PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 537, 538, 539 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:52 am      Post subject: Re: Please translate Two Marriages from Wizajny Parish, Suwa

jajan wrote:
jajan wrote:
Hi Marcel.

Thank-You for translating the Franciszka Jankowski Birth and Marriage records. The translations provided information on another generation of my family.

Could you please also translate the following two marriages? I believe that they are for two other children of Tomasz and Rosa Jankowski. Both are from Wizajny Parish, Suwalki Province:

#29 1819 Marriage of Paweł Jankowski and Katarzyna Wasilewska
https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/jednostka/-/jednostka/14209291

#20 1828 Marriage of Józef Wilczewski and Róża Jankowska
https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/jednostka/-/jednostka/14209314?_Jednostka_delta=20&_Jednostka_resetCur=false&_Jednostka_cur=3&_Jednostka_id_jednostki=14209314

As always, your assistance is valued!

jajan

Hi Marcel.

Just checking that this one from January 13th is still on your list to translate. You have been very busy and I am not sure that it didn’t get lost in all the activity.

Thank-You!

jajan

I am working on it.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
adame24

Replies: 26

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:15 pm      Post subject: Help Identify Information in Record

Hello, I am looking for assistance in identifying key information from this 1831 death record. The record is of Marianna Zjadewicz. Her surname is Jaros and I have information that she was born around 1795-1800 to parents Antoni Jaros and Marianna Marcinówna.

Her husband was Maksym Zjadewicz. Maksym remarried in 1832 which is why I have strong reason to believe that Marianna died the year prior in 1831. Can someone please take a look at this record and let me know if the information ties to these facts.

1831_Marianna_Death_Record.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.68 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1831_Marianna_Death_Record.png

adame24

Replies: 26

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:01 am      Post subject:

Witaj,

Proszę o tłumaczenie tego dokumentu na język angielski.

Pierwszym dokumentem jest spis ślubów Łukasza Słazakowskiego i Józefy Karczewskiej z 1830 roku. Drugi to, jak sądzę, akt zgonu Łukasza w 1853 r. w parafii Strzeszewo Wielkie na Górze (nr 25). Według moich danych Łukasz ożenił się z Józefą w 1830 r. i urodził się ok. 1795 r.

Dziękuję Ci,

1853.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  792.36 KB

1853.jpg

1830_Marriage_Index_Lukasz_Slazakowski_Jozefa_Karczewska.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.19 MB

1830_Marriage_Index_Lukasz_Slazakowski_Jozefa_Karczewska.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:13 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

Can you please translate the 2 Birth/Baptism records please - one after the other.

The first is for Jan Lawinski and the second is for his brothers first child - interestingly his brother is also Jan.

Nr 20
Złotniki Wielkie

It happened in the village of Goliszew, on June 13th, 1853, at 12 o'clock at noon.
Appeared Nikodem Ławiński, a shepherd, living in the village of Złotniki Wielkie, 50 years old, in the presence of Mateusz Talar, a steward, 40 years old and Franciszek Dubelt, a stableman, 30 years old, both from Złotniki Wielkie and presented Us a male infant child, who was born in the village of Złotniki Wielkie, on the 2nd day of the current month and day, at 3 a.m., of his wife, Magdalena nee Wypych, 36 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Jan, and the godparents were: Celestyn Hegner, the administrator of the Złotniki Wielkie land manor and Rozalia Helt from Złotniki Wielkie.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses and it was signed by Us, because the declarant and the witnesses were illiterate.

The vicar priest, Fr. Pawłowski.

Nr 21
Goliszew

It happened in the village of Goliszew, on June 29th, 1853, at 6 p.m.
Appeared Jan Ławiński, a shepherd, living here, in Goliszew, 22 years old, in the presence of Sebastian Joniczak, a carpenter from the village Łuszkowo, 28 years old and Maciej Poniatowski, farmer from Goliszew, 50 years old and presented Us a female infant child, who was born yesterday, here, in Goliszew, at 9 p.m., of his wife, Katarzyna nee Joniczak, 20 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Józefa, and the godparents were: the aforementioned Sebastian Joniczak and Katarzyna Maciejak from Goliszew.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses and it was signed by Us, because the declarant and the witnesses were illiterate.

The vicar priest, Fr. Pawłowski.

TedMack

Replies: 479

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:54 am      Post subject: Polish Record Translation

G'day Marcel

Can you please translate the attached marriage record Number 3 over 2 pages.

Marriage Walenty Zawisza and Agnieszka Ławiński - record 3(2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  996.26 KB

Marriage Walenty Zawisza and Agnieszka Ławiński - record 3(2).jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:16 am      Post subject: Re: Please translate Two Marriages from Wizajny Parish, Suwa

jajan wrote:
jajan wrote:
Hi Marcel.

Thank-You for translating the Franciszka Jankowski Birth and Marriage records. The translations provided information on another generation of my family.

Could you please also translate the following two marriages? I believe that they are for two other children of Tomasz and Rosa Jankowski. Both are from Wizajny Parish, Suwalki Province:

#29 1819 Marriage of Paweł Jankowski and Katarzyna Wasilewska
https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/jednostka/-/jednostka/14209291

#20 1828 Marriage of Józef Wilczewski and Róża Jankowska
https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/jednostka/-/jednostka/14209314?_Jednostka_delta=20&_Jednostka_resetCur=false&_Jednostka_cur=3&_Jednostka_id_jednostki=14209314

As always, your assistance is valued!

jajan

Hi Marcel.

Just checking that this one from January 13th is still on your list to translate. You have been very busy and I am not sure that it didn’t get lost in all the activity.

Thank-You!

jajan

The marriage record for Januszewski Paweł and Katarzyna Wasilewska.

The origin: peasants

Nr 29
Kłajpedka

In the year of 1819, on the 8th day of November, in front of Us, the parish-priest of the Wiżajny parish, serving as Civil Registrar for the commune of Wiżajny, located in the county of Sejny, in the voivodeship of Augustów, appeared:

Paweł Jankowski, living in the village of Kłajpedka, who according to the birth certificate extracted from the Wiżajny parish church book is 18 years old, son of Tomasz Jankowski and Róża Jankowska nee Kousanowicz, who live in the village of Kłajpedka, gardeners. He appeared in the presence of his parents

and

Katarzyna Wasilewska, 26 years old, which she proved with the birth certificate extracted from the Wiżajny parish church book, living at her parents, daughter of Ignacy Wasilewski and Marianna Wasilewska, who live in the village of Jegliniszki, gardeners. She appeared in the presence of her parents.

Both parties demand Us to began arranged between them marriage, whose announcements came out in front of the main door of our commune house, it is:, the first one of the 24th October and the second on the 31st October of the current year, on Sundays. There were no obstacles to this marriage and the parents gave permission to this marriage. We read all the papers, from which it turns out that legally required formalities have been fulfilled. After reading to the parties and the witnesses all the aforementioned documents and the 6th chapter of the Napoleonic Civil Code, titled: "About Marriage", we asked the future spouse [him] and a future spouse [her] if they want to marry with each other. When each of them separately responded that this is their will, we declare in the name of law that:

Paweł Jankowski and Katarzyna Wasilewska are joined in the marriage union. We wrote down the act of marriage in the presence of: Antoni Tyleda, 50 years old, Jakub Kozłowski, 28 years old, both living in the village of Kłajpedka on the farm.

this act was read to the present and it was signed by Us. The persons mentioned in this act were illiterate.

The Wiżajny parish-priest, R. Milanowski, serving as Civil Registrar.

It happened in the town of Wiżajny, on September 7th, 1828, at 5 p.m.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses: Antoni Hania, a gardener, living in Ługiele, 30 years old and Antoni Gałkowski, a servant, living in Ługiele, 38 years old, the neighbour of the aftermentioned Józef Wilczewski, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Józef Wilczewski, a single man, a servant, living in Stara Hańcza, who was born in Czebr????, son of the spouses: Maciej Wilczewski and Katarzyna Wilczewska nee Szorc, who live in the said village, 24 years old

and

Róża Jankowska, a miss, daughter of the spouses: Tomasz Jankowski and Róża, who live in Kłajpedka, 22 years old, who was born here, in Kłajpeda Wielka and lives at her parents'.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced in the Wiżajny parish, on: August 17th, 20th and 31st of the current year.

The bride's parents gave their oral permission for this marriage.
There were no objections for this marriage.
The newlyweds declared they did not enter into the prenuptial agreement.
This act was read to the newlyweds and the witnesses and it was signed by us, because the others were illiterate.

The Wiżajny parish-priest, Milanowski.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:36 am      Post subject: Re: Help Identify Information in Record

adame24 wrote:
Hello, I am looking for assistance in identifying key information from this 1831 death record. The record is of Marianna Zjadewicz. Her surname is Jaros and I have information that she was born around 1795-1800 to parents Antoni Jaros and Marianna Marcinówna.

Her husband was Maksym Zjadewicz. Maksym remarried in 1832 which is why I have strong reason to believe that Marianna died the year prior in 1831. Can someone please take a look at this record and let me know if the information ties to these facts.

Kraśniewo

It happened in Gralewo, on September 17th, 1831, at 9 a.m.
Appeared Karol Borzewicz, the village head, 40 years old and Bartłomiej Szafrański, 30 years old, a smith, and they declared that today, at 12 o'clock at night died in Kraśniewo: Marianna Zjadewicz, 36 years old, and she left her widowed husband, Maksym Zjadewicz, a lackey.
After convinced myself about the death of Marianna Zjadewicz this act was read to the declarants and it was signed by Us, as they declared they were illiterate.

The parish-priest Gabriel Melchior Gawroński, the Pułtusk canon priest.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:52 am      Post subject:

adame24 wrote:
Witaj,

Proszę o tłumaczenie tego dokumentu na język angielski.

Pierwszym dokumentem jest spis ślubów Łukasza Słazakowskiego i Józefy Karczewskiej z 1830 roku. Drugi to, jak sądzę, akt zgonu Łukasza w 1853 r. w parafii Strzeszewo Wielkie na Górze (nr 25). Według moich danych Łukasz ożenił się z Józefą w 1830 r. i urodził się ok. 1795 r.

Dziękuję Ci,

Nr 25
The village of Skrzeszewo Wielkie

It happened in Góra, on July 29th/August 10th, 1853, at 11 a.m.

Appeared, the nobleman, Izydor Cywiński, 39 years old, daylaborer, a tenant living in Skrzeszewo, not related with the deceased person and Feliks Żochowski, 52 years old, a sacristan, serving in the church of Góra, and they declared Us that on July 29th/August 10th of the current year, at 8 a.m., died Łukasz Ślęzakowski, 53 years old, a daylaborer, who lived in Strzeszewo Wielkie. the names of his parents and the name of the place he was born were unknown to the declarants. He left his widowed wife, Józefa nee Karczewska.
After convinced myself about the death of Łukasz Ślęzakowski this act was read to the present, who were illiterate and it was signed by us only.

The Góra parish-priest, Stanisław Osiecki.

________

The index of the marriages that You have attached doesn't provide any information about the age or the birth date of the newlyweds.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:20 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

Can you please translate the attached marriage record Number 3 over 2 pages.

Nr 3
Kuszyn

It happened in the village of Kościelec, on January 21st, 1846, at 2 p.m.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses, Marcin Kuciak, 32 years old, the innkeeper and Jan Nowakowski, 52 years old, a cook, both living in Kuszyn, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Walenty Zawias, 33 years old, widower*, whose wife died on November 6th of the last year in Przedzyń, a shepherd, living in Przedzyń, who was born in Kosmów, son of the Michał and the living Marianna nee Grzelak, a daylaborer who lives in Plewnia, the Zawias spouses, peasants

and

Agnieszka Ławińska, a miss, 17 years old, living at her parents', who was born and lives in Kuszyn, daughter of the spouses: Nikodem Ławiński and Magdalena ŁAwińska nee Wypych, the shepherds, who live in Kuszyn.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced in the parish of Kościelec, on January 4th, 11th and 18th of the current year.

The bride's parents gave their permission for this marriage.

There were no objections for this marriage.
The newlyweds declared they did not enter into the prenuptial agreement.
This act was read to the newlyweds and the witnesses and it was signed by us, because the newlyweds and the witnesses were illiterate.

The Kościelec parish-priest, Pierczyński.

*left margin note: after the word "widower" there is a x sign that leads to the left margin, where are the following words written: "whose wife died on November 6th of the last year in Przedzyń. This note should be placed in the 9th line of the record, after the word "widower".

jajan

Replies: 71

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:54 am      Post subject: Sznejder - Birth Record 1842 Wizajny Parish, Suwalki

Hi Marcel.

Could you please translate this birth record when you have a chance?

Ludwik Sznejder. #264. 1842

https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/skan/-/skan/a958cd962eae51d6cee04c93e005dfec693949f093ae1da89172b942999804d2

Thank-You!

jajan

Ludwik Sznejder 1842 K_ajpeda.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  661.12 KB

Ludwik Sznejder  1842 K_ajpeda.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:22 am      Post subject: Re: Sznejder - Birth Record 1842 Wizajny Parish, Suwalki

jajan wrote:
Hi Marcel.

https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/skan/-/skan/a958cd962eae51d6cee04c93e005dfec693949f093ae1da89172b942999804d2

Thank-You!

jajan

Nr 264
Kłajpeda

It happened in the town of Wiżajny, on December 5th, 1842, at 4 p.m.
Appeared Franciszek Sznejder, the innkeeper, 30 years old, living in the village of Kłajpeda, in the presence of Franciszek Rydzewski, the innkeeper from Kramnik, 42 years old and Jakub Siękiewicz, 56 years old, farmer living in Stołupianka, and presented Us a male infant child, who was b orn in Kłajpeda, on the 1st day of the current month and year, at 11 p.m., of his wife, Julianna nee Listopacka, 26 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name: Ludwik, and his godparents were: Franciszek Rydzewski and Katarzyna Klejs.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses, and it was signed by Us. The declarant and the witnesses were illiterate.

Priest Kochański, the Wiżajny parish-priest.

peplinskil

Replies: 40

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:56 am      Post subject: Marriage of Mateusz Kalisiak & Marianna Żurawski - 25Jan

Hello Marcel,

The ink bleed is very bad on this document, particularly on the second page. I do not need a full translation, but I was hoping to get some more information about the groom (Mateusz Kalisiak) and his family (birthplace, occupation/social status, etc.). Is there any indication that the father of the groom - Łukasz Kalisiak - is deceased at the time of this marriage? For example, can you decipher who gave permission for the groom to be married, or if both of the groom's parents were in attendance at the wedding?

The marriage location is Krzeczanowo/Unieck parish. Please do not bother with the dates of the marriage banns.

As always, your help is greatly appreciated!

Lee

1818-Mateusz Kalisiak & Marianna Zurowska-marriage certificate (1817-1818) (1 of 2) 25Jan1818.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  749.67 KB

1818-Mateusz Kalisiak & Marianna Zurowska-marriage certificate (1817-1818) (1 of 2) 25Jan1818.png

1818-Mateusz Kalisiak & Marianna Zurowska-marriage certificate (1817-1818) (2 of 2) 25Jan1818.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.06 MB

1818-Mateusz Kalisiak & Marianna Zurowska-marriage certificate (1817-1818) (2 of 2) 25Jan1818.png

peplinskil

Replies: 40

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:16 pm      Post subject: Marriage of Mateusz Kalisiak & Marianna Żurawski - 25Jan

Marcel,
Regarding my prior post, can you also take a look at the witnesses? I made an attempt and have come up with the following:
Maciej Walczak(?), age 40, Kopczarz
Tomasz Lewandowski, age 50, ?
Tomasz Olewniczak, age 50, farmer (gospodarz)
Józef (illegible), age 30, farmer (gospodarz)

Can you also provide an explanation of Kopczarz?

Thank you!
Lee
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:02 pm      Post subject: Re: Marriage of Mateusz Kalisiak & Marianna Żurawski - 2

peplinskil wrote:
Hello Marcel,

The ink bleed is very bad on this document, particularly on the second page. I do not need a full translation, but I was hoping to get some more information about the groom (Mateusz Kalisiak) and his family (birthplace, occupation/social status, etc.). Is there any indication that the father of the groom - Łukasz Kalisiak - is deceased at the time of this marriage? For example, can you decipher who gave permission for the groom to be married, or if both of the groom's parents were in attendance at the wedding?

The marriage location is Krzeczanowo/Unieck parish. Please do not bother with the dates of the marriage banns.

As always, your help is greatly appreciated!

Lee

I am working on it.

jajan

Replies: 71

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:01 am      Post subject: Re: Sznejder - Birth Record 1842 Wizajny Parish, Suwalki

marcelproust wrote:
jajan wrote:
Hi Marcel.

Thank-You!

jajan

Nr 264
Kłajpeda

It happened in the town of Wiżajny, on December 5th, 1842, at 4 p.m.
Appeared Franciszek Sznejder, the innkeeper, 30 years old, living in the village of Kłajpeda, in the presence of Franciszek Rydzewski, the innkeeper from Kramnik, 42 years old and Jakub Siękiewicz, 56 years old, farmer living in Stołupianka, and presented Us a male infant child, who was b orn in Kłajpeda, on the 1st day of the current month and year, at 11 p.m., of his wife, Julianna nee Listopacka, 26 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name: Ludwik, and his godparents were: Franciszek Rydzewski and Katarzyna Klejs.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses, and it was signed by Us. The declarant and the witnesses were illiterate.

Priest Kochański, the Wiżajny parish-priest.

Thank-You, Marcel! I have left you a PM. jajan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 537, 538, 539 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 538 of 580

Jump to: