PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 28

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:54 am      Post subject: Occupation in Latin

I would appreciate some help in trying to decipher the occupation shown for Joannes on this 1793 baptism entry.

I think that the word begins with either "Dui ...." or possibly "Dri ..." - I'm not sure if there are two words or just one word with a break in the middle.

Jillian

Joannes Occupation.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.49 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Joannes Occupation.jpg

Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1027

Post Posted: 15 hours ago at 8:12 am      Post subject: Re: Occupation in Latin

Jillian W wrote:
I would appreciate some help in trying to decipher the occupation shown for Joannes on this 1793 baptism entry.

I think that the word begins with either "Dui ...." or possibly "Dri ..." - I'm not sure if there are two words or just one word with a break in the middle.

Jillian

Hi Jillian,
I cannot decipher it. I wonder if you would be able to post an image that shows more of what is written on that page, or perhaps provide a link so that I can look at this writer's handwriting a bit more.
Sophia
Jillian W

Replies: 28

Post Posted: 15 hours ago at 8:21 am      Post subject: Occupation in Latin

Hello Sophia,

This is a link to the page - it's the baptism for Ignatius on the 31st [5th entry from the top].

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-9BT7-H3Y?i=317&cc=1554443&cat=1056938

One member of the family was shown to be an Inn-keeper so I had wondered if this occupation may have been connected to brewing, etc.

Any suggestions or ideas would be really appreciated as so very few entries contain a mention of an occupation.

Many thanks.

Jillian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: