PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 141

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:56 am      Post subject: Help finding records

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any other place besides familysearch for this record? Family search's microfilm only goes up to 1878. I cannot even get their birth records for they were born in the 1880's

Julian Sugalski married Franciszka Mazurowska in 1903 - Act #32 - in Skrwilno

https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=S&w=02kp&rid=S&search_lastname=sugalski&search_name=julian&search_lastname2=&search_name2=franciszka&from_date=&to_date=

Thank you for all your help.
Trish
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2593

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:19 pm      Post subject: Re: Help finding records

Trish wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any other place besides familysearch for this record? Family search's microfilm only goes up to 1878. I cannot even get their birth records for they were born in the 1880's

https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=S&w=02kp&rid=S&search_lastname=sugalski&search_name=julian&search_lastname2=&search_name2=franciszka&from_date=&to_date=

Trish

Hi Trish,

The go to site for records from Kujawsko-Pomorskie which are housed in the Włocławek branch of the Polish National Archive in Toruń is https://www.genealogiawarchiwach.pl/ Attached is the marriage record and the 1905 birth of their son Włacław.

Wishing you continued success,

Dave

71_370_0_133(5).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  628.8 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

71_370_0_133(5).jpg

71_370_0_131 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  322.99 KB

71_370_0_131 2.jpg

Trish

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:21 pm      Post subject: Re: Help finding records

dnowicki wrote:
Trish wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Trish

Hi Trish,

The go to site for records from Kujawsko-Pomorskie which are housed in the Włocławek branch of the Polish National Archive in Toruń is https://www.genealogiawarchiwach.pl/ Attached is the marriage record and the 1905 birth of their son Włacław.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Wow! Thank you Dave for the attaching the records. I really do appreciate your help.

I have a couple of questions. Is there a video online that I can view that would show me how to use the website https://www.genealogiawarchiwach.pl/ ? Did you just type in Julian Sugalski and the town and that's how you found the records?

The other interesting thing and question is that I did not have a child listed by the name of Wlaclaw. I apprciate that you were able to find him. I do have Julian and Franciszka having a son named Jan who was born on 15 January 1904 in Starcz. The manifest I am attaching states Jan was born born about 1902. However, Jan's USA records stated he was born in 1904. I know Starcz is in the same area where the parents were married. Will I be able to find his record on the website you provided?

Thank you again for your help and advice. Hope you are enjoying your day!
Trish

Jan Sugalski Manifest.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  275.67 KB

Jan Sugalski Manifest.jpg

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2593

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:34 am      Post subject: Re: Help finding records

Trish wrote:
dnowicki wrote:
Trish wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Trish

Hi Trish,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Wow! Thank you Dave for the attaching the records. I really do appreciate your help.

I have a couple of questions. Is there a video online that I can view that would show me how to use the website https://www.genealogiawarchiwach.pl/ ? Did you just type in Julian Sugalski and the town and that's how you found the records?

The other interesting thing and question is that I did not have a child listed by the name of Wlaclaw. I apprciate that you were able to find him. I do have Julian and Franciszka having a son named Jan who was born on 15 January 1904 in Starcz. The manifest I am attaching states Jan was born born about 1902. However, Jan's USA records stated he was born in 1904. I know Starcz is in the same area where the parents were married. Will I be able to find his record on the website you provided?

Trish

Hi Trish,

To answer your first two questions...As far as I know there is no online video of how to use the website. Like many sites it does not come with an instruction manual. As far as typing in Julian Sugalski and the town and being linked to the marriage record the answer is “No”. Would that it were so simple. The site is not a “search by person” site. The site was developed by the Włocławek branch archive as a result of a grant from the EU which funded the digitization of the metrical books housed in the archive and the creation of the website. Indexes of individuals are internal indexes found within most of the metrical books, although some volunteers have begun to create online indexes.

Here follows an effective method for locating records on the site in tandem with Geneteka. For the marriage record Geneteka listed the marriage as Akt 32 in 1903. I searched Skrwilno on the archive’s site for that record. Rather than write about the marriage record I will try to explain how to locate Julian’s birth record.

Based on the names of Julian’s parents (Wojciech & Franciszka Wiśniewska) found in the marriage record search Geneteka for his birth record which is #144 in Skrwilno.

On the archive’s home page click on “Start Browsing”. In the City & Town box type in “Skr” and then click on Skrwilno in the drop down menu and click “Search”. On the left of the next page under “Date” enter 1884 and then click on the book image which appears in the box to the right. On the next page click on the +button in the table of contents column. (Records usually are found in the order of births, marriages, and deaths. Since his birth record is #144 it is necessary to guess which “show” box to select. Click on 28 Show. Then click on “Launch zooming and you will find Akt 144 on the bottom of the left page. (If the guess of the show button was too high or too low adjust the choice accordingly.) Click on the download symbol to the right of the image. Then click on Download 1. Click on “I’m not a robot” and then on “download register” and then on “Download”. Open the completed download and you’ve got the birth record.

Franciszka’s birth on Geneteka is 1881 #180. Her parents’ names are the same as those found in the marriage record (Józef & Weronika Stolarska). Now is time to try out the process. A helpful hint...Her record is found in “Show 32”.

A bonus gift...attached are images of the two birth records and a pic of the church where they were baptized and a 1907 map of powiat Rypinski where Skrwilno was located.

The birth of Jan is not found on Geneteka. I would recommend a manual search of the Skrwilno records for 1904. Starcz was a village which belonged to the parish of Skrwilno. It was a peasant village which had 5 houses and 42 inhabitants.

If you have additional questions please ask.

Wishing you the best of luck,

Dave

61.Rypinski.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  153.32 KB

61.Rypinski.jpg

Screenshot 2022-08-01 092052 skrwilno.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  303.51 KB

Screenshot 2022-08-01 092052 skrwilno.png

71_370_0_105 B&B Franciszka.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  605.9 KB

71_370_0_105 B&B Franciszka.jpg

71_370_0_109(2) B&B Julian.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  454.23 KB

71_370_0_109(2) B&B Julian.jpg

Trish

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:31 pm      Post subject: Re: Help finding records

dnowicki wrote:
Trish wrote:
dnowicki wrote:
Trish wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Trish

Hi Trish,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Trish

Hi Trish,

To answer your first two questions...As far as I know there is no online video of how to use the website. Like many sites it does not come with an instruction manual. As far as typing in Julian Sugalski and the town and being linked to the marriage record the answer is “No”. Would that it were so simple. The site is not a “search by person” site. The site was developed by the Włocławek branch archive as a result of a grant from the EU which funded the digitization of the metrical books housed in the archive and the creation of the website. Indexes of individuals are internal indexes found within most of the metrical books, although some volunteers have begun to create online indexes.

Here follows an effective method for locating records on the site in tandem with Geneteka. For the marriage record Geneteka listed the marriage as Akt 32 in 1903. I searched Skrwilno on the archive’s site for that record. Rather than write about the marriage record I will try to explain how to locate Julian’s birth record.

Based on the names of Julian’s parents (Wojciech & Franciszka Wiśniewska) found in the marriage record search Geneteka for his birth record which is #144 in Skrwilno.

On the archive’s home page click on “Start Browsing”. In the City & Town box type in “Skr” and then click on Skrwilno in the drop down menu and click “Search”. On the left of the next page under “Date” enter 1884 and then click on the book image which appears in the box to the right. On the next page click on the +button in the table of contents column. (Records usually are found in the order of births, marriages, and deaths. Since his birth record is #144 it is necessary to guess which “show” box to select. Click on 28 Show. Then click on “Launch zooming and you will find Akt 144 on the bottom of the left page. (If the guess of the show button was too high or too low adjust the choice accordingly.) Click on the download symbol to the right of the image. Then click on Download 1. Click on “I’m not a robot” and then on “download register” and then on “Download”. Open the completed download and you’ve got the birth record.

Franciszka’s birth on Geneteka is 1881 #180. Her parents’ names are the same as those found in the marriage record (Józef & Weronika Stolarska). Now is time to try out the process. A helpful hint...Her record is found in “Show 32”.

A bonus gift...attached are images of the two birth records and a pic of the church where they were baptized and a 1907 map of powiat Rypinski where Skrwilno was located.

The birth of Jan is not found on Geneteka. I would recommend a manual search of the Skrwilno records for 1904. Starcz was a village which belonged to the parish of Skrwilno. It was a peasant village which had 5 houses and 42 inhabitants.

If you have additional questions please ask.

Wishing you the best of luck,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thank you so very much for the records, map, and picture. My cousin will be so happy. Jan Sugalski married my Aunt Mary Pisarska. I never knew him, but I know his son. Jan's son will be so happy to know where his father came from. Thank you again.

Thank you also for for taking the time to explain how to use the website. It is a big help.

Thank you for your help with everything.
Trish
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: