PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Szczerley, Poland?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:26 am      Post subject:

dnowicki wrote:
Sophia wrote:
marcelproust wrote:

Can you tell us what religion was Ewa?
Esa was her marriage or maiden surname?
What esle you can tell us about Ewa?
How old was Ewa in 1904?
Do You know Ewa's parents?

Hi Marcel,
On the ship manifest, Ewa Esa was 17 and she was single. That was in July 1904, so the birth record you found from December 1886 matches perfectly.
Sophia

Hi Marcel & Sophia,

Everything aligns for the record being the correct one for Ewa. Gójsk (19th Century spelling: Gujsk) was the parish for Szczerby according to the Słownik geograficzny, The surname Esa is found under several spellings as is demonstrated by the index from Geneteka posted by Monika. That index contains the names of 2 of Ewa’s siblings. Their death records are attached along with their birth records. Also attached is the birth record of Ewa’s sibling Waleria, who married in 1913.

All this and Monika’s latest post should give a good jump start to further research.

All the best,

Dave

Here are my translations:

Nr 26
Szczerby

It happened in the village of Gójsk, on February 6th/18th, 1894, at 2 p.m.
Appeared Antoni Ess, a shoemaker from Szczerby, 37 years old, in the presence of Józef Czachorowski, a peasant from Gójsk, 42 years old and Jan Dulkowski, son of a peasant from Szczerby, 21 years old, and presented Us a female infant child, informing that the child was born in the village of Szczerby, on 2nd/14th day of the current month and year, at 1 p.m., to his legal wife, Marianna nee tyburska, 37 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today by the undersigned priest, Jan Świderski, the child was given the name: Waleria and the godparents were: Jan Dulkowski and Anna tyburska.
This act was read to the present, who all were illiterate, and it was signed by Us only.Priest Jan Świderski, the administrator of the Gójsk parish, serving as Civil Registrar.

Right margin note: Waleria Ess married Jan Kujawski in the parish church of Rogowo, on May 2nd/14th, 1913. This note was made by the priest Wojciech Bugajczyk, the administrator of the Gójsk parish.

Nr 161
Szczerby

It happened in the village of Gójsk, on September 15th/27th, 1891, at 2 p.m..
Appeared Antoni Ess, a shoemaker from Szczerby, 33 years old, in the presence of Józef Jastrzębski, a peasant 28 years old and Jan Małkowski, a daylaborer, 36 years old, both from the village of Cząpienica and presented Us a female infant child, informing that the child was born on the 2nd/14th day of the current month and year, at 8 p.m., in the village of Szczerby, to his legal wife, Marianna nee Tyburska, 33 years old.
At The holy Baptism, held on the 3rd/15th day of the current month and year, by the priest Jan Świderski, the administrator of the parish of Gójsk, the child was given the name: Franciszka, and the godparents were: Józef tyburski and Anna topolewska.
The reason for the delay in the entry of this birth record was the mother's illness.
This act was read to the illiterate present and it was signed by Us only.

Priest Jan Świderski, the administrator of the parish of Gójsk, serving as Civil Registrar.

Nr 27
Szczerby

It happened in the village of Gójsk, on January 29th/February 10th, 1890, at 10 a.m.
Appeared Antoni Ess, a shoemaker from Szczerby, 32 years old, in the presence of Stanisław Żołnowski from the village of Cząpienica, 23 years old and Józef Orzechowski, from the village of Czumsk, 28 years old, both peasants, and presented Us a male infant child, informing that the child was born in the village of Szczerby, on January 9th/21st of the current year, at 2 p.m., to his legal wife, Marianna nee Tyburska, 31 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held on January 14th/26th of the current year, by the priest Jan Świderski, the administrator of the parish of Gójsk, the child was given the name: Stanisław and the godparents were: Adam Sendlewski and Franciszka Tyburska.
The reason the entry of this record was delayed was due to the father's activities.

This act was read to the illiterate present and it was signed by Us only.

Priest Jan Świderski, the administrator of the parish of Gójsk, serving as Civil Registrar.

Nr 276
Szczerby

It happened in the village of Gójsk, on August 26th/September 7th, 1892, at 3 p.m.
Appeared: Andrzej Dulkowski, a peasant, 50 years old and Jan Wojewódzki, a daylaborer, 42 years old, both from Szczerby and they declared that yesterday, at 8 p.m., died in Szczerby: Franciszka, 11 months and 3 weeks old, a child who was born in Szczerby, daughter of the peasants from Szczerby: Antonii and MArianna nee Tyburska, the Ess spouses.
After convinced myself about the death of Franciszka Ess this act was read to the the illiterate present and it was signed by Us only.

Priest Jan Świderski, the administrator of the Gójsk parish, serving as Civil Registrar.

_________

Nr 69
Szczerby

It happened in the village of Gójsk, on June 8th/20th, 1890, at 8 a.m.
Appeared: Antoni Ess, living on his own funds, 32 years old and Stanisław Krzyczkowski, a peasant from the village of Grabówiec, 30 years old, and they declared, that on the day before yesterday, at 3 p.m., died in Szczerby: Stanisław, 5 months and 2 weeks old, who was born in Szczerby, son of the aforementioned Antoni and Marianna nee Tyburska, the Ess spouses from Szczerby.
After convinced myself about the death of Stanisław Ess this act was read to the illiterate present and it was signed by Us only.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:41 pm      Post subject:

Did You get my translations????

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:21 am      Post subject:

KaminskiJL wrote:

To Marcel, what would you think would be an acceptable payment for your efforts translating the birth record, and would you be interested in translating the other records provided in this thread?

Despite the translations I have made for you and the many messages I have sent you, you did not react in any way.

KaminskiJL

Replies: 20

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:50 am      Post subject:

Marcel, I am sorry for my delay. Yes I received your translations. Thank you! I have never used PayPal before so I am in the midst of setting up an account. I will also need your Paypal account information so I can complete the transaction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: