PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:51 pm      Post subject: Looking for Sznarski/ Strzeszewska/Krupecka/ Monska

Hello,
I am looking for anyone researching or even knows of descendants of the following Sznarski/Snarski families.
My most distant research of this family goes back to Romanus (Roman) who died in Melno Radzyn Chelminski in 1828 who died at the age of 96. He was married to Anna Strzeszewska who died in 1831 at Kitnowo Rehden Graudenz West Prussia, but Roman more than likely could have been married prior. They had
Andrzej b 1800 and died in 1849 in Briesen
Joannes b 1802 in Melno and died 1819 in Melno
Marianna b 1805
Jakub b 1807 in Melno and died 1852 in Linowo
Kunegunda b 1809
Zuzanna b 1812 and died 1813 in Melno
Wojcieh b 1814 and died 1814 in Melno
Ludwig b 1815 and died 1817 in Melno
and Florentyna b 1821

I am descended from Jakub's eldest son Piotr. Jakub married Anna Krupecka but I have absolutely no information regarding her.
Piotr had 2 children to Bertha Augusta Monska who was b 1835 in Wolsztyn and died in 1887 in Dusocin Marienwerder West Prussia. I have no idea as to whether they married or not.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Lyn in Australia
TedMack

Replies: 479

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:09 am      Post subject: Re: Looking for Sznarski/ Strzeszewska/Krupecka/ Monska

Lynjohn wrote:
Hello,
I am looking for anyone researching or even knows of descendants of the following Sznarski/Snarski families.
My most distant research of this family goes back to Romanus (Roman) who died in Melno Radzyn Chelminski in 1828 who died at the age of 96. He was married to Anna Strzeszewska who died in 1831 at Kitnowo Rehden Graudenz West Prussia, but Roman more than likely could have been married prior. They had
Marianna b 1805
Kunegunda b 1809
and Florentyna b 1821

I am descended from Jakub's eldest son Piotr. Jakub married Anna Krupecka but I have absolutely no information regarding her.
Piotr had 2 children to Bertha Augusta Monska who was b 1835 in Wolsztyn and died in 1887 in Dusocin Marienwerder West Prussia. I have no idea as to whether they married or not.
Many thanks
Lyn in Australia

G'day Lyn

Welcome, not sure how much research you have undertaken or if you aware of various online locations for document searches but I thought I'd have a quick look.

Jakub & Anna's marriage record is indexed on Geneteka (https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl) as are some of their children's births. Unfortunately they do not have links to the scans of these records. The records for this parish are available on Family Search but some of these are locked and can only be viewed at at a Family Search Library. The records of Baptisms, Marriages and Deaths can give you vital clues for further searches to establish your family tree. I've included a couple of screen shots below which may help. Appears that the Sznarski family were szlachta (nobility).

Of course others may jump in and help with further search and discovery options.

Cheers
Ted

Family Search - Radzyn.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  206.34 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Family Search - Radzyn.jpg

Marriage Jakub and Anna.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  226.25 KB

Marriage Jakub and Anna.jpg

Births - Sznarski.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  222.63 KB

Births - Sznarski.jpg

TedMack

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:55 am      Post subject: Re: Looking for Sznarski/ Strzeszewska/Krupecka/ Monska

TedMack wrote:
Lynjohn wrote:
Hello,
Marianna b 1805
Kunegunda b 1809
and Florentyna b 1821

Many thanks
Lyn in Australia

G'day Lyn

Welcome, not sure how much research you have undertaken or if you aware of various online locations for document searches but I thought I'd have a quick look.

Jakub & Anna's marriage record is indexed on Geneteka (https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl) as are some of their children's births. Unfortunately they do not have links to the scans of these records. The records for this parish are available on Family Search but some of these are locked and can only be viewed at at a Family Search Library. The records of Baptisms, Marriages and Deaths can give you vital clues for further searches to establish your family tree. I've included a couple of screen shots below which may help. Appears that the Sznarski family were szlachta (nobility).

Of course others may jump in and help with further search and discovery options.

Cheers
Ted

G'day Lyn

Attached are the some birth/baptism records and death records for the Sznarki's. I did visit the FamilySearch Library this morning but was unable to get the marriage record for Jakub and Anna Krupecka as the film was still locked. The Family Search Genealogist said that there have been some issues with some films being locked for no reason and that she has been reporting the issue without success. I did make a request to the FamilySearch Look Up Service to see if they could assist - this may take a few days to get an answer.

Anyway, in the birth record for Felix there is a note added in Latin (appears to be at a later date but in the same hand as the original) which says "pater sznarski vir nobilis efse dicitar" which I think translates as 'Sznarski's father may be called a noble man'. You may wish to confirm with Dave who is a whizz at Latin Translations in the Latin Translation Section of the forum. Also, on the same page as Felix's record is a record for Anna at number 35 who appears to be a daughter of Andrzej.

I'll let you know what response I get to the Look Up request.

Cheers
Ted

Birth Felix Sznarski - record 44 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.26 MB

Birth Felix Sznarski - record 44 (2).jpg

Birth Piotr Sznarski - record 50(2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  320.39 KB

Birth Piotr Sznarski - record 50(2).jpg

Birth Jan Sznarski - record 59 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.17 MB

Birth Jan Sznarski - record 59 (2).jpg

Death Roman Sznarski 1828 - record 60 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.16 MB

Death Roman Sznarski 1828 - record 60 (2).jpg

Death Anna Sznarski 1831 - record 43 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.15 MB

Death Anna Sznarski 1831 - record 43 (2).jpg

Lynjohn

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:13 am      Post subject: Thank you so much TedMack

Oh wow. Many thanks Ted for all your help with my Snarski family. It is certainly greatly appreciated. You have gone to so much time and effort to help me, so a huge thankyou for all that. I am very excited to have all this extra information. Many thanks again, CHeers, Lyn
TedMack

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:18 am      Post subject: Re: Thank you so much TedMack

Lynjohn wrote:
Oh wow. Many thanks Ted for all your help with my Snarski family. It is certainly greatly appreciated. You have gone to so much time and effort to help me, so a huge thankyou for all that. I am very excited to have all this extra information. Many thanks again, CHeers, Lyn

No worries - I also noted in the Death records the different spellings for Sznarski and it alos appears that Anna Strzeszewska's mothers death record may also be there.

Ted

Death records.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  192.77 KB

Death records.jpg

TedMack

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:14 am      Post subject: Re: Thank you so much TedMack

Lynjohn wrote:

G'day Lyn

I did get a reply back from the FamilySearch Look Up service but unfortunately they were unable to locate the record, they did give some information as to where you could continue your search and I've attached their reply. They did also send through the marriage records for 1837 which are also attached.

Good luck with your further searches.

Cheers
Ted

Marriages from Radzyn Chelminski beginning of year 1837..jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  643.94 KB

Marriages from Radzyn Chelminski beginning of year 1837..jpg

Marriages from Radzyn Chelminski end of year 1837..jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  649.86 KB

Marriages from Radzyn Chelminski end of year 1837..jpg

Reply re. Marriage Record No. 10 Radzyn Chelminski of Jakub Sznarski and Anna Krupicka .pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Reply re. Marriage Record No. 10 Radzyn Chelminski of Jakub Sznarski and Anna Krupicka .pdf
 Filesize:  99.69 KB
 Downloaded:  103 Time(s)

Lynjohn

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:33 pm      Post subject: Thankyou so much again Ted

So sorry Ted
I thought I had replied to you but realised I hadn't done so. Oops. My apologies.
I am so grateful to you for finding out all this information to help me with my ancestral research.
Many thanks for taking the time and effort involved. I can assure you it is very much appreciated. Any information you have received I am adding to the tree.
Thanks so much.
Take care
Lyn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: