PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 459, 460, 461, 462, 463  Next
Author

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:12 pm      Post subject: City

Hi, I’m trying to find my Great Grandmother’s birth place. I received her vessel record from the Canadian Government. I am wondering if anyone can tell me where this place in Poland, or what the more recent city name is.
Thank you

66218101-633B-48BF-BE1E-D6F34E1FCE30.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  67.12 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

66218101-633B-48BF-BE1E-D6F34E1FCE30.jpeg

David2019

Replies: 26

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:28 pm      Post subject: Byczyna Parish Death Translation

Hi,

Can you assist me with the finer details in my 4G grandfather's death record from Byczyna parish 1838?

Thanks,

Dave

Duplicate Radziejow (Byczyna) Death 1838 Ignacy Dabrowski.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.85 MB

Duplicate Radziejow (Byczyna) Death 1838 Ignacy Dabrowski.png

crispm28
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 126

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:14 pm      Post subject: Marriage record Zych Marianna & Kowal Roch

Hello, Could I please get a translation of marriage record of Zych Marianna & Kowal Roch. Thank you in advance.
Christine

Zych Marianna_Kowal Roch m. 11-17-1810 #5 pg1 httpmetryki.genealodzy.plmetryka.phpar=3&zs=1468d&sy=1810b&kt=1&plik=005..JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  186.42 KB

Zych Marianna_Kowal Roch m. 11-17-1810 #5 pg1 httpmetryki.genealodzy.plmetryka.phpar=3&zs=1468d&sy=1810b&kt=1&plik=005..JPG

Zych Marianna_Kowal Roch m.11-17-1810 #5 pg2 httpmetryki.genealodzy.plmetryka.phpar=3&zs=1468d&sy=1810b&kt=1&plik=006..JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  180.98 KB

Zych Marianna_Kowal Roch m.11-17-1810 #5 pg2 httpmetryki.genealodzy.plmetryka.phpar=3&zs=1468d&sy=1810b&kt=1&plik=006..JPG

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2012

Post Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:52 am      Post subject:

a4u2fear wrote:
Marcel,

please visit this scan https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSMZ-B74D-S?i=45&cat=736853

It does not matter which you look at, but im trying to look through these records, but I can't read them. Usually I can spot a name that is underlined to show the name of the baptised child.

I have been looking at the very end of each entry at the names/signatures to see if they are the one I'm looking for. Can you tell me if the father's names are always listed at the bottom? Or not?

Is there a better way to look for the names ?

I am working on it.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:52 am      Post subject: Re: Byczyna Parish Death Translation

David2019 wrote:
Hi,

Can you assist me with the finer details in my 4G grandfather's death record from Byczyna parish 1838?

Thanks,

Dave

I am working on it.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:52 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage record Zych Marianna & Kowal Roch

crispm28 wrote:
Hello, Could I please get a translation of marriage record of Zych Marianna & Kowal Roch. Thank you in advance.
Christine

I am working on it.

Halkamm

Replies: 9

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:40 pm      Post subject: Polish record translations

Thanks for this translation!

Romata_Zebrowska_B_Lipno_1841.jpg (1).jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.02 MB

Romata_Zebrowska_B_Lipno_1841.jpg (1).jpeg

Jan_Zebroski_Baptism.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  72.97 KB

Jan_Zebroski_Baptism.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:23 pm      Post subject: Re: Polish record translations

Halkamm wrote:
Thanks for this translation!

Kikół

It happened in Lipno on the 9th/21st day of February 1841, at 1 p.m.
Appeared Jan Zebrowski, carpenter, 25 years old, living in Kikół, in the presence of Gotlib Banzemer, miller, 38 years old, living in Nietrzeba and August Fryderyk, tenant, 38 years old, living in Ostrowite and presented a female child, born in Kikół on the 26th day of January/7th day of February of the current year, at 9 a.m., with his wife Zuzanna nee Szmyt, 24 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the names: Romualda Emma, in the presence of Maria Szmyt and Eleonora Szmyt.
This act was read to the declarant and witnesses who informed they are illiterate.

priest's signature: Karol Pastenacy
August Frydrych (in the contents of this act there is written Fryderyk)

________________________________________________________________________________

Nr 110
Kikół

It happened in Lipno on the 16th/28th day of May 1855, at 4 p.m.
Appeared Jan Zebrowski, carpenter, 43 years old, living in Kikół, in the presence of the witnesses Gotlyb Bandzemer, miller, 52 years old, living in Nietrzeba and Ferdynand Blok, miller living in Wola, 23 years old and presented a male child, born in Kikół on the 23rd day of April/5th day of May of the current year, at 7 a.m., with his wife Zuzanna nee Szmit, 41 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the names: Jan Rudolf, and the godparents of this child were: Ferdynand Blok and Wilhelmina Bandzemer.
This act was read to the declarant and witnesses who informed they are illiterate and signed by Us only.

priest's signature: Karol Pastenacy
Banzemer

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:41 pm      Post subject:

a4u2fear wrote:
Marcel,

please visit this scan https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSMZ-B74D-S?i=45&cat=736853

It does not matter which you look at, but im trying to look through these records, but I can't read them. Usually I can spot a name that is underlined to show the name of the baptised child.

I have been looking at the very end of each entry at the names/signatures to see if they are the one I'm looking for. Can you tell me if the father's names are always listed at the bottom? Or not?

Is there a better way to look for the names ?

Most often the person reporting the birth was a father. However, this is not the rule. Sometimes it was a midwife or someone else. Usually the declarant is mentioned at the beginning. A handwritten signature at the bottom of the document was rare at the time.
I attached a document in which I highlighted the places where the father is mentioned.

1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  445.18 KB

1.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:50 pm      Post subject: Re: City

Bchs0079 wrote:
Hi, I’m trying to find my Great Grandmother’s birth place. I received her vessel record from the Canadian Government. I am wondering if anyone can tell me where this place in Poland, or what the more recent city name is.
Thank you

maybe Zaszkowice

Read about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zashkovychi

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:07 pm      Post subject: Re: Byczyna Parish Death Translation

David2019 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,

Dave

Kwilno
Nr 16

It happened in Byczyna on the 1st day of May 1838, at 3 p.m.
Appeared: Mateusz Zieleński, land steward, 40 years old and Walenty Rosieński, farmhand, 40 years old, both living in Kwilno and they declared that on the 31st day od April of the current year, at 4 a.m. died nobleman Ignacy Dąbrowski, Kwilno village heir, 54 years old. He left:
his widowed wife Marcjanna Dąbrowska nee Tulibowska, 24 years old living in Kwilno,
his sister Elżbieta,
his two sons from his first marriage: Justyn and Franciszek
his two children from the second marriage: daughter Barbara and son Aureliusz.
After eye belief about Dąbrowski's death this act was read to the declarants and signed only by Us because the people mentioned in this act are illiterate.

Priest Bartłomiej Skibiński, Byczyna parish's parson.

AmyBaird88

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:26 pm      Post subject:

I'm looking for any information about my family.

My Grandfather came to the UK during ww2. It's believed that he was in the polish cavalry and became a prisoner of war. He might of ended up in Scotland.

His name was Leon Jarentowski and a brother named Alfonse Jarentowski.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Amt
Friendlyman

Replies: 20

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:56 am      Post subject: Translating Polish Records.

Good Day,
Can Some one please translate the names or words marked with Yellow.
You will need to make the page much larger.

Thank you in advance,
Jack

172.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  172.pdf
 Filesize:  1.27 MB
 Downloaded:  11 Time(s)

zise

Replies: 36

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:14 pm      Post subject: polish marriage record translation help

Hi

can someone please translate these records of my grandparents?
Thanks

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/58/144/0/1/1/skan/full/OsroS4EZFRpONHzsz4jmOw

Moskowisz Leyzer Birth kozienice- akt 141
– –
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/58/144/0/1/6/skan/full/gpOL5IJbOb2HffQlwm1cYQ
Moskowisz Abraham Birth kozienice-1814 akt 78

---
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/58/144/0/1/10/skan/full/q34RHSP9cXhXWZp1b3SABA
Herzkowa Ruchla Death Kozienice 1818 - Akt 42

Herzkowa Ruchla Death Kozienice 1818 - Akt 42.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  199.93 KB

Herzkowa Ruchla Death Kozienice 1818 - Akt 42.jpg

Moskowisz Abraham Birth kozienice 1814- akt 78.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  523.33 KB

Moskowisz Abraham Birth kozienice 1814- akt 78.jpg

Moskowisz Leyzer Birth kozienice 1811- akt 141.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  347.04 KB

Moskowisz Leyzer Birth kozienice 1811- akt 141.jpg

Fantom

Replies: 143

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:19 am      Post subject: Re: polish marriage record translation help

zise wrote:
Hi

can someone please translate these records of my grandparents?
Thanks

“Akt 42.jpg”

No. 42 On this, the seventeenth day of May in the year of eighteen eighteen, personally appeared Abraham Lewkowicz and Szmul Judkowicz, both of them being shammeses of legal age, and testified before us that Ruchla Erszkowa, thirty-three years of age, married, had deceased earlier that day, in a house at number 150, at the hour of five in the morning. The certificate of this was drawn up, read aloud and signed by myself, along with the witnesses.

(signed), Priest Jozef Baranowski, Civil Registrar of the Parish of Kozienice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 459, 460, 461, 462, 463  Next Page 460 of 463

Jump to: