PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 579, 580, 581  Next
Author

Replies: 189

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:18 am      Post subject: Translation

Hi Barb.
Attached is the death record of Ewa.
Can you please translate.
Thank You !!!

Szymczyk, Ewa death cr.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  133.82 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Szymczyk, Ewa death cr.JPG

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 692

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:37 am      Post subject: Re: Translation

dswitaj1 wrote:
Hi Barb.
Attached is the death record of Ewa.
Thank You !!!

Hi,
The translation follows:
No. 70. Brzozowa
It happened in the village of Lipniki, on October 4th / 17th, 1911, at 3 p.m.
Appeared Piotr Bulak, 40 years old and Wawrzyniec Brzeziak, 45 years old, both farmers living in the village of Brzozowa and they declared that on October 2nd / 15th of the current year, at 5 a.m., in the village of Brzozowa, where he was born and lived, died Ewa Szymczyk, 3 weeks old, a daughter of Józef and Franciszka nee Madrak, the Szymczyk spouses, the farmers.
After convinced myself about the death of Ewa Szymczyk, this act was read to the illiterate declarants, and it was signed by Us only.
Priest- illegible signature

Regards,
-Barb
mestanton

Replies: 212

Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:37 pm      Post subject: Marriage Record for widow of Józef Królikowski 1826

Please translate the marginal note in marriage #10 in Waleskie, Szpetal Górny parish in 1826 for the widow of Józef Królikowski. I think the marginal note states that he died five years ago, but I cannot decipher the rest except for "czam" which may mean sorry. In earlier records, he is identified as a 50 year old "przewoznik" or boatman which fits the location of Waleskie along the Vistula River. I have been unable to locate his death record, but he must have died after 18 August 1821 when he appeared in a son's death record. Some marriage records include reference to the date of death of the previous spouse, but not this record. I am hoping to find his death record and possible parents and place of birth, but I fear that if he drowned in the river, there would not be a burial record.

Also, can you confirm that the widow's place of birth was Ostromecko? In another online handwritten copy of this 1826 marriage, the handwriting may be more clear.

Thank you,
Marilyn

71_376_0_30.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  273.29 KB

71_376_0_30.jpg

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:12 pm      Post subject: Re: Marriage Record for widow of Józef Królikowski 1826

mestanton wrote:
Please translate the marginal note in marriage #10 in Waleskie, Szpetal Górny parish in 1826 for the widow of Józef Królikowski. I think the marginal note states that he died five years ago, but I cannot decipher the rest except for "czam" which may mean sorry. In earlier records, he is identified as a 50 year old "przewoznik" or boatman which fits the location of Waleskie along the Vistula River. I have been unable to locate his death record, but he must have died after 18 August 1821 when he appeared in a son's death record. Some marriage records include reference to the date of death of the previous spouse, but not this record. I am hoping to find his death record and possible parents and place of birth, but I fear that if he drowned in the river, there would not be a burial record.

Also, can you confirm that the widow's place of birth was Ostromecko? In another online handwritten copy of this 1826 marriage, the handwriting may be more clear.

Thank you,
Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

Anna Królikowska, a widow, 36 years old, who was born in Ostromecko, lives in Walewskie, a daughter of the late Tomasz and Anna Prybiński.

the marginal note:*
*after Józef Królikowski, who died five years ago. I certify this entry. Priest M. Gąsiorowski

Regards,
-Barb
mestanton

Replies: 212

Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:29 pm      Post subject: Re: Marriage Record for widow of Józef Królikowski 1826

BarbOslo wrote:
mestanton wrote:

Thank you,
Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

Anna Królikowska, a widow, 36 years old, who was born in Ostromecko, lives in Walewskie, a daughter of the late Tomasz and Anna Prybiński.

the marginal note:*
*after Józef Królikowski, who died five years ago. I certify this entry. Priest M. Gąsiorowski

Regards,
-Barb
TorSee

Replies: 18

Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:13 am      Post subject: Peter Ferchau

Hi all,
would anyone like to translate the attached death document? It's about No. 88.
Thank you in advance.

Torsten

1832 Tod.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  1832 Tod.pdf
 Filesize:  246.21 KB
 Downloaded:  20 Time(s)

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:30 am      Post subject: Re: Peter Ferchau

TorSee wrote:
Hi all,
would anyone like to translate the attached death document? It's about No. 88.
Thank you in advance.

Torsten

Hi Torsten,
The translation follows:

No.88
It happened in the town of Płock, on April 13th, 1832, at 12 a.m.
Appeared Marcin Ferchow, a farmer, 22 years old and Andrzej Szulz, a farmer, 24 years old, both lived in the village of Boryszewo near Plock and they declared Us that in this village, on the 12th day, of the current month and year, at 8 p.m. died Piotr Ferchow, a farmer, 61 years old, a widower, living in Boryszewo, of unknown place of birth and unknown names of parents
After convinced myself about the death of Piotr Ferchow this act was read to the declarants, where the first is the son, and the second is a neighbor who is not related to the deceased, who were illiterate and it was signed by Us.
Priest Jan Karol Herelke, pastor of the evangelical community in Płock.

Regards,
-Barb
dswitaj1

Replies: 189

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:21 am      Post subject: Translation

Hi Barb.
Attached is the birth record of Anna.
Thanks again !!

Szymczyk, Anna birth cr.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  303.06 KB

Szymczyk, Anna birth cr.JPG

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:31 am      Post subject: Re: Translation

dswitaj1 wrote:
Hi Barb.
Attached is the birth record of Anna.
Thanks again !!

98. Brzozowa
It happened in the village of Lipniki on September 8th /21st, 1913, at 1 p.m.
Appeared Józef Szymczyk, 35 years old, a farmer, living in the village of Brzozowa in the presence of Stanisław Pokornicki, 40 years old and Piotr Chmielewski, 25 years old, both farmers living in the village of Brzozowa and presented Us a female infant child, informing that the child was born in Brzozowa, on September 3rd /16th, of the current year, at 12 a.m. to his wife, Franciszka nee Madrak, 30 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Anna, and the godparents were: Jan Kurpiewski and his wife Helena.
This act was read to the illiterate declarant and witnesses, and it was signed by Us only.
Illegible signature
Note:
Anna Szymczyk, a miss, on February 19, 1935, in the parish church in Lipniki married Jozef Zukowski, a bachelor.

Regards,
-Barb
Henry Soszynski

Replies: 96

Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:49 am      Post subject: Name clarification

Greetings all,
If possible, I would like a translation or clarification of Piotr Olender's name. It appears to be a double barrel name (underlined by Priest or scribe) but I can't quite make it out. He was born in 1838 in Kepa Gostecka. It can't be an occupation as he was just christened.

TIA
Henry

Birth 1838 Piotr Olender MOD.jpg
 Description:
Piotr Olęder 1838-1886?
 Filesize:  118.97 KB

Birth 1838 Piotr Olender MOD.jpg

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:19 am      Post subject: Re: Name clarification

Henry Soszynski wrote:
Greetings all,
If possible, I would like a translation or clarification of Piotr Olender's name. It appears to be a double barrel name (underlined by Priest or scribe) but I can't quite make it out. He was born in 1838 in Kepa Gostecka. It can't be an occupation as he was just christened.

TIA
Henry

Hallo Henry,
The translation follows:
„……35 years old (I guess that's the mother's age). At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Piotr Męczennik*, and the godparents were: aforementioned Józef Mazur and …..”

*Męczennik- martyr
https://genoroots.com/first-names-and-naming-customs/

Regards,
-Barb
Henry Soszynski

Replies: 96

Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:22 am      Post subject: Re: Name clarification

BarbOslo wrote:
Henry Soszynski wrote:
Greetings all,

TIA
Henry

Hallo Henry,
The translation follows:
„……35 years old (I guess that's the mother's age). At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Piotr Męczennik*, and the godparents were: aforementioned Józef Mazur and …..”

*Męczennik- martyr
https://genoroots.com/first-names-and-naming-customs/

Regards,
-Barb

Thanks Barb, much appreciated.
Cheers,
Henry
TorSee

Replies: 18

Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:50 pm      Post subject:

Hi Barb,
may I again ask you for a translation. It concerns Nr. 47 in the attached document.
Thank you in advance.

Regards Torsten

1841 Tod.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.94 MB

1841 Tod.jpg

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:45 pm      Post subject:

Hi Torsten,

The translation follows:

No.47
It happened in Dąbie, on May 8th, 1841, at 8 a.m.
Appeared Jan Rozyn, a farmer, okupnik* living in the settlement Grabina Wielka, 22 years old and Ludwik Gurke, a farmer, okupnik* living in the settlement Górki, 39 years old, sons-in-law of the deceased, and they declared Us that yesterday of the current month and year, at 10 a.m., died in the settlement Górki, Krzysztof Zacharias, a farmer, 71 years old, who was born near Witkowo, in the Poznań Province in Prussia, he left behind his widowed wife Anna Elżbieta nee Kolan and two daughters: Karolina and Anna Elżbieta.
After convinced myself about the death of Krzysztof Zacharyas this act was read to the declarants, who were illiterate and it was signed by Us.
W.Biedermann, pastor and serving as Civil Registrar

*okupnik: a peasant owning his own land, under the right of inheritance, paying taxes and exempt from serfdom.
Note that surname noted as Zacharias / Zacharyas

Info about Krzysztof's birth:
https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=eng&bdm=B&w=15wp&rid=B&search_lastname=zacharias&search_name=krzysztof&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=&exac=1&rpp1=&ordertable=

and the death record of his wife:

https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=eng&bdm=D&w=15wp&rid=D&search_lastname=kolanicki&search_name=anna+elzbieta&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=1855&to_date=1855

No.36, scan 109
https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/en/jednostka/-/jednostka/1835346?_Jednostka_delta=20&_Jednostka_resetCur=false&_Jednostka_cur=6&_Jednostka_id_jednostki=1835346

Regards,
-Barb
cpkaway

Replies: 25

Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:23 pm      Post subject: Witnesses' occupation - 1901 marriage record

I would appreciate it if someone can tell me the meaning of the occupations of the two witnesses in the attached image. The rest of the marriage document is in Latin, only the two occupations are in Polish. The first one appears to be właść[iciel] realności and the second wł[aśćiciel] real[ności] - which are the same.

Google translates this as "owner of property". I am curious why this was not written in Latin as words were available to convey this.

Thank you
Chris

Witnesses' occupation.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.92 KB

Witnesses' occupation.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 579, 580, 581  Next Page 580 of 581

Jump to: