PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 551, 552, 553 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author

Replies: 7

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:14 am      Post subject: Re: Polish letter translation

marcelproust wrote:
davehon wrote:
Hello,

I am new to this forum. So far I like it very much.

I have a two page letter from my great-grandfather Felix Hon. He was born near Lutcza around 1870. It is written in Polish and the letter is from the 1930s. We believe it is written to a friend. It's the only document in Polish I have from any relative, and also the only written document from him. I think it could yield useful information about other relatives, connections, his personality etc.

Is this something anyone here would be willing to translate? Or even a general idea of what the letter is about. If so I'll post the file. If not, do you have any recommendations of how I can get it translated? I have already attempted multiple times to do it myself and have not gotten anywhere.

Thank you! - David

This is very difficult to decipher. The person who wrote this letter had a poor use of Polish or had a very limited ability to write in accordance with the language requirements.

This is what I was able to read:

The year of 1939, on the 19th day of [no month given]

Praised be Jesus Christ and the Virgin Mary.
I received Your letter and I decided to write back immediately. You wrote that you want to come to me, so come.

The next sentence tells you that there are high costs for something and that the letter writer recommends something that I cannot read.

Because Stasiu [diminutive of the name Stanisław] was and somebodie's [can't decipher] daughter in law were too and now [Silierka????? can't read the name] is going to come here so you have to think together that everyone doesn't come at the same time because there is not so much place to sleep.

Currently I feel healthy, but visit me soon, because it is not known if I will live to see another year.

Tell [Silierka????] to bring [???? some kind of clothes].....................

my best regards for all, Amen.

That is all i was able to read.

Marcel, an enormous thank you for the translation. That letter has been an enigma for so long. It’s too bad that there wasn’t more for content in the letter. I’m surprised he could not write in Polish well. That in of itself is useful to know.
nercell
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 287

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:36 am      Post subject: Public Execution World War 11

Good day,

May I ask for a full translation, please?

On Dec 10 1943, in Topólcza, Zamość region of Poland there was a public execution of 10 young men, recorded by Dr Zygmunt Klukowski.

Thank you for your generous assistance with such sensitive material.

Nancy Celleri

Screenshot_20220630-073138_Gallery.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  475.2 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Screenshot_20220630-073138_Gallery.jpg

Trish
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 295

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:56 pm      Post subject: Polish Marriage Record Translation

Hi Marcel,
Can you please translate the marriage record for Franciszek Mrowczynski and Julianna Korajczk? Are the groom's parents still alive? Does the record state where the parents of the groom are living?

Marriage: Year: 1866 - Place: Kazimierz Biskupi, Konin, Wielkopolskie, Poland

Groom: Franciszek Mrowczynski - born 5 January 1845 in Gebice (gmina: Mogilno). Parents are Michael Mrowczynski and Wiktoria Borlinska.

Bride: Julianna Korajczk - born 1843 - Parents: Antoni Korajczyk and Bisikiewicz

Thank you so much for your time.
Trish

Franciszek Mrowczynski Marriage 1866 p2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  371.37 KB

Franciszek Mrowczynski Marriage 1866 p2.jpg

Franciszek Mrowczynski Marriage 1866 p1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  128.42 KB

Franciszek Mrowczynski Marriage 1866 p1.jpg

Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:39 am      Post subject:

ertylisz wrote:
Can you please translate the attached hand written information ? Thank you, Gene Tylisz

Hi Gene,
This one is not much of a translation task, it's more about reading the handwriting, so I will try to help you with it.
Obviously, this is the back of a photo of the Splawski family in 1929, and the writing is entirely about identifying the people in the photo. Here goes!

"od lewej" means "from the left"
"u gory" means "at the top"

It is not entirely clear which names go with which of these. My interpretation is that "od lewej" is about this list of people:
"siedza zona Staska" means "the wife of Stas (nickname for Stanislaw) is sitting" (the verb sitting here is plural so it probably applies to the next two women as well)
"babcia Cecylia" means "grandma Cecylia"
mama Jozia (but Jozia is crossed out or written over)
"na kolanach Henka" means "Henka is on (someone's, presumably Jozia's) lap"
"i stoi Zygmunt" means "Zygmunt is standing"

I think that the "u gory" refers to this list of people"
"wujek Stasiek" means "Uncle Stas (nickname for Stanislaw)"
Jozef
"ciotka Walka" means "Aunt Walka" (is that a surname that is familiar to you?)
"dzieci" means children, there are three names but the first two are crossed out or written over: Marion, Jozef and Wincenty
"Babcia Jozia z mezem" means "Grandma Jozia and her husband"
"na kolanach babcia Henie" means "Henie is on grandma's lap"
"obok Zygmunt" means "next to Zygmunt"

It seems a little repetitive. Hopefully, with the photo in front of you, it will make sense.

Sophia
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:49 pm      Post subject: Re: Polish Marriage Record Translation

[quote="Trish"]Hi Marcel,
Can you please translate the marriage record for Franciszek Mrowczynski and Julianna Korajczk? Are the groom's parents still alive? Does the record state where the parents of the groom are living?

Groom: Franciszek Mrowczynski - born 5 January 1845 in Gebice (gmina: Mogilno). Parents are Michael Mrowczynski and Wiktoria Borlinska.

Bride: Julianna Korajczk - born 1843 - Parents: Antoni Korajczyk and Bisikiewicz

Trish[/quote

Act 22
Kazimierz

It happened in the town of Kazimierz, on November 14th, 1866, at 3 p.m.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses, Marcin Małkiewicz, a shoemaker, 40 years old and Łukasz Maszyński, a farmer, 61 years old, the newlyweds' neighbours, living in Kazimierz, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Franciszek Mrówczyński, a single man, a shoemaker, living temporarily here, in Kazimierz, holding a Prussian passport, 21 years old, who was born in the town of Gębice, located in The Grand Duchy of Posen, a son of the shoemakers, Michał Mrówczyński and Wiktoria Mrówczyńska nee Borlińska, who both live temporarily here, in Kazimierz, both holding a Prussian passport

and

Julianna Korajczyk, a miss, daughter of the farmers who live here, in Kazimierz: Antoni Korayczuk and Franciszka Korayczuk nee Bisikiewicz, 23 years old, who was born here, in Kazimierz and who lived here at her parents'.

This marriage was preceded by the 3 banns of marriage, announced in the parishes of Kazimierz and Gębice:

-Kazimierz: September 30th, October 7th and October 14th of the current year, all three of them at 11 am.m,

Gębice: October 7th, 14th and 21st of the current year.

There were no objections for this marriage.
The newlyweds declared they did not enter into the prenuptial agreement.
All persons mentioned in this act are catholics.
This act was read to the newlyweds and the witnesses and it was signed by Us, the groom and the first of the witnesses, the others were illiterate.

The parish-priest, Florian Willant.
Franciszek Mrówczński,
Marcin Małkiewicz.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
ertylisz
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 191

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:30 pm      Post subject:

Sophia wrote:
ertylisz wrote:
Can you please translate the attached hand written information ? Thank you, Gene Tylisz

Hi Gene,
This one is not much of a translation task, it's more about reading the handwriting, so I will try to help you with it.
Obviously, this is the back of a photo of the Splawski family in 1929, and the writing is entirely about identifying the people in the photo. Here goes!

"od lewej" means "from the left"
"u gory" means "at the top"

It is not entirely clear which names go with which of these. My interpretation is that "od lewej" is about this list of people:
"siedza zona Staska" means "the wife of Stas (nickname for Stanislaw) is sitting" (the verb sitting here is plural so it probably applies to the next two women as well)
"babcia Cecylia" means "grandma Cecylia"
mama Jozia (but Jozia is crossed out or written over)
"na kolanach Henka" means "Henka is on (someone's, presumably Jozia's) lap"
"i stoi Zygmunt" means "Zygmunt is standing"

I think that the "u gory" refers to this list of people"
"wujek Stasiek" means "Uncle Stas (nickname for Stanislaw)"
Jozef
"ciotka Walka" means "Aunt Walka" (is that a surname that is familiar to you?)
"dzieci" means children, there are three names but the first two are crossed out or written over: Marion, Jozef and Wincenty
"Babcia Jozia z mezem" means "Grandma Jozia and her husband"
"na kolanach babcia Henie" means "Henie is on grandma's lap"
"obok Zygmunt" means "next to Zygmunt"

It seems a little repetitive. Hopefully, with the photo in front of you, it will make sense.

Sophia

SPLAWSKI, CECYLIA, FAMILY, 1929 , 2 .jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  348.58 KB

SPLAWSKI, CECYLIA,  FAMILY, 1929 , 2 .jpeg

TedMack

Replies: 479

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:29 am      Post subject: Polish Record Translation

G'day Marcel

Can you please translate the attached.

Birth Cecylia Szmajdzinski - record 22 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  245.17 KB

Birth Cecylia Szmajdzinski - record 22 (2).jpg

Trish
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 295

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:11 pm      Post subject: Re: Polish Marriage Record Translation

[quote="marcelproust"]
Trish wrote:
Hi Marcel,

Trish[/quote

Act 22
Kazimierz

It happened in the town of Kazimierz, on November 14th, 1866, at 3 p.m.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses, Marcin Małkiewicz, a shoemaker, 40 years old and Łukasz Maszyński, a farmer, 61 years old, the newlyweds' neighbours, living in Kazimierz, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Franciszek Mrówczyński, a single man, a shoemaker, living temporarily here, in Kazimierz, holding a Prussian passport, 21 years old, who was born in the town of Gębice, located in The Grand Duchy of Posen, a son of the shoemakers, Michał Mrówczyński and Wiktoria Mrówczyńska nee Borlińska, who both live temporarily here, in Kazimierz, both holding a Prussian passport

and

Julianna Korajczyk, a miss, daughter of the farmers who live here, in Kazimierz: Antoni Korayczuk and Franciszka Korayczuk nee Bisikiewicz, 23 years old, who was born here, in Kazimierz and who lived here at her parents'.

This marriage was preceded by the 3 banns of marriage, announced in the parishes of Kazimierz and Gębice:

-Kazimierz: September 30th, October 7th and October 14th of the current year, all three of them at 11 am.m,

Gębice: October 7th, 14th and 21st of the current year.

There were no objections for this marriage.
The newlyweds declared they did not enter into the prenuptial agreement.
All persons mentioned in this act are catholics.
This act was read to the newlyweds and the witnesses and it was signed by Us, the groom and the first of the witnesses, the others were illiterate.

The parish-priest, Florian Willant.
Franciszek Mrówczński,
Marcin Małkiewicz.

Hi Marcel,
Thank you so much for translating this record for me. I truly do appreicate your kindness. Have a wonderful day!
Trish
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:36 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

Kiełczew Smużny

It happened in Wrząca Wielka, on February 27th, 1916, at 2 p.m.
Appeared Józef Szmajdziński, 50 years old, a farmer from Kiełczew Smużny, a peasant belonging to the commune of Czołowo, located in the county of Koło, in the presence of Józef Kowalski, 50 years old and Bolesław Nadzielski, 48 years old, both farmers from Kiełczew Smużny, and presented Us a female infant child, who was born in Kiełczew Smużny on February 21st of the current year, at 7 p.m., to his wife, Stanisława nee Michalak, 30 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name: Cecylia and the godparents were: Franciszek Szmajdzińśki and Marianna Kowalska.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses and it was signed by Us.

The note at the bottom of the act: Died in Grzegorzew, on July 22nd, 2001. Act number 17/2001 stored in the Registry Office in Grzegorzew.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:49 am      Post subject:

[quote="ertylisz"][quote="Sophia"]
ertylisz wrote:

here is the translation of the inscriptions on the front of the picture

splawski_cecylia_family_1929__2__133.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  350.93 KB

splawski_cecylia_family_1929__2__133.jpeg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:53 am      Post subject: Re: Public Execution World War 11

nercell wrote:
Good day,

May I ask for a full translation, please?

On Dec 10 1943, in Topólcza, Zamość region of Poland there was a public execution of 10 young men, recorded by Dr Zygmunt Klukowski.

Thank you for your generous assistance with such sensitive material.

Nancy Celleri

Topólcza
Execution
On the December 10th, 1943, at 12.30, an ominous order has been issued on the village: "The Germans are coming". And in fact, on the road from Kawęczyn appeared 9 cars. Each car was fully loaded with the german army. Those cars stopped in the middle of the village of Topólcza. Some part of the army immediately scattered over the country homesteads. Some of these soldiers drove people out of their homes to the execution place, saying they will see the soldiers shoot the bandits. The other soldiers were robbing empty houses of everything possible.
At 13.10, the squad commander, with help of a translator, read the order condemning 9 bandits to death.
Nobody saw these bandits.
After reading the order, the German soldiers pulled out a kind of drawer from the car in which there were 5 young people, aged 18-22. They were all on their left side, side by side. The same kind of a drawer was pulled out from another car, with 4 prisoners in it.
The Germans shouted loudly: aufstehen [stand up] and they used pistol butts to make the inmates crawl to the ground. All but one, who had torn slippers, were barefoot. They wore torn jackets. They all looked like ghouls, not humans. Then, three prisoners had their hands tied behind their backs with wire. After tying them up, the condemned men were tied to a wire and led to a fence that separated the meadow and the animals' enclosure. There they were tied to a fence pole, facing the village. In front of them, three rows of German soldiers, 7-10 men each, formed. At the command: Feuer [fire], these three rows fired. Two people fell instantly and a third was standing. You could see the surprise on the faces of all the people. A second volley was fired. History repeated itself. Only after the third shot did the young man bow his head to the ground. It was a sign that the soul had departed to eternity. After that, the men were forced to untie and drag the dead bodies away.

TedMack

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:16 am      Post subject: Polish Record Translation

G'day Marcel

Cheers

Birth Franciszek Halka 1810 - record 14 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  290.82 KB

Birth Franciszek Halka 1810 - record 14 (2).jpg

TedMack

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:00 am      Post subject: Polish Record Translation

G'day Marcel

Can you please translate this record.

Birth Sylwester Szmajdzinski - record 44(2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  219.77 KB

Birth Sylwester Szmajdzinski - record 44(2).jpg

jonah

Replies: 12

Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:35 am      Post subject:

Hi Marcel,

Hoping you can translate the death certificate of Krystyna Felt, wife of Michael Bonkowski.

Krystynafeltdeathcert1852 - Lipno 141.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.13 MB

Krystynafeltdeathcert1852 - Lipno 141.jpg

TedMack

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:00 am      Post subject: Polish Record Translation

G'day Marcel

Can you please translate the attached records. The marriage record I can read just want to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Cheers

Death Magdalena Mackowski 1832 - record 4 (Polish).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  196.13 KB

Death Magdalena Mackowski 1832 - record 4 (Polish).jpg

Marriage Szczepan Solarczyk and Franciszka Zielnik 1824 - record 2 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  260.39 KB

Marriage Szczepan Solarczyk and Franciszka Zielnik 1824 - record 2 (2).jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 551, 552, 553 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 552 of 580

Jump to: