PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 555, 556, 557 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author

Replies: 479

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:55 pm      Post subject: Polish Record Translation

G'day Marcel

Can you please translate the attached baptism record from Gozdowo located in the parish of Kościelec.

Birth Antonina Mila 1838 - record 59 (crop).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  289.52 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Birth Antonina Mila 1838 - record 59 (crop).jpg

TedMack

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:13 pm      Post subject: Polish Record Translation

G'day Marcel

I have these outstanding translation requests from the last 6 or 7 weeks. Not sure if you are working on these or if you may have missed them.

Request 19 July and again 16 Aug 2022.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.17 KB

Request 19 July and again 16 Aug 2022.jpg

Request 19 July and again 16 Aug 2022 - 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.39 KB

Request 19 July and again 16 Aug 2022 - 2.jpg

Request 10 Aug 2022.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  74.63 KB

Request 10 Aug 2022.jpg

Request 13 Aug 2022.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.61 KB

Request 13 Aug 2022.jpg

Request 13 Aug 2022 - 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.32 KB

Request 13 Aug 2022 - 2.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:06 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

I have these outstanding translation requests from the last 6 or 7 weeks. Not sure if you are working on these or if you may have missed them.

i am on a 5 days holidays. i will do all missing translations.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
gabby

Replies: 21

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:11 pm      Post subject: Polish Translation Help - Garbula

In searching for possible siblings of my Grandfather Jan Garbula I have information from Jan's wedding record that his father and possibly my Great grandfather is a Maciej Garbula from Tomaszow Lubelski. The record stated that Jan's parents were Maciej Garbula and Marianna Garbula (Janusz). I have been told by relatives that Jan may have had a brother named Andrzej, and I searched the birth records for Andrzej Garbula 1840-1870 and have found two with a Maciej Garbula and Andrzej visible in the records and both noted as Majdan Gorny TL. One record is from 1864, #275 page 92, scan 46 of 118, and the other is from 1858, #235 page 79.scan 46 of 107. I am unable to read any Polish or have access to anyone who could translate these hand written records for me. Would be very greatful for information from these.

Gabby

Screenshot (70).png
 Description:
Hope the screenshots and the info provided above will help
 Filesize:  1.06 MB

Screenshot (70).png

Screenshot (69).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  943.28 KB

Screenshot (69).png

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:00 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Translation Help

gabby wrote:
In searching for possible siblings of my Grandfather Jan Garbula I have information from Jan's wedding record that his father and possibly my Great grandfather is a Maciej Garbula from Tomaszow Lubelski. The record stated that Jan's parents were Maciej Garbula and Marianna Garbula (Janusz). I have been told by relatives that Jan may have had a brother named Andrzej, and I searched the birth records for Andrzej Garbula 1840-1870 and have found two with a Maciej Garbula and Andrzej visible in the records and both noted as Majdan Gorny TL. One record is from 1864, #275 page 92, scan 46 of 118, and the other is from 1858, #235 page 79.scan 46 of 107. I am unable to read any Polish or have access to anyone who could translate these hand written records for me. Would be very greatful for information from these.

Gabby

It happened in the town of Tomaszów, on October 12th, 1858, at 6 p.m.Appeared Wojciech Garbula, a peasant, farmer from the village of Majdan Górny, 25 years old, in the presence of Maciej Garbula, 30 years old and Krzysztof Smutny, 25 years old, both peasants, farmers from Majdan Górny and presented Us a male infant child, who was born today in Majdan Górny, at 8 a.m., to his wife, Marianna nee Kybel, 20 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Andrzej, and the godparents were: the aforementioned Maciej Garbula and Katarzyna Dziurawa.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses anf it was signed by Us only, because they were illiterate.

Priest Kwiatkowski.

Nr 275
the village of Majdan Górny

It happened in the town on Tomaszów, on November 2nd, 1864, at 4 p.m.
Appeared Maciej Garbula, a peasant, farmer from Majdan Górny, 33 years old, in the presence of Wojciech Surdka, 29 years old and Michał Joniak, 40 years old, both peasants, farmers from Majdan Górny, and presented Us a male infant child, who was born in Majdan Górny, on the 1st day of the current month and year, at 1 a.m., to his wife, Marianna nee Joniec, 30 years old.
At the Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name: Andrzej, and the godparents were: the aforementioned Michał Joniak and Marianna Skowyra.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses, and it was signed by Us, because they were illiterate.

Priesy Kwiatkowski.

TedMack

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:11 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

marcelproust wrote:
TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

i am on a 5 days holidays. i will do all missing translations.

G'day Marcel

Did you have any luck with these?

Cheers
Ted
brymsza

Replies: 150

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:36 pm      Post subject: Marcin Mention

Hello

I have a record that I am hoping provides me some amplifying information about Marcin Rymsza. I don't need the entire record translated, unless you think it is genealogically significant, but I would like to know what it says about Marcin Rymsza.

Thanks
Bob

Screenshot 2022-01-31 153547.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  182.03 KB

Screenshot 2022-01-31 153547.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:15 am      Post subject: Re: Marcin Mention

brymsza wrote:
Hello

I have a record that I am hoping provides me some amplifying information about Marcin Rymsza. I don't need the entire record translated, unless you think it is genealogically significant, but I would like to know what it says about Marcin Rymsza.

Thanks
Bob

In front of the Gudele parish-priest, serving as Civil Registrar for the commune of Gudele, located in the county of Mariampol, in the department of Łomża, appeared Franciszek Rozember, a turner, kątnik*, 25 years old, from Gudele, and presented Us a male infant child, who was born in his house on the 17th day of January of the current year and declared that the child was born to him and his wife, Katarzyna nee Kieler and that his wish was to give the child two names: Karol Ferbynand.
After the above statement and presenting of the child were made, in the presence of the witnesses: the nobleman Marcin Rymsza, 53 years old, from Gudele and Kazimierz Glaubicz, a farmer, from the said village, located in the commune of Gudele, 42 years old, this birth record was read to the illiterate present and it was signed.
The father of the chilf and the witnesses, that is the nobleman Marcin Rymsza and Kazimierz Glaubicz were illiterate.

Priest Michał Petter, the Civil Registrar.

*kątnik: a tenant, a person without his own house and land.

Xanatos55

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:08 am      Post subject: Translation for possible birth record

I have record that I received as part of immigration records request for my great-grandmother that I need translated. It seems that it could be some type of birth record for immigration purposes.

I greatly appreciate all efforts made here.

Thank you,
Justin

IMG_0528.jpg
 Description:
Record for Fajga Rajzel Zalcman
 Filesize:  1.09 MB

IMG_0528.jpg

cjsulcoski

Replies: 23

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:35 pm      Post subject:

Hello.

I would greatly appreciate some help translating this marriage record. It was part of the "aneksy" (additions?) for that year and it doesn't seem to follow the usual pattern. I think there is a section in the middle where they may be listing the dates that the banns were called? Here is my best guess:

Evidence is hereby ________________ presented of the marriage of
Peter Wasilewski, bachelor, Wigry Parish, to Jozefa,
Tombakowna, spinster, Kaletnik Parish ________________-
on the Sunday? ________13 _________ 25 September
9 September 2d October and 27
September. ____________ year __ people? on ____
______________ Wigry Parish ________
_______________________(in accordance with??) canon law
and civil law____________

I was wondering if this might have been a marriage that took place at the bride's parish and then they made a note of it later on in the groom's parish (Wigry) too?

Many thanks!
Carol

Wasilewski Tombak.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.31 MB

Wasilewski Tombak.jpeg

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:39 pm      Post subject:

cjsulcoski wrote:
Hello.

I would greatly appreciate some help translating this marriage record. It was part of the "aneksy" (additions?) for that year and it doesn't seem to follow the usual pattern. I think there is a section in the middle where they may be listing the dates that the banns were called? Here is my best guess:

Evidence is hereby ________________ presented of the marriage of
Peter Wasilewski, bachelor, Wigry Parish, to Jozefa,
Tombakowna, spinster, Kaletnik Parish ________________-
on the Sunday? ________13 _________ 25 September
9 September 2d October and 27
September. ____________ year __ people? on ____
______________ Wigry Parish ________
_______________________(in accordance with??) canon law
and civil law____________

I was wondering if this might have been a marriage that took place at the bride's parish and then they made a note of it later on in the groom's parish (Wigry) too?

Many thanks!
Carol

Hi Carol,

The document is testimony from the administrator of the parish of Wigry (the parish of the groom) that the three announcements of the marriage banns for the wedding of Piotr Wasilewski, a bachelor from Wigry parish, to Józefa Tombakowna*, a maiden from the parish of Kaletnik, were promulgated in the parish of Wigry on consecutive Sundays and that no impediment, neither civil nor canonical, had been discovered. The dual dates are according to the Julian Calendar (the first date) and according to the Gregorian Calendar (the second date)—13 September/25September; 20 September/2 October; 27 September/9 October. The priest from Wigry sent this notification on 12/24 October. The notification is simply a statement that the obligation of announcing the banns in the groom’s parish had been fulfilled and that he was free to marry.

This doc is just part of the prenuptial paperwork and the marriage took place in the parish of the bride. All the legalities had been fulfilled prior to the actual wedding which took place in Kaletnik.

Note *Tombakowna: the suffix -owna is an old feminine suffix which describes the woman as “the daughter of a man named Tombak.

I hope that this helps to answer your questions.

Dave
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:03 am      Post subject: Re: Translation for possible birth record

Xanatos55 wrote:
I have record that I received as part of immigration records request for my great-grandmother that I need translated. It seems that it could be some type of birth record for immigration purposes.

I greatly appreciate all efforts made here.

Thank you,
Justin

The top right corner: Copy

The Act of Knowing

It happened in the office of the Wyszków town City Hall, on August 28th, 1923.

Due to the fact, that the resident of the town of Wyszków, Fajga Rajzla Zalcman, the daughter of Mendel and Jospa Ruchla nee Byrsztyn, the Zalcman spouses, did not present her identity, the mayor of the town of Wyszków invited two, the undersigned residents of the town of WYszków, according to the point 15 of the "Instruction on keeping and maintaining Census records in the towns and communes of the Kingdom of Poland", the document that was accepted during the session of the Council on February 22nd, 1861, who gave the following information:
the aforementioned Fajga Rajzla Zalcman, the daughter of Mendel and Jospa Ruchla nee Bursztyn, who, by her appearance, is 33 years old.
The mayor of the town set her year of birth to be 1890 and the place of birth in Wyszków.

On this this act was completed and signed.

The witnesses: M. Abramczyk, Sz. Holand
The mayor of the town of Wyszkó: Pawłowski

Certified true copy.

The town of WYszków, November 21st, 192(3???)
The mayor of the town of Wyszkó /signature/

On the right bottom corner there is a rubber stamp with information that Fajga was entered into the Ceusus records.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:03 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

Can you please translate the attached baptism record from Gozdowo located in the parish of Kościelec.

Gozdów

It happened in Kościelec, on May 22nd/June 3rd, 1838, at 1 p.m.
Appeared Jakub Mila, a tenant from Gozdów, 24 years old, in the presence of the witnesses: Wojciech Kamiński, the guardian of the tobacco industry, from ??? (can't decipher), 38 years old and Jan Świder, a farmer from Gozdów, 40 years old, and presented Us a female infant child, who was born on May 19th/31st of the current year, at 10 p.m., to his wife, Tekla nee Ostrowska, 18 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given two names: Antonina Petronella and the godparents were: the aforementioned Wojciech Kamiński and Klara Siwińska.
This act was read to the illiterate present and it was signed by Us only.

Priest Dreżewski, Kościelec parish vicar priest, on behalf of the parish-priest.

Skowronski

Replies: 13

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:23 pm      Post subject:

Please translate the attached document.

Józefa Stochowicz baptism.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.23 MB

Józefa Stochowicz baptism.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:18 am      Post subject:

Skowronski wrote:
Please translate the attached document.

I am working on it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 555, 556, 557 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 556 of 580

Jump to: