PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 389, 390, 391 ... 579, 580, 581  Next
Author

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:03 pm      Post subject: Birth Record

Hello Gilberto and Fantom,

I am having trouble translating this older Jozefow birth record (1815) for Filip Laskowski. I believe the parents are Antoni Laskowski and Katarzyna née? Would you help with a translation?

Thank you,

Gene

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 11.57.34 AM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.17 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 11.57.34 AM.png

hannahdudek

Replies: 111

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:47 pm      Post subject: Translation

<del>

Last edited by hannahdudek on Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
janesumi

Replies: 15

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:31 pm      Post subject: Jozef Rajewski Birth Translation

Please if someone can translate the following skan.
Thank you in advance.

Jane Sumig

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/…/s…/full/8b9kMg9ZB5x5hG2DvH_-0w
Skan : #96 Name: Jozef Rajewski - Parish Zagroba October 1877.

SPolmatier

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:31 pm      Post subject: Translation

Hello, I need help translating this document. I think it may have something to do with my great grandfather Walenty Sobieraj. Thank You.

Russian#5.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.82 MB

Russian#5.png

vbstar2010
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 291

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:33 am      Post subject: Re: Jozef Rajewski Birth Translation

janesumi wrote:
Please if someone can translate the following skan.
Thank you in advance.

Jane Sumig

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/…/s…/full/8b9kMg9ZB5x5hG2DvH_-0w
Skan : #96 Name: Jozef Rajewski - Parish Zagroba October 1877.

==

https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=37544#37544

Link provided does not work.
vbstar2010

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:50 am      Post subject: Re: Translation

hannahdudek wrote:
Hi. I would appreciate a translation of my great-great-great-grandmother's death in 1857 from the Brdow Parish. Her name was Anna Bykowski. Thanks in advance, and I really appreciate your help.

==

https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=37535#37535

This happened in city Brdów on 31 April 1857 at 5 p.m. Jakub Kamieński and Szymon Wojciechowski, farmers, both age 50, residing in the village of Swiętosławice, and stated that in the village Swiętosławice on the 28th of this month and year at 8 a.m. Anna Bykowska died, age 35, living in the village of Swiętosławice, daughter of Wojciech and Agnieszka nee Pawełkiewicz Gospodarz -- leaving behind husband Stanisław Bykowski. After visual confirmation of the death of Anna Bykowska, this document was read aloud to the declarants, who do not know how to write, and signed only by us. Father W. Rożniewicz, assistant pastor and civil registrar

Last edited by vbstar2010 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
hannahdudek

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:20 pm      Post subject: Thank you

Thank you very much for the Bykowski translation. I really appreciate your help.
vbstar2010

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:20 pm      Post subject: Re: Looking for a Translation

Charles Henderson wrote:
I was wondering if someone would translate the attached document.

Thanks you

Fr. Charles

==

https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=37437#37437

Hi Fr. Charles,

Here's a summary:

Date of record: Królików, 14 July 1829, 5 p.m.
Father: Andrzej Jankowski, bricklayer of Bystrzyca, age 26
Witnesses: Roch Jabczyński, innkeeper of Biskupie, age 43, and Tomasz Stróżak, forester of Bystrzyca, age 31
Child: male named Jakub born in Bystrzyca on the 12th of this month and year at 5 a.m. at house #21
Mother: Katarzyna nee Chojnacka, age 24
Godparents: Roch Jabczyński and Katarzyna Stróżak
Father Maciej Talaczyński, Królików parish administrator

Regards,
Valerie
vbstar2010

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:37 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation

SPolmatier wrote:
Hello, I need help translating this document. I think it may have something to do with my great grandfather Walenty Sobieraj. Thank You.

==

For future "Polish records translations", post here --

https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=1814

Here's a summary --

Date of record: Boglewice, 8 January 1834, 4 p.m.
Father: Jan Sobieraj, farmer residing in Rytomoczydła, age 25
Witnesses: Walenty Andziak, farmer of Rytomoczydła, age 38, also Jan Rączka, farmer of Rytomoczydła, age 48
Child: male named Walenty born in Rytomoczydła on 7 January this year at 1 p.m.
Mother: Rozalia nee Zaleska, age 25
Godparents: Walenty Andziak and Apolonia Sobieraj

Regards,
Valerie
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 172

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:56 am      Post subject: Re: Translation

SPolmatier wrote:

5. Rytomoczydla. It came to pass on the eighth day of January in the year of one thousand eight hundred and thirty-four, at the hour of four in the evening, in Boglewice. Appeared personally Jan Sobieraj, a farmer residing in Rytomoczydla, twenty-five years of age, companioned by Walenty Andziak, a farmer from Rytomoczydla, thirty- eight years of age, and Jan Raczka, a farmer from Rytomoczydla, forty-eight years of age, and presented to us a baby of the male sex, born on the seventh day of January, at the hour of one in the afternoon, in Rytomoczydla, from his spouse Rozalia nee Zalewski, twenty-five years of age. The said baby, during the holy baptism which had been performed earlier that day, had been given the name Walenty and his godparents had been the above-mentioned Walenty Andziak and Apolonia Sobieraj. The present certificate was read aloud to the appearers and the witnesses and subsequently signed by myself. The appearers did not know how to write.

Priest Julian Dabrowski (signed), Parish Priest of Boglewice
hannahdudek

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:24 pm      Post subject: Translation

Translation

Last edited by hannahdudek on Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
hannahdudek

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:31 pm      Post subject: Translation

<del>

Last edited by hannahdudek on Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2782

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:27 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation

hannahdudek wrote:
Thanks again for the last transaction of Anna Bykowski's death in Brdow in 1857. I have her baby daughter's death just a couple entries afterwards, so I suspect the mother and baby died at the same time. The baby's name was Katherine Bykowski. I would appreciate a translation to find out any information that may indicate why the mother and baby died together. There is also a note in the margin. Thanks!

Hi Hanna.

The document you posted labeled “1857 Katherine” is actually the death record of a widow named Józefa Klimczak.

It is very rare that civil death records from the Russian Partition (Królestwo Polskie) contain info regarding a cause of death. It was just not part of what the civil authorities cared about and thus was not part of the standard format used. Based on the age of the mother, Anna, both deaths were likely the result of childbirth complications. To get a better handle on the situation it would be helpful to locate the baby’s (Katarzyna’s ?) birth record, which likely would be found sometime in the month of April. By the way, there is an error in Anna’s death record, which states that the report of her death was made on April 31. Since April has only 30 days the date must have been the result of a scribal error.

Regarding your other post about Małek vs. Małków…Małek is the Nominative Singular form of the surname. Małków is the Genitive Plural. What you probably see in records would be “z Małków, which may be translated in common English usage as “From/of the Małeks”. The feminine form of the surname appears in the record you posted and is Małkowa. The suffix -owa is used for married women and means “wife of Małek”. It is used here, even though she was a widow at the time of her death, because she had not remarried after the death of her husband. The feminine form used by single women would be Małkowna. The suffix -owna means “daughter of Małek” and would have been used until a lady married.

I hope that this info clarifies things a bit.

Wishing you success in your research,

Dave
hannahdudek

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:14 am      Post subject: Translation

<del>

Last edited by hannahdudek on Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2782

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:51 pm      Post subject:

hannahdudek wrote:
Dave, thank you for the very helpful explanation of the Malek/Malkow scenario. I'm used to the ski/ska, but the Malek variation was a first for me, so I appreciate your help.

My apologies for uploading the wrong Katherine Bykowski death record. Her death was #48, but I uploaded #45 by mistake because the name Bykowski appears in #45, so I assumed I grabbed the right record. I had originally mentioned the baby's death was a couple entries after the mother, and there is a note in the margin, so I mistakenly grabbed the wrong scan.

I was able to locate Katherine (the baby) birth in the same year (can't verify the month), record #25, which I verified before uploading.

Agnes Malek's death from 1851 is Anna's mother, so I'm curious about any genealogical information that can shed light on where Agnes may have been born, how old she was, or her family (other than children).

Thanks alot for your help, and sorry again about uploading the wrong document.

Hi Hannah

Here are translations of the documents. There is not much useful info in Agnieszka’s death record other than that she was supposedly born in Świętosławice. Her age needs to be taken with a few grains of salt. According to the death record of her daughter, her maiden name was Pawełkiewicz. If she really was born and lived her whole life in Świętosławice, her marriage should have taken place in the parish of Brdów. If you can locate her marriage record you could have a good starting point for further research. Actually, some records connected to her (including the death of her huisband, Wojciech) are on Geneteka --cf. Attachments.

As I pointed out yesterday, there is a problem with Anna’s death. The clerical error is almost certainly that the date of the akt should be May 31 rather than April 31 (which is make believe sort of like the 12th of Never). Since she gave birth to Katarzyna on May 25, 1857, her death certainly had to take place on May 28, 1857. What is clear is that her death was related to childbirth and her daughter’s death would have been connected to her death since Katarzyna was only 3 days old when her mother died. The notation in the margin of Katarzyna’s death record muddles rather than clarifies. She was actually 24 days old when she died.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Agnieszka’s death

Świętosławice #9
It occurred in the town of Brdów on February 21, 1851 at the hour of 5 in the afternoon. Appeared in person Majcher Klemensy, a hired worker from the village of Świętosławice, 50 years of age, & Jakub Nieywdiański(?), a hired worker from the village of Świętosławice, 40 years of age, and informed us that on February 19th of the current year, at 9 P.M. died a hired worker, Agnieszka Małkowa, a widow, the daughter of unknown parents, 80 years of age, born & resided in Świętosławice. The usual formula & signature of the priest follows.

Katarzyna’s birth
Świętosławice #25
It occurred in the town of Brdów on May 26, 1857 at the hour of seven in the morning. Appeared in person Stanisław Bykoski, a farmer, 44 years of age, in the presence of Józef Bojanoski, 35 years of age, and Jakub Kaminski, 50 years of age, farmers residing in the village of Psary, and presented to us a child of the female sex, born in the village of Świętosławice on the 25th day of the current month and year at the hour of 4 in the afternoon, of his wife Anna nee Małek, 35 years of age. The name Katarzyna was given to th child at holy baptism and her godparents were Józef Bykoski and Elżbieta Wujcieskoska. The usual formula & priest’s signature folows.

Katarzyna’s death

Świętosławice #48
It occurred in the town of Brdów on June 21, 1857 at the hour of 11 A.M. Appeared in person Jakub Kamiński and T??? Lipinski, farmers, 56 years of age, residing in the village of Świętosławice, and informed us that in the village of Świętosławice, on the 18th day of the current month and year at the hour of 10 in the morning died Katarzyna Bykoska, the daughter of Stanisław & Anna nee Małek Bykoski, farmers (from note in left margin) 1 year? Of age, born n the village of Świętosławice….in testimony of which…signture of priest. The usual formula follows & concludes with the priest’s signature..

Screenshot-2018-6-6 Geneteka baza Polskiego Towarzystwa Genealogicznego-3.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.87 KB

Screenshot-2018-6-6 Geneteka baza Polskiego Towarzystwa Genealogicznego-3.png

Screenshot-2018-6-6 Geneteka baza Polskiego Towarzystwa Genealogicznego-2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  63.88 KB

Screenshot-2018-6-6 Geneteka baza Polskiego Towarzystwa Genealogicznego-2.png

Screenshot-2018-6-6 Geneteka baza Polskiego Towarzystwa Genealogicznego-1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  50.99 KB

Screenshot-2018-6-6 Geneteka baza Polskiego Towarzystwa Genealogicznego-1.png

Screenshot-2018-6-6 Geneteka baza Polskiego Towarzystwa Genealogicznego.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  54.92 KB

Screenshot-2018-6-6 Geneteka baza Polskiego Towarzystwa Genealogicznego.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 389, 390, 391 ... 579, 580, 581  Next Page 390 of 581

Jump to: