PolishOrigins Forum

 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
Message
JGwizdowski
PolishOrigins Patron


Joined: 26 Feb 2016
Replies: 212
Location: United States

Back to top
Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:21 am      Post subject: Trouble viewing records on https://www.genealogiawarchiwach
Reply with quote

Greetings all:

For quite a while now, I have been unable to load individual scans from https://www.genealogiawarchiwach.pl/. I've reached out to the archive and reported the problem but haven't heard any response. Wondering if this is just me, or if others are experiencing this problem. I've attached a screen capture of the result I am getting. In this instance, I am researching records from Kikół in the late 1700's. Doesn't matter which book I'm working on.

I've tried different browsers and different hours of the day/night with the same result. Am wondering if anyone else experiences this and if there is a know fix.

Many Thanks, as always!
Joe



Unable to open.jpg
 Description:
Kikół 1782
 Filesize:  68.81 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Unable to open.jpg



_________________
"As long as we are remembered, we remain alive."
View user's profile
Send private message
Sophia
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 05 Oct 2014
Replies: 844

Back to top
Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:38 am      Post subject: Re: Trouble viewing records on https://www.genealogiawarchiw
Reply with quote

JGwizdowski wrote:
Greetings all:

For quite a while now, I have been unable to load individual scans from https://www.genealogiawarchiwach.pl/. I've reached out to the archive and reported the problem but haven't heard any response. Wondering if this is just me, or if others are experiencing this problem. I've attached a screen capture of the result I am getting. In this instance, I am researching records from Kikół in the late 1700's. Doesn't matter which book I'm working on.

I've tried different browsers and different hours of the day/night with the same result. Am wondering if anyone else experiences this and if there is a know fix.

Many Thanks, as always!
Joe


Hi Joe,
Nice to see you back!
I seem to be able to view the scans. Is there a particular one you'd like to have?
I can see you are trying to get into 71/204/0/2 but which person?
Sophia
View user's profile
Send private message
JGwizdowski
PolishOrigins Patron


Joined: 26 Feb 2016
Replies: 212
Location: United States

Back to top
Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:50 am      Post subject: Re: Trouble viewing records on https://www.genealogiawarchiw
Reply with quote

Sophia wrote:

Hi Joe,
Nice to see you back!
I seem to be able to view the scans. Is there a particular one you'd like to have?
I can see you are trying to get into 71/204/0/2 but which person?
Sophia


Hi Sophia! Thank you for your kind offer and comment. The fact that you have no problem loading these scans got me thinking (a dangerous exercise)... perhaps my browsers cache is interfering? I just tried using "incognito" mode and the pages seem to be loading just fine! Sometimes moving forward requires clearing out some cobwebs.

I have been slowly connecting dots in hopes of traveling to Poland in the next year or two.

Best to all,
Joe

_________________
"As long as we are remembered, we remain alive."
View user's profile
Send private message
JGwizdowski
PolishOrigins Patron


Joined: 26 Feb 2016
Replies: 212
Location: United States

Back to top
Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:58 am      Post subject: Re: Trouble viewing records on https://www.genealogiawarchiw
Reply with quote

Sophia wrote:


Hi Joe,
Nice to see you back!
I seem to be able to view the scans. Is there a particular one you'd like to have?
I can see you are trying to get into 71/204/0/2 but which person?
Sophia


Hello Sophia:
I am still having a great difficulty pulling up these marriage records and wonder if you might be able to find this particular (for me) needle in the haystack? The index listing from Geneszukacz provides a record number from the book from Kikol...

1814 22 Jan Baranowski Jan, Józefata Marianna Rudkowska Andrzej, Marianna Kikół Uwagi: Book 1814-1815

The link is: https://www.genealogiawarchiwach.pl/#query.type=ALL&query.facetQuery.date=1814&query.city=Kik%25C3%25B3%25C5%2582&query.suggestion=false&query.thumbnails=false&query.facet=true&query.asc=false&query.sortMode=PUBLICATION&modal=295789658&personTree=false&g

Thank you so much!!
Joe

_________________
"As long as we are remembered, we remain alive."
View user's profile
Send private message
Sophia
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 05 Oct 2014
Replies: 844

Back to top
Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:27 am      Post subject: Re: Trouble viewing records on https://www.genealogiawarchiw
Reply with quote

JGwizdowski wrote:
Sophia wrote:


Hi Joe,
Nice to see you back!
I seem to be able to view the scans. Is there a particular one you'd like to have?
I can see you are trying to get into 71/204/0/2 but which person?
Sophia


Hello Sophia:
I am still having a great difficulty pulling up these marriage records and wonder if you might be able to find this particular (for me) needle in the haystack? The index listing from Geneszukacz provides a record number from the book from Kikol...

1814 22 Jan Baranowski Jan, Józefata Marianna Rudkowska Andrzej, Marianna Kikół Uwagi: Book 1814-1815

The link is: https://www.genealogiawarchiwach.pl/#query.type=ALL&query.facetQuery.date=1814&query.city=Kik%25C3%25B3%25C5%2582&query.suggestion=false&query.thumbnails=false&query.facet=true&query.asc=false&query.sortMode=PUBLICATION&modal=295789658&personTree=false&g

Thank you so much!!
Joe


Hi Joe,
There are two images because it starts on one page and ends on another. The image that shows up first on this message is the page on which you will find their names (top left). The second image, bottom right, is where the text actually begins, in fact you see Jan's name there at the bottom right.
Sophia



71_204_0_15 (3).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  623.69 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

71_204_0_15 (3).jpg



71_204_0_15.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  633.5 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

71_204_0_15.jpg


View user's profile
Send private message
Sophia
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 05 Oct 2014
Replies: 844

Back to top
Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:53 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

Joe,
Just to add to that, here is the (first) page of the marriage index for that year.
Here, you will see that your Jan and Marianna have the number 11 by their name, which indicates the page. The number 22 that was included in the line you provided from the index is (correctly) listing them as the 22nd marriage for that year. The trouble is, there are no numbers written on these pages. Neither an 11 or a 22 is to be found on the images. It made finding them tedious.
Sophia



71_204_0_15 (4).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  601.91 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

71_204_0_15 (4).jpg


View user's profile
Send private message
JGwizdowski
PolishOrigins Patron


Joined: 26 Feb 2016
Replies: 212
Location: United States

Back to top
Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:40 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

Sophia wrote:
Joe,
Just to add to that, here is the (first) page of the marriage index for that year.
Here, you will see that your Jan and Marianna have the number 11 by their name, which indicates the page. The number 22 that was included in the line you provided from the index is (correctly) listing them as the 22nd marriage for that year. The trouble is, there are no numbers written on these pages. Neither an 11 or a 22 is to be found on the images. It made finding them tedious.
Sophia


Sophia...thank you so much for providing these! I never would have made it here without your help.

Bardzo dziękuję!!

_________________
"As long as we are remembered, we remain alive."
View user's profile
Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB ©

© 2009-2022 COPYRIGHTS BY THE OWNER OF POLISHORIGINS.COM