PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 103

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:31 pm      Post subject: Sort of Like Gorale ~~"Lachy" ?

Hi Bill,

I am not trying to confuse you or change the subject. I'm looking for clarification. My maternal Ggrandancestors came from the village of Swiegocin-now known as Korzenna in Nowy Sacz. I had been told they are Gorale. However, I recently spoke to a woman from Zacopane who said from the Nowy Sacz region they are "sort of like Gorale" but are "Lachy".
I am wondering if you have ever come across this term "Lachy" or if you can shed any light on this subject.

Thank you,
MaryAnne
PolishLibrarian
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 311

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:59 pm      Post subject:

MaryAnne~ Here is a lead http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lachy_Sądeckie with a couple of photos. ~PL
MDuplaga
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 103

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:56 pm      Post subject:

Hi PolishLibrarian,

I was not able to open your link, so I googled "Lachy" and found the Wikipedia link I think you intended.
This is going to lead me in new direction ~ I have no idea how I can learn if my particular ancestor's are "Lachy" for sure. It is not noted in their church records.
Their costumes are somewhat different than what I thought to be the costumes from Nowy Sacz. I guess the answer is that there is more than one "ethnic" option in this region.

Thank you for giving me a bit more information!
MaryAnne
PolishLibrarian
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 311

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:16 pm      Post subject:

MA~ Sorry I didn't notice that when i posted the live link underling stopped when it reached the "a" with the tail. If you copy & paste the entire link into your browser address bar, it does work. Because the link doesn't appear live in preview, I couldn't click there to test it, so I copied & pasted it to make sure it was good. Hope it helps. ~PL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Polish Gorals - Highlanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: