PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 556, 557, 558 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author

Replies: 23

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:20 pm      Post subject: Wojciech Wozniak Death Record Translation Help

Hello. I am definitely getting better with translating, but there are a few words that are stumping me.

Pawlowo -- It happened in the village of Czernice (?) on the 22d of December 1855/3rd of January 1856, at ten o'clock in the morning, that Andrezej Wozniak presented himself, 26 years old, and Jakob Wyskowski, 45 years old. Both? are farmers/crofters in Pawlowa Zamieszka. Yesterday, at 3 o'clock in the morning in Pawlowa, Wojciech Wozniak died.
??????????????????, son of [is this Iwan? Zymon? something else?]. ?????????? maybe born in the village of Rodziewc which is now called Zamieszka???? He was 76 years of age. After {his passing/death?} ?????????????? Wojiescka.

I would greatly appreciate any help you are kind enough to provide. Thank you,

Carol

W Wozniak death.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  184.43 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

W Wozniak death.JPG

Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:16 am      Post subject: Re: Wojciech Wozniak Death Record Translation Help

cjsulcoski wrote:
Hello. I am definitely getting better with translating, but there are a few words that are stumping me.

Pawlowo -- It happened in the village of Czernice (?) on the 22d of December 1855/3rd of January 1856, at ten o'clock in the morning, that Andrezej Wozniak presented himself, 26 years old, and Jakob Wyskowski, 45 years old. Both? are farmers/crofters in Pawlowa Zamieszka. Yesterday, at 3 o'clock in the morning in Pawlowa, Wojciech Wozniak died.
??????????????????, son of [is this Iwan? Zymon? something else?]. ?????????? maybe born in the village of Rodziewc which is now called Zamieszka???? He was 76 years of age. After {his passing/death?} ?????????????? Wojiescka.

Carol

Hi Carol,
I'm sure that when Marcel is back you will get a better translation from him than from me, but I think that if I help you a bit with reading the handwriting you may be able to understand those tricky parts. The place where you think you are seeing Iwan or Zymon says this: "syn z imion niepamiętnych rodziców." That is, his parents names were unknown to the person recording his death. That is followed by "urodzony i obecnie zamieszkały przy synie w Pawłowie...." so, he was born in, and was living in Pawlowa with his son.
I hope this helps,
Sophia
cjsulcoski

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:54 am      Post subject: Thank you, Sophia!

That is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you very much.
Blue

Replies: 68

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:55 am      Post subject: Jan Chalupka - civil death 1921

Hi
Can someone please help me to transcribe this Polish civil death record for Jan Chałupka? I read it as follows:

Nr. 11
Rychtal
dnia 24go marca 1921
administracja szilału sw. [?] Jozefa w Rychtal donosivła
że pzocński [?] stangret Jan Hałupka
w wieku lal 57, Katolickiego wyznania,
zamieszkały we Wielki ___ Buczku
urodzony w Laskich
żonoly z Anna z domu Adamek, zamieszkały we Wielkin Buczku
syn robotnika Jozefa Hałupka i jego żony
Maryi z domu Grzonka,
____ zmarłyith i na ______ zamieszakałych w Laski
umarł w szpitalu w Rychtalu
dnia dwudziestego trzeciego marca
roku tysiac dziewiecset dwudziestego pierswtego
po połudn o godzine ósmy

22 słowa drukowana Kreslowno [?]

Jan Chalupka - civil death 1921.jpg.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  229.89 KB

Jan Chalupka - civil death 1921.jpg.png

Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:03 am      Post subject: Re: Thank you, Sophia!

cjsulcoski wrote:
That is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you very much.

Hi Carol,
Glad I could help!
If I may, I'd like to help you with one other spot in the document that seemed to give you difficulty. It is where the document says that Andrzej (note there is only one "e" in that name) and Jakob are from Pawlowa. If you look at the end of that line, do you see what looks like = (an equals sign) ? It is used to show that the word continues on the next line, where there are just two letters, "li". So this is not "Zamieszka" (which you took to be part of the name of the town) but rather zamieszkali which means "they lived." So the phrase here is "w Pawlowie zamieszkali." The word order is not the same as in English, but don't let that throw you. It means they lived in Pawlowa.
Sophia
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:33 pm      Post subject: Re: Wojciech Wozniak Death Record Translation Help

cjsulcoski wrote:

Carol

It happened in Czernice, on December 22nd, 1855/January 3rd, 1856, at 10 a.m.
Appeared: Andrzej Woźniak, 26 years old and Jakub Wyśkowski, 45 years old, both farmers living in Pawłowo, and they declared that yesterday, at 3 a.m., died in Pawłowo: Wojciech Woźniak, a widower, a daylaborer, son of the parents of unknown names, who was born and currently lived at his son's in Pawłowo, 76 years old.
After convinced myself about the death od Wojciech this act was read to the illiterate declarants and it was signed by Us.

The administrator priest, Szelkowski, serving as Civil Registrar.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:41 pm      Post subject: Re: Jan Chalupka - civil death 1921

Blue wrote:
Hi
Can someone please help me to transcribe this Polish civil death record for Jan Chałupka? I read it as follows:

Nr. 11
Rychtal
dnia 24go marca 1921
administracja szilału sw. [?] Jozefa w Rychtal donosivła
że pzocński [?] stangret Jan Hałupka
w wieku lal 57, Katolickiego wyznania,
zamieszkały we Wielki ___ Buczku
urodzony w Laskich
żonoly z Anna z domu Adamek, zamieszkały we Wielkin Buczku
syn robotnika Jozefa Hałupka i jego żony
Maryi z domu Grzonka,
____ zmarłyith i na ______ zamieszakałych w Laski
umarł w szpitalu w Rychtalu
dnia dwudziestego trzeciego marca
roku tysiac dziewiecset dwudziestego pierswtego
po połudn o godzine ósmy

22 słowa drukowana Kreslowno [?]

Nr 11
Rychtal, dnia 24go marca, 1921.

Przed niżej podpisanym urzędnikiem stanu cywilnego stawił się dziś co do osobistości znan [all these words were crossed out]
legitymujący się [crossed out]
Administracja Szpitala Św. Józefa w Rychtalu donosiła
zamieszkał w [crossed out]
i zeznał, że [crossed out]
pański stangret Jan Hałupka,
w wieku lat 57, katolickiego wyznania, zamieszkały w Wielkim Buczku, urodzony w Laskach, żonaty z Anną z domu Adamek, zamieszkały we Wielkim Buczku, syn robotnika Józefa Hałupki i jego żony, Marii z domu Grzonka, oboje zmarłych i na folwarku[??] zamieszkałych w Laski, umarł w szpitalu w Rychtalu, dnia dwudziestego trzeciego marca roku tysiąc dziewięćset dwudziestego pierwszego, po południu, o godzinie ósmej.

Odczytano, przyjęto i [crossed out]

22 słowa drukowane skreślono.

Urzędnik Stanu Cywilnego, Urbańczyk.

TedMack

Replies: 479

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:29 pm      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

I have these outstanding translation requests from the last 6 or 7 weeks. Not sure if you are working on these or if you may have missed them.

i am on a 5 days holidays. i will do all missing translations.

G'day Marcel

Did you have any luck with these?

Cheers
Ted

G'day Marcel

Have you had any luck with translating these going back to July??

Ted
Skowronski

Replies: 13

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:44 pm      Post subject:

thanks

Last edited by Skowronski on Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
cjsulcoski

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:49 pm      Post subject: Re: Wojciech Wozniak Death Record Translation Help

marcelproust wrote:
cjsulcoski wrote:

Carol

It happened in Czernice, on December 22nd, 1855/January 3rd, 1856, at 10 a.m.
Appeared: Andrzej Woźniak, 26 years old and Jakub Wyśkowski, 45 years old, both farmers living in Pawłowo, and they declared that yesterday, at 3 a.m., died in Pawłowo: Wojciech Woźniak, a widower, a daylaborer, son of the parents of unknown names, who was born and currently lived at his son's in Pawłowo, 76 years old.
After convinced myself about the death od Wojciech this act was read to the illiterate declarants and it was signed by Us.

The administrator priest, Szelkowski, serving as Civil Registrar.

Thank you!!!
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:54 am      Post subject:

Skowronski wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
Skowronski wrote:
Please translate the attached document.

I am working on it.

Roku Tysięcznego osiemsetnego dwudziestego trzeciego dnia trzynastego Stycznia o godzinie czwartej po południu Przed nami Proboszczem Kozibrodzie Urzędnik Stanu Cywilnego gminy Kozibrodzie…

If you can please help me with the reading the rest of the document I will send you my thanks.

I will work on it next week, as soon as will be back in Poland.

peplinskil

Replies: 40

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:05 am      Post subject: Jan Wiśniewski death certificate

Can someone please help me with just a couple of words in the attached death certificate for Jan Wiśniewski? I have marked the words that I am not familiar with:
1. occupation of first witness Antoni Bończak - sotky?/sałky?
2. the word(s) after gospodarz for the deceased Jan Wiśniewski

For the rest of the document, I have translated the pertinent sections as follows:
23. Krzeczanowo 11Mar1852 (28Feb1852) - Appeared Jakób Wiśniewski (45 years old), blacksmith in Laszewo, & Antoni Bończak (38 years old), sotky?/sałky? in Krzeczanowo, and state that on 09Feb1852 died in Krzeczanowo, Jan Wiśniewski, 40 years old, farmer, born in Cendatach (i.e. Cyndaty), son of Józef Wiśniewski & Magdalena née Gajewski, widowed his wife Agnieszka née Kalisak.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Lee

1852-23-Jan Wisniewski (husband of Agnieszka Kalisiak)-death certificate 09Feb1852.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  102.79 KB

1852-23-Jan Wisniewski (husband of Agnieszka Kalisiak)-death certificate 09Feb1852.jpg

TedMack

Replies: 479

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:13 am      Post subject: Re: Jan Wiśniewski death certificate

peplinskil wrote:
Can someone please help me with just a couple of words in the attached death certificate for Jan Wiśniewski? I have marked the words that I am not familiar with:

For the rest of the document, I have translated the pertinent sections as follows:
23. Krzeczanowo 11Mar1852 (28Feb1852) - Appeared Jakób Wiśniewski (45 years old), blacksmith in Laszewo, & Antoni Bończak (38 years old), sotky?/sałky? in Krzeczanowo, and state that on 09Feb1852 died in Krzeczanowo, Jan Wiśniewski, 40 years old, farmer, born in Cendatach (i.e. Cyndaty), son of Józef Wiśniewski & Magdalena née Gajewski, widowed his wife Agnieszka née Kalisak.

Lee

G'day Lee

I can help you with number 1 - it is Sołtys which I believe translates roughly to Village Head or Mayor.

Cheers
Ted
peplinskil

Replies: 40

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:25 am      Post subject: Re: Jan Wiśniewski death certificate

Ted,
Thank you!
Lee
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:12 am      Post subject: Re: Jan Wiśniewski death certificate

peplinskil wrote:

Lee

1. sołtys: a village head,
2. pańszczyźniany: an adjective describing a villein: a peasant under the feudal system, who was serf with respect to his lord but had the rights and privileges of freeman with respect to others.

Krzeczanowo

It happened in the village of Unieck, on February 28th/March 11th, 1852, at 2 p.m.
Appeared Jakub Wiśniewski, a smith from Łaszewo, 45 years old and Antoni Bończak, a village head from Krzeczanowo, 38 years old, and they declared that on February 9th of the current year, at 7 p.m. died in Krzeczanowo Jan Wiśniewski, 40 years old, a farmer, a villein, who was born in Cyndaty, a son of Józef Wiśniewski and Magdalena Wiśniewska nee Gajewska. He was survived by his wife, Agnieszka nee Kalisiak.
After convinced myself about the death of Wiśniewski this act was read to the declarants, who were illiterate and it was signed by Us.

Priest Adam Koziński, the Unieck parish-priest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 556, 557, 558 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 557 of 580

Jump to: