiecińskich, małżonków Wdowików. Małżeństwo to poprzedziły trzy zapowiedzi ogło-....

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Henry Soszynski

Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:17 am      Post subject: Re: Translation Request

marcelproust wrote:
Henry Soszynski wrote:
katarzyna_t wrote:
Henry Soszynski wrote:
Greetings,

Cheers,
Henry

Hello Henry,

Best regards,
Katarzyna

Hi Katarzyna,
Now attached.

Cheers,
Henry

and

Janina Anna Wdowik, 18 years old, a miss, who was born in the town of Piotrogród* in Russia and is living at her parents' in the town of Tomaszów, daughter of living spouses Wdowik: Łukasz and Jadwiga nee Kmiecińska.

original: a Janiną Anną Wdowik, lat osiemnaście mającą, panną, urodzoną w mieście Pietrogrodzie-Rosji, a zamieszkałą w mieście Tomaszowie przy rodzicach, córką żyjących Łukasza i Jadwigi z Kmiecińskich, małżonków Wdowików. Małżeństwo to poprzedziły trzy zapowiedzi ogło-....

Thank you for the confirmation, much appreciated. Regarding Janina's birth in Russia, I'm curious as to her position. Would she have been Polish and just living in St. Petersburg at that time, or would she be of Russian ancestry but the names were 'Polonized' when she moved to Tomaszów. I must admit I wasn't expecting this.

Cheers,
Henry
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:43 am      Post subject: Re: Translation Request

Henry Soszynski wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
Henry Soszynski wrote:
katarzyna_t wrote:
Henry Soszynski wrote:
Greetings,

Cheers,
Henry

Hello Henry,

Best regards,
Katarzyna

Hi Katarzyna,
Now attached.

Cheers,
Henry

and

Thank you for the confirmation, much appreciated. Regarding Janina's birth in Russia, I'm curious as to her position. Would she have been Polish and just living in St. Petersburg at that time, or would she be of Russian ancestry but the names were 'Polonized' when she moved to Tomaszów. I must admit I wasn't expecting this.

Cheers,
Henry

The marriage took place in 1938 so You can ask the Registry Office do they have any additional documents attached to this marriage record or ask State Archives if the Census Records from Tomaszów exist. If such books exist, there may be details of Janina Anna and her parents. It would also be good to check if she was baptized in Tomaszów.

RoxanneSpychalski

Replies: 13

Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:41 pm      Post subject: Update

Hello,
I was wondering if there is an update regarding the translation of these documents please. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Roxanne

07BF3AAC-EC82-4DE6-B22C-B338FBE933E4.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  795.04 KB

07BF3AAC-EC82-4DE6-B22C-B338FBE933E4.jpeg

BAFD2AA9-A642-4A2F-9993-4F6781D678F6.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  736.62 KB

BAFD2AA9-A642-4A2F-9993-4F6781D678F6.jpeg

2532C672-6005-450C-A370-504F06C25405.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  954.93 KB

2532C672-6005-450C-A370-504F06C25405.jpeg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:59 pm      Post subject: Re: Update

RoxanneSpychalski wrote:
Hello,
I was wondering if there is an update regarding the translation of these documents please. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Roxanne

As i wrote in my previous post, i am waiting for the image of the whole pages. As you see the pages you have attached are cut.

RoxanneSpychalski

Replies: 13

Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:02 pm      Post subject: Re: Update

Sorry this is the way the photo was taking and it’s all I have. Unfortunately I do not have the full photo

marcelproust wrote:
RoxanneSpychalski wrote:
Hello,

Kind regards,
Roxanne

As i wrote in my previous post, i am waiting for the image of the whole pages. As you see the pages you have attached are cut.
hbuchhorn

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:00 pm      Post subject: Translation

Hi Marcel,

Could you help me with this one (167 on the top left)? I am looking for a Rozalia Steinke of about this time. The date of birth I have for the one I am looking for definitely has the wrong year but the day and month could be right. The dates I have are 19/31 March (I guess birth is 19 and baptism is 31). The year I had was 1866 but I know this can't be right as she had her first son in November 1877, so I am thinking the correct year could be 1860.

Thanks,

Henrique

341.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.58 MB

341.jpg

hbuchhorn

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:01 pm      Post subject: Translation

Hi Marcel,

Could you help me with this one (top left, 167)? I am looking for a Rozalia Steinke of about this time. The date of birth I have for the one I am looking for definitely has the wrong year but the day and month could be right. The dates I have are 19/31 March (I guess birth is 19 and baptism is 31). The year I had was 1866 but I know this can't be right as she had her first son in November 1877, so I am thinking the correct year could be 1860.

Thanks,

Henrique

341.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.58 MB

341.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:51 pm      Post subject: Re: Update

RoxanneSpychalski wrote:
Sorry this is the way the photo was taking and it’s all I have. Unfortunately I do not have the full photo

marcelproust wrote:
RoxanneSpychalski wrote:
Hello,

Kind regards,
Roxanne

Ok, I understand. I will try to do my best, I need some more time.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:43 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation

hbuchhorn wrote:
Hi Marcel,

Could you help me with this one (167 on the top left)? I am looking for a Rozalia Steinke of about this time. The date of birth I have for the one I am looking for definitely has the wrong year but the day and month could be right. The dates I have are 19/31 March (I guess birth is 19 and baptism is 31). The year I had was 1866 but I know this can't be right as she had her first son in November 1877, so I am thinking the correct year could be 1860.

Thanks,

Henrique

Nr 167

It happened in Konin, on October 2nd/14th 1860, at 5 p.m.
Appeared Fryderyk Steinke, farmer living in Ślesin, 25 years old, in the presence of Jan Steinke, 51 years old and Andrzej Stefan, 60 years old, both okupniks* living in Lubomyśle and presentes Us a female infant child, who was born on September 23rd/October 5th of the current year, at 8 a.m., with his wife: Wilhelmina nee Steinke, 24 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name: Rozalia and the godparents were: aforementioned Jan Steinke and Matylda Klatt nee Krüger.

This document was read to the declarant and the witnesses and was not signed by them, because they declared they were illiterate.

Pastor of the Evangelical parish in Konin.

*okupnik: a peasant who owns a land, released from serfdom

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:23 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

And a few more translations for this Family please.

Zawady
Nr 9

It happened in the village of Tłokinia, on February 4th 1843, at 9 a.m.
Appeared: Kura Antoni, deceased's brother, farmer from the colony Mała, 45 years old and Jakubczak Andrzej, deceased's stepson, farmer from Zawady, 28 years old, and they declared, that yesterday, at 8 a.m., died in Zawady Kura Franciszek, who lived in Zawady, farmer, who was born in Tłokinia, son of the late Wawrzyniec Kura and his mother, tenant, living in Zawady: Józefa nee Suchorska. he died at the age of 35 and left his widowed wife Franciszka nee Mucha.
After convinced myself about the death of Kura this act was written down and read to the illiterate declarants, who were all catholics and it was signed by Us.

Priest Buczyński Stanisław.

Zawady

It happened in Tłokinia, on June 16th 1832, at 9 a.m.
We make it known, that in the presence of: Jakub Burek, 65 years old, farmer from Tłokinia and Antoni Kura, 32 years old, groom's brother, farmer living in Zmyślanka, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Franciszek Kura, a single man, 36 years old, who was born in Tłokinia, son of Wawrzyniec and Józefa, spouses Kura, of which the mother is living in Zmyślanka

and

Franciszka Mucha nee Jakóbczak, widow after the late Józef Mucha, 41 years old, who was born in Zawady, daughter of the late spouses: Kazimierz and Wiktoria.

This marriage ceremony was performed by the priest Łukasiewicz, deputy of the Kalisz cathedral chapter's Canon priest and it was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced on: May 27th, June 3rd and 10th of the current month.

There were no objections for this marriage.
Newlyweds declared that they did not enter into any prenuptial agreement.

All persons mentioned in this marriage record were of catholic religion.
This act was written down and it was read to the illiterate newlyweds and was signed by Us.

Priest F. Winger, vicar of the Kalisz chapter.

Tłokinia

It happened on February 1811, in front of Us, parson of the Tłokinia parish, serving as Civil Registrar for the commune of Tłokinia, located in the county and department of Kalisz, appeared: Wawrzyniec Kura, farmer, 40 years old, living in Tłokinia, and presented Us a female infant child, who was born in his house number 29, on February 23rd of the current year and he declared that the child was born of him and his wife Józefa, whose first marriage's surname was: Suchorska, 28 years old and that his wish is to name the child: Helena.
After submitting the above declaration and presenting the child, the document was read in the presence of the witnesses: Wojciech Pilas, 28 years old and Mateusz Kaleta, farmer, 50 years old, and signed.
The father of the child and the witnesses were illiterate.

Priest's signature.

Nr 53
Colony Mała.

It happened in the village of Tłokinia, on August 20th 1844, at 7 a.m.
Appeared: Ruch Wawrzyniec, 40 years old and Kura Antoni, 42 years old, deceased's brother, both farmers from the colony of Mała and they declared, that on August 17th of the current year, at 9 p.m., died in the colony of Mała Kura Tomasz, who lived in the colony of Mała, farmer, who was born in Tłokinia, son of the late Wawrzyniec and Józefa nee Suchorska, spouses Kura. He died at the age of 53 and left his widowed wife Rozalia nee Nowak.
After convinced myself about the death of Tomasz this act was read to the illiterate declarants and it was signed by Us.

Priest Buczyński Stanisław.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 505, 506, 507 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 506 of 580

Jump to: