PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 20

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:34 am      Post subject:

Trish, According to his passenger manifest Jacob was going to live with Stepan Kotick in Philly. I know of no relationship to this person or family.
Trish
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 295

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:21 pm      Post subject:

KaminskiJL wrote:
Hello Trish, So here is what I know about Jacob's first two marriages. His first wife was Adella Krulikowski. I have her death certificate. I also have their child Helen's death certificate. When I was younger I heard a rumor that they also had another child, Ludwiga, but I have not found any documentation of her birth, life, or death, so I am considering this to be a rumor until proven true. According to her death certificate Adella died in 1919. Sometime between 1919 and 1927 Jacob married Josephina Golembewski. Josephina died giving birth in 1927. I have her death certificate as well as her baby's birth/death certificate. In 1930 Jacob was in Shenandoah, Schuylkill county, PA and applied for a license to marry my grandmother, Ewa Esa who was a widow from her previous marriage to Dominik Mroga. On the application Jacob states that he was previously married and widowed twice. I know nothing else about him. He passed when I was 2. My parents really never spoke about him. I have some family pictures but that is about it. Now, my father was the youngest of Ewa's children, and the only child that she had with Jacob. Most of my cousins were around my father's age. I have heard from two of them that my father had 2 half brothers (names unknown although 1 went by the nickname "Banjo"). I don't know which previous wife was their mother, but I suspect that it would have been Josephina because the story I was told put them as a teenager and a young adult when they visited Jacob in Meriden in 1941.

I have also found another Jacob Kaminski married to a Adela Kulikowski living in Buffalo, NY. I do not believe that these are my grandfather and his first wife, but they sure do make for confusion. They had a daughter named Sophia who was born in 1918. Again, I do not believe that these people are my relatives.

Hi Everyone,
I found 2 more children for Jakub Kaminski and Jozefa (Josephine) Golembewski.

Name: Verenocka Kaminska
Race: White
Death Age: 0
Birth Date: 15 Nov 1922
Birth Place: Shamokin
Death Date: 30 Nov 1922
Death Place: Coal, Northumberland, Pennsylvania, USA
Father: Jacob Kaminskie
Mother: Josephine Golombieska
Certificate Number: 107338

Name: Baby Kominski
Race: White
Birth Place: Pennsylvania
Death Date: 5 Dec 1921
Death Place: Coal, Northumberland, Pennsylvania, USA
Father: Jacob Kominski
Mother: Josephine Solinbyskie
Certificate Number: 118949

Still looking!
Trish

Veronica Kaminski Death.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  790.67 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Veronica Kaminski Death.jpg

Baby Kaminski Death 1921.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  643.53 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Baby Kaminski Death 1921.jpg

KaminskiJL

Replies: 20

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:12 pm      Post subject:

Trish, Thank you so much for helping me by finding these records. I have been doing searches on Ancestry and FamilySearch and have not found these. As for the marriage records, I think that the only way that I am going to locate them is to go to the Northumberland County Clerk's office, sit down and go through the vital statistic index books page by page from 30 days after Jacob arrived in Philly in 1910 until Josephina's death in 1927. Perhaps then I will find the missing pieces of his life story. Once I get his United States story pieced back together I can concentrate on finding a place where I might do the same thing for his parents and siblings (if he had any) back in Kuniv, Ukraine.
Trish
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 295

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:54 am      Post subject:

KaminskiJL wrote:
Trish, Thank you so much for helping me by finding these records. I have been doing searches on Ancestry and FamilySearch and have not found these. As for the marriage records, I think that the only way that I am going to locate them is to go to the Northumberland County Clerk's office, sit down and go through the vital statistic index books page by page from 30 days after Jacob arrived in Philly in 1910 until Josephina's death in 1927. Perhaps then I will find the missing pieces of his life story. Once I get his United States story pieced back together I can concentrate on finding a place where I might do the same thing for his parents and siblings (if he had any) back in Kuniv, Ukraine.

Hi!
Per the USA records you have so far, you can narrow down marriage years for Jakub Kaminski. For marriage #1, it had to be between 1910-1914. The baby Helen was born in 1914. For marriage #2, it has to be between 1919 (after the death of first wife) and 1921 (death of baby Kaminski dying 1921).

Do you know the Church they went to? Finding a Church marriage or birth record might give you clues as to where they are from? If you write or call the Church, make sure you ask for any notations on the records such as birth location and parents' names.

As for the research in Kuniv, I would follow Sophia's advice and contact the Polish Origins genealogists.

Hope this helps some!
Trish
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: