PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 518, 519, 520 ... 579, 580, 581  Next
Author

Replies: 25

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:56 am      Post subject:

Hi Marcel,

Can you please translate the following documents.

Is it possible to write the peoples names "as is" on the document without translating them to male female etc.?

Thanks in Advance,
YH

1866 D Brucha.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  946.69 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1866 D Brucha.jpg

1865 B Brucha.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.02 MB

1865 B Brucha.jpg

YHB

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:00 am      Post subject:

Hi Marcel,

Is it possible to write the peoples names "as is" on the document without translating them to male female etc.?

Thanks in Advance,
YH

1901 D Hersla Berek.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  572.57 KB

1901 D Hersla Berek.jpg

1897 M Hersla Berek.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  917.89 KB

1897 M Hersla Berek.jpg

1865 B Hershel Berek.jpg
 Description:

1865 B Hershel Berek.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4195

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:01 am      Post subject: Re: Record translations

YHB wrote:
Hi Marcel,

Thanks in Advance,
YH

I am working on it.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:37 am      Post subject: Re: Record translations

YHB wrote:
Hi Marcel,

Thanks in Advance,
YH

At your request, in parentheses, I write the names as they written in the document:

It happened in the town of Klimontów, on May 23rd, 1862, at 2 p.m.
Appeared jew, Zajwel Braum, trader, 25 years old, living in the town of Klimontów, in the presence of the witnesses: jew, Mosiek (Mośka) Agater, 47 years old and Ejzyk (Ejzyka) Kimel, 48 years old, szkolnik's (members of the kahal administration, kind of cheder teachers) who live in the town of Klimontów, and presented Us a male child, who was born in Klimontów, on May 9th, of the current year, at 11 p.m., of his wife, Chaja Zysla nee Apelbaum (Chai Zysli z Apelbaumów), 24 years old.
At the circumcission rite, the child was given the name: Chaim Majer.
After convinced myself about the identity of the parents of the child and the witnesses, this record was read to the declarant and the witnesses and was signed by them.

Zajwel Braum
Mosiek Agater
Eyzyk Kimel

Civil Registrar: Lechowski??

It happened in the town of Klimontów, on May 15th\27th, 1859, at 5 p.m.
Appeared jew, Zajwel Brauner, trader, 23 years old, living here, in the town of Klimontów, in the presence of the witnesses, jews: Moszek (Moszka) Agater, szkolnik (term explained in the previous translation), 44 years old and Ejzyk (Ejzyka) Kimeł, szkolnik, 45 years old, who live here, in the town of Klimontów, and presented Us a male child, who was born here, in the town of Klimontów, on the 7th\19th day of the current month and year, at 12 o'clock at noon, of his wife, Chaja (Chai) Zogsiel (or maybe: Zoysiel???), 23 years old.
At the circumcision rite, the child was given the names: Mortka Berek.
This record was read to the declarant and the witnesses and was signed by them.

Zajwel Brauner
Moszek Agater
Ejzyk Kimeł

Civil Registrar: Gn...(can't read).

It happened in the town of Klimontów, on March 26th, 1827, at 10 a.m.
Appeared jew, Josek Cherszkowicz Brauner, living at his father's in Klimontów, 24 years old, in the presence of the witnesses: jew, Jakub Zołkowicz (Jakoba Zołkowicza) Frocht, baker, 45 years old and Lewek (Lewka) Nachmanowicz (Nachmanowicza) Kanar, szkolnik, 37 years old, who both live in Klimontów and presented Us a male child, who was born here, in Klimontów, on March 18th of the current year, at 2 p.m., of his wife Ryfki z Icków Braunerowey, 20 years old.
At the curcumcision rite the child was given the name: Zaywel Brauner.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses and was signed by the father of the child and the witnesses, Jakobem Załkowiczem Frocht i Lewkiem Nachmanowiczem Kanar.

Josek Cherszkowicz Brauner
Jakub Zołkiewicz Frocht
Lewek Nachmanowicz Kanar.

Civil Registrar: Kasper Kaczkowski.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:38 am      Post subject:

YHB wrote:
Hi Marcel,

Thanks in Advance,
YH

Nr 44

It happened in the town of Klimontów, on June 2nd\14th, 1866, at 8 a.m.
Appeared jews, Mosiek Agater, szkolnik, 51 years old and Abram Sandomierski, oil trader, 54 years old, both living in the town of Klimontów, and they declared that on May 30th\June 12th of the current year, at 11 a.m., died in the town of Klimontów: Brucha Broner, 2 years old, daughter of Zajnwel (Zajnwla) and Chaja Zysla (Chai Zysli) nee Epelbaum (z Epelbaumów), spouses Broner (Bronerów).
After convinved myself about the death of Brucha (Bruchy) Broner this record was read to the witnesses and was signed by them.

Abram Sandomierski
Mosiek Agater

Civil Registrar: Lechowski.

Nr 238

It happened in the town of Klimontów, on December 30th, 1865, at 2 p.m.
Appeared jew, Zajnwel Brauner, 30 years old, who works for a living as a trader, living in the town of Klimontów, in the presence of the witnesses: jews, Mosiek (Mośka) Agater, szkolnik, 50 years old and Abram (Abrama) Sandomierski (Sandomierskiego), oil trader, 53 years old, who live in the town of Klimontów and presented Us a female child, who was born in the town of Klimontów, on December 22nd of the current year, at 7 p.m., of his wife, Chaja Zysla, of two names (Chai Zysli) nee Epelbaum (z Epelbaumów), 20 years old.
At the religious rite the child was given the name: Brucha.
After convinced myself about the identity of the parents of the child and the witnesses this record was read to the declarant and the witnesses and was signed by them.

Zajnwel Brauner
Abram Sandomierski
Mosiek Agater
Civil Registrar: Lechowski.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:43 am      Post subject:

YHB wrote:
Hi Marcel,

Thanks in Advance,
YH

Nr 11

It happened in Klimontów, on June 8th\21st, 1901, at 6 p.m.
Appeared personally Mendel Fefer, melamed, 46 years old and Pinkwas Tyszler, trader, 57 years old, who live in Klimontów, and they declared that on June 6th\19th of the current year, at 5 a.m., died in Klimontów: Herszla Berek, of two names, Brauner, 44 years old, son of Zajnwel (Zajnwela) and Ita (Ity) nee Zeleser, who was born and lived in Klimontów. He left his widowed wife, Rajza nee Grinberg.
After convinced myself about the death of Herszla Berek, of two names, Brauner (Herszli Berka Braunera) this record was read to the present and was signed by them.

Witnesses: Fefer, Tyszler

Civil Registrar: head of the commune of Klimontów: M. Maranowski ?

Nr 11

It happened in Klimontów, on July 3rd\15th, 1897, at 7 p.m.
Appeared personally the rabbi of the synagogue of Klimontów district, Majer Szyja Gelerenter and

Herszel Berek, of two names, Brauner, a single man, 40 years old, whose birth record was entered into the parish book in the year of 1865, at number 119, son of Zajnwel and the late Ita nee Zeleger, , trader, who lives in Klimontów

and

Rajza Grinberg, a miss, 40 years old, whose birth record was entered into the parish book in the year of 1857, at number 16, daughter of the late Zajwel and living Estera nee Majngarszen, trader, living in Klimontów,

who appeared in the presence of the witnesses:

Mendel Fefer, malamed, 45 years old and Pinkwas Tyszler, trader, 55 years old, who live in Klimontów,

and he declared that in front of Him, the rabbi, a religious marriage was concluded in Klimontów, at 2 p.m., between:

Herszel Berek, of two names, Brauner, a single man and Rajza Grinberg, a miss.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced by the mentioned in this record rabbi, in the synagogue of Klimontów, on: June 7th\19th, June 14th\26th and June 20th\July 2nd of the current year.

Newlyweds declared that they did not enter into the prenuptial agreement and they declared that they lived together before the marriage had happened and that they had children, who were born before the marriage took place, and that they stated that this were their own children:
daughter Nacha, who was born on June 6th\18th 1879,
daughter Hena Giszla, who was born on April 13th\25th 1882 and
daughter Hinda Alica?, who was born on May 2nd\14th 1888.

This act was read to the present and was signed by the groom, the rabbi, the witnesses and Us. the other persons declared that they were illiterate.

Groom: Berek Brauner
Rabbi: M. Sz. Gelerenter
Witnesses: Fefer and Tyszler.

Civil Registrar: head of the Klimontów commune: M. Marynowski.

YHB

Post Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:18 pm      Post subject:

Thanks Marcel.
Sorry seems like you left out the third Document (#114)
Can you please translate it?

1865 B Hershel Berek.jpg
 Description:

1865 B Hershel Berek.jpg

j_lex

Replies: 50

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:42 pm      Post subject:

Hello, I am seeking a translation of the following 1890 marriage record of Jan Grezlachowski and Josefa Igła from Podlesie Kościelne. I understand the Latin headers, but I'm having difficulty with the Polish handwriting for this record. I am most interested in where Josefa is from.

Thank you.

1890m_igla2.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  152.24 KB

1890m_igla2.JPG

1890m_igla1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  188 KB

1890m_igla1.JPG

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:03 am      Post subject:

j_lex wrote:
Hello, I am seeking a translation of the following 1890 marriage record of Jan Grezlachowski and Josefa Igła from Podlesie Kościelne. I understand the Latin headers, but I'm having difficulty with the Polish handwriting for this record. I am most interested in where Josefa is from.

Thank you.

Nr 3
Date: November 27th
Name of the priest who celebrated the marriage ceremony: administrator priest, can't read the signature

Newlyweds: Jan Grzelachowski, a single man, from Michalcza, located in the parish of Kłecko and Józefa Igła from Zbietka, a miss (daughter of a daylaborer)

Religion of the newlyweds: catholic

Consent of the parents and guardians: consent of own and parents

Banns of marriage: it is written in latin, I do not understand it

Witnesses: Antoni Przyborski and Ignacy Przyborski, both from Mieściska.

As for the latin sentence I recommend you to ask for a translation in the latin translations section on this forum.

j_lex

Replies: 50

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:09 am      Post subject:

Thank you very much Marcel, most helpful!
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:52 am      Post subject:

YHB wrote:
Thanks Marcel.
Sorry seems like you left out the third Document (#114)
Can you please translate it?

Nr 119

It happened in the town of Klimontów, on June 29th, 1865, at 9 a.m.
Appeared jew, Zajnwel Brauner, trader living in the town of Klimontów, 45 years old, in the presence of the witnesses, jews: Mosiek Agater, szkolnik (term explained in my previous translations), 50 years old and Abram Sandomierski, oil trader, 53 years old, both living in the town of Klimontów, and presented Us a male child, who was born here, in the town of Klimontów, on October 3rd, 1857, at 7 a.m., of his wife, Ita nee Zeleger, 40 years old.

At the circumcision rite, the child was given two names: Herszla Berek.
After convinced myself about the identity of the child's parents and the witnesses, this act was read to the declarant and the witnesses and was signed by them.

I explain that due to my stay abroad, I could not register the child within the prescribed period.

Zajnwel Brauner
Abram Sandomierski
Mosiek Agater

Civil Registrar, Lechowski.

TedMack

Replies: 480

Post Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:07 am      Post subject: Polish Records Transaltion

'day Marcel

Can you please translate the attached records.

A gift has been provided.

Cheers

Birth Wojciech Kura - record 12 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  192.74 KB

Birth Wojciech Kura - record 12 (2).jpg

Birth Jozefa Grala - record 5 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  206.07 KB

Birth Jozefa Grala - record 5 (2).jpg

Birth Kasper Grala - record 2 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  219.68 KB

Birth Kasper Grala - record 2 (2).jpg

Death Marcin Galant - record 41 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  177.07 KB

Death Marcin Galant - record 41 (2).jpg

Birth Jozef Mackowski - record 27 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  188.46 KB

Birth Jozef Mackowski - record 27 (2).jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:44 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Records Transaltion

TedMack wrote:
'day Marcel

Can you please translate the attached records.

A gift has been provided.

Cheers

Tłokinia

In the year of 1821, on April 8th, in front of Us, the Civil Registrar for the commune of Tłokinia, located in the county and voivodeship of Kalisz, appeared: Tomasz Kura, farmer from Tłokinia, 29 years old and presented Us a male infant child, who was born yesterday in his house number 16, and he declared the the child was born of him and his wife of the first marriage, Rozalia nee Wochlik, 25 years old, and that his wish was to name the child: Wojciech.
After making the above statement and presenting the child, in the presence of Antoni Kura, 34 years old and Józef Gibur, 38 years old, farmers from Tłokinia, this act was read to the present and was signed. the present were all illiterate.

Priest Karol Sarnowski, serving as Civil Registrar.

Tłokinia

In the year of 1821, on February 18th, in front of Us, the Civil Registrar for the commune of Tłokinia, located in the county and the voivodeship of Kalisz, appeared Piotr Grala, zagrodnik* from Tłokinia, 40 years old and presented Us a female infant child, who was born yesterday in his house number 20, and declared that the child was born of him and his wife, of the first marriage, Petronella nee Marczak, 31 years old, and that his wish was to name the child: Józefa.
After making the above statement and presenting the child, in the presence of Jan Prus, 39 years old and Michał Jakobek, 40 years old, farmers from Tłokinia, this act was read to the present and signed. The present were all illiterate.

Priest Karol Sarnowski, serving as Civil Registrar.

*zagrodnik: a peasant with a house and a farm with an area of ​​not more than 1/4 of a łan [an old unit of field measurement used in Poland]. Farmers who owned only a small piece of land were not able to feed the entire family, and therefore became the main mercenary force in the countryside.

Tłokinia

In the year of 1819, on January 6th, in front of Us, the Civil Registrar for the commune of Tłokinia, located in the county and the voivodeship of Kalisz, appeared: Piotr Grala, 30 years old, farmer, living in Tłokinia and presented Us a male infant child, who was born yesterday in his house number 20, and informed that the child was born of him and his wife, of the first marriage, Petronella nee Marczak, 27 years old, and that his wish was to name the child: Kacper.
After making the above statement and presenting the child, in the presence of Mateusz Suda, 27 years old and Józef Woźny, 30 years old, both living in Tłokinia, this act was read to the present and was signed. The present were illiterate.

Priest Karol Sarnowski, serving as the Civil Registrar.

Rożdżały

It happened in the village of Tłokinia, on October 18th, 1862, at 8 a.m.
Appeared: Jan Nowakowski, 31 years old and Michał Kotwas, 40 years old, both tenants from Rożdżały and they declared, that on the 16th day of the current month and year, at 6 p.m., died in Rożdżały: Marcin Galant, stable hand from Rożdżały, 30 years old, who lived and was born in Rożdżały, son of Mateusz and Franciszka, the late spouses Galant.
He left his widowed wife, Franciszka.
After convinced myself about the death of Marcin Galant this act was read and signed by Us only, because the declarants were illiterate.

Priest Tomasz Baraszkiewicz, vicar of the Kalisz Collegiate church, serving as Civil Registrar.

Rożdżały

It happened in the village of Tłokinia, on March 19th, 1865, at 9 a.m.
Appeared Karol Maćkowski, stable hand from Rożdżały, 25 years old, in the presence of the witnesses: Wojciech Mazur, watchman from Rożdżały, 36 years old and Jan Burek, rataj* from Tłokinia, 48 years old and presented Us a male infant child, and declared that the child was born yesterday in Rożdżały, at 3 p.m., of his wife, Franciszka nee Żarnecka, 28 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today by the undersigned priest, the child was given the name: Józef and the godparents were: aforementioned Wojciech Mazur and Helena burek from Tłokinia.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses and was signed by Us only, because the declarant and the witnesses were illiterate.

Priest Tomasz Baraszkiewicz, vicar of the Kalisz Collegiate church, serving as Civil Registrar.

*rataj: earner working for a landowner

TedMack

Replies: 480

Post Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:05 am      Post subject: Polish Record Translation

G'day Marcel

Can you please try and translate these records - they are from Podlesie, par. Osiek Wielki and some are of very poor quality - I think I have the correct record for Weronika Szmayda but is was only a guess.

Death Franciszka Szmayda - record 16 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  280.16 KB

Death Franciszka Szmayda - record 16 (2).jpg

Death Andrzej Szperka - record 34 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  229.5 KB

Death Andrzej Szperka - record 34 (2).jpg

Birth Weronika Szmayda - record 34 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  291.16 KB

Birth Weronika Szmayda - record 34 (2).jpg

Marriage Jozef Szmayda & Franciszka Konowski - record 1 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  389.9 KB

Marriage Jozef Szmayda & Franciszka Konowski - record 1 (2).jpg

Birth Jan Szmayda - record 50 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  428.95 KB

Birth Jan Szmayda - record 50 (2).jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:26 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

Can you please try and translate these records - they are from Podlesie, par. Osiek Wielki and some are of very poor quality - I think I have the correct record for Weronika Szmayda but is was only a guess.

I am working on it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 518, 519, 520 ... 579, 580, 581  Next Page 519 of 581

Jump to: