PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 304

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:01 pm      Post subject:

Hello Edziu!, this is nice list of Zaworas. Unfortunately i have no close relatives with that surname. I have one marriage Zawora in my tree, not mentioned in your list. Also other people with my family surnames do not match. It is good to have such information around for future findings. I suspended my research for a while, but didnt drop it.
Your email adress looks like not valid. Earlier time, i got an server error after emailing to this adress, so I am sorry for not sending a records. These are available online on szukajwarchiwach.pl though.
IPNAR MAGDALENA

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:30 am      Post subject: Re: People from Wysoka near Lancut

sirdan wrote:
Hello, i have been visited this forum for quite some time now, but I've never opened any topic. This time i would like to ask for bit of help. There were four far family members that went to USA, two brothers and two sisters from different family. I have already gathered some information about them, but right now my research stopped and i need some suggestions from advanced members:) I wish i could find where they lived in USA, if they had any family, and when died and see their naturalization records maybe. All people i search for were born in Wysoka village, near Łańcut, Poland.

First relative i want to talk about is Maria Michna. I have much information about her. She was born in Wysoka, emigrated to USA at young age in 1911/1912. The passenger list contains her name i would like to make sure that it's the right ship manifest, i didn't found any other one - could somebody decipher initial of her father on the ship manifest. Mary married John from Wysoka and they had three children, first of them was born in 1914 in Pittsburg. Their next living place was North Huntingdon, Westmoreland. I already have some info about Ipnar family, so i do not ask for it. I wish i could find Mary Ipnar obituary and her last residence if anybody could help:) She most likely died after 1962.
Reading from 1942 WWII draft registation card, John's family was living in Irwin, RD #3, PA (N Huntingdon, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania). Could it be that this road without name has been later named from family surname? There is the "Ipnar Road" located in the south part of Irwin town:)

During my research i found that there is available public access to marriage and court information from Westmoreland County here EGS Westmoreland, very useful site.

Sister of Mary, Weronika Michna emigrated to USA in her young age in 1919. She is going to her br-in-law John. Her parents were Michał Michna and Katarzyna but I dont know her date of birth (should be around 1903). She came to Poland in 1962 and came back to USA same year. I dont know what happened to her. Most probably she didn't get marry and had no family.

I will be grateful for any help or suggestions:)

Edit:
Thanks for assistance at my discoveries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in the USA and in other countries outside Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: