PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 469, 470, 471
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2020 8:24 am      Post subject:

Thank you very much!

Alex
dkocur

Replies: 11

Post Posted: 6 Days ago at 10:39 am      Post subject: I cannot read this polish word

Could someone try and read this word. I saw in a parish death records book. Thank you

Annotation 2020-05-28 113907.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.57 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Annotation 2020-05-28 113907.jpg

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1971

Post Posted: 6 Days ago at 10:45 am      Post subject: Re: I cannot read this polish word

dkocur wrote:
Could someone try and read this word. I saw in a parish death records book. Thank you

Hi,

The word is zmarłych, which means deceased.

Dave
dkocur

Post Posted: 6 Days ago at 2:16 pm      Post subject:

thanks for the translation
marierpk

Replies: 1

Post Posted: 6 Days ago at 6:37 pm      Post subject: Polish Record Translation

I would greatly appreciate a translation of the first two columns in the attached document. It is a baptismal record for my second great grandfather, Icko Abramowicz, who converted from Judaism to Catholicism in 1840 and was given the new name of Wincenty Poznanski. I am hoping the document contains information on Icko as well as his parents.

Thanks so much!
Marie Poznanski Kalinowski

Image (34).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1021.71 KB

Image (34).jpg

Image (34).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1021.71 KB

Image (34).jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2186

Post Posted: 6 Days ago at 11:21 pm      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

marierpk wrote:
I would greatly appreciate a translation of the first two columns in the attached document. It is a baptismal record for my second great grandfather, Icko Abramowicz, who converted from Judaism to Catholicism in 1840 and was given the new name of Wincenty Poznanski. I am hoping the document contains information on Icko as well as his parents.

Thanks so much!
Marie Poznanski Kalinowski

Nr: 74

Dates:

- Birth: newly baptized Poznański
- Baptism: 14

When? Where? Who and by whom? Baptized with water only or with Holy Oils too?

Anno Domini 1840, on the 14th day of July, in Antokol (english: Antakalnis) romancatholic parish church. An young, adult male was solemny baptised from Holy Oils. He was completely converted from Jewish infidelity within six months. He was baptised by the name of Wincenty.

Parents? When and where: In which parish he/she was born?

Formerly Jew: Icko Abramowicz. He was named by the Canons Regular of the Lateran priest Kajetan Bujniewicz.
26 years old, unmarried son of infidel (jews not catholics) Abram and Rulha, who live in the litte town Żośle (english: Žasliai).

dkocur

Post Posted: 4 Days ago at 1:16 pm      Post subject: Anna Szymanska - death record translation

Hi can someone help me translate this death record? I tried pretty hard to do it myself and this is what I came up with;

Dzialo sie w miescie Broku dnia drugiego Lipca Tysiac osmset czterdziestego ósmego roku o godzinie drugiej po południu. Stawil się Jan Szymanski trzydziesci lrzy, i Antoni Szymanski lat dwadziescia trzy mający obeidwa synunie zmarłego

and that is where I got stuck. I am not sure if this is correct but I followed some of the guide from this web site to try and translate myself.

The death certificate is for Anna Szymanska. Two of her sons were witnesses, Jan and Antoni Szymanski.

Anna Szmanska death record.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  351.73 KB

Anna Szmanska death record.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2186

Post Posted: 4 Days ago at 4:44 pm      Post subject: Re: Anna Szymanska - death record translation

dkocur wrote:
Hi can someone help me translate this death record? I tried pretty hard to do it myself and this is what I came up with;

Dzialo sie w miescie Broku dnia drugiego Lipca Tysiac osmset czterdziestego ósmego roku o godzinie drugiej po południu. Stawil się Jan Szymanski trzydziesci lrzy, i Antoni Szymanski lat dwadziescia trzy mający obeidwa synunie zmarłego

and that is where I got stuck. I am not sure if this is correct but I followed some of the guide from this web site to try and translate myself.

The death certificate is for Anna Szymanska. Two of her sons were witnesses, Jan and Antoni Szymanski.

Brok

It happened in the town of Brok dnia 20th June/2nd July 1848, at 2 p.m.
Appeared Jan Szymański, 33 years old and Antoni Szymański, 23 years old, both deceasend's sons, farmers living in Brok and they declared that yesterday, at 4 p.m., died Anna Szymańska, wiwod, 60 years old, who lived with her family on the farm in Brok. Daughter of spouses: late Antoni Pomaski and living Agnieszka Pomaska nee Dąbrowska.
After eye belief about the death of Anna Szymańska this act was read to the present and because none of them was literate the document was signed only by Us.

Priest Antoni Dąbrowski, parson of the parish of Brok.

Brok

Działo się w mieście Broku dnia 20 czerwca/2 lipca 1848 roku, o godzinie drugiej po południu. Stawili się Jan Szymański, lat trzydzieści trzy i Antoni Szymański, lat dwadzieścia trzy mający, obadwa synowie zmarłej, gospodarze w Broku zamieszkali i oświadczyli iż dnia wczorajszego, o godzinie czwartej po południu umarła Anna Szymańska, wdowa, lat sześćdziesiąt życia mająca, w Broku zamieszkała przy familii utrzymująca się na gospodarstwie, córka niegdy Antoniego i żyjącej Agnieszki z Dąbrowskich, małżonków Pomaskich.
Po przekonaniu się naocznie o zejściu Anny Szymańskiej akt ten stawającym przeczytany, gdy ci pisać nie umieją, przez Nas tylko podpisany został.

X. Antoni Dąbrowski, P. brokowski.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 469, 470, 471 Page 471 of 471

Jump to: