PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 557, 558, 559 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:39 am      Post subject:

Skowronski wrote:
Please translate the attached document.

Nr 2
Milewo

In the year of 1823, on the 13th day of January, at 5 p.m., in front of Us, the Koziebrody parish-priest, serving as Civil Registrar for the commune of Koziebrody, located in the Mława district, in the voivodeship of Płock, appeared Jan Stochowicz, a shepherd, 22 years old, living in the village of Milewo and presented Us a female infant child, who was born in his house number 5, on the 10th day of January of the current year, at 5 a.m., and declared that the child was born to him and his wife, Marianna nee Astemborowicz, 21 years old and that his wish was to name the child Józefa.
After making the above statement and presenting the child this birth record was read and signed by Us, because the declarants were illiterate, in the presence of Szymon Daszkowski, a farmer, 40 years old and Piotr Kozłowski, 39 years old, both peasants, farmers living in the village of Milewo.

Priest Grabowski.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
peplinskil

Replies: 40

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:30 am      Post subject: Re: Jan Wiśniewski death certificate

marcelproust wrote:
peplinskil wrote:
Can someone please help me with just a couple of words in the attached death certificate for Jan Wiśniewski? I have marked the words that I am not familiar with:
1. occupation of first witness Antoni Bończak - sotky?/sałky?
2. the word(s) after gospodarz for the deceased Jan Wiśniewski

For the rest of the document, I have translated the pertinent sections as follows:
23. Krzeczanowo 11Mar1852 (28Feb1852) - Appeared Jakób Wiśniewski (45 years old), blacksmith in Laszewo, & Antoni Bończak (38 years old), sotky?/sałky? in Krzeczanowo, and state that on 09Feb1852 died in Krzeczanowo, Jan Wiśniewski, 40 years old, farmer, born in Cendatach (i.e. Cyndaty), son of Józef Wiśniewski & Magdalena née Gajewski, widowed his wife Agnieszka née Kalisak.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Lee

1. sołtys: a village head,
2. pańszczyźniany: an adjective describing a villein: a peasant under the feudal system, who was serf with respect to his lord but had the rights and privileges of freeman with respect to others.

Krzeczanowo

It happened in the village of Unieck, on February 28th/March 11th, 1852, at 2 p.m.
Appeared Jakub Wiśniewski, a smith from Łaszewo, 45 years old and Antoni Bończak, a village head from Krzeczanowo, 38 years old, and they declared that on February 9th of the current year, at 7 p.m. died in Krzeczanowo Jan Wiśniewski, 40 years old, a farmer, a villein, who was born in Cyndaty, a son of Józef Wiśniewski and Magdalena Wiśniewska nee Gajewska. He was survived by his wife, Agnieszka nee Kalisiak.
After convinced myself about the death of Wiśniewski this act was read to the declarants, who were illiterate and it was signed by Us.

Priest Adam Koziński, the Unieck parish-priest.

Thanks Marcel!
The translation of those few extra words adds a lot of context.
Thanks,
Lee
mattyj1202

Replies: 45

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:34 am      Post subject: Translation: Jan Jaworski 1874 Death Record

Hi all,

Always a HUGE help to have the experience and knowledge in this forum!

Could someone please translate this Russian death record for me? Image attached; record is also available on Geneteka at the following URL:

https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=pg&ar=3&zs=1405d&se=&sy=1874&kt=3&plik=01-03.jpg&x=1919&y=722&zoom=2

Jan Jaworski, 1874 Biala parish, Entry 2.

Thank you!

Matt

Jan Jaworski Death Record - 1874 Biala Parish - Entry 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.23 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Jan Jaworski Death Record - 1874 Biala Parish - Entry 2.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:53 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation: Jan Jaworski 1874 Death Record

mattyj1202 wrote:
Hi all,

Could someone please translate this Russian death record for me? Image attached; record is also available on Geneteka at the following URL:

https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=pg&ar=3&zs=1405d&se=&sy=1874&kt=3&plik=01-03.jpg&x=1919&y=722&zoom=2

Thank you!

Matt

I am working on it.

C J Schmidt

Replies: 37

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:21 pm      Post subject:

Please translate this document for me.

1840 Marriage record between Jan Grams and Ann Kranz.

1840 M. Jan Grams, Anna Krantz (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  242.53 KB

1840 M. Jan Grams, Anna Krantz (2).jpg

Last edited by C J Schmidt on Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
peplinskil

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:34 am      Post subject: Marriage of Franciszek Lawendowski & Franciszka Łukaszow

Hello Marcel,
Please translate the attached marriage document of Franciszek Lawendowski & Franciszka Łukaszowna (village Krzeczanowo, parish Unieck).

I am particularly interested in the wording about the bride & groom (birthplaces, parents, occupation?) and also the witnesses, so can you please translate those parts completely? Feel free to skip the dates of the marriage banns.

Thank you very much!
Lee

1818-01-Franciszka Łukasiak & Franciszek Lawendowski-marriage certificate (0) 03May1818.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  604.38 KB

1818-01-Franciszka Łukasiak & Franciszek Lawendowski-marriage certificate (0) 03May1818.png

peplinskil

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:29 pm      Post subject: Partial translation request

Another, hopefully quick, request. In the attached birth certificate, can you help me understand the wording for the first witness Paweł Gąsiorowski? It appears to me to be written as "Służącego za parobka tamże." Does this mean "Servant to farmworker in same place"? Does it imply that he was a servant to the farmer, or that he was a manor servant who happened to reside in the same place?

I do not need the rest of the document translated. I understand the key points fairly well.

Your help is greatly appreciated, as always,
Lee

1846-38-Marianna Lawendowska (daughter of Mateusz Lawendowski & Anna Ostrowska)-birth certificate 10May1846.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  183.59 KB

1846-38-Marianna Lawendowska (daughter of Mateusz Lawendowski & Anna Ostrowska)-birth certificate 10May1846.gif

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:07 am      Post subject: Re: Partial translation request

peplinskil wrote:
Another, hopefully quick, request. In the attached birth certificate, can you help me understand the wording for the first witness Paweł Gąsiorowski? It appears to me to be written as "Służącego za parobka tamże." Does this mean "Servant to farmworker in same place"? Does it imply that he was a servant to the farmer, or that he was a manor servant who happened to reside in the same place?

I do not need the rest of the document translated. I understand the key points fairly well.

Your help is greatly appreciated, as always,
Lee

Paweł Gąsiorowski, serving as a farmhand in Krzeczanów. It is not specified where he worked. He could work in a manor, or for a rich farmer, as a seasonal worker..

C J Schmidt

Replies: 37

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:50 pm      Post subject: Polish Translation Request

Could someone please translate these 2 death records for me please?

1866 Death Luzanna Grams (Uncertain as to the relationship of Jan Grams on this record. Is it his daughter or his mother?)

1862 Death Anna (nee Albrecht) Grams wife of Jan Grams

1866 Death Luzanna Grams (Jana Grams) (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  118.42 KB

1866 Death Luzanna Grams (Jana Grams) (2).jpg

1862 Death Anna (Albrecht) Grams (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.44 KB

1862 Death Anna (Albrecht) Grams (2).jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:13 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Translation Request

C J Schmidt wrote:
Could someone please translate these 2 death records for me please?

1866 Death Luzanna Grams (Uncertain as to the relationship of Jan Grams on this record. Is it his daughter or his mother?)

1862 Death Anna (nee Albrecht) Grams wife of Jan Grams

Kazubek

It happened in the village of Sadlno, on July 29th, 1866, at 6 p.m.
Appeared Szczepan Fryszkowski, 37 years old and WOjciech Szczepański, 37 years old, farmers from Kazubek and they declared that on the 27th day of the current month and year, at 4 p.m., died in Kazubek: Zuzanna Grams, a farmer, 50 years old, who was survived by her husband Jan Grams and daughter, Katarzyna.
After convinced myself about the death of Grams this act was read to the illiterate declarants and it was signed by us.

Priest Mikołaj Rozpędowski.

Kazubek

It happened in Sadlno, on November 6th, 1862, at 8 a.m.
Appeared Piotr Studziński, a farmer, 40 years old and Wojciech Szczepański, a farmer, 30 years old, both living in Kazubek and they declared that on the day before yesterday, at 10 a.m., died Anna Grams, a farmer from Kazubek, 30 years old, daughter of Jakub and Marcjanna nee Jozefacka, the late Albrecht spouses, and was survived by her husband, Jan Grams.
After convinced myself about the death of Grams this act was read to the declarants, who were the deceased's neighbours and it was signed by Us, because they were illiterate.

Priest Karkowski.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:06 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage of Franciszek Lawendowski & Franciszka Łuka

peplinskil wrote:
Hello Marcel,
Please translate the attached marriage document of Franciszek Lawendowski & Franciszka Łukaszowna (village Krzeczanowo, parish Unieck).

I am particularly interested in the wording about the bride & groom (birthplaces, parents, occupation?) and also the witnesses, so can you please translate those parts completely? Feel free to skip the dates of the marriage banns.

Thank you very much!
Lee

These are all important data extracted from this marriage act. The rest are just typical marriage formulas:

Krzeczanowo

It happened on May 3rd, 1818.

The name of the parish: Unieck, located in the commune of Uniec, in the district of Mława, in the voivodeship of Płock

The groom: Franciszek Lewandowski, a single man, 19 years old, born in the parish of Niedzbórz, a servant living in the village of Krzeczanowo, son of Tomasz and Agata, the Lewandowski's spouses,

The bride: Franciszka Łukaszówna, a miss, 18 years old, born in the parish of Uniec, living at her parents' in the village of Krzeczanowo, daughter of Łukasz and Marianna, the Łukasz spouses

The banns of marriage were announced in the front of the Unieck commune house: April 20th and April 27th of the current year.

The witnesses: Maciej Walczak, 40 yers old, Walenty Bieluch, 22 years old, Łukasz Jakobiak, 45 years old, Tomasz Lewandowski, 50 years old, all of them living in Krzeczanowo.

The groom and the bride were peasants.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:31 am      Post subject:

C J Schmidt wrote:
Please translate this document for me.

1840 Marriage record between Jan Grams and Ann Kranz.

Nr 15

Sosnówka

It happened in the village of Sadlno, on September 6th, 1840, at 12 o'clock at noon.
We make it known that in the village of the witnesses: Sebastian Dużyński, 24 years old and Wojciech Grzybawski, 30 years old, not related to the aftermentioned newlyweds in the degree of affinity or consanguinity, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Jan Grams, a single man, a catholic, who was born in Nowe Świecie, living in Władysławów, son of Krystian and Marianna, the Grams spouses, who live in Nowe Świecie, 30 years old, a farmer

and

Anna Krantz, daughter of Józef and Rozalia, the Krantz spouses, who was born in Obory and lives in Sosnówka, working as a servant in Sosnówka, 24 years old.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced in the parish of Sadlno, on: August 23rd, August 30th and September 6th of the current year.

The newlyweds' parents, who were present at writing this marriage act, gave their oral permission for this marriage.
There were no objections for this marriage.
The newlyweds declared they did not enter into the prenuptial agreement.
This act was read to the newlyweds and the witnesses, who all were illiterate, and it was signed by Us.

Priest Lucjan Pisarski, the administrator of the Sadlno parish.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:49 am      Post subject: Re: Translation: Jan Jaworski 1874 Death Record

mattyj1202 wrote:
Hi all,

Thank you!

Matt

Nr 2
Brzoza

It happened in the village of Biała, on January 17th/29th, 1874, at 8 a.m.
Appeared Stanisław Miś, a peasant, 50 years old and Tomasz Borucki, a peasant, 40 uyears old, both living in the village of Brzoza and they declared that on the 15th/27th day of January of the current year, at 8 a.m., died Jan Jaworski, dziad*, living in the village od Brzoza, 70 years old, son of the unknown parents.
After convinced myself about the death of Jan Jaworski this act was read to the illiterate declarants and it was signed by Us only.

Priest Rafał Obrzyński, serving as Civil Registrar.

*Dziad: this term was used to describe a person who was homeless, a beggar or someone who lived in an asylum for the poor.

j_lex

Replies: 50

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:50 pm      Post subject:

Hello, looking for some translations regarding the Lax family around Służewo. I'm still trying to piece together as much as I can on Jan Lax (born 1830), his parents, Boguslaw and Zofia, and family.

Thank you for the help!

Przybrano_Lax_Wojciech_1856.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  225.47 KB

Przybrano_Lax_Wojciech_1856.JPG

Przybrano_Lax_Josef_1853.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  203.75 KB

Przybrano_Lax_Josef_1853.JPG

Sluzewo_Lax_Josef_1826.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  155.63 KB

Sluzewo_Lax_Josef_1826.JPG

Bernhard31700

Replies: 52

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:14 pm      Post subject: Uniform

Hello All,

Can someone tell me which uniform the man is wearing ??
Is that military ? something else ??
The photo was taken in Poland between 1935 and 1938.
Definitely before 1939.

Many thanks in advance
Bernhard

Rotation of image0crop1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.97 KB

Rotation of image0crop1.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 557, 558, 559 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 558 of 580

Jump to: