PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 516, 517, 518 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:13 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation Wigry Marriage Rozalia Bogdan and Jakub Lore

Mbogdanowicz wrote:
Please hlep with possible translation:
1819 Wigry
Jakub Lorens -parents Jakub and Dorota Brzozowska and Rozalia Bogdan - Parents Jan and Elzbieta Malinkowska
It appears It is Scan 31
Although there are similar names on the previous scan - 30.
It appears Rozalia is related to Tomasz Bogdan(owicz) son of Jan and Elzbieta
Thank you kindly,
Matt

I am working on it.
the first scan in the marriage record and the second scan in the document for the banns of marriage.

Nr 28
Ciemny Lasek

In the year of 1819, on November 24th, at 5 p.m., in front of Us, the Civil Registar for the commune of Wigry, in the county of Dąbrowa, in the voivodeship of Augustów, appeared:

Jakub Lorens, a single man, who according to the birth certificate, extracted from the church register of the Berżniki parish, is 19 years old, farmer living in the town of Sejny, who appeared in the assistance of his mother, Dorota Lorens nee Brzozowska

and

Rozalia Bogdan, a miss, who proved Us her age with the birth certificate, extracted from the church register of the Wigry parish, 18 years old, who lives in her parents' house. She appeared in the assistance of her parents, Jan Bogdan and Elżbieta Bogdan nee Malinowska, who live luźno* in the uroczysko (term explained in my previous translation) Ciemny Lasek.

The present parties demand Us to celebrate the marriage they arranged between themselves, whose announcements came out in front of the main door of our commune house, it is: the first one on Nocember 14th and the second on November 21st of the current year, at 12 o'clock at noon. When no opposition to the marriage had happed, and the parties hereby present do allow to the rite of marriage, We acceede therefore to the demand of parties, after reading all the above mentioned papers as well as the sixth Charper of the Civil Code titled "On marriage", We asked the future spouse (him) and the future spouse (her), if they want to connect to each other by the union of marriage? When every one separately answered they so wish, we therefore declare in the name of the law, that

Jakub Lorens, a single man and Rozalia Bogdan, a miss are connected to each other with the node of marriage, what we wrote down in this Act, in consciousness of:

Andrzej Orzechowski, 30 years old, Romaldy Chrulski, 23 years old, Tadeusz Smoleński, 50 years old and Jan Bobrukiewicz, 50 years old, all farmers who live in the uroczysko Ciemny Lasek, located in the commune of Wigry.

This Act was read to the present and was siged by Us, Civil Registrar, because the persons mentioned in this Act were illiterate.

Priest Feliks Naruszewicz, serving as Civil Registrar.

_______

luźno*: adverb, literaly it means: loosely.

Former Poland was a country in which there was a clear state division. There were, however, numerous masses of people who did not fit into the established division into basic states: nobles, townsmen and peasants. These people were called: luźni.
Their living conditions and customs were largely different to those of the serfs. They enjoyed considerable freedom, they were not assigned to the land. However, their living conditions were usually much worse than the last ones.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
TedMack

Replies: 479

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:19 pm      Post subject: Polish Record Translation

G'day Marcel

Can you please translate the attached death record.

Death Katarzyna Chalka - record 66 pg 1 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  176.59 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Death Katarzyna Chalka - record 66 pg 1 (2).jpg

Death Katarzyna Chalka - record 66 pg 2 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  221.68 KB

Death Katarzyna Chalka - record 66 pg 2 (2).jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:34 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

Can you please translate the attached death record.

Nr 66
Pamięcin

In the year of 1821, on November 21st, at 9 a.m., in front of Us, the undersigned Civil Registrar for the commune of Pamięcin, located in the district and voivodeship of Kalisz, appeared: Stefan Przybylak, 46 years old and Walenty Szymczak, 40 years old, both farmers living in the village of Pamięcin and they declared Us that on the 20th day of the current month and year, at 11 a.m., died of shortness of breath: Katarzyna Chalka, 70 years old. She died in the house number 2, which I wrote down in this record and when none of the declarants was literate, this act was read and signed by Us.

Priest Jan Borzych.

hsteeves
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 27

Post Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:48 am      Post subject:

Good morning!
I am excited that I found a record of my ancestor Friedrich Ernst Magdalinski born in Lauenburg, Pommern and died in Warsaw. Unfortunately I am having trouble reading most of it. Could someone please provide a translation? It is record 256. It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you- Heidi Steeves

E9DE28A7-60A9-4E28-BBF8-B6A94A68E10B.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.66 MB

E9DE28A7-60A9-4E28-BBF8-B6A94A68E10B.png

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:15 am      Post subject:

hsteeves wrote:
Good morning!
I am excited that I found a record of my ancestor Friedrich Ernst Magdalinski born in Lauenburg, Pommern and died in Warsaw. Unfortunately I am having trouble reading most of it. Could someone please provide a translation? It is record 256. It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you- Heidi Steeves

Nr 256

It happened in Warszawa, on November 17th, 1835, at 2 p.m.
Appeared JPan*, Henryk Welker, hat manufacturer in Warszawa, 54 years old and JPan Franciszek Szpecht, master miller in Warszawa, 47 years old and they declared that yesterday, at 12 o'clock at noon, died in the house number 383, located at Krakowskie Przedmieście street: JPan Ernest Fryderyk Magdaliński, citizen and hat manufacturer in Warszawa, who was born in the town of Lauenburg** in Prussia.
The witnesses do not know any information about the deceased's parents and other members of his family.
He died at the age of 60.
He left his wife, Katarzyna nee Gumpricht and four daughters:
Anna, 19 years old,
Julianna, 18 years old,
Ludwika, 15 years old,
Natalia, 10 years old.

After convinced myself about the death of Ernest Fryderyk Magdaliński, this act was read to the declarants and was signed by them.

Priest Jerzy Fetzner, pastor of the Evangelical-Augsburg commune in Warsaw.

________
JPan*: abbreviation of the phrase "Jaśnie Pan", which was the old polish manner of address for a person who was significant or occupied higher position.

**Lauenburg: the contemporary name of this town is Lębork. It is located in Poland.

cbuckord

Replies: 30

Post Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:57 pm      Post subject: Please translate

Please translate these family records for me. I really appreciate all of your help. Thank you very much, Dena

1834 13 Franciszek Lojewski death.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  281.12 KB

1834 13 Franciszek Lojewski death.jpg

1835 8 Marcin Sleszynski death.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  328.29 KB

1835 8 Marcin Sleszynski death.jpg

1833 Antoni Zielinski & Apolonia Binkowska.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  545.97 KB

1833 Antoni Zielinski & Apolonia Binkowska.jpg

1827 57 Mateusz Czyzewski and Katarzyna Zarzecka.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  304.01 KB

1827 57 Mateusz Czyzewski and Katarzyna Zarzecka.jpg

1837 Julian Cizewski birth.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  237.57 KB

1837 Julian Cizewski birth.jpg

cbuckord

Post Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:09 pm      Post subject: Please translate

Here are more files. Thanks, Dena

1835 Marianna Zielinski and Bartlomiej Zielski.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.18 MB

1835 Marianna Zielinski and Bartlomiej Zielski.jpg

1821 46 Antonina Lojewski birth.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  303.17 KB

1821 46 Antonina Lojewski birth.jpg

1858 Jan Konarski Death.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  400.7 KB

1858 Jan Konarski Death.jpg

1845 33 Wiktoria Sleszynska death.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  356.09 KB

1845 33 Wiktoria Sleszynska death.jpg

1827 136 Marianna Sikorska Czyzewska death.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  118.49 KB

1827 136 Marianna Sikorska Czyzewska death.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:32 pm      Post subject: Re: Please translate

cbuckord wrote:
Please translate these family records for me. I really appreciate all of your help. Thank you very much, Dena

I am working on it.

cbuckord

Post Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:03 pm      Post subject: Please translate

And a few more. Thank you, Dena

1850 Marianna Grabowska (Zielinska) and Balcer Gladkowski.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  851.91 KB

1850 Marianna Grabowska (Zielinska) and Balcer Gladkowski.jpg

1833 Katarzyna Zielinski and Jan Czerwinki (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  482.17 KB

1833 Katarzyna Zielinski and Jan Czerwinki (2).jpg

1836 2 Mikolaj Cizewski and Teofila Kalinowski.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  250.97 KB

1836 2 Mikolaj Cizewski and Teofila Kalinowski.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:19 pm      Post subject: Re: Please translate

cbuckord wrote:
And a few more. Thank you, Dena

I am working on it.

NatReiter

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:55 am      Post subject: Great Grandfathers birth/baptism 1898 certificate help

Hi there,

I tried using Google Translate and it was only able to get me so far. I believe at the top it translates to Republic of Poland, and also mentioned Ternopil, which is now part of Ukraine if I am not mistaken. He was born late 1800’s. I also cannot read what I assume to be the parents and godparents names on the certificate.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you

Natalie

A92BCB0A-9FA8-4C23-98C8-9FC6EDEFBB9E.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  83.12 KB

A92BCB0A-9FA8-4C23-98C8-9FC6EDEFBB9E.jpeg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:29 pm      Post subject: Re: Great Grandfathers birth/baptism 1898 certificate help

NatReiter wrote:
Hi there,

I tried using Google Translate and it was only able to get me so far. I believe at the top it translates to Republic of Poland, and also mentioned Ternopil, which is now part of Ukraine if I am not mistaken. He was born late 1800’s. I also cannot read what I assume to be the parents and godparents names on the certificate.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you

Natalie

This document is written in latin so I recommend You ask for translation in the latin translations section, here:

https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=1759

Helli
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 289

Post Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:07 pm      Post subject: Help with translation for birth records

Hi Marcel,

would you kindly translate the 2 birth records, your time permitting. Thank you in advance for your help!

B-1810-1811#24-Bylica+ Wadyno GenBaza Kuczbork.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  425.76 KB

B-1810-1811#24-Bylica+ Wadyno GenBaza Kuczbork.jpg

B-1809#41 Tank GenBaza Kuczbork.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  512.36 KB

B-1809#41 Tank GenBaza Kuczbork.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:31 pm      Post subject: Re: Help with translation for birth records

Helli wrote:
Hi Marcel,

would you kindly translate the 2 birth records, your time permitting. Thank you in advance for your help!

Olszewko

In the year of 1810, on October 30th, at 2 p.m., in front of Us, the Civil Registrar for the commune of Kuczbork, located in the county of Mława, in the department of Płock, appeared Jerzy Bylica, innkeeper in Olszewko, 38 years old and presented Us a male child, who was born in his house number 11, on 26th day of the current month and year, at 4 a.m., and he declared that the child was born of him and his wife, Marianna nee Wadyna, 31 years old, and that his wish was to name the child: Jan.
After making the above statement and presenting the child, in the presence of Krystian Tank, farmer, 40 years old, living in Olszewko and Michał Roznoch, farmer, 42 years old, living in Olszewko, this birth record was read to the present and due to the fact that the witnesses were illiterate it was signed by Us.

Jakub Aleksandrowicz, Civil Registrar.

Olszewko

In the year of 1810, on January 22nd, at 1 p.m., in front of Us, the Civil Registrar for the commune of Kuczbork, located in the county of Mława, in the department of Płock, appeared Krystian Tanka, farmer, 32 years old and presented Us a male child, who was born in his house number 8, on January 20th day of the current year, at 6 p.m., and he declared that the child was born of him and his wife, Elżbieta nee Teys, 30 years old, and that his wish was to name the child: Paweł.
After making the above statement and presenting the child, in the presence of Michał Roznoch, farmer, 42 years old and Michał Wąsosz, farmer, 40 years old, both living in Olszewko, this birth record was read to the present and due to the fact that the witnesses were illiterate it was signed by Us.

Jakub Aleksandrowicz, Civil Registrar.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:22 pm      Post subject: Re: Please translate

cbuckord wrote:

Łoje-Gręzka

It happened in the village of Przytuły, on May 5th, 1834, at 2 p.m.
Appeared: Andrzej Łojewski, 46 years old, deceased's son and Jakub Filochowski, 48 years old, neighbour, both noblemans from the village of Łoje-Gręzka and they declared Us, that yesterday, at 11 p.m., died Franciszek Łojewski, 80 years old, widower, son of nobleman, Jan Łojewski.
After convinced myself about this death, this act was read to the declarants and was signed by Us only, because they were illiterate.

Parish-priest, Dmochowski.

_____________________-

Ślazy

It happened in the village of Przytuły, on February 15th, 1835, at 9 a.m.
Appeared Jan Polkowski, 53 years old, deceased's son-in-law and Jan Karwowski, 24 years old, neighbour, both noblemans living in the village of Ślazy, and they declared Us that yesterday, at 10 a.m., in the village of Ślazy, died: Marcin Szleszyński, nobleman, 84 years old, husband of living Anna nee Szleszyńska, son of the late parents: Joachim and Anna nee Cwalińska.
After convinced myself about the death of Marcin this act was read to the declarants and was signed by Us only, because they were illiterate.

Parish-priest Dmochowski.

Płonko
Nr 17

It happened in the village of Płonne, on November 24th, 1833, at 1 p.m.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses: Jan Murawski, 43 years old and Bartłomiej Dembliński, 37 years old, both farmers from Płonko, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Antoni Zieliński, a single man, 25 years old, who was born in Gorczenica, living at his parents' in Płonko, son of Jan Zieliński and Barbara Zielińska

and

Apolonia Bonkowska, a miss, 22 years old, who was born in Ośmiałowo, daughter of the late Błażej Bonkowski and living Katarzyna Bonkowska, living in Płonko.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced in the parish church of Płonne, on: November 3rd, 10th and 17th of the current year.

Groom'd father and bride's mother, who were present at writing this marriage record, gave their oral permission for this marriage.
Newlyweds declared that they did not enter into the prenuptial agreement.

This act was read to the newlyweds and the witnesses and was signed by Us only, because the newlyweds and the witnesses were all illiterate.

Parish-priest, Mikołaj Gąsiorowski.

Nr 57
Wąsosz

It happened in the town of Wąsosz, on November 26th, 1827, at 4 p.m.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses: Jan Żurawski, 30 years old, from Wąsosz and Łukasz Łepkowski, 50 years old, farmers from Modzele, a religious marriage was concluded, between:

Mateusz Czyżewski, blacksmith, 20 years old, son of spouses: Mateusz Czyżewski and Marianna Czyżewska nee Sikorowska, living at his parents' in Wąsosz. He appeared in the assistance of his father

and

Katarzyna Zarzycka, a miss, 19 years old, daughter of spouses: Jan Zarzycki and Marianna Zarzycka nee Jeziorek, living at her parents' in Wąsosz.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced in the parish church of Wąsosz, on: November 11th, 18th and 25th of the current year.

There were no objections for this marriage.
Newlyweds did not enter into the prenuptial agreement.
We wrote down the marriage act and read it to the newlyweds and the witnesses and it was signed by Us, because the newlyweds and the witnesses were illiterate.

Priest Modzelewski.

Nr 24
Wąsosz

It happened in the town of Wąsosz, on February 19th, 1837, at 5 p.m.
Appeared Mateusz Czyżewski, townsman, farmer, living in Wąsosz, 30 years old, in the presence of Jan Zyskowski, 28 years old and Jan Malinowski, 29 years old, townsmans, farmers living in Wąsosz and presented Us a male infant child, who was born yesterday in Wąsosz, at 12 o'clock at noon, of his wife Katarzyna nee Zarzecka, 32 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name: Julian and the godparents were: Paweł Podgórski and Marianna Godlewska.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses and was signed by Us. The declarant and the witnesses were all illiterate.

Priest Łotaczewski, parish-priest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 516, 517, 518 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 517 of 580

Jump to: